Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

FANTASY IFY's - Best Description / Detail - Vote Now
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> The IFY 2006 Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smee

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: FANTASY IFY's - Best Description / Detail - Vote Now  

Okay. The nomination stage of the IFYs is over. Thanks to all who expressed an opinion, we've got some great chances this time around :D

Now it's time to vote, and you have three days, before the other half of the voting begins. The category up for consideration here is:

Best Description/Detail : Have you read a storygame and become totally immersed in its imagery and detail? Then it deserves your vote for the Best Description/Detail Ify.

Get Voting! :cool:
LordoftheNight

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject:  

Uncertain Quests takes my vote for sheer detail, which is apparent to anyone who has read the story.
Shady Stoat

Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject:  

Uncertain Quests does it for me too. Very well detailed in both characters, events and world. How it hasn't won SGotM already beats me :shock:
Solomon Birch

Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject:  

After reading through the entire story (yesterday), I have to agree with the others. Dragon's wonderful port city is brought to life more vividly than any other setting I can think of in the whole of IF. The sights, sounds, smells and characters are all brought to life with stunning realism, and I feel as though I am there among the bustling peoples with the smell of sea salt and dying mages all around. ;)
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject:  

I favor Garden. Haven't made my way completely through UQ as yet, although it's a worthy contender as well. However, I do enjoy the wonderful descriptions in Chinny's work.
Alegria

Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject:  

I'm voting for Garden. Go China! :D
Ravenwing

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject:  

Had to go for DF's Uncertain Quests. With all the description and detail, it has certainly kept me riveted. :D
Smee

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject:  

This poll is now closed...

Congratulations to Uncertain Quests who will go forward to represent Fantasy for Best Description/Detail in the City IFY's next week.

Thanks to everyone that voted.

:D

Storygames Home -> The IFY 2006 Archive
Page 1 of 1