Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Sojourner's Journer, Chapter 5
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Sojourner's Journey - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alegria

Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Sojourner's Journer, Chapter 5  

Sojourner's Journey

Chapter VI

Atlantis

"I'll go with you guys," Alyssa finally decided.

"Good," replied Ouran, "Let's Go to the loading area.

The crisp November air cut like a knife at the flesh of the Rinosians, winter had cast it's spell so early this year, but that was good. That meant the nation could end it's wandering and go to their fabulous floating city. It was the only time they could go, for in the winter the parasites would hibernate, only to reawaken in the spring to take the bodies of the unfortunate.

"Wait here, Alyssa. The Mouskoff should be here soon."

"Ok, what's a Mouskoff?"

Ouran smiled, "You'll see."

And see ALyssa did, for about an hour later of freezing, someone shouted, "The Mouskoff is here!"

Alyssa stared at the Mouskoff, she couldn't help it. She had expected a boat, but instead she saw about fifty things like whales with large, feathery, irradescent wings.

"What are those?"

"Mouskoffs, we brought them from our home world of Kunaski, now, let's go inside, it's much to cold out here."

"Inside, wait!"

But Ouran had already gone walking away, to the Mouskoff in the front of the convoy. She followed him until she saw a blowhole, which had a ladder going into it, Ouran quickly descended the ladder, but Alyssa was more hesitant. She finally went down the ladder, into a lushly decorated room.

"Ouran, how is this possible? I mean this room inside an animal?"

"The Mouskoff has no internal organs in this part of its body. We specially bred it to be this way so we could ride in them."

"Oh."

"There are so many I would like for you to meet."

They approached a distinguished looking man, and on the way Ouran explained, "Our government has four branches. The Royal Family, the Priestly Hierchy, the Military, and the Senate. I am executive of the Royal Family as the Sojourner. Zantos is the high Priest, Brishma the Grand General of the military, and Vaxus, whom you are about to meet is the Supreme Senator."

"Greetings, Ouran," said the Supreme Senator.

"Hello, Vaxus, this is Alyssa."

"Hello, Alyssa, you must be the half Rinosian for Masquerade!"

"I'm sorry, sir. What's Masquerade?"

Ouran intervened, "I haven't asked her as of yet, but I'm getting there."

"Ouran, tell me more about the government."

Vaxus drifted off as Ouran went into depth about the government, and them ended in the following summary, "So, the senate is elected by the people, and the senators elect a Supreme Senator. The Senate can remove the Sojourner, but only with the approval of the other branches, besides the Sojourner, but the priests get to choose the new Sojourner. Preists can be removed by the military, chosen by the Sojourner. Military can be removed by the Sojourner, but are chosen be the senate. Senate can be removed by the Priests, and are elected by the people."

"Every year we have a Masquerade, and every four years, we tranform half Rinosians into full Rinosians who can use their magic voluntarily, and have wings. Masquerade is a week long, and I was wondering if you wish to become a full-fledged Rinosian. But hold that thought, because we're at Atlantis!"

Alyssa was dissapointed at Atlantis, "You brought me here to see a giant cylinder with a stick pointing out of it?"

"That 'stick' is the tower of eve, it goes all the way through the inside of the city and is three hundred and sixty-five stories tall."

"That's impossible!"

"It was all built with magic, and magic steadies it so it won't topple, but before we go in the city, I need your answer."

Alyssa hesitated, would she become a Rinosian and actually belong somewhere? But she would also be leaving everything behind that was human, "Ouran, would I be able to see my family again?"

"Of course you would, in fact we plan on personally inviting them to Masquerade."

Descision point

What does Alyssa choose?
Alegria

Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject:  

Hello? New chapter is up!
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject:  

What family do I really have left? What life do I cling to, that I should worry so much about leaving it behind?

I want to discover who I really am. I want to fully become a Rinosian.
Alegria

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject:  

I want everyone to remember to really think on this one. It's a life-changing descisoin for Alyssa!
Smee

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject:  

It's a big decision, but as Fauna pointed out, what has she to tie her to her human origins? The rinosians have some cool powers, she might as well get as many of them as she can whilst learning about her past.

Go for it girl :)
Alegria

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject:  

Well, I think her tie would be that even though she might be angry with her aunt, she might still love her. Blood is thicker than water, (or murder, in her case).

By the Smee, I like your quote
Alegria

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject:  

Hey, I'm back, more computer trouble!
Alegria

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject:  

Up with the New Poll!
Alegria

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject:  

Poll Is Up, Hello
Smee

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject:  

Hmmm, should we become a Rinosian, or become a Rinosian.

Tough choice. :D
Chinaren

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Poll  

It happened with my poll too. First two choices became the same. Maybe the poll has become aware and is bias.

BTW Smee, could you delete my old poll so I can post a new one?

Ta.
Alegria

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject:  

Hey, Chinaren, how do you like the SG?
Alegria

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject:  

The Winner Is: Become a Rinosian

new chapter will be up in a few!
Alegria

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject:  

Thanks to all that are voting for Sojourner's Journey as SGOTM

Storygames Home -> Sojourner's Journey - COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1