Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Guesses for the outcome (Gala)
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Sojourner's Journey - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alegria

Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Guesses for the outcome (Gala)  

This is for predictions of the rather exciting ending of SJ. If you guess right, you get 25 fables (after the chapter is up, of course, and after you posted at least once to let me know you read it, so I won't spoil it for you).
dinranwen

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject:  

My guess would be that the story might end something like this:

'Love Heal Wait.' That is what the enscription said on the fountain. 'The sojurner, high priest, and a human shall find the crystal.' That was the prophecy. The riddle had simply been a set of directions leading each to the cyrstal's locations.

For whatever reason, though there was more than one passage each had led them to the same place. It had led them to a court yard with only a single tree in the center. Now there was only the three of them, Oran (sp?), Zantos, and Allysa. They were about to discover that there was more to the Riddle's, the prophecy, and the Rinosain commison than there appeared to be.

Frustrated, the three stared at the tree. Why had the riddle led them here? Looking around there were no exits except the way they had come. Could it be that the riddle had mislead them?

As they stared at the tree, the city gave a great shake. Screams echoed above and around them as each of them clung onto each other for dear life. This time the quake lasted twice as long as usual.

With surprising causualness, Oran (sp?) said, "The city is falling. We have failed. The next quake will surely be the last." Looking at Allysa deeply, Oran (sp?) realized that his feelings for this one human had grown quite stong over the brief time he had known here.

"Yet," he continued, "I am glad that I am with you, Allysa, here at the end."

Proclaiming his feelings, he proposed to marry her then and there.

Allysa, who had also fallen into love with Oran (sp?) as quickly as he had her, said yes replying simply "After all, what is there to lose? We will die, I suspose, but at least we will die happy."

Asking Zantos to be their priest, Oran and Allysa were married clasping hands under the tree, "Just like the fountain," they had said.

As their hands clasped, their lips vowed entirnal love to each other, and when their lips joined in their first kiss it seemed to them that the tree seemed to shudder.

Touching the tree to stablize themselves, they indeed formed the perfect picture of the fountain. As if this was a sign, a shining object was raised from the tree's uppermost branches. It was the Crystal.

~ ~ ~
The city of Atlantis, as some call it, lives on, but Rinosains are no longer there. This was because when Oran (sp?), Zantos, and Allysa found the Crystal they had also found a map of the orginal Rinosain home. Able to use this and some other clues, the Rinosain were finally able to find their true home.

Although the title of Sojurner is mainly traditional now rather than practical Oran (sp?) bears it still. Allysa is happily married to one she truly loves, and having discovered her true inheritage she can never be more happy. She will bare her first child in 5 months.

Zantos is still the high priest. Jealously could find no seat in him however, for he is happy in his friend's happiness. Besides the joy of their people was reward enough for any.

But then again...it's just a guess.

Storygames Home -> Sojourner's Journey - COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1