Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

SGotM May : Nominations
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Auditorium Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smee

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: SGotM May : Nominations  

It's that time of the month again - nominations are now being accepted for May.

Read me before nominating

You must have played in the story game you are chosing to nominate, and have voted in at least one poll.

Please do not come from another site and nominate a friend's story without playing it. If you register and vote please read multiple stories before selecting one, purely based on friendship.

This is not a popularity contest or a 'thank you for helping me' vote. This is a serious contest about the quality of the stories written. The winner gets a front page forum for their story and represents the city to all first time visitors.

To be eligable to win Storygame of the Month, the story must be in one of the three main storygame sections - The Fantasy Forest, Skiffiville or Jester Park.

To nominate a story, simply post the author and the storygame in question. A link is preferable. You cannot nominate your own story. Every citizen can nominate a maximum of one story. If the author declines to participate, your nomination is still used.

Please note that if you have more than one identity on IF, or if you share a computer with another member of the site, it is compulsary to inform the Mayor. In addition, you may only vote with a single identity. Please view this thread for further details.

To get through to the voting stage, a storygame must have recieved two nominations, and the author must have accepted. Be careful authors - winning storygame of the month is a prestigious honour, and by accepting you are agreeing to all the rules that come with it. You will be granted your own forum, and are making a commitment to post at least one chapter a month. If you cannot keep to this, there will be repercussions.

You can only nominate OR second one story per month.

Good luck to all authors. The Nomination stage closes May 16th.
Reiso

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject:  

Alright, true to my word, let me be the first to re-nominate A Long Time Gone by Gallant!
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject:  

And now that it looks like it's on the move again, I'd like to nominate The Priest by Alegria. :)
The Meaning Of Fear

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject:  

I'll nominate The Chosen by Lady of the Shadows!
scissorkitty

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject:  

I'll second the Chosen.. after all the pro-vamp brainwashing the media is doing lately (Twilight- i'm looking at you!) it's nice to see a little pro-wolf stuff happening!

(although, i am happy that pigmentally challenged folk like myself are suddenly in vogue! Can I get an *amen* from all my pasty friends? :P )
Alegria

Location: On the beaches with Dr. Suess' Sneeches. Only the star-bellied ones, of course.

Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject:  

AMEN!!!!

Oh, and, if seconded, I will accept the nomination for the Priest. ;)
Lady of the Shadows

Location: In the Valley of Shadows...Not such a bad place to be.

Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject:  

Aww thanks!

Um... I don't know whether to accept or not... :unsure:

I need a bit of help...
Does anyone want to help this decision become just a little bit easier to make?
DeadManWalking

Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject:  

I think you should definitely accept Lady.

The only reason really not to is if you don't think you can keep up the work you've done, which i don't think is a problem for you! The Chosen is terrific. I'd second it if it weren't already seconded.

So i'll second A Long Time Gone by Gallant, although i don't think he'll be around to accept his nomination. He may be a teensy bit distracted by RL.
Lady of the Shadows

Location: In the Valley of Shadows...Not such a bad place to be.

Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah, thought was given, arms were twisted. Curses to those nasty arm twisters! :laf:

Yeah, not really funny, but...

I accept.
Smee

Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject:  

Thanks everyone for your participation.

Given the RL circumstances of both our nominees at the moment, it has been decided to postpone having a SGoTM for May.

The competition will begin again in June.

:)

Storygames Home -> Auditorium Archives
Page 1 of 1