Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Mayoral Election - Round 1 voting complete!
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Election Apr 08
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Mayoral Election - Round 1 voting complete!  

OK, we've had a good week and a half of discussion, so it's time to open the voting!

Here are the rules for voting:
You are eligible to vote if a) you joined the site before the election started (Apr 24, 2008) and b) you are Tourist rank or higher (i.e. 11 posts or more). Do not vote if you do not meet these criteria.
You may not vote twice, even if you have two accounts in the City. If you are voting from the same computer as another citizen, both of you must inform me by PM.
First round of voting will run for five days, closing at the end of day Wednesday, Pacific time.
If no one has more than 50% of the vote in the first round, we will do a runoff with the top two contenders.
Smee

Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject:  

Oooh - Coming up to 12 hours and the first 5 votes have snuck in, allowing 2 leaders to pull ahead of the pack.

Tense stuff this - great there's so many candidates. :D
NeverNeverGirl

Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject:  

maybe we should open the voting up a bit longer? allow everyone time to get online?
D-Lotus

Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject:  

Lilth- the dark horse candidate? It may well be, as she has captured the newcomer voting block. But will that be enough? We shall see.

Oh, this is so exciting and nerve-wracking! :)

btw, Ne, though you are asking for more time to vote, you haven't voted yourself. Maybe you forgot (which I know you do sometimes), so yeah, I'm a nice guy reminding you and all.
Smee

Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject:  

Are our candidates biding their time, or just reluctant to vote?
LordoftheNight

Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject:  

It's not required for candidates to vote you know Smee. After all, if we all vote for ourselves, then we might as well not bother voting at all.
sir wax

Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject:  

what are you talking about Smee... Dragonite voted.

I wonder who for?

*chuckles*

Sincerely,
SirWaxaLot
D-Lotus

Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject:  

Election Strategy Update:

Lily has definitely taken the lead, with 52% of the votes in comparison with the runner up, sir wax, with 19%. It has become apparent that Lily's voting block remains strong, whereas the other voters are divided between Lordy and sir wax. If Lily does not manage to take the election by a majority, however (which she currently maintains), then there will be a need for another vote between herself and the runner-up. There is a chance that the runner up, once he/she does not have votes diverted by the other contenders, might squeeze through past Lily. So the contest isn't over unless Lily conquers the majority.
Smee

Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject:  

Oooh, an overnight* surge for Lordy, changing the playing field entirely! :cool:

We no longer see a 50% majority, and Waxy has been edged into third, despite another vote also appearing for him.

How many more votes we still have to come - I don't know. But ... GAAAAAH the tension! :-D

~

For any of you people still left to vote...

Key asked a question of previous mayors at the start of the Election. It took a lot of reading of the candidate questions.

But my vote, and therefore my endorsement, in the end, went to sir wax as the most exceptional candidate of an excellent group.

Happy Voting :P

*It was overnight for me at least.
Chinaren

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject:  

You turn your back for two seconds and it all changes.

It's getting pretty exciting now! :-)
sir wax

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject:  

Shmee wrote: But my vote, and therefore my endorsement, in the end, went to sir wax as the most exceptional candidate of an excellent group

*blushes* why thank you Smee.

I can't believe how quickly i became a third party candidate. :smile:

For anyone else who has yet to vote, or has yet to know my views for certain things in the City of If you can always PM me a question or ask me in the bar.

Anyone who wants to breathe new life into this City, vote for me and we'll get a nice breeze going throughout the streets.

Sincerely,
SirWaxaLot
D-Lotus

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject:  

Election Strategy Update 12/05/08:

Though Lily is still ahead by 4 votes, she is clearly no longer vacillating at the majority limit; she has now swung under the majority radar. And who has impeded her from sweet victory? Why, nobody but Lordy, who has resurged from the ashes thanks to the votes of more 'experienced' members, such as himself. Even our dearest Crunchyfrog returned to cast her ballot, though she may have chosen a different candidate. Apparently, these members were reserving their votes for a crucial moment in which they could turn the tide. Willy people, these- unless they simply forgot to vote earlier. Sir wax, dropping to a third place, has by no means given up, though his prospects are waning. It is suspected by this political analyst that most of the sir wax voters will shift over to Lordy's side in the second round and possibly threaten Lily's so far unchallenged reign in the polls.

But there are still more voters to emerge from their shadowy hiding places and furtively cast their vote. Now that Lordy is gaining ground, who is to say he won't overcome Lily? This election this year is demonstrating that IF citizens really do care about the welfare of their city, as they have turned out in nearly record numbers to vote- some of them not particularly active citizens who have returned to cast their ballot and perhaps also to engage in lewd activities over at the Muaddib district. The number of voters also reflects the growing IF population (just take a look at the Inn at any given time- it's brimming with drunkards!). Now, if only Mordok and Muaddib would show up, then the election season would be complete (though Muaddib would be disappointed to find no communist candidate).
Smee

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject:  

Is that a Kinky vote I see before me! Oooh, this is exciting.

Nice round up Dani.

38 voters!
Key

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject:  

One more day for this round of voting.
Chinaren

Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject:  

There's life in this old dog yet! Wax is staging a last minute fightback! Will it be enough to see him through into the runoffs, or will Lordy hold on?

:-o
Smee

Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject:  

Oooh, in just the minutes since Chinaren's post, another 2 votes, one each for Waxy and Lordy.

*shakes the woodwork*

There's gotta be a few more left in there!
NeverNeverGirl

Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject:  

Wow this has to be the election battle of the Ifian Century*!

Nail biting stuff!!

how long till the polls close and phase two begins?

madness! utter madness...

*okay so Ifs been around two years but you get my point
D-Lotus

Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject:  

Why, only because there's a paucity of good candidates? ;)
NeverNeverGirl

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject:  

poll closed now folks?

Second round set to start?
Chinaren

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject:  

Will this be a three way race between Lily, Lordy and Wax?
Key

Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject:  

Chinaren wrote: Will this be a three way race between Lily, Lordy and Wax?

It will indeed! :shock:

Since we have a tie for second place, Lilith, Lordy, and sir wax will all advance to the second round of voting. And if no candidate wins a majority in that round, we will have a third round of voting with the top two candidates.

We've certainly never had an election like this before. This will go down in Ifstory...

Storygames Home -> Election Apr 08
Page 1 of 1