Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Vengeance Ch. 4 - Dirty Dealings
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Vengeance - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilith

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject:  

WARNING! THIS CHAPTER HAS STRONG LANGUAGE! NOT FOR THE ONES WITH PARENTS OVER THEIR SHOULDERS OR WHO HAVE NEVER, EVER HEARD A CURSE WORD IN THEIR LIFE!

A SIDE NOTE! THIS STORY IS BUILT ON THE SILLY RUMOURS AND THINGS THAT GO ON IN IF AND IN THE INN! IF, FOR ANY REASON, THE JOKE THAT IS MADE IN A CHAPTER ABOUT YOUR IFIAN PERSONA YOU CAN'T TAKE... THEN GET OVER IT AND DON'T READ THE STORY. THIS STARTED OFF AS FUN AND WILL REMAIN SO AS LONG AS I HAVE PEOPLE WHO ARE GOOD SPORTS WITH THEIR SENSES OF HUMOR!

Chapter 4: Dirty Dealings

Cyberworm spoke up first. “I’ll go look around Muddy’s district,.. See what info I can get outta there. Later peeps.” He sprinted away towards the darkened district, gaudy neon signs the only light on the streets.

Phang nodded to Plates and The Dark. “Follow him please... make sure he doesn’t get into any trouble. We’ve got enough problems without having IFians at each others throats.” Plates and The Dark both slipped off after Cyberworm, keeping to the shadows to make themselves less conspicuous.

Phang turned to the rest of her crew and shook her head at Sas and Storm while they drew a clown face on the snoring Mastermind, who had grown weary of searching and decided that the middle of the Open Forum was a splendid place for a nap. She turned her head and saw Whitey and Meanie sneaking off behind the bushes, for some reason, holding hands. Phang turned to the brick wall behind her and slammed her head into it several times, crumbling the bricks and leaving a significant dent in the wall. “I’m surrounded by idiots.”

“Quit hovering over my shoulder like that. You’re giving me the willies.”

“The Dark does not hover. It merely is.”

“Whatever.”

Player of Fates and The Dark were elbowing each other for a better view of the buxom blonde’s ass that Cyberworm had lured into a dark alley by waving a carefully folded wad of 5 note Fables, telling her they were 500 note Fables. They could hear pants, moans and squeals coming from the shadows. And they heard Cy asking a series of questions of the blonde, through panting breaths of his own.

“Have you seen or heard from the missing mods in the past few weeks?”

“No..”

“Do you know anyone that might have?”

“Uh... noooo”

“Are you sure?”

“Ummm....”

There was silence for a moment, and then.. “NO, DON’T DO THAT I’LL TELL YOU ”

“Good, start talking.”

“Uh, the boss, Muddy, he’s been talking to this person in a dark cloak a lot lately..”

“Keep talking.”

“... This person... keeps talking about revenge.. . lots.. Says that Jez and IM have been working nicely for him to overthrow IF.”

“Where is Muddy now?”

Silence for a moment, then Plates and Dark heard a loud moan that turned partially into a shriek tear through the air.

“The boss.... he’s uh.... on the third street over from here, seventh house on the left. Hey where’s my money?”

“Here.”

“5 FABLES!!! YOU SAID IT WAS 500!!! YOU BASTARD!!!”

Cyberworm came walking out from the alley, cool as a cucumber, smoothing his hair back, straightening his clothes out. Plates and Dark hung back for a moment or so, but the blonde never came out of the shadows and they had to move on before they lost Cy.

Cy went to the house as describing by the working blonde and rapped his knuckles smartly on the door.

Meanwhile, down below the surface of IF, through the miles and miles of endless sewers and dead-end bends, there was a small alcove containing a small little workbench full of beakers, phials, bubbling liquids over Bunsen burners, and two hard metal chairs. Each chair had an Ifian chained to it.

The one on the right was JezSharp, his white lab coat so stained and tattered it resembled a torn blanket dragged through a mudslide and he was currently dozing in his chair. In the left chair, Idea Master sat, his blue wizard’s robes hanging off him in shreds and his hat somewhat crushed on his head, his little spectacles’ lenses shattered out of the frames. He was dragging his index fingertip across the surface of the little workbench and doodling little pictures in the dust, humming the anthem of IF very quietly.

JezSharp snorted himself awake as a scuffing noise approached the “missing” moderators. “Who’s there?” He called out blearily, rubbing his eye, shaking his foot to rattle the chain on the shackle a bit.

“Now, now... is that anyway to greet the person who can get you out of here?” A voice said from beyond the shadow; the only thing visible was a set of cherry red lips which were pulled back into a smile.

“The med squad has Harley in isolation and under ICU in a quiet remote location. She is the original carrier of the infection... so the question is, how did it go from her to the rest of these?” Crunchyfrog was thinking out loud as she paced back and forth in her office, Lily, Solus, and Chinaren all watching her nervously. Crunchy’s eyes darted from the bottle on a shelf high on the far wall and then back to her desk where there was a mountain of papers, reports of the infection spreading.

Lily had an idea. “Whiskey,..” She stated simply.

Crunchyfrog jumped and looked at the bottle again. “Of course not.. it’s a fine brandy... I may have a nip now and then but ..” She stopped when Lily shook her head.

“No... someone could have slipped something in Harley’s whiskey. And who is her whiskey supplier?” Lily prompted.

“Lordy” Solus finished, “But he’s sick too.”

“Exactly,” Lily said, standing up and looking at the other three. “So we find who supplies him.”

“Lordy’s suppliers.. They’re usually Ofians..” Chinaren stated with a hiccup.

Crunchyfrog, Solus, and Lily all looked shocked as Chinaren stood unsteadily and winked at them all. “Come now, ladies, there had to be some truth to the rumors in this city.. Or else we’d have crumbled long ago.” He gave them a greedy grin and took a pull from the bottle he had reclaimed from Solus.

Crunchyfrog shook herself and took off her shoes, her webbed toes finally getting some air after several weeks of being stuffed in high heeled shoes. Solus and Lily gagged from the smell, backing as far away as they could get. Crunchyfrog didn’t notice this and looked out her window, seeing into the enclosure where Zephyr was progressively getting worse, now rolling around on the ground in a ball, pretending to be a hamster ball himself; the Ifians inside the hamster balls were all now unconscious, the illness taking a firm hold of them.

“We are gonna have to send Ifians into OF...there’s no choice here. And they’re going to have to be undercover... We need to find someone who knows about Lordy’s dealings with them..” Crunchy turned around and looked at Chinaren expectantly.

“Hey now, don’t look at me. You’re best bet is Smudgey for this one.” China responded, taking a long pull from his bottle and draining it. As he leaned backward for the last drop of liquor, he lost his balance and fell on his ass, passed out in a drunken stupor.

Crunchyfrog sniffed at Chinaren’s utter lack of respect and waved to her work frogs. “Remove that from my presence, he has no further use to me in this state. Now then...” She rounded on Lily and Solus. “I want you to find Smudger and bring him to me..”

Solus and Lily both nodded, moving towards the door to get away from the smell of Crunchy’s feet. “And girls,” Crunchy began, a tic starting to twitch in her left eye. “Use force if necessary.”

Alright ladies and gents, it may be a bit shorter than usual but it's chock full of delicious tidbits here and there. Enjoy my dears, as this is YOUR city we're talking about here. DP: Is Muddy home? Or is Cy jumping into an ambush? And where are we gonna find good ole Smudger at?

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject:  

Hmmm, Cy's jumping into an ambush, and I dunno where to find Smudger.
Cyberworm

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject:  

Oh Harley, you just want to make things hard for me. ;)

How about the girl from the alley contacted her friends with her cell phone, and now there are girls that wish to rape me? Hmmm... Too much?

As for Smudge, he was in Jester Park, last time I saw him...
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject:  

Well, other than the mention of me, it's a good chapter. I say Muddy is not home, but on a business trip to the BananaLands, visiting pygmy tribes. As for Smudge, he can be found in a corner of the Open Forum, telling newbs all about how things were so much better when he was their post count.
LordoftheNight

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject:  

He's definately walking into am ambush.

And Alfre...sorry, Smudger - he should be polishing my silverware, if he knows what's good for him. That's what butlers are for afterall.
NeverNeverGirl

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject:  

I agree Smudger would be in the Manse.

As for Muddib... maybe the workign girls are a cover up for his true sexuality... he is a man with a love of men who just cant wait to see Cy walk through his doors.

and cy>> you were channeling messy werent you? :shock:
Mephistopheles

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject:  

hmm, I like the idea of an ambush, because the roomt hat she sent cy to is actually chock full of nerve gas. only double crossers get sent to that room, where they die a slow and painful death. perhaps The Dark already knows about it, and can save cy, if he feels so inclined?

And smudger? last i saw him, he was in...chat actually. so, yeah, let's have him in open forum talking to newbs

Well done this time Lilith. It seems that you were more composed, there were fewer errors and it felt smooth and delightfully tasteful to read! keep it up girl!
Mastermind

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject:  

zzzzzzzzzzz

It's an ambush, but no nerve gas, Cy's going to get tied to a chair and forced to watch communist propaganda for twelve hours at a stretch, and Smudger is in Lordy's mansion, half-dead from having to polish all of his tupperware... I mean silverware.

zzzzzzzzzzz
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject:  

Wow. Darkie actually used the first person there.
Lilith

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject:  

*cackles evilly and applauds* I love your suggestions, my dears! Come and vote now please!
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject:  

oh yeah! Deffo the one which Darko knows about. Never trust someone who speaks permanently in the third person. Muahahaaa!
Lilith

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject:  

Couple more hours left of voting, pets! GET IN HERE!
Gallant

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject:  

I quite enjoy this story but I'm going to post my thoughts later when I'm more sobre, and don't have a sore head. :D
Tavanesh

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: *chuckles*  

I've missed the poll, but a few comments never hurt anyone. Cyberworm, I'm suprised at your actions! *laughs* Well, I think it's really good Lily. I'm enjoying seeing your view of the persona's of all the characters clash together. Well, off to read the rest of the story.

Storygames Home -> Vengeance - COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1