Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Chapter 14 - An amazing meeting.
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> InterFable Stories - A Vampire's Quest - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Idea master

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Chapter 14 - An amazing meeting.  

What has happened before...
You, Thadius LaFontania, awoke from the collapse of the wizard's tower. You found yourself under watch in the druid's stronghold, and there you managed to pass the test required for the Staff of Nature. With half your self gone to who knows where, you journey to the wizard's temple. You feel very insecure with the knowledge that you do not draw upon the earth anymore, but rather, you use it to your advantage. While walking upon the coastline, you see a small hut not deep in the woods. Although you know it may not be the wisest thing to do, you travel to the hut and knock on it. The door opens, and you step in...
The smell of various herbs tickles your nose...there is rosemary, there was a wiff of chamomile...reminders of how you lost your druidic self. When you turn about to see what hand opened the door, all you see is a small, odd, strange man about knee high. After he surveys you for a moment, he grunts and seems to whisper to himself. Then he says, "Come, come, you are needed."
"Needed? Needed where? How?"
"It matters not, for when life needs you, you anwser, yes? And there is a bit of life fighting to stay that way."
You barely manage to here this, however, for he has dissapeared down a small tunnel. Thinking of how you'll never be able to get in there, you open your mouth to complain.
And then shut it. You are still part wizard. So you shrink yourself down to his height and follow him. You bump your head on a few roots though, for while you are his height now, you do not have his knowledge. You can catch his voice up far ahead, though it doesn't seem to be moving anymore.
"You may even know this man...But that matters not, for you will still need his power, and his amulet...yes, I am sure you know him."
"You....know of my quest?"
"Dear boy! This whole city knows of your quest by now!"
City?
Then you notice that there is a light up ahead, which is not typical of underground caverns. You fall through the tunnel, for it is very steep now, and when you finish cradling your poor head, you look up and catch sight of the most beautiful city ever.
Everything shines, everything glitters, everything is awash in a radiant glow of rainbow colors. Towers streak towards the roof, the towers themselves have springs jutting out of them, and it seems that there are small figures flitting about the waterfall on the far side of you. This is a city of peace and prosperity, not war and blood. This must be the lost city of Fae, the most treasured place of the God of Knowledge.
The little man who was your guide notices that you are agape with wonder. "Come, come, you may yet return here...we have a man we can not heal. You may yet save him."
As he leads you through the streets, the inhabitants stop and stare, some of them. Others murmer, some point and whisper, but all follow you towards a small little house with a red cross on it. Here you smell more herbs, healing ones. There are many beds in this house, and only one occupied. It is inhabitated by a man you recognize, a man who caused you much grief early on in your adventure. A man with flowing robes and symbols on his hat, one with a long white beard...The head of wizards.
You turn towards the little man. He guestures towards the head wizard. "He was found upon the shore and has been unconcious since we found him. We managed to keep him alive, but now the balence is in peril. Only one thing can save him now...a bite from a vampire. He is part vampire now, so it will not harm him, merely awaken him."
Part vampire? Then this cannot be...but there is no other explination...you grimly turn towards the wizard, and slowly open your mouth. You bring it towards his neck, and drain only what you must...only until his eyes awaken. As he turns his head towards you, you realize who this man is. He is the head of wizards. He is the King of vampires. A lump forms in your throat, your vision blurs, and you embrace this man.
He is your father.
D-Lotus

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject:  

Is this supposed to be a big change, or is it the end? Sorry, I don't follow the story. But what are the options now?
Mordok

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject:  

I think this is the best chapter yet. It has a very smooth flow and I liked the little man. Is he going to hate his father for the earlier suffering, or love him for making him more of a man?
Ravenwing

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject:  

I agree with Morkok. Very smooth chapter. The little man just amuses me, he has some odd quirks I am sure. Now the question is how did Thadius' father end up on a beach? Thats a question that is circling my mind I know.
kenshin himura

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject:  

This was a very good chapter also, but what happens now?
is he still going on alone or is his father going to help him?
oh, and I also agree, the chapter was smooth.
Yo Momma

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject:  

ya that is what i want to know

Storygames Home -> InterFable Stories - A Vampire's Quest - COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1