Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Questions for Chia
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Election Oct 06
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiacutie

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Questions for Chia  

Hey, if you have any questions or want to know something about me or anything just put it here.

FAQ!

Q: You are young enough to be in school, so isnt that going to get in the way?

A: Nope! I work hard. I get most homework done at school (Not all, but most. Hey! I have some honors classes, it's hard.) And what isn't done in school is done by three. Anyways, most IFians who aren't in school have jobs, so they would be just as busy!

Q: You have never been a mod. Why should I trust you?

A: Okay, mods aren't the only trustworthy people. I don't think there has been ANY reason not to trust me, in fact, I think that since I know alot of you quite well that you should know that I wouldn't do anything to mess IF up.

Q: Do you REALLY think you can beat Chinaren?

A: You know, Im pretty sure he'll beat me. But I hink it's worth a shot. So no. But... Im usually wrong so maybe I could ;)

Q: Why do you think you would be a good choice for mayor?

A:Because I work hard. I'm going to be honest with you, really. Im not just saying that. Because I work best under pressure. Because I listen. Because Im trustworthy. What more do you need?

OTHER QUESTIONS-

Alegria,Q: What do you think of The IFian Party for a New Horizon's veiws and ideas?

A: I agree with some, but others not so much. If you check the forum, then you know whats going on with me ;) and all those things. I like most of them. But a few just don't seem necessary to me. (good question ;) )
this will be updated later.
LordoftheNight

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject:  

I've got a question for you. Why do you think you are the right choice for mayor?
chiacutie

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject:  

Thats a good one Ill post that in the FAQ cuz people have been asking me I just forgot about alot of them...
Alegria

Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject:  

What do you think of The IFian Party for a New Horizon's veiws and ideas?
chiacutie

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject:  

ill put that in a seperate place in the thing for OTHER QUESTIONS (I dont think too many people have asked that particular question ;) )
LordoftheNight

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject:  

What I meant Chia, is reasons why you inparticular are suitable. Saying you work well under pressure is one thing, but do you have any experience running a site?

Any experience as a mod/admin on other sites? Experience dealing with problems between people?
chiacutie

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject:  

Well, for one I was a peer mediator for the first 4 years of elem. school. Then I was a junior counselor for the 4-6th grade. So I dealt with a lot of problems and things. I also had a lot of responsibilities for that job.

A peer mediator is a person who had to resolve peoples problems. We had to listen un-(cant think of the words)prejudicedly (thats not it... without bias i guess) and make peoples problems with each other go away.

Thats just some I could go dig some more up but I cant right now... ;) Ill do it later tonight after dinner.
D-Lotus

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject:  

Quote: Im usually wrong

Why should I give you my vote if you're usually wrong?

And what will you do if your parents ground you for something you did, and take away the computer?
dinranwen

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject:  

Here's a few questions:

Is there something, if anything, that you would radically change about the City of If, other than the things you have already mentioned?

There's some problem with inflations right now. How do you plan on dealing with this issue?

I have been in the market place trying to figure out how to spend my well earned fables, but other than Argo (who isn't available for commisions right now), there are no 'serious' buisness that I feel are worth by hard earned fables. As mayor, would you encourage more 'serious' buisness, or do anything to help with the lack of good buisness in the market place?

A lot of Ifer's have a different interest other than writing, or they feel they can't write well. These interest might include let's say, Drawing, Music, Dancing, Art in General, Traditional Roleplaying, Reading in the pursiut of editing and enjoyment, Poetry, Song Writing, and I'm sure there are many others. Would you, if elected Mayor, encourage these 'side' interest in any way? If so, how?

You don't seem to have a lot of confidence in yourself, if that's true, why should I trust you as mayor?

There is a problem with age and lack of experience, but youth can be a good thing. Explain one way that you could use your youth to your advantage.
chiacutie

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject:  

Youth to my advantage? Well I probably won't die any time soon. I really dont think this should involve age at all. Against me or to my advantage. So Im afraid I cant give oyu a reason as to why my age could be advantagous.

As per the side talants-I feel the same way. I would bring up a new forum (not just in the open forum it makes it look random and useless there)(of course with key's permission ;) ) for the side talents.

As you know, I recently started Chia Inc. After I raise my two hundred fables to start a group, I plan to start an empire of it! I will have all sorts of things. Mostly it will be you can pm me and Ill have a list of people who paid a small entrance fee (like 10 fables or something so I could keep the awards part going. Thats the main thing of that) and I think can help you out with it. (thats for dins other question)

You say I dont have confidence in my self? Im just being realistic. Im confident that Ill try my hardest. It just wears you down every now and then when PM after PM says "No, sorry, im voting for chinaren" you know?

D-lotus-
I really couldnt think of anything to say. It was just a joke-I thought you could geuess that by the wink ;) .

If my parents take my computer away its no more than for a week usually. Before it was just my mo being mean but shes not going to do that again. Cuz I really bugged her about it. And you can live without me for a week at the most right? I mean, come on.
JezSharp

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject:  

Echoing din's point Chia, what do you intend to do about inflation on the site...would you be looking to end the era of fabledon? This is one issue that has cropped up a lot recently and is probably one of the key issues within this election - so far no-one has convinced me that they have a coherent and sensible strategy to deal with the problem.

I think you've put up quite a good case so far Chia... but do you think you have the necessary IT skills to be Mayor of the site?

[Edit]

Ok the current issue with fables appears to be in finding more ways for Ifians to spend them (along with somehow tackling inflation) , do you have any plans on how to achive this. (Actually I'm still not convinced about fables (as can be seen from my posts on China's FAQ but I now think that issue should be sorted out by a public vote after the election).

I'm also interested in what plans you (and the other candidates) have regarding the community feel within IF as that is the other main attracting factor (and arguably the main) and so should also be a key factor in the choice of Mayor. Unlike with fables though I have no real ideas on how to improve the site in this respect so will listen with interest to what you propose :) .
chiacutie

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject:  

Maybe im just tired but I didnt understand the last paragraph there.
As for inflation Im not sure yet. Im getting some blueprints in my head but Im really trying to make sure I can look from every angle here....

Storygames Home -> Election Oct 06
Page 1 of 1