Free online storygaming

Chapter 8 Vote
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> The Wheel - The Ram
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Chapter 8 Vote  

Chapter 8 voting is up!

The choices above have been created from suggestions to the previous chapter (click the previous chapter link to read the chapter and comments).

This poll will be up for 1-2 weeks. At the end of that time, the choice that has the most votes will become the basis for chapter 9.

Anyone is welcome to vote, although you must be registered and logged in. You can only vote on each poll once. Feel free to discuss the choices or try to sway people to vote one way or the other.
saxon215

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject:  

woot is looks like my choice is winning
Reiso

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject:  

Muwahahahahaha! You are now only half-victorious!!
saxon215

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject:  

ow, damn you big R
Smee

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject:  

The massive part of our success, the alliance with the merfolk, moves me to cement that arrangement by meeting the king again before the big test comes.
saxon215

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject:  

but what about the prophets warning. perhaps the merfolk wont kill the serpent they might let it rhough because of a bullroarer bribe or something
Ravenwing

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject:  

There is no reason to go after the Leviathan yet. I say ask for the assistance of the Mistfolk.
saxon215

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject:  

perhaps the merefolk need to prepare to fight the levithian cut them some slack it must be a hard battle
Random

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject:  

I think it is of utmost important at this point to find out what the merfolk are thinking and planning. It's a loose end that needs to be tied up before we really get the war machine moving again. Once we find out where we stand with them, I would think requesting aid from the mistfolk and setting raids on the ships of the bullroars would take precedence.
Smee

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject:  

I'm with you Random. We're asked to vote on what we want to do first, and whilst I think all the suggestions need to be done, I'm still wary of the Merfolks commitment. We are relying on them for an awful large amount, and even more to come, we have to make sure they're on side.
Conor-Maccloed

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject:  

The only way to truely cement the alleince with the merfolk is the wedding. If it is going to occur, we need to spend what time we have with Lalomea in preperation for it. Perhaps time spent with her would fulfill the to purpose of understanding the merfolk motives in addition to getting to know our future wife. Just have to be a little subtle.

Okay Smee, ready for the spelling corrections hehe.
Smee

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject:  

You're so kind, you've already marked it all in red for me. :wink: Although it's not quite that bad. :D
Mordok

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject:  

I voted merfolk too, but not just to find their motivations. I would also question the king about Leviathan and his thoughts on the new Bullroar Fleet. I would also ask about the wedding as that would bind our relationship a little more. I would ask about tactics and stratagies before I questioned loyalties. Treat the king as an ally and father more than as a possible threat.
saxon215

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject:  

what about letting the serpent attack the bullroar's and then let the mistfolk kill it after they've weakened it.
an enemy can be a powerful alie
D-Lotus

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject:  

Who cares about the merfolk... let them take care of the serpent...let's risk ourselves a little...I voted for taking some minor cities...
saxon215

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject:  

evebn if you do take a small city it wont achieve much
defenses last for agws
D-Lotus

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject:  

Yes it would, saxon, it woud distract the bullroars and delay the attack, it would show your power, it would boost moral, gain supplies, free some more sheep heads,etc...it would also give the merfolk some time to deal with the serpent...why check with the merfoolk again? Whats the point? Haven't they always just reasserted what they said before and sent you back? At least thats what I think...

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject:  

Can you guys update me on the story. I read half of the latest chapter but I don't have a clue of whats going on. And I have registerd but I can't login. I am confused
Ravenwing

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject:  

Although the other chapters are locked, you should be able to still read the story.
Key

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: registration  

Anonymous wrote: Can you guys update me on the story. I read half of the latest chapter but I don't have a clue of whats going on. And I have registerd but I can't login. I am confused

Also, once you register, you need to check your email and click on a link to activate your account. Please email or PM me if you have any more trouble.

Thanks,

Mark Keavney
Interfable Webmaster
saxon215

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject:  

D-Lotus wrote: Yes it would, saxon, it woud distract the bullroars and delay the attack, it would show your power, it would boost moral, gain supplies, free some more sheep heads,etc...it would also give the merfolk some time to deal with the serpent...why check with the merfoolk again? Whats the point? Haven't they always just reasserted what they said before and sent you back? At least thats what I think...
uhh no it wouldnt
\eventually your men would be slaughteres the bullroarers are stil, top strong on their own terratory you'd get killed loose the suplies an extra sheepheads and lower moral because of the deaths.
if ever you were to attempt such a thing do it with an easy escape route
like a very rough river that taes you to the sea that the bullroares couldnt posisbly brigade
saxon215

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject:  

[quote="saxon215"] D-Lotus wrote: Yes it would, saxon, it woud distract the bullroars and delay the attack, it would show your power, it would boost moral, gain supplies, free some more sheep heads,etc...it would also give the merfolk some time to deal with the serpent...why check with the merfoolk again? Whats the point? Haven't they always just reasserted what they said before and sent you back? At least thats what I think...
uhh no it wouldnt
\eventually your men would be slaughteres the bullroarers are stil, top strong on their own terratory you'd get killed loose the suplies an extra sheepheads and lower moral because of the deaths.
if ever you were to attempt such a thing do it with an easy escape route
like a very rough river that taes you to the sea that the bullroares couldnt posisbly blockade
Mother Goose

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject:  

Lalomea must know about Leviathan, and also probably knows her father's real attitude toward Lodevar and the sheepheads. She may know something about the mistfolk, too. If Lodevar has her confidence, he could learn much that he needs to know in just a short time spent with her. It's not necessary to hurry the wedding; the war can't wait for festivities like that, but I think he should talk to her and he will be in a better position to decide what to do next.
D-Lotus

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject:  

exactly, we can do that saxon. They will be very suprised, and then we move out fast, a lightning hit! Maybe this shouldn't be a priority, now that I think, but it should be eventually done... because we never really do anything to take our land back...Anyway, it could be easy to take. If one sheephead slave escapes his master in the city for a while, he can open the gate from inside for us.
D-Lotus

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject:  

What's up with the annoying commercials at the bottom of the screen, Keavney????
Key

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: ads  

D-Lotus wrote: What's up with the annoying commercials at the bottom of the screen, Keavney????

Just trying out some advertising. Is it really that bothersome?
Smee

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject:  

If you mean the banner at the bottom of the page, then it's ok to me.

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject:  

Hey keavney, what happens if there is a tie on the vote. say in this case as two choices are in the lead and tied with 3 votes??? Just thought I would ask.
Conor-Maccloed

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject:  

DOH! Forgot to log in. That guest was me.
Key

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: poll tie  

Anonymous wrote: Hey keavney, what happens if there is a tie on the vote. say in this case as two choices are in the lead and tied with 3 votes??? Just thought I would ask.

Good question. In this case, I think it's possible to do a combination of the two choices. In general, maybe that's the only case when the author would vote.
Mordok

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject:  

How do you see the results of the poll if you don't vote? In my forum it just shows the poll questions and not the results until I do vote.
Key

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject:  

Mordok wrote: How do you see the results of the poll if you don't vote? In my forum it just shows the poll questions and not the results until I do vote.

There should be a link underneath the vote button for view results.
D-Lotus

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject:  

Well, you said that you are going to put all the things in the poll into the story eventually, so at least I'm happy we are taking a city, the 2nd step to victory...
bherman

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject:  

Fantasic story. Sorry I stayed away so long.

I plan to talk with my fiance. She needs to know that I have her best interest at heart. I will ask her for information about the serpent and her people. Who summond the serpent the last time?
Conor-Maccloed

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject:  

Welcome back bherman. We don't know who summoned the thing last time. Just that it was someone powerful. Hoping it isn't the emporer because that would be bad for our cause.
Key

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Voting completed  

Thanks to everyone who voted. The winning vote was to spend more time with Lalomea.

Chapter 9: The Ink of the Octopus is posted based on this choice. Click View Next Chapter to see chapter 9.

Storygames Home -> The Wheel - The Ram
Page 1 of 1