Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Special Awards!
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> IFY Awards 2007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Special Awards!  

Finally, we come to the category of Special Awards.

These were not voted for, and are one off IFYs awarded for special contributions to IF - recognising the time, effort, goodwill and sometimes sheer audacity of these notable individuals, who have helped define the characteristics and spirit of IF as it is right now.

Our first Special Award goes to an IFian without whom, IF would be nothing. Literally. We spend thousands, nay, millions of hours hanging around on the site, writing, commenting, playing, chatting, debating, amongst numerous other unmentionable activities, and without this individual, this would be impossible.

This year, with the help of Chinaren, this person has been working quietly away on a secret project. In September, he revealed ARENA, which has proved to be a hit among our game playing IFians.

It gives me great pleasure to be able to present the Tech Head of the Year Award to....

our benevolant King.... His Majestic Highness - KEY!
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject:  

Our second special award goes to a Storygame that has truly made a mark on IF. This Storygame took immense preparation by the Author, and has brought an amazing response by the IFian community. Huge amounts of fables have been exchanged for IFians to have the chance to design their own character. This project is enormous compared to other storygames. The attention to detail the author has gone to, ensuring the characteristics designed by each character's owner is second to none. The consistently high standard of writing keeps people reading even when their own character is not involved.

The involvement in this storygame goes beyond the DP and vote. It allows IFians to role play their own characters, even influencing the dialogue for future chapters. Public characters are available too for anyone to play.

This Storygame involves IFians in so many different ways, from simply reading and voting, to helping run the project. This is a well thought out endeavor, and is worthy of recognition.

The Special Award for Most Involving Storygame goes to.... Superhuman by Zephyr!
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject:  

The next award goes to an IFian who set up an enterprise for which he ruthlessly ensnared a huge number of IFians with a very clever advertising campaign.

He then locked them in a hellish dungeon and offered them fables to help him do a very dirty job. They willingly accepted, relinquishing their former identities to take on names like Mrs. Butterworth, Roger Stiffbuttocks, The Skeptic Acolyte, among numerous others.

This enterprise has thrown down the gauntlet to the Authors of IF. Backed by his team of Critics from Hell, this individual will rip through your SG and hit where it hurts. Aiming to stretch us to the limits and augment the quality of writing in IF, this IFian pulls no punches.

The way in which he enlisted his critics and delivers his own, detailed and thorough critiques are beyond doubt, the most ruthless activities seen in IF for as long as many IFians can remember!

These hard hitting critiques benefit the authors by bringing new readers to the storygames, and showing where the real cracks are. And they are a great read!

Therefore the Special Award for Ruthlessness goes to Lebrenth for his enterprise - Critics From Hell!
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject:  

And now on to some more light hearted, but nonetheless important recognition awards!

Next up on our list is a very special Award. This individual led IF as Mayor for 6 months, and all was well with the world. But then he was lost to World of Warcraft, along with a number of other IFians, and there was much howling and gnashing of teeth left in their wake.

However, when many thought they would never see him again, he burst back into IF, and did some impressive catch up work to play the storygames running at the moment. Then he hit us with a brand new storygame, which has been nominated for SGOTM! With promises that he'll be back more permanently in the future, this IFian deserves recognition for perhaps being the first to have kicked the habit. :D

The WarCrack Award for Best Comeback goes to.... Smee!
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject:  

Next on our list of special honours is one of the longest running Storygames on IF. Having just recently celebrated its second birthday, this storygame has become well known for the long waits between chapters.

Five months we had to wait for the Yellow Auclid Root! And then all of a sudden the chapters start coming one after the other! The fact that this has stood the test of time and long breaks, and is still getting new readers, is a credit to the Author behind this work. The most recent chapter had comments and votes from seven people, which goes to show how good and popular this Storygame is, and that the plot is strong and memorable.

For making us wait such a bloody long time (but worth every minute!) this very special award goes to...

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi by Lordofthenight!

(and don't make it so long next time!) :P
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject:  

Last but not least, we have a special award for a Citizen who has really put his mark on IF. Nobody has the style or the nerve quite like he does to tout his wares and storygames, slipping plugs into his posts whilst nobody's looking, displaying icons in his signature like a row of medals, and dominating the Shameless Advertising thread. Bill Board certainly has a thing or two to learn from this IFian!

Where would we be without this individual's innovative and sometimes crazy enterprises, his exciting competitions, his entertaining storygames, his IFQuirer editorials and his engaging adverts?

This award is not just about the advertising (but just couldn't pass up this cool pic, sorry!) ;) . It's about the great quality of the activities he keeps dreaming up that helps keep IF rolling. :D

The Most Shameless Advertiser Award goes to.... Chinaren!
DELETED

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject:  

DELETED
D-Lotus

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject:  

These awards are by far the most ridiculous awards I have ever seen.

But still, I'm jealous. :P

Congrats to everyone! The IFys rock!
Key

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject:  

Thank you, thank you, one and all! Congratulations to all the award winners, and a special thanks to our illustrious green Mayor who has made this all possible. Three cheers for Crunchyfrog!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

It's been wonderful to see the City grow from the tiny outpost I founded some years ago to this bustling city with a history and character all its own. I am very happy to see it provide a place of fun and camaraderie for so many.

I'm not around the City as much of some of you these days, but I hope to be coming more frequently soon. In fact, whilst I have your attention, this is as good a time as any to make an announcement:

An old grove in the Fantasy Forest will soon come alive again....

Announcing the return of...

the Wheel!

Within a month or two, I will continue the Wheel saga with a new Wheel storygame.

:-)
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject:  

*gasps*

Woo! The Wheel is returning!

It's been some time since the last Wheel story, as I recall, but I do hope all the newbs get into it as much as I did. It was what got me into If. Ah, the memories. *sniff*
Mephistopheles

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject:  

I just want to say congrats to all the IFy winners. You have all put a tremendous amount of effort into your works, your contributions. All of your efforts should be applauded.

:clap:
Chinaren

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject:  

Hurrah! I wona thingy! Better get the vodka out to go with that juice!

Well done all! And thank-you to our Green Mayor for all the work she's done!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'd have done an IFy for her if I hadn't been bogged down in RL of late. Sorry CF, next time! ;)

Storygames Home -> IFY Awards 2007
Page 1 of 1