Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Translator
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> IF Technical Institute and FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bookwizard

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Translator  

If you have anything that you would like to translate into any langege, post it here, and I will translate it :D

english: I cant speak chinese

chinese: 我傾斜講中文
Chinaren

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject:  

Go on then, how do you say that? ;)
Phang

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject:  

Multibabel is better.

That mine is interested the Chinese of the broad speech.
Bookwizard

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject:  

phang:
Multibabel 是更好。

那个矿感兴趣宽广的演讲的中国人。
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject:  

Cornish gaelic. Betcha can't do Cornish gaelic. :D
Bookwizard

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject:  

Is that Irish... because i know that gaelic is irish, and no i cant, but i also cant do islandic :lol:

for those who do not speak nerd... thats the hardest language to learn on record
Phang

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject:  

*face-o slappo malabappo*

I did the Multibabelling myself, Wizz. As a joke. In case you're not sure - it's the bit that doesn't make sense.
Bookwizard

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject:  

muy divertida, la dosis cualquier persona que habla espaŇol tiene tan
cualquier cosa que Čl desea traducir.
Fats_Masterson

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject:  

I've always want to know what, and forgive my speeling please,

"Deflagrate muri tempi et intervalia,"

latin for sure, but what does it mean??

**Bonus** 100 Fables to the first person to PM me where I got the quote from!!
Bookwizard

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject:  

Wait, Wait, Wait what in the world are you talking about... I tried to translate it and it was not latin or spanish or anything else, and what in the world do you mean you'll give a hundred fables for whoever finds the quote... what quote.... I don't see any.
Mother Goose

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject:  

It looks like "Destroy walls, times and spaces!" to me, but I can't quite get the cases and I have no idea where the quote comes from.
Mephistopheles

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject:  

burn down the walls of time and space
Cyberworm

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:02 am    Post subject:  

That's from a cartoon that played some time ago here! I really liked the animation and there was something that drawn me to watch it every Saturday and Sunday morning...

I'll remember it in a minute.

Got it! Gargoyles! It was something they've said before making a mess in the past. It was a really good episode. You watch Gargoyles, Fats? :shock:
Bookwizard

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject:  

Ok sorry people but this is a translator, not a chat room, all posts past this point have to be relative to translations. :off:
Phang

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject:  

bookwizard wrote: Ok sorry people but this is a translator, not a chat room, all posts past this point have to be relative to translations. :off:

Kyakyak! What happened to when you seemed to translate everything posted on here?
Bookwizard

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject:  

Before I translate some thing you must do the following

translate this:____________________________________________________

And I will translate it, sorry if I did not specify that clearly enough.
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject:  

Does it work in reverse? Can you translate, for example, Latin into English?

Try this one:

si Epaphroditus nos conspexerit, te interficiet.
solus.serpen

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject:  

Is this a test for bookwizard only or can anyone translate it for you?
;)

~Solus
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject:  

No, you'll know it, so it's only for bw. Although it does contain something quite far on in Book 4, so you might not get that bit.
Bookwizard

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject:  

What do you meant, far into book 4, am I missing something here :confused:

And yes I can translate it, but epaphroditus and conspexerit are spelled wrong, so the best I could get is:

if you wish ___________ we ___________, you to kill
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject:  

Wrong. It's

If Epapaphroditus sees us, he will kill you.

About the only words you got right were 'si' and 'te'. Oh, and the thing about book 4 is that we're both working from the same Latin course but she's a year behind me.

By the way sols, I'm taking both Latin and Greek next year.
Bookwizard

Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject:  

I see, but you do know there are different ways of interpreting latin, and you are taking a latin course, I have always wanted to take latin myself, I suppose I just never found the time, maybe you should start up a class here in the technical institute ;)
tramp in a storm

Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject:  

bookwizard wrote: Is that Irish... because i know that gaelic is irish, and no i cant, but i also cant do islandic :lol:

for those who do not speak nerd... thats the hardest language to learn on record

I'm sorry to take it that far back...but don't tempt me, man! do NOT tempt me! You never know how far a Tramp will go just for the fun of it. :-D

while I'm at it... translate this: Sanjao sam moju ruzicu. From Croatian into English.

:lol: I'm only giving you this one 'cos I had to change sanjao to something else when putting it through a translator. heheh!

And Cyb, no helping! lol!

Oh! On the topic of translating... does anyone know a computer program I could use to add subtitles to something? apart from Window Movie Maker. I need to put the subtitles at the top of the screen at certain bits 'cos the credits get in the way. Thanks :D
Bookwizard

Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject:  

Well again I had great trouble in the translation, when I set this up, I was more thinking of common languages, but I will always accept a challenge, even if I miserably fail :lol:.

The best that I could get was Sanjao unattended moju ruzicu.
Jalorn

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject:  

Book, changing the words to English doesn't correctly translate. You have to understand that Latin is formatted VERY differently than English, so in order to translate, you must first do what you have done, but then change it so that it makes sense in English. Just swapping the words isn't enough. Ex: most languages use adjectives AFTER nouns. We do not. (that is a big rock: that is a rock, big.)
tramp in a storm

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject:  

lol BW! I'll give you a little helping hand 'cos Cro is the hardest language that I know to find ANYTHING for. I'll give you three translators.

This one I think is the best: http://taktikanova.eu/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=173

This one is the next best one: http://www.eudict.com/?lang=croeng&word=san

and finally the one I've had many arguements with: http://www.tranexp.com:2000/InterTran?url=http%3A%2F%2F&type=text&text=pjesme&from=cro&to=eng

:D try changing Sanjao to San. I can't remember how I got from sanjao to san, but it gives you the right answer :D
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject:  

Jalorn wrote: Book, changing the words to English doesn't correctly translate. You have to understand that Latin is formatted VERY differently than English, so in order to translate, you must first do what you have done, but then change it so that it makes sense in English. Just swapping the words isn't enough. Ex: most languages use adjectives AFTER nouns. We do not. (that is a big rock: that is a rock, big.)

Yes. The most literal translation of that piece of Latin there is 'If Epaphroditus us he sees, you he will kill'
solus.serpen

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject:  

(
Quote: No, you'll know it, so it's only for bw. Although it does contain something quite far on in Book 4, so you might not get that bit.
Quote: Oh, and the thing about book 4 is that we're both working from the same Latin course but she's a year behind me.
By the way sols, I'm taking both Latin and Greek next year.

Humm, I've actually caught up to you now. :D Thing is with my teacher is that she doesn't particularly care for the stories much. So we're supposed to be learning a very long GCSE latin vocab list and concentrating on the grammer. Since we spend nearly all of our lessons talking about how our teacher is going to take over the world though I'm surprised we've actually got anywhere. ;)
(By caught up, we're about to scrap book 4 and move onto GCSE set translations).

Ah - you're taking Ancient Greek for GCSE (I thought you were taking it now?)? I just got given the GCSE vocab list for Greek on Friday. It's as long as the latin one, which is about, um, wait a min while I check...17-18 A4 pages. )

Humm - trying to get a little more on-topic, Tramp, I've got 'Photo Story 3 for Windows' on my computer and I think that does subtitles although it's been a while since I used it. What do you need to put subtitles on anyway, just out of interest?

~Solus :)
Bookwizard

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject:  

Jalorn, no offense but do you take me for some kind of ideate, yes I know that are language has a much different structure then the rest of the languages in the world. In my opinion it is one of the most pointless and annoying languages there is... but that is besides the point. Yes I know that I must reposition the words, and if it seemed that I did not, I don't really blame you now that I think about it seeing as I have been a bit lazy in previous translations, but I will be careful in the future, how about that.

Storygames Home -> IF Technical Institute and FAQ
Page 1 of 1