Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

A Glass Friendship: Chapter 4
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> A Glass Friendship - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alegria

Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject:  

A Glass Friendship

Chapter IV

For now we see the pain that was to be brought upon a family of three. But three was now two, and the third, they would not see again.

===============================================
Jimmy ran around all of London, searching for his child. He had been running all night, and he was exhausted. He had gone to the police, who had only laughed him off, as if they didn't even care. The only person who would help was Freddy and Silvia, but even they weren't much help at all. Rose was gone, gone forever.

A Year Later

It was a celebration, a time of eating, drinking, and dancing! Everyone was happy, everyone was pleased with themselves. The music was perfect, the decorations were excellent in the Manor, and the wine, oh the wine was excellent. Only the top quality for the Richardson family.

The band moved the music to a stately waltz, a quick foxtrot, and then, the host cut them off.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, it is now time for the main meal. I have a special treat, too. I have hired the renown chef Jacques Fenbratto."

The audience applauded, looking more famished and excited than before.

"Please, make your way into the Dining Hall, where a succulent five-course dinner awaits you," Frederick then walked down the stairs to talk with his guests, Silvia at his side.

The dinner was exquisitely made, with much care and concentration by Fenbratto, so that every person's dish was the same food, but arranged in a different beautiful pattern. Fortunately, the speech was to be after dinner, but before dessert. Everyone ate and chatted quietly, then got comfortable for a speech. Luckily it wouldn't be long, Frederick Richardson never gave long speeches.

Freddy cleared his throat and began, "My friends, I would like to thank you all for coming. This is just a small way to repay you for the kindness you have shown me by supporting my campaign. This is what has helped me acheive victory, and a spot in our wonderful government's Parliment. But, now that my spot in the House of Lords is secure, I assure you, it's not about me. It is about progress and advancement. So that Britian can recover from our losses at the War of 1812, which we are close to doing. Thank you for your support of me and our country."

Applause filled the room.

"And now," continued Freddy, "After desert, we will have more dancing, and then, cocktails and a fireworks presentation."

Which was met with a torrent of applause.

Jimmy and Elizabeth were thouroghly enjoying the evening. They had waltzed together, eaten a sumptuous dinner, and were dancing once more.

Freddy sure was good to let me borrow one of his suits, thought Jimmy, and for Silvia to have one of her dresses tailored to fit Elizabeth.

Elizabeth, he never called her by her pet name anymore, not since that night.

Just then, someone tapped him on the shoulder. It was Freddy.

"Jimmy, I need to talk to you."

"Sure, Freddy," he turned to Elizabeth, "Would you mind waiting here?"

Elizabeth nodded, "Go ahead, dear."

Outside was beautiful, the stars were out, the moon shining, a perfect night.

Freddy pulled himself away from the beauty of the stars and turned to Jimmy, "Jimmy, I have a great deal of responsibility now, and the Prime Minister himself has asked that I go to France for political reasons."

Jimmy jerked to attention, "Freddy, it's unstable over there, you know that."

"I know, that's why I'd like you to go. I'll look after you and you look after me. Please, Jimmy, I'd love to have you come with us."

Descision point

Based on Jimmy's character, will he go to France with Freddy?
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject:  

He will, because he doesn't suspect all the jelousy Freddy harbours. He still thinks they're *snigger* friends.
Alegria

Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject:  

By the way, if this is listed as a favorite for you, I'll PM you when chapters and Polls are up.
Shady Stoat

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject:  

I guess Jimmy would go, based on how he feels about Freddy currently. The party seems to be considered very generous.

However, he might have other aspects affecting his life at the moment. His relationship with his wife seems a little strained, with the pet name disappearing. How would she react to being left alone? It's only been a year since her daughter left? Would she suffer any sort of nervous malady from Jimmy leaving her? With the snapshots you're giving us, Alegria, it's hard to make any informed choices.

The other thing that got hinted at was that Jimmy felt Freddy and Sylvia were unhelpful when he was looking for his baby. What's happened in the time since then? Is that a rift that's healed over, or is Jimmy still smarting from that?

I think I'll stay on the fence until I know a little more.
LordoftheNight

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject:  

I don't know. They may not have been much help, but they were the only ones who helped at all. I suspect Jimmy would go to France, it seems as his relationship with his wife is straining, and he might want an excuse to get away for a bit anyways.
Alegria

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject:  

yes, I think that if he goes to France, there may be a scene of sad departing, maybe even a little spat, but that's the future. Lordy made some very valid points, although I think that Jimmy wouldn't go just to get away from her, they were still the only ones to help.
Chinaren

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject:  

*Thwacks Bob*

I think in that day and age such a parting would not be too unusual. Travel is slow, and people understand that. Going to France is a major undertaking and if it is for a job the wife would understand.
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject:  

Also, he would still not pass up on a chance to find his daughter, right? Even if there is the remotest hance he'll take it.
Alegria

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject:  

I doubt he would find his daughter in France, though.
chiacutie

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject:  

I think that int he end, Jimmy should be schizophrenic. o-)

He should go to france, i guess, because it makes your writing easier..
Alegria

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject:  

Hey, I'm back from a week at Youth Camp, and I hope you guys will keep discussing, see you in 2 weeks.
chiacutie

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject:  

*grabs onto leggy's leg, won't let go, gets dragged on floor*

dont gooooooooo!!!
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject:  

*crosses fingers*

She should be back today. Please let her be back otday.
solus.serpen

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject:  

I think he should go. It wouldn't be like him to turn down his 'friend' in a time of need, specially since he is wearing his clothes, enjoying his party etc.
I think he would say yes, but would regret it later.
good story btw. :)
Alegria

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject:  

3 points:

1: I'm back!!!! :D

2: Welcome to the story, solus!

3: I'm a boy, Whitey
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject:  

*Hides behind a sofa*

It's the Curse of If! Get it off me, get it off me!

*Scrapes wildly at arms*

(I'll leave it up just so you can all laught at my stupidity)
chiacutie

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject:  

Oh good, when I was reading that post I was embarassed because I htought of all the times Id used 'he' in assosations with your name-couldn't remember any, but there had to be oodles.

So...With that thought...

*Points and laughs*
Whitey was wrong!
*sings and dances still laughing at whitey, remembering this for any situation where she needs a lame comeback*
Alegria

Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject:  

Remember, I'm the famous "Don't call me a girl" citizen of IF. I'm the Elf who hates gender-confusion.
chiacutie

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject:  

Leeeeggy i want a new chaaappy!!!*starts chant "WE WANT CHAPPY! WE WANT CHAPPY!"

Really though, hurry up with the poll so i can enjoy mor sharp and transparent goodness.
Alegria

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject:  

How's that, chia?
JezSharp

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject:  

Great story Alegria, just caught up. I think he'd go to France, he knows Freddy is his firend (even if we all know he's not) and so he'll want to accompany him. Added to that he may well assume that the baby will have been smuggled out of the country (if it hasn't already been killed) - perhaps someone on the other side of the channel has seen it. Anyway I'm going for France :) .
Alegria

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject:  

come on, everyone, get those votes in!!!!
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject:  

Voted!
Alegria

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject:  

Ah, yes, get those last few votes in. I close the polls in a week. Unfortunately, that's not when the next chapter will be. I'll be too busy with the last chapter events of SJ.
OldJoe

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject:  

Off ter France.
LordoftheNight

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject:  

Off to bonny Scotland says I. Wait - that's not an option? Then to frog land it is.
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject:  

Yay! We're staying!

Oh, wait. I got it the wrong way round.

Yay! We're going!
Alegria

Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject:  

New chapter will be out as soon as I can, sorry for the wait
Geek_girl72

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject:  

This whole thing has a slightly Hitchcockian feel to it...It's cool. I'm looking foreward to what france has in store.
Alegria

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject:  

Which will be out this weekend, hopefully.

Stupid School.
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject:  

Does that mean I'm not the only Ifian who is having homework piled on my head, stuffed down my throat, crammed round my eyeballs and poured through a funnel into my ears?
Alegria

Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject:  

Don't worry, you're not alone. ;)

Storygames Home -> A Glass Friendship - COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1