Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Avarice chapter 7 - Ascent.
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Avarice - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chinaren

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Avarice chapter 7 - Ascent.  

deleted
algu95

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject:  

Wel, i suggest getting into somwhere above them, cutting through the floor quietly, and when Rendolf and his friends are reloading, cut through the rest of the floor (or ceiling for Rendolf) and rip their guts. Then he tries to get Draggons tribe to help him.

Nice to hear you're considering my challenge :)
Polokin

Location: It seems that I'm not physically capable of visiting a forum... damnit!

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject:  

Well, the chances are higher than Rendolf is going to kill Smur than Daggon's tribe, so I'd go for helping them.
Chinaren

Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject:  

Ah, but any ideas how?

Algu, there is no way to get up to the next level (unless it's behind the steel door) so I'm afraid that's not really going to work.

Remember people, physically he is not strong. He no longer has his firestick either, so it's back to cunning...
Polokin

Location: It seems that I'm not physically capable of visiting a forum... damnit!

Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject:  

Somehow get someone from Daggon's group's attention, and try hand-signalling to them to attack Rendolf while Smur jumps out and distracts him?

After saying it, it doesn't seem like a good idea as I had thought.
D-Lotus

Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject:  

This is not only the story of post-apocalypsis, but also one of the fallen hero. I mean, it is fitting, since the world has fallen.

Part of the fallen hero's story is his rebirth. China, I recommend you think this through- I would say he has to go through some kind of trial in order to save his daughter (like right now, except he has to sacrifice something else dear to him, etc...). It would also be cool if at the same time he is reborn, the world is reborn as well. Nobody expects him to be the true hero...

Anyway, as for what to do right now:

Quote: Before he had become the monster he was today, he had been something of a master at the art of the thrown knife.

Well, it seems he needs to use his knife-throwing skills. If he can kill Rendolf with one throw, then the other two guards, leaderless, will surrender. Or, he can kill Rendolf and bluff by hiding and telling them he will kill them too if they don't surrender. In any case, once he kills Rendolf, things are bound to be easier for Draggon's tribe, with whom he must seek help from (without trusting them too much).
algu95

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject:  

Right, ok chinaren, but i wasen't really memorizing wich floors he got to and from.

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject:  

I like D-lotus's idea. Take out the leader! Maybe have him pretend to help Rendolf then when he's not looking stab him, slit his throat.... you get the idea?
Firery-Death-To-All

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject:  

Anonymous wrote: I like D-lotus's idea. Take out the leader! Maybe have him pretend to help Rendolf then when he's not looking stab him, slit his throat.... you get the idea?
That was me! I thought I was logged in! There you go, my idea.
CunningFox

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject:  

I say try and help Draggon, but how I am not sure .
Chinaren

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject:  

Thanks for the suggestions so far all, they are duly noted.

The only problem with the knife throwing is that whilst he is good, Rendolf is behind a barricade, and there is no guarantee he will kill him. In the meantime, he willl be left weaponless.

Also, even if Rendolf is killed, the others aren't likely to just give up, that's not how they work. Remember too, the Shaman is there, and he has influence too.

Also, whilst possible, it's not going to be very likely that Rendolf accepts any 'help' from Smur. They are old and bitter enemies*. Even if he does, Rendolf won't suffer Smur to have a knife whilst near him.

It's a tough one this DP. Keep on going though! All ideas are welcome. :D

[Edit] I'll put up a poll tomorrow, so anymore ideas, get them in quick!

*The whole story here will come out in time, but this has already been hinted at.
Lilith

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject:  

Finally... just caught back up Chinaren. hmm... what if Smur makes a trail of bodies leading the Shades to Rendolf? Or would that be too complex?

And getting Draggon's attention might just pissed her off and she might shoot him herself.

Same thing with Rendolf.

Maybe there's something on the lower floors he just passed that he can use to get to the door? Or he can go on the floor below and cut the ceiling into the room.. a kind of reversal of algu95's idea. and when smur opens the door, he smacks Rendolf in the head and regains his firestick and swipes Rendolf's as well.

:)
Chinaren

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject:  

Right, poll is up. Raise the foul undead monster of voting.
OldJoe

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject:  

Ah voted fer the same as everyone else. I reckon it's a winner.
DELETED

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject:  

DELETED
Chinaren

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject:  

K then, there looks to be a fairly clear winner on this, and I've started the next chapter, so poll is closing.

Next chapter hopefully up soon. :D

Storygames Home -> Avarice - COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1