Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

The City!
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> The City!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chinaren

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: The City!  

Amichan

Location: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject:  

Welcome to a Map Layout of City of Interfable or IF

This map is give you an idea of where everything is located as well as create an opportuniy for Ifians to claim a Piece of IF as their own.

While there has been talk of Making a personal if page. This may lead to that kind of opportunity as well as allowing Major SG's to get more noteriety than what they are currently receiving.

I will be adding a sections for The New areas as soon as i can understand the layout more

As for personal If pages (outside the Normal Profile ) they will be available in due time but will be at a cost as permits will be avialable in the Shop once the shop opens.

Please note that if you purchase a Plot i do require a 20X20 icon for your plot or i will furnish a generic icon free of cost

Some plots are not available, or reserved for special customers.

Permit Prices:

Basic Plot: 450Fables

Premium plot: 1,250Fables

RP Area Plot: 1,200 Stratagems

Any Plot in the major Districts ( this will also include a Forum for it Request for the forum has to be approved by the Mayor ) 1000Fables

CCenter business plot: 2,000

**Note!! Please pay the city treasury, and PM Kang when done **
Thunderbird

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject:  

We have new districts now... hmm... any way to update that?
Amichan

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject:  

If i can get the iocns for those districts and the Urls for them i can assign them a location in the map i plan on expanding the map when i have the chance
Thunderbird

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject:  

I've also felt, looking at this map, that each purchaseable plot should be connected to a road somehow - while we're doing cleanup, might as well address that.
Amichan

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject:  

I will have to look at the encoding more closely and see what i can do over this next week to get it look a bit more organized
Amichan

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject:  

Another idea i am throwing around is making places on the map for guild halls if anyone is interested let me know as i will try to add those as they are requested
Thunderbird

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject:  

Great idea - I assume if you try to enter a guild you're not in you'd be turned away... lol
Amichan

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject:  

I think it will vary on the privacy settings of the group/ guild
Kalyssa Summers

Location: RL: NJ, USA | Starving Peasant for Posts in City of IF *Reaches for your Story Hungrily*

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject:  

Kang wrote: I will have to look at the encoding more closely and see what i can do over this next week to get it look a bit more organized

Love!!
Thunderbird

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject:  

I was also wondering... does anyone think it would be of value to enhance the graphic quality of the plots? They seem small and... I dunno... cheap maybe... to me. Just allowing for a bigger plot map (perhaps with scrollbars) could help. It'd also be nice to see plots purchased via the shops but that's something I'm not sure how to get interacting yet (I could also generate 3d building images - would take some time - that could be purchased for plots if anyone thinks that'd be a good idea down the line.)
Kalyssa Summers

Location: RL: NJ, USA | Starving Peasant for Posts in City of IF *Reaches for your Story Hungrily*

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject:  

Thunderbird wrote: I was also wondering... does anyone think it would be of value to enhance the graphic quality of the plots? They seem small and... I dunno... cheap maybe... to me. Just allowing for a bigger plot map (perhaps with scrollbars) could help. It'd also be nice to see plots purchased via the shops but that's something I'm not sure how to get interacting yet (I could also generate 3d building images - would take some time - that could be purchased for plots if anyone thinks that'd be a good idea down the line.)

I was also thinking along similar lines, if the newbie may be so bold to say.

I was thinking maybe a realistic 2D map, at the very least, perhaps using a DnD map generator and then customizing it in Gimp or whatever, imbedding the icons of each member, though admittedly I'm unsure of how to make such a map interactive (maybe the map could be background and the icons are interactive?...dunno...). Any case, this will also allow for your roads idea Thunderbird.

Found a map generator, kudos the GameCreators.com forum:

http://www.smart-page.net/smartnormal/fl10.htm
Amichan

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject:  

Both interesting ideas . i will have a proposal to what i would like to do with the map later on this week and others are free to chim in as well.. proposals inclue where to set up each district and other geographical features as well
Amichan

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject:  

The current City layout i have backed up in case during the modifications it gets messed up to where i cant recover it. here are some of the proposals i have.

Moving the FF out away from the city to make it an actual forest
-down sizing some of the district sizes on the map .
-Expanding the map to allow more spaces
- running more roads to make it more like a city ( per t birds request)
-adding the new districts ( those district heads will need to get with me so we can determine where you want your distrticts at ..
-using the district icons to indicate specialty plots within those districts
- making a steam that comes off of the IFOF river to set up an island in the center of the city for innovation isle

these are just some ideas if you have more suggestions feel free to post them here
Thunderbird

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject:  

I like what you have so far... My time is pressed in aiding with graphics for now but I'd like to help there eventually.
Amichan

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject:  

dont fel too bad i am limited on my time as i can get 90 mins max 6 of 7 days until i can get my hands on laptop my progress is going to be very limited sadly
Amichan

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject:  

Hak has responded and the plot assigned to Hak is safe
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject:  

Ummm, please don't eliminate anybody's plots, or worry people that their plots may be 'safe' or 'unsafe'. There is no point, because it's not like we're pushed for space. You're making the grid bigger anyway, aren't you? It is also unfair, because they are all bought and paid for. Please confirm you will not eliminate any existing plots.
Kalyssa Summers

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject:  

May I ask where the forest is? In time (as soon as I've got enough Fables for both a residence and savings) I'd be interested in a residential plot along the Forest. Its not clearly labeled...is where Smee is the Forest?
Lebrenth

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject:  

Kang wrote: Hak has responded and the plot assigned to Hak is safe

Lebrenth uses his too. Lebrenth wants his plot safe.
Amichan

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject:  

Lebrenth wrote: Kang wrote: Hak has responded and the plot assigned to Hak is safe

Lebrenth uses his too. Lebrenth wants his plot safe.

I was pretty sure i had yours covered but as it stands all plots that have been Already purchased are going to stay
Amichan

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Map Rehash  

over the next week or so i am going to try to see what i can do to try and update the City map. I will do what i can to try and assure that all the plots that were already owned will be maintained.

i will make a seperate post outlining what i hope to do and will allow for some feedback and suggestions on it.
Lebrenth

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:01 am    Post subject: City stuff  

I still think it's a cool idea, but it's not getting a lot of play right now. As long as the posts aren't deleted, I suppose something else could be done with them.
Chinaren

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject:  

If I remember correctly this map is an array in some kind of basic html code. I think, doing it this way, that this was the maximum size that it would do without blowing up IF.

It was done this way 'cos it was the easiest* and fastest way I could think of, without learning some other method. Also not too hard to update with plots. Also you can click on the plots and it will take you to that map 'location' in the forum.

I thought of doing some picture as a map with a kind of 'roll over' command, but it would have been harder to update the image used as the map, and I'd have had to re-upload it every time.

'preciate that no one probably cares anymore, but thought I'd explain a bit. At least, as far as I can remember. Was some years ago now. :shock:

*I'm lazy, so sue me.

Storygames Home -> The City!
Page 1 of 1