Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Bushido: Chapter 5: Poll
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> InterFable Stories - Bushido - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D-Lotus

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Bushido: Chapter 5: Poll  

Ok, poll is up. Please vote on what you think Kihachi should do based on his character and his past actions. You can also try to convince people one way or another by posting below! Thank you to all of those who have faithfully followed with the story until now. I have the next three chapters in my head, so as soon as the vote is over, I can start writing!

Happy Voting :P

- D-Lotus
Smee

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject:  

I'm about halfway through, I'll vote and comment once I'm done.

eyes size of poll suspiciously :shock:
Mordok

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject:  

I picked the snoop witht he knife option. Although, I wanted to see what you did with the next three chapters if Kihachi was beheaded for sword possesion. :D

I guess my 'hide the swords quickly and follow the girl' suggestion stunk.

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject:  

Actually Mordok, the snoop around option was what you suggested ( I tought), but there would be no point in hiding the swords, or would there?
i always try to creat funny polls, since their actually such a drag.

- D-Lotus
Ravenwing

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject:  

Ah finally, finished that chapter. Way long, D. Could you please be nice to our eyes and split your really big paragraphs?? *gives puppy eyes* Also I am getting confused between names, and whats going on. Let me get this straight, the group is still split. And Monoko is near the temple. And everyone else is in the city somewhere. I am trying to get this whole story straight thats all. As to what to do. I don't see the peasant disobeying a law because he does not have the personality to do it. Anyways, I guess it says that I want him to take the knife.

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject:  

Then please vote RW, and he already has the knife. I guess you didn't get my geogriphical explanations- The group ( Samurai's and Peasants) Are all in one small town next to Kihachi's small village called Sanpawa. This town is a waystop on the way to Kyoto, ok? Monako is in Kyoto now, not in the waystop. I thought I explained it well enough---oh well. Ok, ok, I know some people get confused with the names, because yes, they are japanese. Sigh, unfortunaltly, I can't do anything about it, all I can hope is that you have a good memory, or that you have the patience to look back until you've memorized it. Iknow I've critized your story kinda heavily RW, but I'm hoping it's not influencing in what you think of mine. About the paragraphs- I was going to chop ity up into smaller paragraps, but then I forgot, sorry.
Ravenwing

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject:  

Oops totally forgot to vote. Will do that. Thanks for the explanation. It really helped me. I take criticism as it comes, I don't mind it.
kenshin himura

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject:  

yes if he even took the sword ( which would be highly unlikly)
one problem remanes. and that problem is the fact that he
probably would not be able to use it.
rlz

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject:  

That was long I'm still reading it.
Ravenwing

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject:  

Too many Kenshins *holds head* Off of that point. Great job D, I guess the vote is unanimous; Use to the knife to kill the dude.
D-Lotus

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject:  

Hmmm, well, although there is still 4 votes left to cast, I think I will start writing the Monako part. Hey saxon, random, and rlz, also Smee, I think you guys haven't voted yet, it's up to you....
s1lents0ul

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject:  

Where is has all the dignity gone... :evil: There are now 2 others with a kenshin sig, grrr. O well mine is still better then theres!!

Srry im greedy, i dont really care.
Random

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject:  

I voted for him to take the swords. Illegal? Yes but the samurai could always step in and tell authorities that Kihachi is in training.

Personally I'd vote for snooping with the knife, but everyone voted for that. I thought I would choose something else. :)

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject:  

That's the spirit me boy... I thought everyone was going to vote for the take the sword option...I only added the snooping around cause mordok slightly suggested it...
s1lents0ul

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject:  

i picked snoop around because i didnt want him to get in trouble.
kenshin himura

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject:  

who hold on! I was the first one here but since you people like kenshin like me then you are good in my book!
D-Lotus

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject:  

I guess he's right. Sorry other people with kenshin pics....
Smee

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject:  

Quote: the pile of hair I called my bed
Wow, do they really sleep on piles of hair?

One or two spellings, but in that amount of writing not even worth mentioning.

A good chapter. I'm not sure who everybody is, and don't really remember the names that well, but that's a failing of mine, and not yours. I didn't remember any of the names in LoTR's the first time I read it.

Nice decision point, covering the possibilities and reasons for doing/not doing each one; allowing us the chance to make an important decision. Well done. :)

Happy Writing. :)
Reiso

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject:  

I don't even know who/what kenshin is. How did somehing get so popular without me hearing about it?

Oh yeah, that's right; I'm a crusty old hermit.

Back to counting mushrooms . . .
D-Lotus

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject:  

Thanks Smee. I probably meant a pile of hay, but you probably have already figured that out. I'm sorry you Reiso and Random aree outnumbered, but that's the way it is... I wrote to paragraphs, today I'll write two or three...etc, I hope I can get the next story up as soon as possible.
Mordok

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject:  

Until D does get his next chapter out, why not read the latest installment of "The Inheritance".

Hehe sorry D, had to do it. :D
D-Lotus

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject:  

:wink: Don't worry Mordok, I understand. I wil certainly read your latest installment, and my new chapter will be up either in two days or in a week!

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject:  

OK, my chapter is 3/4 done- the only thing is, i've encountered a slight problem. It turns out that the name Monako, and Jabiko, both end with ko, and names that end in that character are for girls. I figured out how to resolve the Monako part without changing his name, but Jabiko I can't. That is why in the new chapter, his name will be Jabiro, ok? As soon as I can edit, I will change it in the last chapter too. Thanks for your attention, bye.
D-Lotus

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject:  

Maybe i should get a cool color so that you guys know it's me? Nah...I can always do my signature at the bottom...

-D-Lotus
Mordok

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject:  

Wow D! You story is entertaining AND educational. Nicely done.

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject:  

Thanks. It's just things I pick up- my dad told me the last one...

-D-Lotus
Guyron

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject:  

Ok , D-Lotus , I finally managed to read this . It's great , and I see you have inspired too many people into taking Kenshin as an avatar .:D

Maybe I should take Hanzo Hattori as a counter part to so many samurai ?

But anyway , I say that Kihachi takes the Katana , or Murasama , or Gen-Osafune , or Onirage , or whatever the blade is . A longer blade is always helpfull , for either backstabing or face-to-face combat . And who knows , maybe he gets lucky .
D-Lotus

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject:  

Guyron, welcome back!

Thanks for taking the time with my story first!

Unfortunatly, I already wrote the chapter with the knife option, which is what people voted.

Cool pic, what html did you use...I can't seem to get it to work...
Guyron

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject:  

Well , this is the url http://www.organicmetal.co.uk/fanart/Hanzo2.jpg
D-Lotus

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject:  

Hmmm, I mean how do you get it from your saved images... Oh well, back to writing ( I haven't done this for two days).

Enjoy this picture:

I don't know what it is, i typed evil people in google...
Mordok

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject:  

Quote: I don't know what it is, i typed evil people in google...

Ok, from left to right:

The first two guys are obviously in the fashion industry, or they are politicians. (notice the aloof attitudes and silly clothes) They are evil because they exploit the poor by selling them crap they don't need. They profit from peoples fears.

The third guy is evil because he wants to ignore the old woman and be like the first two guys. He is a wanna-be. He is the guy who kills because he was just following orders.

The old woman brought children into the world without being able to support them. Control your urges, welfare woman. Teach by example.

The kids?....well, we all know, kids are just problems waiting to happen.

The other people ( the ones with their backs turned ) are cool. They are making good natured jokes about D and Saxons mothers. I really think they have been hitting the rum.

When old dudes attack dept.
Guest-Lotus :D

Ignore the avatar behind the curtain.
unther

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject:  

Hey D, how did you learn to write stories sop good? :?:
Guyron

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject:  

Mordok wrote: Quote: I don't know what it is, i typed evil people in google...

Ok, from left to right:

The first two guys are obviously in the fashion industry, or they are politicians. (notice the aloof attitudes and silly clothes) They are evil because they exploit the poor by selling them crap they don't need. They profit from peoples fears.

The third guy is evil because he wants to ignore the old woman and be like the first two guys. He is a wanna-be. He is the guy who kills because he was just following orders.

The old woman brought children into the world without being able to support them. Control your urges, welfare woman. Teach by example.

The kids?....well, we all know, kids are just problems waiting to happen.

The other people ( the ones with their backs turned ) are cool. They are making good natured jokes about D and Saxons mothers. I really think they have been hitting the rum.

When old dudes attack dept.
Guest-Lotus :D

Ignore the avatar behind the curtain.

Well , it's like the Internet , where men are men , women are men , and the children are FBI agents ! :D
Guyron

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject:  

D-Lotus wrote: Hmmm, I mean how do you get it from your saved images... Oh well, back to writing ( I haven't done this for two days).

Enjoy this picture:

I don't know what it is, i typed evil people in google...

The image is actually taken from a site found on Google . And about typing anything in Google , try to type murderers and see what you get !:D
D-Lotus

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject:  

Guyron, do you mean that picture of Bush? Answer in the next chapter. Enough fooling, new chapter is up, one hour from the time I write this at the most.

Storygames Home -> InterFable Stories - Bushido - COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1