Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Sojourner's Journey, Chapter 8, Installment 2
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Sojourner's Journey - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alegria

Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Sojourner's Journey, Chapter 8, Installment 2  

Sojourner’s Journey

Chapter 8
Installment 2

Rengatamal

The parasite wound it’s way to Ouran. Alyssa sat shocked, she knew she should run, to do as Ouran said, but she couldn’t. Not only that, but, if she could, she wouldn’t have.

Several thoughts raced through Ouran’s mind. Things that included, ‘this is the end,’ ‘why me?’ ‘Why isn’t Alyssa running?’ and, at the forefront, ‘what will happen to my people?’ There were many other thoughts, fleeting thoughts, but they were all insignificant and stupid as all of his escape plans. He knew he had to utter the word of death. It would kill the parasite, but also him, and, if she didn’t run, Alyssa as well. But, it was what had to happen. Just one last try though, “Alyssa, run, don’t look back, and cover your ears! Whatever you do, keep you ears covered!”

Alyssa’s joints unfroze, and instinct took over. She had to live. But then something else came, and saving herself came secondary to saving Ouran. She plugged her ears, and got ready to shield Ouran with her body if need be, when something happened.

Ouran hesitated, Alyssa refused to leave. He must say the word, but if he did, Alyssa would die, and he could not let that happen, the entire world could collapse, but Alyssa couldn’t die.

The parasite leapt.

Alyssa leapt.

Ouran drew the thin rapier at his side, knowing he would not be quick enough.

A loud bang resonated in the air, and then came the creak and groans of buildings, the entire city trying to stay up, and the tower of eve. Ouran’s face drained from shock as well as a sudden loss. He breathed one word, “Rengatamal.”

Alyssa landed on the marble tiles with a groan. The parasite had veered its course after the bang, hiding in an abandoned street. Then, all was quiet.

Then came the screaming.

Millions of wails filled the city on all levels, as every single Rinsosian wailed and wept bitter tears of failure.

Alyssa got up, looked at Ouran, and inquired.

Ouran stared back, and them he turned back, running towards the palace full speed.

Alyssa followed.

Inside the palace, Alyssa had learned from a pale, subdued guard that Ouran was in a meeting with the entire Senate, High Priest, and Grand General.

She could go to the library to look up that word, but there were so many books, her search might be fruitless. She could burst in, but that would be extremely rude. Or, she could wait, but it would drive her mad.

Decision Point

What does Alyssa do?
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject:  

Perhaps she could eavesdrop? Probably only find out maddening tidbits of information that way, but it would be better than a fruitless search, a rude interruption, or twiddling her thumbs.
Shady Stoat

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject:  

I think she should burst in. Alyssa is new to this world, but she is important to it too. If she's polite and stays on the sidelines, she will always be an outsider, given only the information they think it is fitting for her to have.

She should dress her reasons up a little. Tell them that she's sorry for disturbing them, but as a newcomer, she feels it is more than necessary for her to learn as much as she can, as quickly as she can. After all, she can bring up the matter of the parasite as a good backup for that reasoning. Everyone else assumed she knew and didn't tell her a thing about it. She can't afford to walk blind in an alien world.

Go in, make a place for yourself and make them accept you :)
Ravenwing

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject:  

I agree with Stoat. Alyssa has been too much on the dull sidelines. She is out of the loop on everything still, even though she has been in the land for some time.

Although it does seem to be in her nature to be a bit inpredictable, she probably wouldn't consider it something worth embaressing herself about. I go with fauna for the decision. Eavesdropping is not a daring move for most, but for Alyssa I think it is.
Alegria

Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject:  

Yes, Alyssa is quite the quiet type so far, very bottled up and her only friends in this new world seem to be Ouran and Zantos
Suneila

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject:  

My first thought was to eavesdrop, as well, although in a situation like this, I can see her building up the courage to burst in. Maybe she could try to eavesdrop, but not make out many of the words until they say her name. That would definately make her burst into the room.

This was a much better place to stop the chapter, Alegria.

~sunny
Alegria

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject:  

Don't I know it.
Ravenwing

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject:  

Write the chapter, Alegria. *grins* We're all waiting...
Alegria

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject:  

Um.......Okay then..........

Polls are up.
Suneila

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject:  

I voted 'eavesdrop'. She's not quite bold enough to burst into the room without good reason.

~sunny
Ravenwing

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject:  

Did I make a comment to a different post??? :? Oops. Ah well. I go with sunny. Eavesdropping is the closest I see Alyssa doing that would be considered going beyond the rules.
Alegria

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject:  

OK, be looking for the next Chapter this month.
Ravenwing

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject:  

Yay! Can't wait for the next part. *summons a stool out of the air*
Smee

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject:  

*Sits and waits too, but goes for a beanbag instead*

Storygames Home -> Sojourner's Journey - COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1