Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Chapter 6: Trickery
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Battle to the End - Yahoo: Mind over Magic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chainfire

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Chapter 6: Trickery  

Story so far: Yahoo, an old emflikar, comes to town to get involved in a Magic tournament, and in his inn he gets into a fight. He finds another magician, Jakeen, and helps him with his magic. A mysterious man talks to Yahoo and leads him into a secluded inn where he receives an unusual gift- an enchanted carrot.

Yahoo parts ways with his student once Jakeen registers for the tournament, and despite a negative crowd enjoys a solid victory in his first contest. Leaving the arena, Yahoo is shadowed by someone:

Yahoo decided it would be best just to lose this pursuer instead of a direct confrontation. He quickly turned the corner and with some simple hand gestures upset some of the stones and conjured up giant spider webs. Without slowing down he ran headlong into the crowd; he heard a loud cry of surprise behind him and made many tight turns between people. Whoever was following him ran into people in an attempt to continue following Yahoo and get the webs off. The charm didn’t fall off his follower and many people became frightened because an unseen force was shoving them away. There were many cries of ‘phantom’ and ‘ghost’ but Yahoo just kept running, and he even started using small focuses of air to poke people farther away and add to the mayhem.

He soon had the street in an uproar and was slipping down a small side alley to get away when he saw someone he had wished never to see again.

There was no way he could be wrong. He would never forget those sideburns- it was Zachis from the Club of Bizzarre. Yahoo stood there in the middle of the street watching the strange little man who seemed to be right at home in the uproar around him. Zachis, as though sensing Yahoo’s eyes on him, turned and gave him a wink and a nod.

He started running through the crowd and farther down the street, on an act of whim Yahoo decided to follow him. After many twists and turns through wide streets and dark alleys Yahoo found himself in the City Main, and he saw Zachis turn into the Black Night Pub, the place where he had first found out about the Club of Bizzarre.

Yahoo didn’t know whether to go in or not, and even if he did would he want to confront Zachis? He wanted to ask him many questions, like why he had been followed, but he was still a little nervous about the strange little man. He reached down into his pocket where the unusual carrot was that was supposed to answer any question asked it. With a determined face Yahoo marched forward into the pub.

After allowing his eyes to adjust to the dimmer light he walked up to the bar and asked the same bar tender from before to see Zachis.

"Who was that sir," the man asked as he washed out a glass.

"Zachis, jolly old fellow with big sideburns, he said that you know him quite well," answered Yahoo.

"I'm sorry sir, I have no patrons by that name, and I think I would remember such a man," the bartender replied.

Now Yahoo was really stumped, and looked all around the pub, Zachis was no where in sight. Yahoo heard a loud bang come from upstairs and looked around in surprise. No one else seemed to have noticed it. Something was up and Yahoo couldn't decide what to do.
kingcappie

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject:  

Short chapter, and to the point. :cool: Too bad we didn't confront whoever was following us and try to get more information from him. But since we did choose to follow Zachis we should definitely make sure to find out somthing now.

Yahoo needs to wait around for a bit. Zachis seemed to want Yahoo to noticed and follow him, so a little patience here might pay off.
Araex

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject:  

Nice chapter. Pity I didn't see the last one... I would have opted for confrontation. No matter.

I think that we should take a look around; as in, check upstairs, the restrooms, everything. Zachis might not want us to find him, but perhaps someone else.

Storygames Home -> Battle to the End - Yahoo: Mind over Magic
Page 1 of 1