Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

SGOTM April Voting
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Auditorium Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: SGOTM April Voting  

It's that time of the month again - votes are now being accepted for April 2009.

Read me before voting

You must have played in the story game you are voting for, and have voted in at least one poll.

As there are only TWO candidates for SGotM this month we ask that you have read BOTH of them before voting.

Please do not come from another site and vote for a friend's story without playing it. If you register and vote please read multiple stories before selecting one, purely based on friendship. We do check up on whether people have been following stories.

This is not a popularity contest or a 'thank you for helping me' vote. This is a serious contest about the quality of the stories written. The winner's story may be selected to represent IF to all first time visitors.

Please note that if you have more than one identity on IF, or if you share a computer with another member of the site, it is compulsary to inform the Mayor. In addition, you may only vote with a single identity. Please view this thread for further details.

A Long Time Gone by Gallant.

Sector 17 by Reiso.

Good luck to both authors. The voting stage closes April 30th.
Alegria

Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject:  

oooh, this is a tough one...
Reiso

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject:  

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but as an author of one of the candidates, am I allowed to vote or not? You know, the whole conflict of interest thing... and yes, I was gone that long. I know, it's a dayum shame.
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject:  

Yes you can vote if you want to - authors have voted before. :)
Reiso

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject:  

Okay, this was really hard. I wanted to remain unbiased and pick the best story, whether it's mine or not. I was not expecting to enjoy A Long Time Gone as much as I have, and I am having a really difficult time determining which one is better.

Quality wise, I think they're almost dead even, and I really hope there is no bias in that opinion. I think if not for the consideration of accessibility, I would probably not vote, to keep it absolutely fair. But since first time visitors won't be quite in on the gag of the various denizens of IF populating A Long Time Gone, I am gonna have to say that Sector 17 is slightly more accessible to them, which I feel is a fair edge to base my decision on.

So with apologies to Gallant, I am voting for myself. :blush:
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject:  

One more week for voting, folks! :)
Smee

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject:  

And congratulations go to Reiso's Sector 17.

Well done :)
Reiso

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject:  

Hey, alright, I won two things in one week! This is some kind of record or somethin'.

:rock:
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject:  

Congratulations Reiso!

:tu2:

Storygames Home -> Auditorium Archives
Page 1 of 1