Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

A Glass Friendship: Chapter 2
Click here to go to the original topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Storygames Home -> A Glass Friendship - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alegria

Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject:  

A Glass Friendship

Chapter II

And so you see, my friends, how much a kiss can change. For why it may help two souls, one life it may further derange.

===============================================
Thoughts raced through Freddy's mind. Betrayal! Liar! Faker! How dare he pretend to be my friend only to get close to her, that, that witch! But I will get them. I will set this straight and offer another chance.

Seething on the inside, Frederick finally cracked. "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS, YOU BACKSTABBER? DO YOU ENJOY MY PAIN? WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?" Frederick then stomped off, weeping.

Now why do I tell this episode of life? Why recount the pain? For this is when unstability turns to madness, this is when our poor friend Frederick started to go insane.

Freddy hid under a bush in the gardens, weeping. Get up, Freddy, you mustn't cry. Crying is for little boys and girls. Don't cry Freddy, men don't cry.

Freddy's moment of anguish was soon interupted, though, by a familiar voice he loved and loathed.

"Freddy, are you under there?"

"Go away and never speak to me again."

"Freddy, I know you're upset, but we're in love, and if you can't come to terms with that,then I'm sorry for you, but not about me and Lizzie. I'll never be sorry about that."

"Come down here," Already Frederick's mind was formulating a plot to kill him. It would take time, of course, but of course, he had an entire lifetime. He just had to keep Jimmy his friend. By whatever means possible.

Jimmy, oblivious to his "friend's" thoughts, crouched down. "Yes, Freddy?"

"I'm sorry I got mad at you, I guess I just kind of... lost it out there."

"It's okay, Freddy, these thing happen."

But if only Jimmy had known the truth, that Freddy had lost more than his temper out there!

And so the seasons turn again, as they have for all of time. But love only grew and hate only deepened, and minds still seethed with wounded pride. For madness grows if you give it time, until it destroys all.

Ten More Years Later

I t had been a wonderful wedding, a perfect day, but now the wedding bells were silent, for husband and wife had other bussiness to attend to. We will find them in the hospital, unconsiously weaving more into the fabric of their impending pain. But she was in enough pain for now.

"Come on Lizzie, push!"

"Jimmy, help me Jimmy!"

"I'm here, honey, you just have to push. The midwife will help you."

Soon, the crying of a baby filled the air. The midwife smiled and said, "It's a girl!"

"She's beautiful, isn't she?"

Elisabeth smiled, "She's adorable."

Another voice came in, "Yes, she is. So, what will you name her?"

The new mother looked at her baby, and then at the speaker, "I have the perfect name, Freddy, I'll name her Rose."

The midwife looked up, a name you didn't hear much, but a pretty one. "Rose it is. You can take her home in two days, Mrs. Johnson. It's just as well, you're on bed rest for the next three. It's not every mother who can birth a ten pound baby without anesthesia, you're a strong woman."

Jimmy smiled, "Yes, and she's my woman."

Freddy blanched, but quickly recovered. A baby, hmmm, this could change my plan. No, I've put too much work into it, England will go to war, and I will have revenge then. But I might be able to squeeze it in. But could I harm a baby?

Descision point

What about it, do you think Freddy will harm an infant?
Shady Stoat

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject:  

I think Freddy's more likely to focus on the wife than the child. It won't, ultimately, stop him - but if there's a way to get around it without hurting the baby, he'll take it.

Another good chapter Alegria :)
Ravenwing

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject:  

I agree with Shady that it is more likely the wife is going to be a focus. But he can use Rose to his advantage. Gain her trust by acting like a doting relative. Thus Jimmy becomes jealous.
Muaddib

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject:  

Dont harm the baby!
LordoftheNight

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject:  

I'd go for the baby - it's a way he can get his revenge on Jimmy without going through the one he loved.
Solomon Birch

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject:  

Hmmm, this may sounds pretty dodgy, but could he wait until she has grown old enough, then take her for his bride? He could court her for a few years, then try and get her to run away with him. In one sense Lizzie and Jimmy would realise what he's doing, but then he could get really twisted and use her to get back at the dastardly couple.

Good chapter again Alegria! :D

*holds breath* :shock:
Chinaren

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject:  

yes, she could be used for revenge is some sick and twisted way. :-o
LordoftheNight

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject:  

And the fact that your suggestion appeals to your own personal twisted mind right SOily?
Solomon Birch

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject:  

Twisted.... but in a good way. Yes. :grin: ;)
Ravenwing

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject:  

Soily, you're really twisted. But not that much since I just read this article about a 33 year old guy marrying a 104 year old woman, which I think sounds worse. :D
LordoftheNight

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject:  

Did you know that apparently if an underage boy sleeps with a woman above the age of consent he's still the one who gets arrested? Doesn't that seem sexist to anyone?
Chinaren

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject:  

lordofthenight wrote: Did you know that apparently if an underage boy sleeps with a woman above the age of consent he's still the one who gets arrested? Doesn't that seem sexist to anyone?

I don't think that is correct Lordy, I have seen various news articles where the woman has been arrested.
LordoftheNight

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject:  

That's what I heard.

From a friend. Honest.

Maybe it depends on the country?
Ravagerrr

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject:  

Okay, Okay, ***ked up idea here... don't think I'd ever do anything like this myself, but you've portrayed him as insane sooooo...

Kidnap Rose when Jimmy, alone, is responsible for her. As Jimmy's friend, I'm sure finding the "right" moment won't be too hard. Fred could even arrange the proper distraction. Then, in the aftermath, be the good friend/counselor/supportive guy to Lizzie and subtly suggest how angry she should be towards Jimmy for failing to watch their daughter appropriately and so on... cultivate a hatred for him in her, and a reason to believe that Frederick is her hero.

Sell the child out to some korean dude or something, but maintain knowledge of her location... It could be another way to torture Jimmy later.

This would be a strategy for stealing Lizzy from Jimmy, but he's not in love with Lizzy, just wants to use her and to make Jimmy's life hell. So this would only be to serve that purpose, the beginning of a master plan.

You mentioned that Frederick has a plan already, but u didn't say what it consisted of. Unfortunately, its hard to weigh what to do in this situation, given we don't know what he was planning to do otherwise.

Good story by the way... not fantasy tho... still, putting it in the same category as humor... naw... it does fit as an 'expirimental' but only loosely, maybe horror?
Ravenwing

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject:  

Good idea, Rav.

I think that Rose is of better use to Fred if she were alive. The possibilities seem to be endless.
Muaddib

Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject:  

How can you dream of hurting a wee babe? :sad:
Solomon Birch

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject:  

Quote: Sell the child out to some korean dude or something

WTF? :-o
Chinaren

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject:  

Solomon Birch wrote: Quote: Sell the child out to some korean dude or something

WTF? :-o

Yeah, everyone knows you would get more in Germany.
Solomon Birch

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject:  

LMFAO! :lol:
LordoftheNight

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject:  

Actually Switzerland usually fetches a high price...

Yes, that could work really well Rav - I like it. If it was still around I'd persuade the lads to let you join the EVIL Guild. Meh. However, by getting Lizzie to fall for him - even if he's lost interest in her - would still be a great way to strike back at Jimmy.

I do still feel this suits Fantasy - afterall, who knows what will happen later?
Alegria

Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject:  

Well, I would open the new polls, but I can't delete the old one for some reason. :(

Interestind if twisted ideas, keep them coming.
Alegria

Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject:  

Yea, the poll is down!!!! Thank you, Smee!!! :D
Ravenwing

Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject:  

Well then I hope to see the poll soon enough. ;)
Alegria

Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject:  

Your wish is my command.

The poll is up!
Solomon Birch

Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject:  

Voted for the perv option of course! :biggrin: ;)

*holds breath* :shock:
Ravagerrr

Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject:  

Ok, so where's my idea reflected here in the poll??? Where's the 'abduct and sell the child?'
LordoftheNight

Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject:  

Yes, I'm withholding my vote in protest.

For now at least.
Alegria

Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject:  

Sorry, forgot about that one, so many ideas, but, I thought you were just kidding.

And, now that Soily voted, I can't change the poll back. :( sorry.
LordoftheNight

Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject:  

PM Mr. Mayor.
Alegria

Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject:  

Will do, sorry, everyone, but voting needs to restart once I get the new poll up.
LordoftheNight

Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject:  

We can wait.
Smee

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject:  

Good chapter Alegria - I think Rav's plan is a good one :)

It has definately lost its fantasy vibe though - if you're happy then I'm going to move it in to Misc.

Happy Writing :)
Ravenwing

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject:  

Wait, wait, wait...LOL.
Alegria

Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject:  

Hmmm.... Interesting offer, Smee. Go ahead, but PM me to remind me. I forget stuff very easy.
LordoftheNight

Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:  

Voted on the new poll which I just realised had gone up. Went for the marrying option, but now I can't remember if that's the one I wanted to vote for.

Damn.

Problem is, if you it, hasn't it been nominated for a few IFy's? Wouldn't that effect them?
Ravenwing

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject:  

Voted.

Leave her alone for now. When she becomes more useful, attack then.
Alegria

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject:  

Yes, wouldn't that affect the IFys? How about we wait till the IFys are over? Anyway, I voted to leave her be.
Ravagerrr

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject:  

Voted... whether the kidnapping wins or not, I thank you for taking the effort to change the poll!
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject:  

I brought it to a tie! Go me!

I can't believe none of your sick and twisted minds thought of kidnapping her, then, when Jimmy boy has almost given up on her, say that you supose you should take one last look on your own and then find hre. This would make Jimmy look stupid and feel ashamed and you'd be boosted in Lizzie's way of looking.
LordoftheNight

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject:  

Because he has no want to make Lizzie like him now, that bird has flown Kidnapping then finding the girl may embarase Jimmy, but it would actually make him gratful, and cement the bonds of their 'friendship'.

Storygames Home -> A Glass Friendship - COMPLETE Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2