Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Chinaren's Political HQ.
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Election Apr 07
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chinaren

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Chinaren's Political HQ.  

Chinaren

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject:  

A large wagon pulls up in front of IM’s tent, obscuring it with a huge Chinaren Inc. sign.

A marching band follows, with dancing girls and boys in scantily clad outfits tumbling after, throwing fables and chocolate into the crowd.

Soon after a portable stage trundles along and the familiar orange figure waddles on…

And lo! He speaks!

“Citizens!”

“Once again it is time to cast your doubts aside, cast caution to the wind and cast your vote for Chinaren for mayor!”

(Band plays for 10 seconds)

“For the last six months I have labored hard to make IF a better place for everyone, even Masterweaver. Here are a few things I have introduced both before my time as Mayor and during to enhance the IF experience…”

Was the first to use pic sigs.

Was the first to introduce picture advertising and graphic ‘Covers’

Thrown Masterweaver in the Hole.

Established many successful enterprises, including ChinAd, ChinaBank, China Awards and many more.

Thrown quality SGames for all to enjoy!

Dressed in the leather garb of dispelling and performed the Ceromony of dispersal on thousands of Lost Souls.

Repeatedly donned the tight, figure hugging leather-wear to cast out the continual summoned Souls that still try to enter the city.

Re-organized the City Council, casting out the old husks and bringing in fresh, and sometimes juicy, new members.

Streamlining the overly cumbersome promotions process.

Performed the Mayoral duties in an efficient and timely manner.

Patrolled the city for signs of any miscreants.

Revised the Treasury system, creating the post of High Chancellor amongst other things.

Kept taxes and rents low!

Kept the IfQuirer up and running for the good of all citizens.

…and much, much more.

Chinaren – The Smart Choice.
Chinaren

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject:  

I now open the floor for questions.
Idea master

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject:  

The mage comes out of his tent, and raises his hand.

"Yes, excuse me, current Mayorness...but would you mind...Moving your bloody circus somewhere else so that people can see my tent?!"
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject:  

:rofl:
dinranwen

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject:  

These are the same questions (roughly) that I asked IM. I ask you, how do you respond to them?

I have only two questions, for now. Well actuall it's more than two but there only two main questions I would like to answer.

Rumors have it that the city might see another slump of '06.

1.)How do you propose to prevent this diaster?

In regards to this:

A.) How do you propose to increase (storygames wise)the activity of the city?
B.) How do you propose to increase the pupularity of the city?
C.) Do have any plans to increase the useful contribuations of new memembers and old ones?

2.) If you could make an changes, additions or deletions, to our city (with Key's permission): What would it be and who would it approve our lives as citzens?
Chinaren

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject:  

Dinny wrote:

Rumors have it that the city might see another slump of '06.

1.)How do you propose to prevent this diaster?

In regards to this:

A.) How do you propose to increase (storygames wise)the activity of the city?
B.) How do you propose to increase the pupularity of the city?
C.) Do have any plans to increase the useful contribuations of new memembers and old ones?

How do you plan to change the 'low drifts' that ever so often grip the city in their boring grasp? (In other words, how will you raise the population density of the city?).

I have already addressed this in one of the other threads, so here is my answer again:

I have already been addressing this issue in the last few weeks. There has been a lot of talk about the un-popularity of the Review Board stifling new SGames, and hence making the site less active.

I believe the Review Board has a place in IF, but I don't believe in making it hard for people to post, so not only have I instigated changes to make Promotions easier, faster and more transparent, but we are also expanding the people who can post directly into the Main Forums.

I have been a member of the Chamber of Commerce for some time, which is a group in the city that advertises IF wherever possible. Maybe it is time to re-push this group.

I have also encouraged the Mods to start promotions in their areas, to stimulate activity.

Lastly, and hopefully this doesn't come across as boastful, I have am the author of several popular SGames myself, which I hope helps attract people into the city.

I also see IM has suggested banner ads on other sites. The problem with this is that they aren't free. Maybe Key will stump up the cash for them, I don't know, but I am (sadly) not as rich in RL as I am on IF!

dinranwen wrote:
2.) If you could make an changes, additions or deletions, to our city (with Key's permission): What would it be and who would it approve our lives as citzens?

I can't think of anything currently that hasn't been done, or is being done, that I would add or delete.

We are a little limited in this though. For example it's easy enough to add (or delete) forums, but other, larger, changes need coding work, and we don't have anyone available to do this.
Key

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject:  

chinaren wrote: I also see IM has suggested banner ads on other sites. The problem with this is that they aren't free. Maybe Key will stump up the cash for them, I don't know, but I am (sadly) not as rich in RL as I am on IF!
We currently have some banner and link exchanges with other sites, and I'd be happy to add more if anyone finds partner sites.

Paying cash for ads is something I have also done from time to time, and is one option if we have another "lull". However, with the budget I have it tends not to bring in a lot of traffic, and is anyway only a temporary fix. The long-term solution is to get enough links from prominent sites that our search rating becomes higher.

This is traditionally a Royal rather than a Mayoral responsibility; however, any help would certainly be appreciated.

chinaren wrote: dinranwen wrote:

I can't think of anything currently that hasn't been done, or is being done, that I would add or delete.

We are a little limited in this though. For example it's easy enough to add (or delete) forums, but other, larger, changes need coding work, and we don't have anyone available to do this.

Some changes, such as changes to the site home page, don't require PHP coding, though they would be something only I could do. But if the Mayor had some thoughts on what we should do on those pages, I would certainly welcome any insight.

:-)
Masterweaver

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject:  

Suddenly, a crowd of protesters led by everyone's favorite robe start chanting, "VOTE IM! VOTE IM! VOTE IM!"

"Sir," cries Weaver, "Will your ASS at least tell the accused of their supposed infrraction of the law? I do not recall being informed as to the reasons of my own incarceration!"

The crowd jeers.
Chinaren

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject:  

Just before a Squad of Heavy ASS come and start cracking heads, Chinaren says:

You were warned multiple times about your infractions fellon. I don't think I could have been any clearer.

He then folds his arms and watches as the ASS wade in, knocking noggins with overzealous enthusiasm and large batons.

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject:  

*Before nightshade even treis voting she looks around and sais: "a circius is not needed for a voting place, it is best to answer all that questions you have on mind and what they would ask, you should think equal to them and answer whatever you have not mentioned"

I should ask, Would you make the text added into a post... like more text can be added, or like say if If will get a new wall paper?
Masterweaver

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject:  

Masterweaver comes back, but without the crowd.

"Would you pass a law requiring a minimum monthly post for those who did not warn you they were going away in the going away thread?"
Chinaren

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject:  

Masterweaver wrote: Masterweaver comes back, but without the crowd.

"Would you pass a law requiring a minimum monthly post for those who did not warn you they were going away in the going away thread?"

I don't think that's really practical or enforcable.

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject:  

Quote: Would you pass a law requiring a minimum monthly post for those who did not warn you they were going away in the going away thread?"

Don't understand what ya meant there... I deleted my stories, actaully asked for it to be deleted, it was starting to bother me, so I deleted the ghost rider and the devils cast.

I'm sure there won't be such a law, you should learn to keep track of posts. That is a part of If you should learn... Since you should have a minimum of posts... That's mostly it, all I think that would work.
D-Lotus

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject:  

As mayor, what can you do that IM can't do? What can you offer that he can't?
Chinaren

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject:  

D-Lotus wrote: As mayor, what can you do that IM can't do? What can you offer that he can't?

I'm sure IM can do pretty much anything I can! HOwever, I can offer my many years experience, both in RL and IF, if that means anything.

I think I am a capable manager, and usually have time to log on and do the things the mayor needs to do.
Smee

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject:  

Aaah election time rolls round again. :)

Only a two horse race this time... interesting.

Grill him good guys ;)

Storygames Home -> Election Apr 07
Page 1 of 1