Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Scrapyard: Help! I'm stuck
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Scrapyard - On hold
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Argonaut

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Scrapyard: Help! I'm stuck  

Sorry, but this isn't page 4. This is me asking everyone for help with what happens next in scrapyard.

In page three Marty was trapped by rats, and the vote was to lift him out with the crane. I'm begining to regret drawing that crane because it dosn't seem to be leading me to any new decision points.

So what I need are suggestions for some kind of new problem that can arise from this last decision point. They don't necesarily need to be crane related. It could have something to do with where the crane puts him down. or something that happens after they get off the crane.

There will be no poll for this, and I may not use any of your ideas, but I need something to get my brain going. Sitting around alone thinking about this is getting me nowhere :)
LordoftheNight

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject:  

Not to be obvious, but the crane could break, forcing him to climb up it?

Or maybe - after escaping the rats - Marty's manager (for example) could appear at the scene, and force him to quickly find excuses.
Kalanna Rai

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject:  

The crane manages to set him down but the rats won't give up so easy?

Maybe Mel gives Marty the scolding of his life, for scaring her, and he has to come up with some way to pacify her?
DELETED

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject:  

DELETED
Chinaren

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject:  

I like the breakdown idea. He could be stuck up the crane, leaving his chick stuck down below with the rats. Meanwhile, it seems the device has attracted flying creature(s) as well. Oh oh!
:shock:
Geek_girl72

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject:  

I think the idea of mel telling marty his scrapyard is dangerous is a good one. He tried to make something for her and summoned an army of evil rats! I think he certainly needs to redeem his prized junk heap.
Chinaren

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:  

Mmm, to add to or replace my previous idea. Maybe a flying beast does come, but takes the device.

Marty is happy, but Mel tells him off, saying that he must recover it. And this begins the quest...
Lebrenth

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject:  

How about the crane is actually the arm of a junk robot, and he's a little upset when someone starts using it?
Argonaut

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject:  

wow some very interesting and random ideas :)

this get's the creative juices flowing... I'm thinking this story needs a villain... someone with personallity, at least something more compellng then a swarm of rats, any ideas?
Lebrenth

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject:  

Argonaut wrote: wow some very interesting and random ideas :)

this get's the creative juices flowing... I'm thinking this story needs a villain... someone with personallity, at least something more compellng then a swarm of rats, any ideas?

A towtruck driver who's stealing from the scrapyard for his own creations.
Chinaren

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject:  

...and a rival for Mel's attentions!

Maybe some rich 'college boy' who is a rival inventor. Of course, he always steals other people's ideas.
DELETED

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject:  

DELETED
Jack_D.Mented

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject:  

Howabout some creepy stinky hobo dude that lives deep in the caverns of junk sees Mel, decides he likes her, and then kidnaps her, running off, whilst Marty is trapped, dangling in midair from the crane helplessly?

All problems solved.
joyfull22

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject:  

hmmm...
for a villain, how about some king of mutant half-rat half person?
after he has been lifted by the crane, mabye the rats are so afraid of the crane that they all flee, leaving the mystery of who is the cranemaster? or mabye the cranemaster takes him away in the crane and puts him down in safety? and then perhaps the cranemaster could turn out to be someone devoted to rescuing the victims of the rats? or some random person who could agree to be a sidekick? either way, they could together fight the villain!
joy :cool:
D-Lotus

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject:  

Maybe the crane picks him out of danger only to accidentally deposits him in an immense scrap-pit/scrap cave, of which he can't get out. He has to use the scrap inside the pit/cave to make a way out.
tramp in a storm

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject:  

lol. I do like the idea of the dude kidnapping her. Or maybe the device can attract more rabits (maybe the familly of the first one at the start) and then there's a massive battle: rats vs rabits with humans stuck inbetween.lol. :D Maybe the rats start spreading the plague!

(I have a thing about the plague....ignor me. lol)
chiacutie

Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject:  

tramp in a storm wrote:
(I have a thing about the plague....ignor me. lol)

I have an obsession with it as welll-youd be surprised how easy it is to wiggle it into a conversation "He so just dissed me!" "Thats cuz you have the plague" "I what?"

:D

Anyways, So the rich idea theif I like, So see Mel falls for the rich guy and an ex gf of the rich guy starts hitting on marty to make rich guy jealous and then... Ah, what a tangled web they weave! No actually that would be a pain.

What about a chick evil person? Who is in love with marty and takes away mel just when they start getting close?
DELETED

Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject:  

DELETED
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject:  

And THEN they acidentally step on a box on idearium , which lets all the suggested villans out, and then they all become carriers of the plague too!
Masterweaver

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Why do we hate rats?  

As a completely random plot twist, one or more rodents start talking about and possibly loobying for quadreped rights, but finnaly get annoyed and slink off, disgusted, except for this one zealot who is completely and totally obsessed with the elemination of the dictator bipeds...

Then a giant chicken wanders onto the scene.

I just love improv!
Geek_girl72

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject:  

Bad guy...hmmm....looking at all the previous suggestions, maybe a type of 'all the above' would work. An evil proffesser from the academy who is stealing mMarty's ideas and hits on Mel. Matbe Mel trys to pull Marty up witht he crane, it gets stuck or something, and this guy shows up, under the pretence of checking up with his former students or something, and casually saves Marty. Thus making himself look good and incuring Mel's gratitude. Marty and him could even have a history of the Proff stealing Marty's ideas, so even though Mel sees nothing wrong with him, Marty knows what he's really like.

hmmm, maybe he's really young for being a proff too, so closer to Marty and Mel in ages. Maybe he's the opposite of a sterotypical scholor, like hates bow ties and drives some cool furturistic motorcycle...

:shock: oops, I've started to ramble.
D-Lotus

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Why do we hate rats?  

Masterweaver wrote: As a completely random plot twist, one or more rodents start talking about and possibly loobying for quadreped rights, but finnaly get annoyed and slink off, disgusted, except for this one zealot who is completely and totally obsessed with the elemination of the dictator bipeds...

Then a giant chicken wanders onto the scene.

I just love improv!

lol. pretty funny. :D
Argonaut

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject:  

thanks everyone for all your ideas. I have the start of something going so I'm gonna lock this topic down and hopefully finish the next page soon. wish me luck.

Storygames Home -> Scrapyard - On hold
Page 1 of 1