Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Scrapyard: Page 3 - The better part of valor.
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Scrapyard - On hold
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Argonaut

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Scrapyard: Page 3 - The better part of valor.  

Well It's Mel's turn to have a decision point. What will she do to save Marty from the rats? Remember the scrapyard is full of interesting stuff, so even if Mel can't build things she might find something usefull around (feel free to make stuff up.)
Chinaren

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject:  

ROFL!! :laf:

Excellent chapter Argo! Cool drawings and funny!

What to do, what to do...

Tough one, I will think on it...
chiacutie

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject:  

She could figure something out where she could turn them all nice and fuzzy and cute.

JUST DONT RESORT to that damn singing thing which people resort on. You know, where they sing and everyone around them turns good and happy. BS! I hate it when people do that, its old and tired and stale and it reeks of old marmasticky.
Smee

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject:  

Such a pleasure to see a new chapter on this one - every picture is great. :D

She could try singing, turning them all into happy, friendly rats? ;) *grins*

But regardless of winding up Chia, the rats are already under the influence of one sound based stimulus, another one isn't going to correct the situation whilst the device is still on.

I can only assume that crane hook has been drawn for a reason. Hook him out of there, I'm sure our hero will love how this first date has resulted in him hanging from a hook under Mel's control with a horde of rats beneath him. :lol:

Happy Writing :D
Jack_D.Mented

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject:  

Well, she could always make use of this wonderful device that I call... the sledgehammer...
Chinaren

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject:  

Perhaps he could throw the 'attractor' to Mel, who could get to a more secure position whilst he works on a cat attractor. :grin:
Kalanna Rai

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject:  

Hum I wonder, did you draw a giant cookie at the beginning for a reason...if so put the giant cookie on the crane and lower it down to the rats. Then pull Marty up on the same stroke, leaving the device behind.
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject:  

How do people notice these things? I never notice them!

I would say she goes apsa-bally-lutely mad, throwing things at the rats and causeing them to get very angry and converge on her. Then Bunny gets ultra-protective and grows gigantic and squishes the rats.
D-Lotus

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject:  

Yes. The bunny should definately stick around. Maybe she could use a crane to lift him out of the valley, and leave the attractor device there.
bless

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: I love ...  

the cookie idea, but I can't find it on the first page. Shame on you Argo for not forseeing the need for a giant cookie, man. =) The crane, however, was a prominent fixture, so here's my suggestion: I say Mel lowers the crane down to Marty in order to haul him out of the crater, but Marty misinterprets her intentions and hangs the attractor on the crane. When she raises it out of the crater, the rats chase after it, scampering up the side of the crater, trampling Marty en route.

Marty's always struck me as the lovable loser type. Despite all his brilliance, he always manages to do at least one really stupid thing (like no off switch on the attractor), and that what makes him so cool to read about. He definitely can't win the girl on page 4, and that's sure where it seems things are headed. At least, if he hangs the attractor on the crane, he'll manage to be both saved and embarassed, and he'll probably look like crap after a million rats use him as a ladder.

Any thoughts?
bless

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: nearly forgot  

Oh, and I suppose once Mel has lifted the attractor out of the crater, she can use the crane to fling it off into the distance (it is a cartoon after all), and the rats will follow ... and so will the bunny, entirely destroying any residual romance that might have survived. =)
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject:  

Please don't double post, Sselb.
Argonaut

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject:  

I figured I should draw some things that might give people ideas, and the crane is pretty obvious isn't it. However I didn't mean for that thing to be a cookie :) just turned out looking that way. Remember, just because you can't see it dosn't mean it's not there, feel free to make stuff up :)

JezSharp: I deleted both your posts, I hope that's what you wanted. please post again :)
Key

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject:  

Great chapter, Argo!

Using the crane is a good idea. Another thought is that maybe there's an old car or truck around and Mel can blast through the rats and have Marty jump on board.
Smee

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject:  

Ooh - hot-wiring driving chick - I like it ;)
Argonaut

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject:  

This is SteamPunk, so there won't be any car hotwireing going on. But that dosn't mean there can't be some steam powered vehicle sitting around. (never mind the time it takes to heat up the boiler, this is a cartoon) :)
Muaddib

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject:  

Loving this....I just saw Texas chainsaw massacre:beginnings, so I'd say, she should get a chainsaw and rip through those bunnies.
chiacutie

Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject:  

i lloked but saw no cookie. I DID, however, see a shopping cart.

Any ideas?
saxon215

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject:  

i'll go with chia on this, roll the trolly down to marty and have him put the attractor in it then push it off a cliff
either that or the crane
you know i thought that was an orriginal idea until EVERYONE mentioned it
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject:  

Where's the chopping cart?

Oh, and the cookie is in the picture where Mel's saying "Why would he run off with the device?"
saxon215

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject:  

OH i DID see that, i wasent like is that a cookie? nah, couldnt be, no-one would draw a cookie
Argonaut

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject:  

ok the poll is up, sorry it's so narrow but I just couldn't figure out a way for that shopping cart idea to work :(

Vote for whatever you think will be funniest :)
Chinaren

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject:  

Whilst the crane has possibilities, I want to see what sort of steam contraption you can come up with, so voted thusly. :laf:
saxon215

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject:  

i think picking up both has the greatest chance for commic relief
Geek_girl72

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject:  

Voted for hooking marty. I can't believe I missed this going up. Great drawing's argo!
DELETED

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject:  

DELETED
Argonaut

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject:  

alright I guess it's time I closed this poll and got to work... so much to do...

Storygames Home -> Scrapyard - On hold
Page 1 of 1