Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Sojourner's Journey, Chapter 2
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Sojourner's Journey - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject:  

It is difficult to conjure what Ouran might see in his restless vision, as I still know little about the culture. I believe however he might see a past vision of a dark, exotic stranger that brings healing to a past Sojourner, and a great reconciliation of some sort.
Alegria

Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject:  

Thnx 4 the Idea, I was thinking he might see stuff that explained his culture to the rest of us (including me).
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject:  

That would certainly be helpful, maybe revisiting scenes where he learned from a wise tutor to encompass a longer history- or simply a few short memories from his life that shape the present culture.
Alegria

Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject:  

Hey, do you guys think I have any chance at nomination or, dare I say it, winning the story game of the month award?
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject:  

You've just started. Keep developing your story and if not this month, then next month I'm sure you will have a good shot at SGOTM.
Muaddib

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject:  

I could nominate you, but I myself have been nominated 3 times and not won even once.Though I came close on the 2nd one.
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject:  

I imagine if the Dark Lord were nominated, you'd win it- or at least come frustratingly close like you did last time. I might have to break down and catch up with what's going on in that story. I follow the Mysteries but just never got into the Dark Lord for some reason.
Alegria

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject:  

Well, if you could nominate me, that would be great!
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject:  

Alegria wrote: Well, if you could nominate me, that would be great!
I shall consider it. :mrgreen:
Muaddib

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject:  

I suggest you wait this month, get a good reader base, otherwise ill nominate if you persist.
Alegria

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject:  

Ok, I'll try to get more readers
Muaddib

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject:  

Well actually theres little u can do. Just change ur signature and hope for the best, ill try and put a word in where i can
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject:  

Alegria wrote: Well, if you could nominate me, that would be great!

Alas, I opted to nominate another storygame whose author has been working on it longer. Don't despair, your game is still good, and I encourage you to keep working on it. I will keep reading as long as you keep writing. :)
Alegria

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject:  

I'm going ahead with the poll, but since I goofed up on the first (made it never-ending,) it will be in the miscellania section of the others forum
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject:  

To change your poll, you will first have to send a PM to the moderator of the forum (Smee) and ask him to delete the current poll. Once he has deleted the current poll, you can Edit your first post to create the new poll. You will need to do this everytime you change polls, regardless whether the poll is never-ending or not.

Smee is gone for about a week, so be patient after you PM him, and he will eliminate your old poll after he gets back.
Alegria

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject:  

Thanks for the info
Smee

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject:  

Hey Alegria,

Good to see you have hooked a couple of other readers. :)

Know that I am one of them too, although as you may have spotted, my time has been very limited recently and I couldn't make a comment.

I have deleted the poll, so you should be able to add a new one for Chapter 3 when you write it - don't worry about the chapter 2 poll, that'll be ok for this time.

As for the dreams - as Fauna said, it's hard for us to know the sort of things he might dream, so I agree with the idea about dreaming some of the history - it'll help us understand more about your world.

Look forward to the next chapter,

Happy Writing, :D

Storygames Home -> Sojourner's Journey - COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1