Free online storygaming

Tournament Pairups
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Arena
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Tournament Pairups  

Here are the tournament pair-ups:

Match 1: Chinaren vs. bookwizerd - Chinaren wins by forfeit!
Match 2: Smee vs. tramp in a storm - Smee wins! (Game 98)
Match 3: Meranos vs. Phang - Phang wins by forfeit!
Match 4: Cyberworm vs. lordofthenight - lordofthenight wins! (Game 94)

Semi-final 1: Chinaren vs. Smee - Chinaren wins by forfeit!
Semi-final 2: Phang vs. lordofthenight - lordofthenight wins by forfeit!

Final: Chinaren vs. lordofthenight - lordofthenight wins! (Game 137)

The winner of the Final gets 500 fables and the title "Arena Champion I", and the loser gets 250.

Questions? Post 'em here!

:-)
Crossfire

Location: Somewhere between here and not-here, now and not-now... in the half-light, the borderlands, between.

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject:  

The most pressing one is of course, WHEN WILL THERE BE ANOTHER ONE! :D

I would definitely have... well, at least regretted leaving if I had known that something like that would've happened! :shock:
Chinaren

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject:  

Well Cross, I haven't seen Bookwizard in some time, so maybe he's fallen out. Perhaps you could take his place.

I would suggest to Key that he allows us to arrange our own first round games with people who are in the comp, rather than the set pairings, so perhaps we can actually get some games played!
Key

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject:  

Well, we've got one match scheduled for 8pm GMT tomorrow between Lordy and Cyberworm. But so far, I've heard nothing from anyone else in awhile except Chinaren.

So let's give a deadline: Phang, Meranos, tramp, Smee, and bookwizerd, PM me within the next 48 hours if you are still interested in playing. Whoever I don't hear from forfeits their spot, and if there's an empty place, Crossfire can take it.

Once we know who's still in, we can figure out the best way to get the games played.

:-)
Key

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject:  

OK, our first tournament match is complete! Lordy's evil cavalry outfoxed Cyberworm's hardy and highly poisonous troops. You can see the action here - go to game 94.

Congratulations to Lordy who now advances to the semifinals.

:gun:
Key

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject:  

We have had our second tournament match! Smee's troops led by the monstrous hydra swallowed up tramp in a storm's horse and sea serpent combo. You can see the action in our history page, game 98.

Congratulations to Smee who now advances to the semifinals.

Due to the unavailability of their opponents, Phang and Chinaren have won their first round matches by forfeit. So that means tournament Round 1 is complete, and we move to the semifinals.
Smee and Chinaren will face off in one match, and Phang and Lordy in the other. May the best army win!

D-Lotus

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject:  

Wait, by forfeit, really? Can I play if there are any more forfeits (as in, replace whoever seems to be about to forfeit)?
Key

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject:  

Well, all the players in the semis are active, so I don't think we'll have any more. But we'll do Arena tournament II soon after we finish this one - Crossfire was wanting to play as well.
Chinaren

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject:  

Hurrah, I won!

I currently have a bit of a problem with timing due to sudden insurgent of RL commitments and other things, but I'll try and arrange a time with Smee to play this game.
Key

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject:  

All right, it's been a week and I've heard nothing of the semis. Better get moving, people, or I'll start declaring forfeits again!

:x
Key

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject:  

The tournament is complete! Congratulations to lordofthenight, our Arena Champion I, who bested Chinaren in a dramatic, long and bitterly fought final match (well, actually it was short and involved no combat at all, but it was dramatic all the same!) :duel: The match is game 137 on our history page if you'd care to check it out.

Lordy will receive the 500 fable first prize and the title of Arena Champion I. Chinaren, who navigated his way to the finals with the benefit of two opponent forfeits, will receive the second prize of 250 fables and the honorary title of Scariest Monster, on account of the fact that no opponent was ever brave enough to engage him in combat.

Thanks one and all to everyone who participated in our somewhat drawn out but ultimately successful Arena tourney!

Crossfire

Location: Somewhere between here and not-here, now and not-now... in the half-light, the borderlands, between.

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject:  

Yay!

Well, despite everyone being too frightened of Chinaren to play him, this was really successful!

When the next tournament begins, sign me up!

Yay!

*resolves to use less exclamation marks in the future and wanders off, mumbling to itself*
D-Lotus

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject:  

Lordy only played 2 games, but he still deserved it. He truly is the Arena King. I was a witness of the final, and I have to say Chinaren wasn't much of a scary monster. He was pretty meek and easily gave up. :shock:

Anyway, glad there will be a new tournament soon! Maybe this time I can surprise everyone! :cool:

Storygames Home -> Arena
Page 1 of 1