Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

The Dark chapter 8. Time to Hit Back.
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> The Dark - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Dark

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: The Dark chapter 8. Time to Hit Back.  

Warning! The following story often contains large amounts of profanity, needless violence and sexual scenes! If you are sensitive, do not read further!

Chapter 8.
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject:  

I'd say do a deal with Prime. Prime gave him the AI, and the AI is not up to this job. Now he has evidence that The Dark is indirectly linked to Shock, Prime may be more likely to give more assistance. I would expect that he'll ask Gloom to do a bit of dirty work for him whilst he's in there as a return favour, though.

:)
Mastermind

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject:  

If he meets with Prime it would probably be on Prime's premises, and he's got too good reasons to betray Gloom (like popularity) to be trusted right now. Also, even if he doesn't, he might simply chicken out and deny all connections with him.
A worker might do something stupid, like trusting the police with beeing efficient enough to save his family.

I say contact Greaser and his gang, but not in person, use the AI to commune with them over the net.
D-Lotus

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject:  

I'm an advocate of the 'do it yourself'. Gavin can't trust anyone now. He'll have to work his way in the old school James Bond kinda way. Find a weak spot and punch a hole through the roof or something. Otherwise, roughing up an employee, such as a janitor, in order to gain a key or something might be necessary.
CunningFox

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject:  

Does he have to get in there? It seems a bit risky to me. Maybe he can look elsewhere. Perhaps seek out Malice Shock himself or something, or perhaps its time to interrogate Farthing more, in teh subtle method Gloom has. ;)

If its how to get in though, do some scouting about first, then contact the Grease gang, but like Mastermind said, through a AI connection, then get them to guide him remotely inside.
Mephistopheles

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject:  

hmm, tough one Dark.

He needs info on what is going on inside, or he needs to get inside? Why not see if there are any trucks going in and out and hijack one. see what they are shipping. then ascertain if he really needs to get inside or not. If he does, well, perhaps he can pose as a driver or something, which would require some great plastic mask work and some ingenious way of getting past the guards that surely hang about the building.

Nicely done work, as always!
The Dark

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject:  

CunningFox wrote: Does he have to get in there? It seems a bit risky to me. Maybe he can look elsewhere. Perhaps seek out Malice Shock himself or something, or perhaps its time to interrogate Farthing more, in teh subtle method Gloom has. ;)

He does not have to go inside now if you readers vote that way. Other suggestions are welcome too.
Lilith

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject:  

Yet another well written chapter, Dark. My compliments on this demented, twisting tale ;)

Hrm... I'm going to have to f5 Messy on this one.. hijack a cargo truck to get in!
DELETED

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject:  

DELETED
Cyberworm

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject:  

Well done Dark, like always. :)

I'd say he clings under the truck. You know, like he hides in the sewers, under the shaft, and when he truck passes, quickly goes and grabs something under it to hold on. If they don't have any sensors, it should be fine.
Chinaren

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject:  

I say we go hi-tech. Contact the Greasers like MM said and have them guide him through remotely, William Gibson style in cyberspace.
The Dark

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject:  

Okay punks, I've been travelling, but now the poll's up, so go vote already.
CunningFox

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject:  

Id like to see this greaser fellow. With a name like that he sounds... greasy. ;)

Storygames Home -> The Dark - COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1