Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

A Glass Friendship: Chapter 3
Click here to go to the original topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Storygames Home -> A Glass Friendship - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alegria

Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject:  

A Glass Friendship

Chapter III

And while the new couple take joy in the life of something so small and beatiful, the spider spins his web of hate and lies, until the web reaches into everyone's life, and all are trapped.

===============================================
Frederick soon noticed that Jimmy was speaking to him. He came out of his contemplation with a jolt, and tried to peice together what James had been saying.

"...Isn't that right Freddy?"

"I'm sorry, old chap, I seemed to have zoned out on you. What was that?"

"I said, it's very alarming how violent and dangerous France is getting."

"Oh...Oh yes, quite." A cry emenated from the next room in the manor.

Elizabeth stood up, "That would be Rose, you gentlemen keep talking, I'll see to the baby." Elizabeth looked at Jimmy with such love and devotion, it made Freddy nautious.

So, to make up for it, Frederick looked at his own wife. She was pretty, but not much good for anything else. Frederick grimaced, she was beautiful, his Silvia, and so were the other ones she didn't know of, but there was no love, no kindness. He knew that they did what they did for one purpose only, money. Oh if only money could buy real love, mused Freddy, if only it could buy happiness.

Oh, but if it could, would this tragedy turn to farce, or to kindness, at least?

Freddy turned his attention back to James, who was talking intently on how the unrest in France would turn into revolution any day now.

Elizabeth returned, "Barely a month old, and yet she's got a bigger appetite than Jimmy! I've got to go get her milk, I'll be right back."

Silvia rose, "I'll accompany her. Come on, darling, let's also get some sherry."

Fredy ignored them, even if Silvia didn't love him, she and Elizabeth were best friends. Like husband, like wife. Perhaps not, he thought, Silvia would never do this.

Frederick rubbed his eyes, it had taken him forever to get them back to the farmhouse, and it was barely in time. He had to leave a scant five minutes afterward. His plan could only take an hour, or he would miss his meeting.

He crept up to the window. This would be difficult, they all slept in one room.

He eased the window open and slipped in. Luckily, he had greased the window earlier, or at least had someone else do it while he entertained his "guests." It had been a long day, but it had the desired effect. The family was out of the house while Freddy's preperations were carried out, and they were fast asleep in their beds.

Freddy's eyes scanned the room. There was Jimmy and his wife, sleeping together, and there, there it was, the crib. Freddy stalked forward, careful not to make a sound. Sweat beaded his forehead, and questions raced through his mind. What if the babe woke up, what if the parents woke up? They were all risks. Of course, risks were part of a kidnapping.

He silently reached down to snatch the baby. This is it, he thought, this could destroy Jimmy or me, let's hope fate favors me.

Luckily, the child didn't make a peep, and Frederick hastily removed himself and the baby from the small farm.

Where was his concionce? That cruel but neccessary thing that keeps up good? Of course he had a concionce, but it was twisted and deformed to the point where it was like a taffy. You can twist it, but it can only take so much before it falls apart in your hand. And as Freddy took that child, the last peice of his concionce was left in the crib with the empty blanket to keep it company.

Freddy stood in the foyer of his house, the baby asleep in the basement. The appointment was soon, but he deserved a break.

The baby started to cry.

Elizabeth awoke with a jolt so hard that it woke Jimmy.

The baby, something was wrong with Rose!

She flew over to the carraige, and frantically looked through the blankets. "No, no, NO!"

Rose was gone.

The mother wept for her baby, bitter tears falling on the floor.

Jimmy stood, shocked, where was his baby? How would he find her? Where to begin?

The wind blew through the cold, intertwining the cry of a baby and her mother together.

==================
Descision Point

Where does Jimmy start?
Alegria

Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject:  

Of course, it's once again short, but hopefully good.
Chinaren

Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject:  

Quote: Where was his conscious

Concience is the spelling here. I think. :? Something like that anway.

Evil deeds! Mwahahaha!

Well, I would imagine Jimmy would start with the peelers, then contact his best 'friend' to help. Perhaps an advert in the newspaper?

Nice chapter.
Alegria

Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject:  

Fixed, thanks China
Ravagerrr

Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject:  

He he... now we're playing Jimmy are we? Well... start by calling the police of course.

Good chap... Conscience... I think that's it... also... if your looking for another term for that, try 'moral fiber'.

Well done!
Shady Stoat

Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject:  

Another good chapter :cool:

Just a slight technicality. "nautious" should be "nauseous"

I tend to think Jimmy will run out into the night, search the area surrounding his home with increasing desperation, before giving up and calling the police. He's going to need his best friend near him after that, for support and comfort :shock:
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject:  

Or perhaps he goes to the police first, who laugh him off because he's not rich.
Alegria

Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject:  

Yes, but I doubt the police would be so cruel as that, or would they?
LordoftheNight

Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject:  

Wouldn't surprise me - police ca be very corrupt in places. However, if this is France 1800 (is it, or was I misreading something?) then you've got to consider other factors.

Also, while I'm here - damnedable birdsong! Can't you start chirping away later or something?
Ravenwing

Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject:  

I saw "peice," which should be "piece" near the beginning.

My first reaction would be for Jimmy to contact the police. Whether or not it will help is not something we should consider quite yet. Jimmy has no clue where Rose is, has no clues as to where she may be or who stole her, so he best ask for the police.

Sure the unrest is going to be a factor, but not at this exact moment, I don't think so.
Alegria

Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject:  

Actually, they're in England, they're just talking about France, which may have some signifigance later. ;)
LordoftheNight

Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject:  

Ok, that confused me.
Ravenwing

Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject:  

You cleared my befuddlement, Algy. LOL.
Solomon Birch

Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject:  

I agree with Shady, running around frantically searching for Rose, preferably in his nightshirt with a mad look in his eyes, and then when he collapses with fatigue, Elizabeth can call the police and things will progress from there. :D

*holds breath* :shock:
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject:  

As long as the police are corrupt or being bribed by Freddy or something, I have no problems with that.
Alegria

Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject:  

Good Idea, I hadn't thought of that, WB!
Ravenwing

Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject:  

Well if you think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if Freddy bribes the police from conducting a through search for the babe. Definitely wouldn't put it past him.
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject:  

Plus he's rich. He can afford it. Like the equivilent of China in that world. In fact, how about we base all of Freddy's actions on things C'ren may do? Would add some humour...
Ravenwing

Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject:  

But Freddy is Algy's character. If he chooses to do so, he may do that. But you see I don't think C'ren here is that evil and demented enough to sell an innocent child off. (Maybe he is, I don't know.)
LordoftheNight

Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject:  

I'm sorry - but we are both talking about Chinaren here right?
Alegria

Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject:  

That we are. China is rich, but I doubt anyone would sell a baby.

Except, of course, Freddy, but he's crazy.
Chinaren

Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject:  

Quote: but I doubt anyone would sell a baby.

Happens all the time I am afraid Algy.
Ravenwing

Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject:  

People will do anything to survive. And if they have to sell a child, so be it. Most people, who are selling their children are doing to protect themselves. This is a cruel world unlike what most of us see of it.
Alegria

Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject:  

Our world is terrible, cruel, and heartless.

I suppose it really does happen, so let me rephrase that.

No one RICH would probably sell a baby.
Alegria

Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject:  

Well, as fun as this guessing is, I'm going to have to get us on a semblance of topic again. Are there any more suggestions?
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject:  

Not from me Algy
Alegria

Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject:  

Well, if there aren't any more, I'll put up a meager poll.
LordoftheNight

Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject:  

Voted for the old headless chicken, and winning.
Alegria

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject:  

We need more votes! (it's going to be votapalooza. Did I really just type that? :-o )
Ravagerrr

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject:  

hmmm... thought there was nearly a concensus on calling the police... guess not! Oh well... looks like the chicken gets the pan!
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject:  

Can the police stand in the corner laughing?
Alegria

Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject:  

I'm leaving the polls open for a little while longer, so, who knows what will happen?
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject:  

YEAH! And please don't mention headless chickens. I used to have a pet hicken, then a fox ripped it's head off. A fox could rip Freddy's head off though :D .
Ravenwing

Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject:  

Well. I think with Jmmy's state of mind, calling the police is not the first priority.
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject:  

No, though if they are corrupt when he does go to see them I'll be happy.
Alegria

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject:  

Keep voting, my pretties (cackle, cackle, cackle)

(slowly back away)
Alegria

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject:  

Let's close the polls, shall we?
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject:  

*is frozen by fear of the Leggy one*
Alegria

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah, I know it's creepy. The poll winner is to run around searching for her.
Alegria

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject:  

By the way, I'm going to be gone till Thursday (or whenever, I can never get the timezone change right)

Storygames Home -> A Glass Friendship - COMPLETE Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2