Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Question: Bad Behaviour
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Election Apr 08
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scissorkitty

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Question: Bad Behaviour  

Okay, my lovely little politicians, here's some for fat for the chewing.

Q: What is your stance on Bad Behaviour? Particularly, do you have a personal view on the subject, what constitutes it to you, how do/would you deal with it, blah blah blah.

and also

Q: When have you, youselves, exhibited "Bad Behaviour", why, and how were you dealt with/not at all... and comments on the effectiveness of that.

To be our Mayor, you must be capable of holding down the fort, not sparing the rod, blah blah blah euphemism cakes.... Can you do that? Be the "Big Bad Boss" when necessary, without letting it overcomplicate your daily life?

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject:  

Q: What is your stance on Bad Behaviour? Particularly, do you have a personal view on the subject, what constitutes it to you, how do/would you deal with it, blah blah blah.

Well, I really don't like bad behaviour, making a joke of someone in the chat is bad behaviour. I'd deal with it in a way that will make them think twice and do the right thing next time.

Q: When have you, youselves, exhibited "Bad Behaviour", why, and how were you dealt with/not at all... and comments on the effectiveness of that.

Well, I and a friend of mine posted an Afrikaans story, which no one understood. And well I was told to post in english. When I posted a song that was rude where my friend got a story from I was told to talk to my best friend about it.

To be our Mayor, you must be capable of holding down the fort, not sparing the rod, blah blah blah euphemism cakes.... Can you do that? Be the "Big Bad Boss" when necessary, without letting it overcomplicate your daily life?

Yes, I shall can hold down the fort with out it complicating my life and I shall can handle bad behaviour in a serious manner.
Lilith

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject:  

"Bad Behavior"... hmmmm.... Well I think it should be dealt with quickly, efficiently, and cleanly. Keeping it quiet leads to less complications thrown in by the peanut gallery (outside parties), who quite frankly, have no business in it. I believe the ASS Hole (temporary banning) has worked on a few individuals who have become "spam posters". However, some behaviors are.. inexcusable. Those exhibiting that behavior repeatedly, should and would be banned, permanently. Leniency and allowing others to dictate the actions of discipline have been used to an extent that the people exhibiting the bad behavior have taken advantage of it. (Not speaking of anything in particular at the moment but you understand what I am saying.)

Heh, I am not going to lie to you and say that "Oh I have never exhibited bad behavior!" I am not perfect, just as no one else is. This happened a few months ago I believe.

I was critiqued on my wording in a rent reminder by a member of our fair city and I reacted in a very defensive way. After my reaction, however, I took a second to re-think it and PMed our mayoress, Crunchyfrog. She pointed out wrongs on BOTH sides and explained to me that I should not have reacted in such a way. I listened to what she had to say and her reasonings were true so I bit back my pride and made an apology to the person along with a more suitable reminder.

As you can see, this prime example here is very effective in my opinion. She kept it quiet and took hold of the situation quickly and quietly and it was resolved within a matter of hours. ;)

My answers speak for themselves. ;)
D-Lotus

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject:  

Wrongs on BOTH sides? Pah. Not a word of truth. :sad:
Crossfire

Location: Somewhere between here and not-here, now and not-now... in the half-light, the borderlands, between.

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject:  

What is your stance on "Bad Behaviour"?

It is a grey area in my policies. If it is obvious that a person or persons is behaving inappropriately, I will act to limit or prevent them from doing so.

However, my decisions will vary depending on the circumstances, and also their previous record as a Citizen.

... *pauses, thinking about the records of some of the City's most prolific Citizens*

Actually, on balance, I think I'll judge them according to their actions.

When have you exhibited "Bad Behaviour", why, and how were you dealt with?

Well, I talk a lot, as I may have mentioned. I am also rather silly, and so have been reprimanded for that as well.

Key stole all my money when I posted an IC response to an OOC topic in the Games area where you had to top the achievements that other people had typed.

Presumably people don't die more than once in the real world, I don't really know.

Can you be the "Big Bad Boss" when necessary, without letting it overcomplicate your daily life?

I will usually rely on feedback from the moderators, although I won't take their word for everything. It's sometimes difficult to be objective, and I want to be fair to people.

Also, in the time that I am here I will end up reading a variety of posts.

Some of those may be interesting to me, and therefore highly inappropriate.

If I notice a post like that on my patrols, I will gently warn their creators, as people who have posted in a manner that is a breach of the Rules of Conduct, to cease and desist.

If they continue, I will warn them again- with a big stick. Repeated offenses will result in fines, imprisonment, or... erasement, and that policy also extends to the cases the moderators bring to me.

In short...

*eyes glint menacingly*

Yes, I think so...
sir wax

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject:  

This is a very subjective question.

'Bad' can be interpreted differently.

Rude, crass or malign? No, i have not.

Disregarded the rules? Nope

Warned? Once. Unfairly. A young wolf (who is 'brothers' with a certain dragon/sorcerer that share the same ip) one day maliciously stabbed me in the chest, blew me up, and called me names after he misunderstood something i said... i chose to keep talking trying to explain, reflected as to how ridiculous this wolf was acting; he kept chanting for me to die while whining and not talking civil. Because i guess i was the person who could think logically, i was warned for some reason. I slapped him once, humorously as i left Inn, after he impaled me, shouted various vulgarities etc.

More and more Ifians are getting a little too sensitive about this subject (even more now because of certain events) in my humble opinion. Here's what i propose to rectify the matter. I propose that we deal with them, the same way we deal with cheaters... by TRIAL!!

The accused will have to pay fables for representation, be self-representation or a public defender will be provided at random. Hehehe.

Judge and lawyers would put their silver wigs and black coats on; prosecution, defendants and witnesses would be summoned via PM.

We erect an Ifian Courtroom forum for disputes in City Central, similar to the one that is there for 'cheaters' on the voting system, however, this one would be worked out by myself and the council. Basically, this would be for personal disputes that have escalated, to semi-big disputes that for example would be called "the City of If v.s. the Accused"

Punishments would be as small as other Ifians getting to choose/make their avatar for a period, no matter how ridiculous. Punishments can also be more severe such as a ban; in which their avatar would be placed in a stocks and Ifians get to throw rotten tomatoes, lettuce and other vitual things (such as 'too bad' or 'thank heavens') at the convicted.

Above all, we as Ifians, must keep in mind that we need this City to be fun, even if things are rather serious. As long as we can deal with serious things, and make them entertaining and playful, we keep our community together while at the same time taking care of business.

I hope that answers your questions kitty. *throws her another slice of cheese*

Sincerely,
SirWaxaLot
Smee

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject:  

*Has a small chuckle*

Don't think it has ever been used, but...

Link

I had a similar idea in the midst of my own term. Albeit for more serious misdoings ;)
sir wax

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject:  

Smee wrote: *Has a small chuckle*

Don't think it has ever been used, but...

Link

I had a similar idea in the midst of my own term. Albeit for more serious misdoings ;)

Yes, that is where my idea stemmed from Smee, this one would differ from that one and might in the long run, be used for cheaters as well as settling small to semi-big disputes. As i said before, i believe it to be important as it would keep the spirit of our community and maintain order in the City.

Sincerely,
SirWaxaLot
NeverNeverGirl

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject:  

sir wax wrote: This is a very subjective question.

'Bad' can be interpreted differently.

Rude, crass or malign? No, i have not.

Disregarded the rules? Nope

Warned? Once. Unfairly. A young wolf (who is 'brothers' with a certain dragon/sorcerer that share the same ip) one day maliciously stabbed me in the chest, blew me up, and called me names after he misunderstood something i said... i chose to keep talking trying to explain, reflected as to how ridiculous this wolf was acting; he kept chanting for me to die while whining and not talking civil. Because i guess i was the person who could think logically, i was warned for some reason. I slapped him once, humorously as i left Inn, after he impaled me, shouted various vulgarities etc.

Wax - as the Innkeeper in question I explained (at the time) in private before I warned You in Main Chat, as to why it was necessary for me to warn you as well. You could see I was trying to deal with Wolfen at the time and the comments you were making, though harmless enough were not helping me to calm the situation.

While i agree that it is necessary for IF to remain fun, and a relaxed environment (I enjoy a good scrap as much as the next person) it is also necessary to enforce the rules. This needs to be across the board.

To be honest I was very disappointed to see you say that you were 'Unfairly' warned. Especially as you knew why I had done so.

We do not have a set list of rules for chat other than be respectful - this means the Innk has to make the best calls possible at the time based on their own judgements.
sir wax

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject:  

*sigh*

Okay, Ne. After explaining the situation to my dogs, they told me the best course of action here. Soak it in, because it's only gonna happen once.

*lays on the floor belly up and wags his bottom. then comes back up right away and looks Ne in the eyes*

Ne, i am apologize, i thought you would get that i was jovially provoking you and this was not the comical response i was hoping to elicit from you, i would have NEVER been as specific as i was in the description of the incident if i thought you would take it the wrong way. I admit, i should have thrown in a ":P" or a ":smile:" in there to let you know for sure, so i apologize. We'll talk in private as to whether you still want to proceed with the jovial discourse that we do that i have come to enjoy, but if it's too much for you, i will be only serious with you, just say the word.

To everyone else, i joke and make playful responses on a regular basis. I do it because life is too short to be plagued in seriousness all the time. In public forums, i joke around with people, but it is always in good spirit. So, when voting for mayor keep that in mind before voting for me as i will not change my humorous banter with the City unless the City does not want me to.

Sincerely,
SirWaxaLot
NeverNeverGirl

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject:  

*rubs Waxs belly and scritches his chin*

Aww of course, who could resist those big puppy dog eyes....

*smiles*

don't go changing - just remember smiley faces are helpful for communication of jokes.

*gets out leash and laughs*

Walkies, Waxy?

(and of course our banter can continue... what are Rizzo and Knickey without Banter? *kisses and hugs*)
D-Lotus

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject:  

The best brand of humor is subtle yet transparent, wax. Keep it up*.

*And you know I'm talking 'bout your "humor".

Storygames Home -> Election Apr 08
Page 1 of 1