Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

A Glass Friendship: Chapter 5
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> A Glass Friendship - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alegria

Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject:  

A Glass Friendship

Chapter V

And while the physically blind may do well in the world, James was blind in mind and soul, which can only lead to tragedy.

===============================================
Jimmy shrugged under his coat. It was cold at this time of year usually, but it was colder this year, it seemed.

"I hate France," he muttered to Freddy, who was marching alongside him, "If it's not snowing, it's raining, or sleeting, or hailing, or some other ghastly weather."

Freddy nodded. France had outdone even England in dismal weather this year, and seemed to want to keep its hard-earned title.

"So, how long until we make camp?"

"We are almost to Paris, but I suppose that you're right, I'll tell one of the guards to stop and make camp here."

The night was long and cold, and it seemed as if an eternity would pass by before Dawn lit up the world with her fingers of rose color. The supper was cold, as was breakfast, and the lunch the day before, and that breakfast, and on and on for a week. Jimmy could take it, but it was harder on Freddy, who had always been served delicacies, Europe's finest.

Ah well, I must do it for the plan, thought the beast, brooding over the events to come. He risked a glance at Jimmy, who was silently chewing on some bread, thinking.

By the look on his face, he was probably thinking of Elizabeth, his treasure, who, like so many other treasures, had been stolen.

She had not been happy when he had announced his departure. There had been yelling, and cold stares. A blight on an otherwise prefect night.

Freddy knew that a good husband should be thinking of Silvia right now, but she was nothing more than a benefit of his extravagant life. An unloved benefit. She was a trophy, and he was the athlete that had won her, by bribery. He knew that Silvia didn't love him, just as he "knew" that no one loved him. Not Elizabeth, not his deceased parents, and not Jimmy. Jimmy was full of malice and jealousy, yes, that was it! Jimmy was jealous of him! What other explanation could work for a twisted mind such as his?

Paris was beautiful, even in the winter. Every rooftop was glistening with snow, the markets were crowded, the streets were wide and well-lit, and people went about their daily lives.

But in every person's eyes was a look of fear and uncertainty, worriful about the future, and the revolts that had started to spring up about the new government.

The revolts, Napolean's escape from Elba a few years back, all made people worry about the possibility of another revolution, and there were those who still remembered the pain, confusion, chaos, and blood of the last one.

They passed many people with such a look on their way to Notre Dame.

Notre Dame stood out against the city, an imposing symbol of God's grace, divinity, and power. It was more specifically an example of what a man will accomplish if he is working for God.

It was here, in this snow-bound cathedral that the French Parliment would meet today. It was more secure, and mobs wouldn't dare storm a house of God. The preist and bishop were both a small bit fussy about how loud their arguments were.

Freddy and Jimmy were shown into the Nave, just as it happened.

For it would seem that the French do indeed have the audactiy to storm a cathedral, and the mob soon closed in.

The members of Parliment ran out of the room when they heard of the riot. One, who had an air of importance looked at Freddy, and shouted, "Well, this is what you're here for, isn't it? Do something!"

Descision Point

What should Freddy do, what is the man even talking about?
chiacutie

Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject:  

Hm, normally I would suggest cookies but that wouldnt fit. Maybe a minor mention of cokies? That would make me happy!

Anwyas lol maybe he... Hmmm... Maybe the man is tlaking about somehow getting rid of the mobbers? Well thats all I can think of right now.
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject:  

Maybe he thinks that the English Aristocrats are good at putting down riots. Weve never had a successful revolt. Of course, it was raining when we had revolts, so meh.
Chinaren

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject:  

Mmm, yes, not sure about this DP?!?

Standing infront of a mob is always a bad idea, they may lynch first and ask questions later, if at all.

I would try and get out if there is a chance of doing that!
Geek_girl72

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject:  

I say he freezes, he's lived a life handed to him on a platter, how does he know what to do with a mob?
Alegria

Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject:  

Good suggestions all, keep 'em coming.
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject:  

He freezes, Jimmy saves his skin and as a result he realises Jimmy does care for him and is racked with guilt.
Alegria

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject:  

hmmm...

interesting suggestion.
chiacutie

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject:  

The White Blacksmith wrote: He freezes, Jimmy saves his skin and as a result he realises Jimmy does care for him and is racked with guilt.

BUT THEN!

Something else happens and makes him all whacko again and he once again wants to kill Jimmy.

Then, of course, he eats a cookie. :oops:
Alegria

Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject:  

More suggestions please. Poll will go up in a week.
Geek_girl72

Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject:  

Hmmm...So far people have been suggestiong things like Freddy realizing that Jimmy cares about him by something Jimmy does. I think it would be interesting if Jimmy is the one who doesn't know what to do and Freddy saves him without thinking about it. This anomaly in actions could bother him at first, than he could tell himself that Jimmy isn't miserable enough yet lto et die.

I think this would be a good option becuase it would:

1) make us wonder about Freddy while still leaving the option of his pure evilness open

2) convince Jimmy that nothing is wrong between them

3) provide an interesting new level of both characters.

I know I suggested that Freddy doesn't know what to do, but I don't see any reason Jimmy would either. Some of the most sinister villians are freaky because they have a spark of good in them and ignore it, just like the best heroes fall from time to time and get back up.
Alegria

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject:  

Oooooooooooh.

Nice.

:goodpost:
Alegria

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject:  

Poll is up

*edit* huh that's weird, just ignore the double options please, and vote for the one closest to the top.
MagBla

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject:  

Freddy seems a little psychotic, but that could just be me. :)

Having Jimmy freeze and Freddy save him would definitely keep Jimmy in the dark about Freddy's motives.

Just a question though: What happened to Rose?
Geek_girl72

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject:  

Maybe we're supposed to wonder untill WE go psychotic...
Alegria

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject:  

At the end, I'll have a poll asking if you want a sequel. If it is a yes, then you'll find out in...

An Anvenging Rose

Welcom to IF MagBla (or, how about maggy?)
DELETED

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject:  

DELETED
MagBla

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject:  

I just asked because it seemed like Rose was mentioned briefly and then forgotten about. But if there's a sequel hidden in there, I don't mind waiting. And is it supposed to be 'Avenging Rose' or is 'Anvenging' intentional?

And Maggie or Mags or anything else you want to call me is fine, really. MagBla is just one of my shortened versions of Marguerite Blakeney, which is a name of a character from the Scarlet Pimpernel. I tend to use versions of her name in all online forums.
Alegria

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject:  

sorry about the poll, but It will close in a week.

Anvenging was unintentional, thanks.
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject:  

That's odd... Normally when it does multiple options it does them all together... wonder what's happening?
Alegria

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject:  

Jimmy freezes, Freddy saves him is the winner! watch for new chapter this month!

Storygames Home -> A Glass Friendship - COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1