Chapter 10 Vote
Click here to go to the original topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Storygames Home -> The Wheel - The Ram
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Chapter 10 Vote  

Chapter 10 voting is up!

The choices above have been created from suggestions to the previous chapter (click the previous chapter link to read the chapter and comments).

This poll will be up for 1-2 weeks. At the end of that time, the choice that has the most votes will become the basis for chapter 11.

Anyone is welcome to vote, although you must be registered and logged in. You can only vote on each poll once. Feel free to discuss the choices or try to sway people to vote one way or the other.
Mordok

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject:  

Guess what I voted? :twisted:
Reiso

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject:  

Hot damn! I overlook this story for a week or two and the best stuff happens.

Can I just say I fricken told you all so about the Merking?

Stunning work in that last chapter keavney, you remind us all what Interfable is all about. I will go with Mordok and make everyone guess which one of us picked which option - should be entertaining.

By the way Ravenwing, if you think 2 AM is late (referencing your post from last chapter here), my usual bedtime is somewhere around 5 AM. I think the older you get, the later late gets. But I gotta stop getting up at 8.
D-Lotus

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject:  

Well, I don't think Keavney got the right idea of what I had suggested, but now it's too late. I voted for the last option since what I had suggested wasn't right.
Key

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject:  

What was different about what you suggested, D?
Ravenwing

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject:  

Hmm. What to do? I say ask the merking's son to help you, and use him as a hostage, if he does not agree.

Reiso, I will keep that in mind. :D
D-Lotus

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject:  

Well, what I said included the last two options too :cry: . I also seemed to miss the word "ask" before I voted, which changes the meaning a lot. Also, if he goes anywhere with them, he will be revealing his existence anyway...
Key

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject:  

Yes, I understand what you're saying, that what you want to do isn't exactly captured by any one of the five by themselves. Unfortunately, it's impossible to come up with a reasonable-sized set of options that capture every combination. The only thing I can suggest is what you did: pick the closest.
D-Lotus

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject:  

I'm turning out to be quite the complainer lately...
Ravenwing

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject:  

A tie between the last two options. Someone break the tie, or else the next chapter is going to be interesting.

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject:  

i say u go witj the 3rd one
D-Lotus

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject:  

Well, whatever you guys pick, he's still going to reveal his existance the moment he leaves the island.
Ravenwing

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject:  

You're right D. The guy is probably likely to reveal himself. This is going to be interesting.

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject:  

who am i?
Ravenwing

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject:  

Someone from the bowels of Hell.
D-Lotus

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject:  

My evil twin brother or... MORDOK :shock: :shock: :shock:
Reiso

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject:  

Anonymous wrote: who am i?

24601?

I wonder if anyone will get that . . .
D-Lotus

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject:  

Is it some movie in which some guy says:
Who am I?
And then the other guy says that wierd number?
Smee

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject:  

It's from 'Les Mis' I think
Reiso

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject:  

Yep, it was Jean ValJean's prison ID number. In the musical version, there is a song he sings where he asks "who am I?" to open each verse, and in the last one he follows it with 24601 to sorta signify that he can't escape the past and will reveal himself to save someone that is being executed because he is thought to be him.

- Run on sentence that is used to explain an obscure reference because he is too lazy to break up all his points into individual sentences since that would take forever anyway Dept.
D-Lotus

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject:  

ok......
Ravenwing

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject:  

Oh I remember Le Mis. I heard a soundtrack of the show. Really beautiful. I wish my school would do it for the next winter musical, but I doubt it. The headmistress would probably throw a fit about because it has to do with criminals and prostitutes, and also the cost for the set would probably be added to her list of reasons we should NOT do it. Oh well, the music is beautiful enough for me.
D-Lotus

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject:  

I just watched singing in the rain, and decided I don't like musicals too much...
Reiso

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject:  

D-Lotus, I didn't care for Singing In the Rain either, but that's a movie musical, not a stage musical. You should try catching an actual stage production of Les Miserables, Cats, or Fiddler on the Roof (also an excellent movie in this case), before making up your mind. I didn't think I would care for them either, and a lot of people don't have the patience for them, but I think aside from having addictively incredible music in them, they are all very excellent stories with well drawn characters and moving drama that any writer can learn from.
D-Lotus

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject:  

I've seen Le Miserables.....I actually stood through all 3 or 15 hours of it... :lol: It wasn't that good though....
Smee

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:07 am    Post subject:  

I watched Les Mis the show, whilst in New York. It was very good, but then again, I enjoy films The Sound of Music, and Chitty, Chitty, Bang Bang.
D-Lotus

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject:  

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? Smee.....you've gone too far.....
Ravenwing

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject:  

Hey I like Singing in the Rain, and Sound of Music. I only saw half of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. It was really really strange. Anyone seen Chicago, the movie. Thats another one I like. And my school did a really great version of Kiss Me Kate two years ago and Music Man the year before. You gotta love (imo).
D-Lotus

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject:  

You liked singing in the rain?????? ummm...ok
Ravenwing

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject:  

You can think what you like. Even though I can't sing and dance at the same time (am a total klutz with coordination), I like watching it.
Reiso

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject:  

I know what you mean Ravenwing, I have two left feet and would make quite spectacle if I ever tried to dance. When I got serious about writing songs, it also took me several months to get the hang of singing and playing at the same time, which still gives me trouble on occassion.
Ravenwing

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject:  

I wish I could sing and play an instrument. But unfortunately I don't have the patience to practice an instrument. I think I went through 3 or 4 different instruments before my mother figured out that I have no talent with instruments. I played piano for 4 years (that was torture), clarinet (two weeks), saxophone (two months), and violin (1 year). It wasn't in that order, but you probably get the gist of my meaning. I like to sing in choir thats fine, but anything else musical, HA! So can not do it.
D-Lotus

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject:  

I've never even been serious about any instrument, although everybody says I have a good voice, even my choir teacher (no I don't go to choir anymore).
Reiso

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject:  

Well, there is a school of thought that the voice is an instrument in it's own way. A good voice is a shame to waste, so even if you never really go anywhere with it, sing just for fun. That's what I say.
Ravenwing

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject:  

This is an interesting conversation. First we start with the mention of musicals. D says he hates musicals. People defend some really good musicals. And then we get into this conversation about who can play instrument or do anything musical. Thats a really interesting transition.
Muaddib

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject:  

please put up the next chapter up fast keavney...its awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Key

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject:  

Thanks! I'm waiting for someone to break the tie...
Reiso

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject:  

Ravenwing wrote: You this is an interesting conversation. First we start with the mention of musicals. D says he hates musicals. People defend some really good musicals. And then we get into this conversation about who can play instrument or do anything musical. Thats a really interesting transition.

Good point Ravenwing, I think collectively we can all make anything about anything else if we have at it long enough. I'm getting to the point where I can't even remember where certain posts I've made are because they have nothing to do with the topic. Sorta like that Kevin Bacon game . . . how many steps are needed to connect Jello Pudding to Buzz Aldrin.

Just a reassurance here for keavney;

We remember The Ram! Honest!

Freedom without compromise!!

(Hey, isn't there a Don Quijote musical anyway, D?)
Random

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject:  

I think you are referring to "Man of La Mancha" Reiso. One of those shows that is either really well done, or it isn't.

Random fact for you, if anyone remembers the show Quantum Leap the cast did Man of La Mancha for the taping of an episode. From all I've read if Scott Bakula had gone the route of Broadway he would have been a huge success there as well. He actually sang all the songs and basically had to memorize two scripts at once.

Uhmmmm... I now return you to your regurlarly scheduled off topic discussion. :)
Ravenwing

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject:  

Oh whoops. Yea...freedom without compromise. I remember that. :lol:

Storygames Home -> The Wheel - The Ram Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2