Virtual: Chapter 7
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Virtual - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparta12

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Virtual: Chapter 7  

Virtual
chapter 7: The Great Escape begins

“Jack pull up there’s a missile on your tail!” Anne shouted out as she stared at the Lieutenant Commander’s smoking escape pod
“I can’t pull up that fast… It’s getting really hot in here and I have zero visibility!” Jack’s voice crackled back over the squadron radio
“Anne watch out!” Gunnery Sergeant Halloway interrupted as Jack’s escape pod plummeted towards the ground, Anne checked her six to see a Boragnian was chasing her
“Oh crap!” She shouted and immediately yanked back on the stick. As she performed a back flip a burst of lasers soared past her but one of the laser’s clipped her.
“Hang on Jack!” The gunny’s voice crackled over the radio
“Gunny what are you doing?” Jack asked in confusion
“I’m going to save your ass,”
“Oh please tell me your using lasers!” Jack shouted back at the Gunnery Sergeant but there was a long silence over the radio while Anne blew her pursuer to bits.
“Oh hell no! Don’t do it gunny!” Anne ordered the Marine Pilot but he didn’t listen
“Good luck Jack!” Gunnery Sergeant Halloway said before he drove the nose of his fighter into the missile, causing his fighter to explode and ending his suicide mission.
“Oh my God…” Anne whispered as she witnessed Halloway’s fighter get blown up by the missile

“Performing emergency landing now!” Jack reported calmly over the squadron channel and right after saying that the flat belly of his escape pod smashed onto the ground that made Jack jump up in his cockpit. Before Jack lost all navigational control he put his thrusters in reverse and quickly aimed his cockpit away from the trees ahead of him. As his cockpit slid cross the ground he noticed that all of his computer systems that surrounded him in the escape pod went completely black and that also meant that he now had no way of communicating with his comrades. However Jack was still going extremely fast and was travelling over 7 G’s so as his escape pod sped across the landscape his veins rose above his skin, his face turned red and he tried hard not to pass out but his eyes shut after a few seconds as the pod skid across the ground.

“Sir we have reports that Trader’s Haven is now Boragnian territory!” An ensign called out to the Admiral who stood there in shock
“What have we done?” he whispered as he placed two hands on the map desk in the centre of the bridge.
“Get us into the fight! Once we get down there we’ll recall all fighters and get out of here!”
“But sir the engine won’t take anymore abuse!”
“Hmm… Get all Zoraxian personnel onto our ship, we’ll get down there and once we’re done we’ll jump inside the planet!” the Admiral ordered, clenching his fist
“This was a big mistake,” Colonel Ballows whispered to the Admiral
“ I know…”
“You can get court-martialled by anyone on the cruiser for this,” Colonel Ballows informed him
“I know!” he whispered back.
“Sir one of the pilot’s is requesting a rescue mission,” A sergeant informed the Admiral.
“Denied Sergeant,”

Gunny… Why the hell did he do that? Jack thought as regained consciousness and unpacked his kit from his escape pod the guy had a family… Why would he do that to them? He continued to think as he loaded his rifle. Oh shut up… We have to think here Jack. Now let’s see… I’ve got Twenty-Four hours of Oxygen left, two magazines for my rifle, hand-held radar and a pistol with three magazines… Now there are bound to be a million of Boragnians seeing that they breed so damn fast and not to mention they take over other living beings…And I have to get into that city and get one of their ships before the Freedom leaves this sector… Fuck! He thought but as soon as he had planned out what he was going to do he was on his way towards the city of what use to be Trader’s Haven. Jack sprinted for a while until he came to a forest that had Orange and Purple tree’s but that didn’t get him his attention instead it was his radar.
“Hmm… Not Boragnians…” he said as he observed his radar, he quickly sprinted off into the direction where there were five blips on the screen until he came to a hill that was covered in Vines and Logs. The Lieutenant Commander hid behind one of the logs, slowly rose his head into the air until he had a visual on what was there
“Oh my god!” he whispered and immediately he stood into the air.
“Flash!” He decided to say to get their attention. There were five beings there and each of them of different species, and each of them had airtight suits on but they were all talking to each other. However Jack’s calm tone had scared them, so in reaction the five of them took cover in the bushes
“Halt, who goes there!” one of them yelled out and that gave Jack the thought that one of these guys had military training or was part of some kind of militia or was just a military nut.
“You’re kidding right?” Jack shouted back at them as he approached but then he heard the cocking of one of their rifles
“Fine. Lieutenant Commander Jack Art of the United Marines Flight Corp,” he answered, swinging his rifle over his shoulder.
“Advance and be recognised,” they ordered him once more, so he did what they ordered and once he was seen they came out of the bushes.
“Semper Fi Marine. I’m Lieutenant Norman, United Army,”
“What the hell are you doing on this godforsaken planet?” One of the Aliens asked, speaking a basic, universal language
“Our cruiser got damaged along with our allied friend, so we came down here,”
“Funny I haven’t seen any cruisers around here,”
“That’s because only our fighters and bombers have been coming in through the atmosphere. However it’ll be coming down here soon to save our guys in the sky. Meantime I have to get to the city and highjack one of their ships.” Jack explained.
“You are fucking nuts. You must know that the city is crawling with millions of those bastards!” Another Alien questioned him in the Basic-Universal language.
“Yeah I know but it’s my only chance and if you guys come along it can also be yours. Speaking of which, do you guys have any other people with you or are you guys alone?” Jack asked as he checked his oxygen meter.
“Actually there’s about what seventy? Eighty?” Lieutenant Norman asked, turning around to his alien friend and speaking in the Universal language.
“Eighty-Six sir.” One of the Aliens answered him.
“Right. Do you guys want to help?” he asked, pointing his finger at each of them
“No way marine. We tried back when there were two thousand of us… That was a year ago. We lost one thousand then, five hundred in the next colossal battle with the Boragnians and everyone else died on ambushed patrols,” he answered him
“Yeah but you guys were trying to reclaim the city. I’m trying to get off this rock by going towards their hangar bay. What do say Lieutenant? Your militia up for an offensive to end life on a polluted hell hole?”

To Be Continued…

P.S. I worked on this for only two days and it's not the huge amount that I usually write but trust me the next chapter will be an epic struggle.
saxon215

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject:  

cant wait till you hit us with the next part"
sparta12

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject:  

also one more thing I might mention:
Sorry for the loads of Dialogue in this one.
saxon215

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject:  

speakiong as someone who uses a lot of dialogue himselfm i dont mind it at all
Smee

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject:  

A good chapter - so we are trying to recruit some help.

Are we voting on whether they help or not, or is this a non-voting chapter?

I look forward to the next one :D

Happy Writing.
sparta12

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject:  

This is a voting chapter. But I'm gonna go for reader help again here before I go back to independent thinking.
Any Ideas?
Plan of Attack etc?
saxon215

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject:  

well lets adress this city what are its areas of weakeness and things like that, okay first of all try to make a masisve diversion with the least amount of people used possiuble and while theres a diversion disrupt power to the entire city and cut off their abillity to produce supplies then run away and hide, it will be a seige except without use of an army
if they somehow mana\ge to get comunication and callin a support shit theres yyour yticket out of there, hitchhike
sparta12

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject:  

good, good. Keep it coming.
sparta12

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject:  

need at least one more by Monday or else Im gonna have to add my own opinion.
Anyone?
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject:  

I am not sure a massive diversion would be the wisest thing. Our numbers are few, and while the enemy is certainly likely to know of our presence, I doubt they perceive us as much of a threat. We want to evacuate as many as possible, ideally everyone from this hell hole.

Although our numbers are small, there are still enough of us that we can't all sneak into the city and secure our evacuation safely. A small group should enter the city to procure transports. Divide the remaining people into discreet groups, and have them wait in varied locations for pick up. Hopefully once we reach the hangar, we can high-jack enough craft and rendevous quickly with the remaining groups, and leave this godforsaken rock in one piece. I think this is our best option in providing escape for the most people.
sparta12

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject:  

Time top release information on the Boragnians:

Hacking into Archive...
Complete...
Search for: Boragnian information.
Information Found...
Open log:

Captain James Miller, United Planetary Defence, Kilo Company.
Planet: Derman

I got more information off the doc this morning about the Boragnians. ApparantlyThey're are not a whole bunch of their "Pure" species left which was their original shape.
So they start wars with other planets and then they make hybrid's out of the alien species they invade.
All of their weapons, ships etc.
Are all bio-mechanical.
The Boragnians also created another form of them which latches on to the back of someones head after knocking them unconscious and then inserts a large tail with a
sting on the end down their spine which forms around it. Thus letting this creature take control of the being but also in the progress... deforming them. Strange I know.
The only problem with the Boragnians is after they took over a couple of planets to increase their species they became war mongers.
I can hear them coming from miles away...
They're ongoing moaning can drive someone to insanity they say.
Hmm... Looks like it's my turn for sentry duty....
Since Darren died we finally saw how low we running on men and ammunition.
We've also been... Oh shit they're inside!
sparta12

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject:  

oh yes and by the way everyone review's on chapters and biographies etc. Are to be put in the REVIEWS topic.
-Cheers :D
sparta12

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject:  

Come on guys!
Get Voting the Poll is up!

Storygames Home -> Virtual - COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1