Free online storygaming

Chapter 3: Kostenton City
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Elvendor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JezSharp

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject:  

Kostenton City

Elvendor paused for some considerable time before making the decision. His thoughts torn between going to the capital, or seeking adventure among the docks of Port Kranthos. Finally after much deliberation he made up his mind saying,

“Let’s go on to Kostenton City,” his words mingling with the misty condensation of his breath.

“All right!” said Alex, who had started to wonder if Elvendor was still thinking about the choice, or had instead drifted into an elfin trance. “Why did you choose Kostenton?”

“Well firstly because you’ve been there before, so hopefully we won’t get lost,” he answered, swinging his bag lightly across his shoulders. “Also we should hopefully gain more information about the land around here - and in addition I get to see the human capital.”

With that, both passed round the edge of the field and back onto the track, heading West. Their heads were kept bent down to stop the morning sun from burning their eyes. As they travelled, Alex did most of the talking, describing the human harvests and various celebrations held each year. He also pointed out the locations of various solitary farms, which often lay hidden behind fields of corn or clumps of trees in the distance; the only evidence of their existence being the small dry tracks that wound and snaked away from the main path. They passed over several small rivers, flowing from the Rusheldon Hills down North to the sea, on the way, with iron boards providing solid bridging points over them.

Just before mid-day they passed through the linear settlement of Taloth, where all the buildings ran along the left hand side of the path. Fenced off fields lay to the right, where crops basked in the summer sunshine. Here they stopped at another inn, similar to the last, for food and drink. The locals in the pub eyed Elvendor warily, but as he was in the presence of a human, there was no outright hostility bar the odd insulting remark muttered behind his back. It was as they sat eating at the wooden table in the oak panelled room, with giant black tarred beams across the roof, that Elvendor suddenly saw beyond the objects to where they had come from. His head became dizzy and his stomach started to churn, with a strangled cry he left his food half eaten and dashed from the pub, Alex following a few seconds later. Outside Alex found Elvendor sitting on the smooth slabs that paved the main (and only) street of Taloth, trying not to look at the buildings or the wooden fence that ran along the right side of the village.

“What’s wrong Elven?” he queried cautiously, as he approached and sat down by his new friend, painfully aware of the burning glances they were getting from the pub. Elvendor didn’t respond at first, but after a few minutes he pulled himself together enough to raise his head and look at Alex.

“It’s just that I suddenly realised that so much of these places have been made from trees,” he said sadly, “its like you seeing…someone wearing a coat of rabbit skins when you own a pet rabbit - it just suddenly made me feel sick.” Alex slowly digested this information, silly, he thought, I’ve always been brought up knowing that elves love trees, yet I never made the connection with how much wooden furnishings would hurt them.

“Ok,” he said understandingly, “ I’ll go back and get the rest of the lunch, then we can start moving on. Most of the houses from here on are newer stone houses, bar a handful in the centre of Kostenton.”

Elvendor smiled gratefully as Alex emerged from the now rather quiet pub, where most of the men were still trying to work out what had so upset the elf. As the two of them walked along, it was Alex who noticed something odd.

“If the sight of dead wood disturbs you so much, how come you carry a wooden bow?” he asked.

“Oh…that’s different, we elves know how to cut a tree without really hurting it, like shearing a sherpa (similar to a sheep, but an ash gray color) for example. You humans have hacked great chunks out of those trees to make those beams and…” Elvendor broke off to ensure that he didn’t break down again by thinking in detail about what he‘d seen. Alex took this in and quickly moved Elvendor’s mind to different quarters, telling him amusing stories and tales and speculating on what sort of adventure might lie ahead.

The road that they travelled down continued as a smooth paved rock surface from Taloth to Kostenton. It wasn’t long in fact before the walled city itself came into view on the horizon. A triangular white roof of a large marble building dominated the city skyline from afar. As the impressive, stone gray, wave crested walls steadily rose into view, Alex began to describe to Elvendor some of the features of the city.

“…The city was founded, so it’s rumored, by Sergio Kostenton, little over a thousand years ago. He founded it on the banks of the Kostenton River that flows down the middle of the city. Initially it was only a few buildings like the ones in Timburton, but the trade along the river with Port Kranthos and the fertile farmland surrounding the river caused the city to flourish. Near the centre the streets are cobbled and narrow, twisting amongst the crooked older housing. Further out, stone slab roads and colder, grey rectangular buildings make up straighter the more negotiable richer suburbs of the city.”

“What is the large white building?” Elvendor asked, still captivated by its sense of grandeur.

“That is the Mayor's house,” replied Alex, “he had the marble shipped across from Aeronias, the centaur capital - which is made entirely from the stuff apparently! The Mayor himself is incredibly rich, charging tolls into the city and collecting a nice profit on trade tax too. He rarely appears in public, so I‘m told, just once a year to deliver the Lord Mayors Speech. Even then he‘s so dressed up it‘s hard to see what he looks like.”

They continued to talk as they drew close to the Eastern entrance of the city. Approaching the grey wall with the arching entrance, that was barred by an iron grid gate, they came upon a small wooden booth where an old man sat. He was chewing a filthy brown lump of Sourweed (similar to a lump of tobacco - only more sour as its name suggests) and idly swatting flies from his clothes. The booth itself looked as old as the man, dry planks had been crookedly nailed together, to form little more than a small garden shed with a window that overlooked the path. Elvendor patiently stood to the side, a few metres from the booth. This was partly because he didn’t know what to say and partly because he was finding it hard not to look at the shack without feeling nauseous again.

“Two travellers' to pass into Kostenton,” said Alex, in a brisk business like tone, laying down two Goldents that Elvendor had handed to him. The man in the booth stared blankly at him for a few seconds, before almost automatically reaching out a bony hand and scooping the coins inside the booth. Eyeing the two figures before him, the sharp eyes picked out Elvendor’s bow, but aside from that no other weapons. Shrugging his shoulders ever so slightly, he reached up and rang a small bell within the hut. The tinkling sound rang out clearly across the distant bustle and noise within the city, as he stretched back and yawned slightly. Then as the gate began to slowly rise, he spat out his Sourweed, asking in a bored tone,

“So what brings an elf this far West of his homeland?” Elvendor started at the unexpected question,

“Oh we’re just exploring the land,” he replied defensively, in English, “we have no set quest as such.”

Should I have added that last bit on? He thought nervously, it did sound a little forceful...Oh great, I spoke in English too - that might have alerted him. He glanced again at the dirty, smelly old man, whose wispy grey hair curled in the breeze and who had now seemingly lost his interest in the travellers’, idly swatting away flies instead. Elvendor finally convinced himself that the old man probably wouldn’t have taken any real notice of them anyway. As they waited for the gate to reach its final resting place Alex asked the old man,

“Do you know of a good place to stay the night?” There was a long pause as the old man once again spat out his Sourweed and pondered the question.

“Well if you’re looking for somewhere quiet, I’d try The Murkey Waters down by the riverside,” came the hoarse reply.

“Thank you,” replied Alex, as he turned to face the almost open iron gate.

With a final clunk the gate slid into the upper slots that held it high above the ground, allowing Alex and Elvendor to pass through. Once they were well into the city, the gate slowly closed behind them. Jehosa’s shrewd eyes watched them depart from sight. Slowly he reached up and rung the tinkling bell three times, summoning a messenger to his hut.

They’d spent most of the afternoon exploring the town. First moving past the dull rectangular stone houses on the outskirts of the city, then moving inwards past glowing red bricked houses ( built from rocks mined from the red cliffs in the East) and finally into the narrow, smelly, inner part of the city. Here narrow cobbled streets were lined with running sewer outlets, that spilled into the murky waters of the Kostenton river. Towering over the whole of this area stood the imposing Town Hall, a building that seemed to be watching their every move.

Elvendor had, by now at least, adjusted to the sight of dead wood - in as much as he could walk on it without the danger of throwing up. Clearly though the sight of it still disgusted him. It was all he could do not to go against his elfish training on suppressing his emotions, and instead jump up and down in anger - decrying the brutality of what he saw. It didn’t help that The Murky Water was a tree graveyard in its own right. It was however quietly tucked away amongst the larger shops and houses on the waterfront, and the landlord was welcoming, so Elvendor reluctantly agreed to sleep there. Beisdes, he strongly suspected that the majority of Inns in the town had equal amounts of slain trees adorning their innards.

It was as they were tucking into an early tea at the inn, that they were really interrupted for the first time during their stay within the city. Up until then they had received the odd glance, but no more. Probably helped by the fact that the people within the city were far more used to seeing centaurs, dwarves and elves than almost any other human settlement (with the exception of Port Kranthos). Indeed all the important elves, dwarves and centaurs met within the Town Hall to decide upon trade deals and diplomacy once every year, so the sight of an elf wasn't a particularaly strange one for most of the people.

“We should probably explore the shops tomorrow,” Alex said, ignoring the young lad who had just entered into the bottom floor of the small tavern, “and then visit some of the pubs for some local gossip, which isn’t always entirely accurate but can be useful…” His eyes narrowed slightly as he observed the hazel eyes of the young man that were fixed in their direction. Like a drag racer who sees the lights about to go green, the youth took a deep breath to calm his nerves, before slowly approaching them.

“Are…I mean did you two enter via the East Gate earlier today?” he stammered nervously in an almost falsetto like voice.

“Yes,” replied Alex guardedly, “why?”

“Oh…because the Mayor himself would like to speak with you personally. He sent me to tell you to come over sometime this evening, if that’s convenient Sir.” Elvendor had taken little interest in the conversation up to now, now however he turned his head to observe the Mayor’s messenger. He was disappointed to find that the scruffy brown haired boy was similar to most of the kids he had so far seen, tattered clothes and grimy skin with soggy sandals. Clearly the Mayor wasn’t above hiring common street kids to pass on his messages. Alex looked across at Elvendor, seeking affirmation and getting it.

“Fine, we’ll be there as soon as we’ve finished our lunch here,” Alex replied with a smile. The boy gave a half bow before backing out onto the street.

A little while later Elvendor and Alex trooped over the picturesque, arched iron bridge that spanned the far less pleasant river.

Green iron railings protected the sides of the cobbled bridge and
under the bridge, a maze of iron girders added extra strength. Tall black iron lampposts stoutly sprouted up at each of the bridge’s corners, although it was still too light for them to be lit. Directly opposite the exit of the bridge, on the Western side of the city, stood the imposing Town Hall. An expansive flight of marble stairs, glowing golden in the evening light, rose up to a flat porch like area. The marble lintel that stood many metres above the porch was supported, in part, by two smooth, plant wrapped columns that rose gracefully up above the heads of Alex and Elvendor. The lintel itself had various patterned engravings upon it, with the emblem of a crested eagle at the centre. Two large windows stood either side of the central doors, heavy red curtains protecting the inside from prying eyes. Neither of them spoke as they approached the grandly polished wooden doors, awed by the grandeur that stood before them.

Alex eventually walked up to the right door, raising the eagle headed golden knocker up, then bringing it swiftly down upon the door - the knock echoing deep into the building. Within a minute the sound of the door being unbolted could be heard, then the left hand door slowly eased open and a pale hand beckoned them inside.

Stepping in, they looked around in some wonder; at the expensive rugs upon the bare, green marble floor, the exquisite gold furnishings that surrounded them and the giant glass chandelier that hung from the vastly high ceiling. Plant pots littered the corners, with luscious ferns sweeping out into the room. Polished wood furnishings inlaid with gold were spaciously placed within the main reception hall. Upon the white marble walls hung oil paintings of the city and the solemn faces of past mayor’s.

The pale hand that had beckoned them in belonged to a shy looking, but nonetheless attractive young lady, who was wearing a fairly clean, plain, blue and white striped cotton uniform. Her light brown hair was pinned up into a bun and her light blue eyes seemed to sparkle and dance as she spoke,

“Shall I take your bags and coats from you and hang them up?” She asked with a lilting voice. Both Alex and Elvendor hadn’t risked leaving their bags unattended within the dirty, grubby Inn. It seemed safe enough however to leave them here within the safety of the marble walls. Both handed their stuff to the maid, who vanished through a wooden door in the far right of the room. She returned minutes later saying, “Mayor Constantine will now see you,” opening wide the big double doors at the far end of the room and ushering them through to the Mayor’s office. Slowly the doors closed behind them, as they got their first look at the man who was officially running Kostenton, whilst also unofficially ruling all the other human towns as well.

The Mayor sat behind a large wooden desk, seated on a plush red leather chair with a soft red carpet running across the room. Various yellowing papers lay strewn across his desk and pot plants once again littered the room. It was the Mayor himself though, who commanded the most attention. Short black hair covered the top of a fairly large egg shaped head. A thick bristling moustache shaded his mouth and intelligent green eyes shone from behind a chisel shaped nose. Clearly a Mayor’s lifestyle had had an affect on his figure however, although one wouldn’t describe him as huge, he was a little on the plump side - his rounded form comfortably filling the chair.

“Won’t you sit down?” he said pleasantly, pointing to two more leather seats positioned before him, diffusing some of the tension in the air. Elvendor and Alex relaxed slightly, at least they were not in any apparent trouble…although Elvendor now had a growing, sinking feeling that the Mayor was going to try to discover what quest they were on. “A drink of wine?” suggested Constantine, pulling from within his desk a glass decanter and beautifully decorated drinking glasses. Both accepted the offer, wine was a rare and expensive commodity indeed and besides to refuse it would seem fairly rude. Whilst they were drinking, the Mayor made small talk, chatting of the city and its sights, asking them what they made of it. He’s trying to lull me into a false sense of security, Elvendor thought, as he calmly tried to erect a barrier around his thoughts on the Jade to ensure that his tongue, already loosened by the heady wine, did not give away his secret.

“So perhaps you could tell me how you both came to be here?” asked the Mayor pleasantly. “I’m always interested in a person’s tale...particularly in those of traveller’s from afar. In return I’ll allow you to ask a question of your own about the land around here - full information, unlike the patchy gossip you might hear in the suburbs or pubs.” Seeing no reason not to relate their tales so far, Elvendor started; telling of his home, his desire for adventure and his journey up to when he had met Alex - only leaving out the part to do with the Jade and the discovery of the communication device. Alex continued their tale up to when they had reached Kostenton. The Mayor listened with great interest, paying close attention to their tales and only asking the occasional innocuous question. When Alex had finished, Constantine sat back and poured himself another glass of wine. Elvendor and Alex refused a second glass, lest they should get lost on the way back. “Very well,” said the Mayor, who was still smiling as he downed his second glass - “What is it that you wish me to tell you of? Do you wish to hear about the Rusheldon Hills, Port Kranthos, The Isle of Rabbendon that lies just off Kranthos, the Dwarven settlement perhaps? Or maybe the land of the centaurs…or perhaps you have something else in mind that you wish to ask?"

You can jump to Chapter 4: A Secret Shattered here.
Smee

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject:  

Hey Jez,

I've just caught up. Good to see the journey has started and quickly become interesting. Nice :)

Quote: “Oh we’re just exploring the land” he replied defensively, in English, “we have no set quest as such.”

Should I have added that last bit on? he thought nervously, it did sound a little forceful...Oh great, I spoke in English too - that might have alerted him

You used 'Humanish' in the other chapters - did you mean 'English' here?

I'm not sure what to ask about just now. I'll be back.

Happy Writing :)
JezSharp

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject:  

That was a good spot Smee :) I wondered whether to use English earlier, but wasn't sure if it would fit into my overall storyline - however after further thought it would and it sounds a lot better than Humanish.

I'll go back now and change the couple of references to Humanish with English.
solus.serpen

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject:  

good story - i like your decision points :).
i would try and error spot but i did more than my fair share before you posted.
not sure what he should do, i'll think and come back later.
Chinaren

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject:  

Quote: With a final clunk the gate slid into the upper slots, that held it high above the ground, allowing Alex and Elvendor to pass through. Once they were well into the city, the gate slowly closed behind them, Jehosa’s shrewd eyes watching them depart. Well,well, he mused, that elf may well be hiding something important, then again he might not - but it’s worth passing on the information anyhow. The fact he speaks our language is enough to at least pass on an alert. Jehosa had not become one of the main gatekeepers for nothing - a sharp eye and unbending loyalty to the Mayor had ensured that, despite his age, he was still one of the key guards of the city. Slowly he reached up and rung the tinkling bell three times - summoning a messenger to his hut.

I dunno about this paragraph. Perhaps something more subtle would have been more suitable:

The old guard watched as they passed through the gate and out of sight. Only then did he reach up and ring the bell again, three times, to summon a messenger...

It's not a biggy though.

Quote: Various yellowing papers lay strewn across his desk and various plants once again littered the room. It was the Mayor himself though, who commanded the most attention. Short black hair covered the top of a fairly large egg shaped head. A thick bristling moustache shaded his mouth and intelligent green eyes shone from behind a chisel shaped nose. Clearly a Mayor’s lifestyle had had an affect on his figure however, although one wouldn’t describe him as huge, he was a little on the plump side - his rounded figure comfortably

A few reps there. Perhaps lose a 'various' and possibly: 'form' for the second 'figure'.

I was going to mention the use of 'English' too, but Smee beat me to it. There is still one left tho. You also used 'Victorian' for a description somewhere, which seemed a bit out of place.

Anyhoo, I don't see the harm in saying you are looking for a quest. Perhaps ask him if he could suggest something? 2 birds/1 stone.

Nice chapter Jez, enjoyed.
:D
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject:  

I would say that you're interested in the other races, as in the forest you don't see them much, and so any information about the lands of the Centaurs and the dwarven settlement, or maybe even Port Kranthanos.
JezSharp

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject:  

Ok, I've edited most of the stuff China suggested...althougth still one what left?...a ref to humanish...? If it was a ref before he activated the device then it should be referred to as humanish as Elvendor would only have realised that human talk was English when he switched it on - anyway wasn't quite sure what that meant. :?

Thanks for all the feedback :) , I'll try and have the poll up and running around 10 am GMT.
Chinaren

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject:  

This one:

Quote: “Oh we’re just exploring the land” he replied defensively, in English, “we have no set quest as such.”
JezSharp

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject:  

Ahhh, right well I'm changing the Humanish references to English rather than visa versa now so that's fine :) .
Morzan

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject:  

I like it Jez. Good description, detail and plenty of dialogue.

But something is picking at me. Why would Elven's father give him something that was useless and said he should destroy...Im sure you have something planned but still. I think his father is just getting back him for leaving. Messing with his head. :?

Anyway, I think he should ask about a job or something. Earn some coin and all that.
JezSharp

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject:  

Thanks for the comments Morzan :) .

Ummm...His father gave him a communication device (which is quite useful) and a note. On the note he wrote some advice about 'The Jade' then asked Elvendor to destroy the note lest anyone else should read it and start searching for 'The Jade'.

Here is what was written on the note his father gave him:

Quote: Dear Son,

By now you should be well on your way, you will probably have discovered the strange device that I slipped into your pocket before you left. I have two pieces of advice for you, that I wished you should now know.

Firstly, the device you have been given carries a gift more precious than gold, the gift of language. I recommend that you place it within your ear and activate it, if you have not already done so.

Secondly, when you find The Jade, as you surely will, then do not let what hides within it out, at all costs. You must not tell anyone else about The Jade and make no mention that any such thing exists – in fact once you have read this note, I strongly suggest you destroy it.

The second point may not make much sense to you now, but it will later on – remember the advice I have given you when that time comes.

Your loving father,

Endron

Hope that clears it up :) .
Morzan

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject:  

Well I feel like an idiot for missing that. But yes it does clear it up, thanks.

I still say look for some kind of work.
solus.serpen

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject:  

ok, said i'd get back about the Poll, so here i am. I don't have any new ideas, but i think he should ask about the Rusheldon hills as there have been mysterious sightings and the men who reported the sightings might well have come from Kostenton. Even if they don't plan to go there from Kostenton, this might be the only chance they have to find out about them, and if they find themselves there, it would be a good idea to know about them.
From Kostenton they can either go to rusheldon hills, dwarves or port kranthos. Although this isn't the poll, i think they should go to the port next, as its most interesting, and i'd like to know where the ships go.
:shock: wow, i think i'm writing more about this sg than my own!
well done jez, ;)

solus.
JezSharp

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject:  

The poll is now open for voting :) .

Once again thanks to all those who have been following the sg so far :cheers: .

I thought I'd post a few pointers to start off the discussion on what to go for:

- The Mayor is likely to give detailed advice on events that have happened in the region over the last few years - based on the accounts of others who have travelled into the city. Therefore he is likely to be more up to date with events occuring closer to Kostenton City (although this doesn't mean that he won't still have advice that could prove beneficial to the two travellers from places further away - especially as he does meet with the dwarven and centaur leaders once a year).

- It will be much harder for the two to gain accurate advice about places such as the Rusheldon Hills, which is fairly deserted, compared to a centaur town where they can ask about what is going on without as much potential danger or hostility.

-If they choose to ask about quests that they could go on then the Mayor may well pick quests that are only beneficial to him and try to tie them both down to completing a task that they'd really rather not do before returning to the Mayor for a paltry reward...(although they could always reject or break off from completing any suggested quest if they didn't like it). Alternatively he may suggest a really exciting quest with a huge reward at the end...who knows? (well me :) )

- I've thrown in a couple of extra options...'The Jade' and the two elfin traveller's (that Elvendor thinks may have been his parents) who were seen passing West through Timburton a little over twenty years ago. Obviously both topics are of interest to Elvendor but the Mayor may not know too much about them and whether choosing to ask about these things now is wise is another matter entirely.

Anyway that's enough thoughts from me ;) .

Happy voting :cool:

P.S: The poll will probably run for about 4 days.
JezSharp

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject:  

Ok I made a complete mess of the poll :oops: and accidently set it up fo only 2 days so I've re - opened it. I'm adding the two votes that had already been registered before the poll closed itself onto this one which were from China and Shady for:
Port Kranthos and
A quest/task

Sorry for the confusion, I'll try to keep this poll open for another two - three days.
solus.serpen

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject:  

ok, well now the poll is up again...

I guess I'll have to vote. I wasn't expecting you to add the last one in :? . Going through with the process of elimination...
I'll rule 'the jade' out. Because his father warned him against speaking about it, and his father seems to have been a good help so far.
I don't think I'll go for the centaur capital because it seems a long way, and I don't think they will be going there very soon.
Port Kranthos is a bit pointless (sorry to whoever voted for that one), because its a big sea port. You can find out stuff about it anyway, from almost anyone. :?
Any quests well, um. I know they are going for adventure...but I never was a fan of quests. Why can't they find their own? I think 'the jade' is a bit of an adventure in itself. They don't know what it is, what it does etc. Don't they think they should find all that out first, since it seems to be playing quite a part in the story...well, a little part so far. But it will probably come in more later...Searching for quests is pointless, unless they want to be clased as the usual boring adventurer *shiver*. (oops, sorry ...someone voted for that... :shock: :oops: )
Rusheldon hills...well, I know i was really set on this option...but actually, its slightly pointless now i came to think of it. When they are in the hills, they will either be worrying about coming to face the unknown or coming to face the dark bloodsucking vampbat (or whatever the monsters are), I don't think it makes much difference in that respect, if they are going to have to fight it, they are going to have to fight it...does it make a difference if you know what it is called? Well, I suppose it does if you know how to deal with it, but as they were reported as 'strange sightings' i don't think they will have worked out their weaknesses and how to kill them yet.
now the last two...
I must admit I have been having trouble with these...
Dwarves or Travellers...
hmm,
well the Dwarves is appealing because I want them to go there soon, and knowing more about what is happening would give them a good start on making friends and being accepted with the dwarves. I'm not sure what the elf and human/dwarf relationship is, but they could try and help out with any problems the dwarves are currently having.
With the Travellers, well...I am fairly certain, in fact, almost positive (not entirely sure why) that he knows something about them. If he sent for Elvendor to see him (because it is unusual for an elf to speak english..?) and the device was given to Elvendor by his father...then he probably saw his father for similar reasons. I don't know why it is so important for Elvendor to find out about what his parents did on their travels, or where they went. But If it was my parents, I would like to know what happened...and how my mother died. Also, if he wants to find 'the jade' (or well, its destiny and I'm a great fan of DESTINY...)
I like to speed up the process, so I think he should try and find it...
then he should find out where his father went, because his father obviously had something to do with 'the jade' and if he finds out where his father went, it should, ultimately, lead to 'the jade'.

Ha! Well, I think we all know which one I'm going to go for... ;).

Yep, travelers. Good Poll Jez, I havn't thought about a poll this long since...well, this is the first one I've thought this much about actually! But nevermind, at least I got fables to compensate for sore eyes :D.

solus.
Mother Goose

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject:  

Solus's analysis has convinced me - I'll go for the travellers too.

Nice story, Jez.

Storygames Home -> Elvendor
Page 1 of 1