Free online storygaming

Trade Windows : Chapter 6
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Trade Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smee

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Trade Windows : Chapter 6  

Chapter 6

The door closed behind Targh as he seated himself on the cushioned bench. A distinctive click announced it being locked.

Aah, so I'm not completely trusted, Targh thought to himself grimly. He was locked in a small room within the house of an Overseer on a planet some four jumps away from Mart and his transport ship carrying millions of kredits worth of narcotics. And I have a lump the size of a plasma grenade on the back of my head, he thought wryly as he probed it gingerly with his fingertips.

He looked around the room, barely paying attention to the lavish furnishings. A dagger mounted on a metallic board hung from one wall. Targh recognised it as 'The Reflected Blade', once supposedly gifted to the Emperor some five centuries ago. The golden sheath, studded with gems, alone was worth the same as half the shipment that had put him in such trouble. Well half the original value. He didn't want to think about the actual value now its true contents had been discovered.

Targh wondered how Mart was doing? Not knowing the time, he didn't know where Mart was. Perhaps he'd already been caught by CONCORD or any other of the half dozen dire possibilities that flooded Targh's thoughts. What about Mart's family!

With a mental shake, Targh shook such thoughts away. Mart was quite capable, if anyone could get that shipment off the station it was Mart. Besides, he had his own problems to worry about.

He returned to studying the room. A long black tube stood on three legs on a low table in one corner. Gold banded it at either end, and once again in the middle. Targh frowned at it. As a trader he'd studied a wide variety of goods and artifacts, always better to know if something had value or not. But this device he didn't know. He moved up towards it. It seemed old, and fragile. He could see it tapered narrower at the end pointing down. The top had some kind of plastiglass in the end.

"It's a 'telescope'." A voice said from the doorway.

~

Mart hurried back through the busy station to the docking port thinking about the plan hastily put together between himself and J'iony.

As he'd walked out of the bar with the cocky young capsuleer a few minutes previously he had been pleasantly surprised to witness a change in his new companion. Suddenly the attitude had subsided and he was all business. Perhaps there was something to this Pod training after all.

"Ok, you're going to need distractions at each of the six jumpgates between here and drop off. I have some friends who can meet us along the way who'll I'll call and get set up, and I'll get you through the first jump myself. Once I've lost the 'CORDs I'll meet up with you in Griner, the system before your last jump and we'll be almost there."

"How do you be getting CONCORD to chase you?" Mart asked.

J'iony smiled, and pulled a small vial from his pockets. A thick dark liquid filled it. "Got a pair of tags* inside here. Few things gets them more riled up than a scan of these babies, but they can't normally spot them through the juice." He indicated the dark liquid.

Sure enough, barely visible inside the small bottle, Mart could make out the small metal shapes of the tags submerged in the masking liquid.

"And all your friends do be carrying these too?"

"Most of us Capsuleers carry them around, never know when you might need a distraction."

They'd split up then, J'iony to his own ship and Mart back to the Bestower.

As he clambered through the docking gate into his ship, Mart frowned. The plan was simple, but there seemed a few holes in it. What if all the CONCORD didn't chase J'iony and his friends. What if some stayed behind?

Arriving on his bridge he greeted the crew with a curt nod and sat down in his seat.

"Bring all systems online, prepare for undocking. Seal the cargo, and lock it down. Lay in a course for the first jumpgate, and warm up the warp engines."

A chorus of 'ayes' and 'yes, Sirs' confirmed his orders being carried out and the ship came to life.

"Comm signal coming through."

"ID?" Mart barked.

"Someone calling themselves... 'CORD Bait'."

"Patch them through, main audio."

A few seconds later the speakers came alive with J'iony's voice, sounding as happy as Targh had when back in his ship. "I'm in my pod and ready to fly. You all set?"

"Yes, we're undocking now." Mart replied, getting a nod from his navigation officer. Sure enough a series of heavy vibrations announced the unsealing of the docking clamps and the ship pulled free. With a low buzz of engines the ship slowly started aligning with the jump gate.

"Jump coordinate set, alignment in 15. Destination 47 AU's, ETA 68 seconds." One of the bridge crew announced.

"Ok J'iony, we be ready. We'll be at the gate in 1 minute and counting."

"Understood. I'm on my way. Rapht is standing by at your second jump, he'll be in contact as soon as you're enter the system."

"Establishing warp stream, thrusters to full. Alignment in 5."

Mart sat back in his seat, ready for the gforces of entering a warp stream. The engines opened up in a roar and the ship shuddered forward, gaining speed rapidly. The dim glow from the star lined blackness on the view screwed vanished in a swirl of colours as the ship entered warp. In just over 45 seconds they'd arrive at the hopefully empty Jump gate. Mart muttered a short prayer, both for J'iony, and for Targh.

~

Targh jumped in surprise, he hadn't heard the lock click back. The Overseer, Jacrim, stood there grinning still, his dark eyes resting on the object. "Apparently our ancestors from before we came to New Eden used it. A primitive device for viewing things at a distance."

Targh glanced at the black tube but felt none the wiser as to how it worked. He looked back at Jacrim as the dark eyes shifted to him.

"I trust you are feeling a little less... fuzzy?"

Targh pondered for a second. He'd barely been alone for more than ten minutes. Clearly the Overseer was impatient for answers. With an inward sigh he resigned himself to some limited cooperation, at least for now. The man had him well and truly cornered.

"Yes, thank you, Overseer. I feel much better."

"Excellent," the smile came back with full power. "Now perhaps we can return to the question I asked you before."

"I'm afraid my answer may not be satisfactory to you, Overseer," Targh began. The dark eyes flickered but he didn't move. "I don't know the name of either my contractor or supplier."

"You must know something! How do you contact them? Where is your drop off?" For the first time some of the calm had left Jacrim's voice.

Targh thought wildly for something to tell him. "They contact me, and the drop off is just a dead zone. Nothing there."

The Overseer's eyes narrowed, but before he could speak, Targh jumped in again.

"There's one thing. The supplier... he goes by the name of 'The Boss'."

Suddenly the Overseer was all smiles again. "Now why didn't you just say so. That makes things much clearer."

Targh masked his confusion. This Overseer knew someone as shady as 'The Boss'!

"And this 'Boss' is supplying the... mining lasers for your deal, is that right?"

The pause before mining lasers had been almost imperceptible, but Targh heard it. He knows about the boosters! he thought to himself. If anyone had the power to get him out of this, it was this Overseer. But could he trust a man who'd had him kidnapped? Already he could hear Mart's voice warning against hasty decisions.

"Yes that's right." He replied.

"Now why would something as harmless as mining lasers require such a strange dropzone?" Jacrim's voice practically oozed confidence now.

For Targh this was the tipping point. His earlier worries for Mart demanded some action, if this Overseer could help then it had to be risked.

"Because they're full of narcotics," Targh said simply. "But then you know that, don't you Overseer."

Any concerns Targh had faded when the man once again smiled. Such a direct accusation as that would have caused any other Overseer to explode with outrage. Clearly he was dealing with a new breed of Overseer.

"Call me Jacrim. And yes, as you so blatantly accuse, I do know. Or at least suspected. Rather a foolhardy thing to say to someone like me though!" One eyebrow raised in contemplation as if seeing Targh for the first time.

Recklessness was flowing through Targh now, and he couldn't hold it back.

"Perhaps, but by the way you 'invited' me here, your questioning, and the Galente slave you have, all point to an Overseer with some... unorthodox views on things. I guessed you might appreciate some bluntness in the interest of saving time."

Targh had watched as the eyebrow had climbed progressively higher with every comment. At mention of the slave it had practically disappeared behind his hairline.

"I see. Perhaps viewing you as just a simple trader was a misjudgement."

A silence descended on the small room like a blanket. Targh waited, his face calm but internal thoughts spinning almost out of control. Had he gone too far?

"OK. Lets have a little more bluntness," Jacrim suddenly declared. "You're up to your neck in trouble you have barely even begun to fathom. Your 'boss' and CONCORD will be all over you if so much as a whiff of those narcotics get noticed. And that's before your unknown contractor gets a hold of you."

Targh nodded along. "You know who my contractor is, don't you?" He asked suddenly.

"I have my suspicions."

Targh knew he wouldn't get more. Unsurprisingly the Overseer's sudden openness had very real limits. But then Targh suddenly fitted another piece into the big picture.

"And you can help me if... ?"

Jacrim smiled. "If you would be willing to break your contract and sell the shipment to me for the original price you agreed. Of course you'd lose your collateral, but the profit is more than enough to not concern yourself with replacing an ageing Bestower and some small hangar, no?"

It was Targh's turn to be shocked. How, by God, did he know about the collateral? Just how much did this Overseer actually know?

Targh already knew he'd have to accept this deal, if only to get off the planet, but was he just spiralling into an even deeper hole? Could he do anything to get some control over the situation again? Maybe even negotiate a little extra for his rough treatment, risk of retribution from 'The Boss' and his contractor, and the loss of the collateral? Thoughts flooded his mind.

* Tags look like typical dog tags as worn by army soldiers. All officers of CONCORD and Naval ships wear tags, identifying their rank. Each tag has electronics inside that stores more data and is also detectable by custom scans at jumpgates. Bounties are offer for tags belonging to an enemy, and there's a lucrative black market trade in them. CONCORD takes great offence when they detect tags come from their own officers, and will usually capture the ship they're found on, confiscate the tags and heavily fine the culprit.

Ok... unknown to Targh, Mart is off on his way to the original drop off point with the cargo. Meanwhile Targh is being offered a possible way out of this. The DP is from Targh's point of view. I'm looking for immediate actions, such as the suggested negotiating for more payment, or even declining the offer if you have a plan for getting away.

And I'm also looking for thoughts on other plans Targh could put in motion once he's back in command of his own ship. Should he contact Mart as soon as possible, what should he say? Maybe even risk contacting 'The Boss' or Contractor and let him know about this development - maybe even earning himself a bonus on top for tipping them off about the Overseer.

All sorts of possibilities, depending on how much you want to risk.

Happy Playing :)
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject:  

Take the money, and see if the guy has any more jobs for you in the future. Could be a very useful contact/employer if you're ever in need, and being in his good books can't hurt.
DeadManWalking

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject:  

I'd agree with Whitey there. Always try and get on the good side of the guys with the large ships with guns.
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject:  

Hurrah! A new chapter!

It might be useful at this stage to put in some kind of synopsis - just a couple of para's reminding us who's who, and what's happened so far. I have vague recollections but can't remember all the details without going to read through all the chapters again, and it is difficult enough when unfamilliar with the EVE universe.

It might also help those who are new to Trade Windows to jump right in. :)

On to the DP, and I have two suggestions, one sensible, one reckless.

Sensible suggestion first:

It sounds very much like the Overseer knows more than he's letting on. I'll bet he knows who the contractor and the 'boss' is, how else would he know about the collateral?

I think Targh's biggest worry is whether after he accepts the deal he is seen as 'surplus to requirements,' or even a potential threat... not just because the Overseer might be up to no good with the narcotics, but also because the Overseer has an illegal slave in his house.

The problem is, Targh has no idea where Mart is at the moment so he can't even keep his side of the bargain.

I would say play dumb at this point, and agree in principle to the deal, and explain that he doesn't know what has become of his cargo. This might help him find out how many strings the Overseer really is pulling.

Reckless suggestion:

The mention of that dagger on the wall was so pointed (pardon the pun) that I just simply cannot ignore it. So here's an alternative suggestion from me - tell him to throw in the dagger as well, and he has a deal. :D

There ya go!
Smee

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject:  

Thanks Crunchy.

There is a synopsis already but perhaps the title doesn't point that out clear enough for past players.
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject:  

Ah. Ahaha! Just testing you of course. Ahem. *whistles* :D
Thunderbird

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject:  

Smee, you are an excellent writer of thick Sci-fi. I loved the pod sequence and the whole concept of being that 'in touch' with your ship. I would ask, however, that you go into some descriptive details about things, throughout the story, assuming that we know pretty much nothing (which we don't) about the setting. You've done this at times... I'd just maybe like a little bit more of it. But yeah, this Eve universe has slowly become a little more real to me. Some description of the races rather than just names and politics would be good.

As for the plot... I was lost a little in the middle, but I'm beginning to find my way now. What I don't understand (though can appreciate the stressful feeling it creates for the reader) is why Mart (who's speech pattern suddenly became unique and recognizable in the chapter before) actually left without locating Targh first. Wouldn't they have wanted to at least discuss the plan out before leaving?!? How did he come to assume that he wouldn't find Targh?

Anyhow, I think Targh needs to confer with his partners on this decision. Tell the Overseer that his offer is fair and is being taken into the highest of considerations but that he is not the only decision maker that must be consulted. He must be returned to the port so he can speak with Mart. Of course, little would Targh know that Mart has left already...

By the way, just for clarity's sake, what exactly does he have to gain and or lose by accepting this deal? I sense there's more to this decision that politics I'm not fully aware of would suggest. Obviously, if he says no, he's pretty much not leaving, right? So as I see it, the answer's either Yes, Negotiate for room to make a decision, or 'Fine, I'll stay here as a captive until we can sort something out.' Is that about right?
Smee

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject:  

Hey TB,

Very glad you caught up, as that was an excellent comment with many useful points.

Description I can certainly do more of, I shall look to get more in. It's always a balancing act between description and action, and given we haven't really had much in the way of actual action (mainly just dialogue) I've been hesitant to add lengthy descriptions too.

I'll see what I can do about describing the races a bit more too but it's tricky. Aside from Mart, who's a Caldari, (and I'm glad his accent came through eventually, I didn't want anything too thick, just a little) and the illegal Galente slave, everyone is pretty much an Amarrian.

For each of the 4 races, there's 3 separate bloodlines and 3 more families within each bloodline. Each has a unique, and general look to them. 36 is clearly too many to go into detail on. Even just the 6 for the Amarr would probably be fairly distracting to add in such short chapters.

In general, the EvE universe, and it's lore is almost too vast - including large portions I don't know myself. Trying to dig out enough of it to make the story understandable without completely swamping the story with excess is proving tricky. For example, the next chapter we'll be viewing our first jumpgate when Mart gets there. I remember reading a 3000+ word article just on the discovery, invention and progression of the jumpgates history, how they work etc. It's all fascinating and very well written, but how much of that detail really needs to be included. Back to the balancing act.

I'm going to have to rely on you guys to push and pull me one way or the other as necessary. For now, consider me pushed towards the more detail side. We'll see how we go. :D

~

Mart didn't leave without Targh straight away. In the early part of chapter 5 there was the section where he tried to retrace Targh's steps, only to find no trace. Given the limited time his excuse of repairing the ship afforded him, he just didn't have time to keep looking without having some plan for leaving the station. Which J'iony has now provided.

As for the Overseer's offer, if he accepts :

To gain :
- A way off the Overseer's planet, and hopefully back into his own ship.
- A way to hopefully sell the illegal merchandise and get them off his hands without having to risk moving them himself
- A chance to contact Mart.

To lose :
- Goodwill from the Boss, and his original contactor. They likely went to a lot of trouble to acquire the narcotics and will be very unhappy to discover them sold to someone else.
- This will likely mean no more trading any where in this region, unless the Overseer intends at some point to offer some kind of protection.
- His collateral.

If he doesn't accept - then the result will be pretty much the direct opposite of all of the above.

Thanks again for your comment, TB. It was great.

Smee

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject:  

This is a short, 5 minute film that plays when you first enter the EvE game.

It explains how the EvE universe came about and roughly how things stand within the time of Trade Windows.

It may help some of the little things mentioned in the chapters make a bit more sense.
Thunderbird

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject:  

That WAS informative and very interesting. I'd never heard of this before.

Ok, in reply to some of your comments:
Quote: we haven't really had much in the way of actual action (mainly just dialogue)
I read in a book (about writing) recently that readers can actually percieve dialogue AS action. In a sense, I think the author was correct. He warns not to overdo it though, as it can, like any overuse of action, be a little mind-numbing after a while. I haven't felt a lack of action in this text, and probably for that reason, its largely devoted to dialogue and activity.

Being new to this world makes me curious about small details though, so an occasional interlude to detail a currently pertinent aspect about the world is not such a bad thing. As I said, you've done this in places. I guess I'm just expressing more curiosity still.

After having watched the clip, I see what you mean about the races... basically all human offshoots, severed from the original colonies that spread from Earth. I wasn't sure, since we're talking about space here, if they were even remotely human! Since it wasn't stated, I figured that was the default assumption but confirmation is a good thing.

Anyhow, thanks for the detailed response Smee! Now that I can see the root origin setting a littel clearer, I can see the difficulty involved. It's almost always more difficult to explain a world you're working in that's pre-designed because once you've come to understand it, its hard to figure out what others can infer and what they can't. When you've made your own setting, its a little easier because somehow you recognize on a deeper level that your audience really knows nothing about your setting until you tell them. You're doing well so far though... just keep feedin' us!

So, in response to the clarification on the DP... I don't suppose my suggestion would work eh? But perhaps he could explain that Mart would be likely to leave without him to deliver the goods whether he's there or not and it's quite possible he already has so if he doesn't get back, he can't give an informed answer to the Overseer's demand... er... request. I don't think he should work with the overseer, for the main reason that it would impede his further career. But he's going to have to cleverly figure out how to make both parties happy... Does he know of any other sources for his present cargo? Could he arrange a separate shipment in a secretive manner so he could pretend to be carrying through on both arrangements?
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject:  

That clip was helpful - thanks! :)
Smee

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject:  

Hey TB,

Your idea for trying to arrange another supplier to keep both parties happy is excellent, and if a shipment of actual mining lasers would keep the original contractor happy then it could well be the solution.

The problem is, we don't know if they're in on it or not.

If they're genuinely just expecting lasers, then it suggests this is the 'Boss' using the contract as an excuse to make us move his narcotics and chances are he'll be along to take them back as soon as Mart makes it to a lower security system.

If however, it's all a plan to get the narcotics to the original contractor then sourcing some more lasers won't help.

As for getting a hold of another shipment of boosters and Crash - almost no chance. Targh doesn't have those kind of contacts or cash to buy.

Out the box thinking though!
Thunderbird

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject:  

I'll bet his brother could hook him up with more lasers ;) Maybe even used ones...
Zeke

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject:  

I had a different speculation about the Overseer. His confidence seem a little overstated, enough so that even the relatively naive Targh notices:

Quote: Suddenly the Overseer was all smiles again. "Now why didn't you just say so. That makes things much clearer."

Targh masked his confusion. This Overseer knew someone as shady as 'The Boss'!

So if I follow this hypothesis, I could suppose that the Overseer is either so desperate that he doesn't care if anyone knows he is bluffing-- or, more likely, the Overseer is counting on Targh calling his bluff. The Overseer is like a card player who has a royal flush but doesn't want the other players to fold before they've placed their bets.

Of course, there is a lot of wiggle room in the Overseer's original off-the-record explanation. We have no idea what Targh heard in that original conversation.

I also thought that the pointed mention of the dagger was interesting. Why would Targh be familiar with a unique and possible obscure ceremonial dagger? What does it mean that he knows this? Does he have royal connections of his own? Has he had dealings with the Overseer before?

So what are my conclusions about the decision point?

Targh is outclassed and outgunned. He probably couldn't best the Overseer in hand-to-hand combat, let alone stage any kind of battle. The best Targh can hope for is to somehow boost the confidence of the Overseer so that he will no longer perceive Targh as threatening.

It's funny but when CrunchFrog said "tell him to throw in the dagger", I initially read that as a suggestion for violence. But when I actually considered it, a physical attack sounds ridiculous enough make the Overseer sneer but yet be plausable as a desperate measure.

So I say Targh tries to grab the precious dagger from the wall and (attempt to) stab the Overseer with it. He will be thwarted, of course. It will be perceived as desperate and foolhardy and will give Targh some wiggle room.

How's that for a wild idea?
Javert

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject:  

Good work! I just spent the last hour reading what you've got, and let me add my congratulations to the rest of your glory, laud and honor There's obviously something happening behind this prose.

Regarding the DP, I back up much of what has been said. However, I do disagree on one point--taking the risk of beefing up your side of the bargain. In any bargain, you need to be able to convince the other party that you don't need what they're offering, but in this case it seems pretty clear to me that Targh has no real platform to stand on. There is nothing that he can do to stop the Overseer to hold him there until he agrees to Jacrim's terms.

Add to this the fact that this Overseer is able to launch a successful strike at a random location with complete secrecy, and it seems that he holds a great deal of power. Plus he seems to have a large network of eyes and ears. Of course, he could be bluffing, but his power alone makes him a formidable opponent.

I would suggest that Targh try to stay under the radar--accept the deal, be as courteous and nice as possible, agree to any small favors he might ask, and then leave as quickly as possible. This will jeopardize his relations in his current arena of trading, but pitting the perceived strength of 'The Boss' against the Overseer it's obvious which one you would least like to irritate.
Smee

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject:  

Some great comments from new players. Wonderful to have you on board. :D

A poll will be created in a day or two, so last thoughts and ideas get them in now

The White Blacksmith

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject:  

A thought, by me

How do we know the overseer and 'The Boss' aren't working together? It would explain why the overseer knows so much about this, and would mean it's not a great idea to accept - just shows how fickle his interests are, and makes him a danger because he would give evidence to the authorities were the price right. If they're working together, it would make sense because we know that both of them are involved in a bit of law-fussing - the Gallente slave on the overseer's part, and the boosters on the part of the boss.

With this in mind, I say he demand to know the Overseer's source of info. Hint, if he can, that he suspects they're working together, and that if there's still a chance of the contract going through, he's not going to betray it easily.
Smee

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject:  

Ok... trying to piece together a poll.

Quote: As a trader he'd studied a wide variety of goods and artifacts, always better to know if something had value or not. But this device he didn't know.

The above quote from the chapter I think goes some way to explaining Targh's knowledge of the dagger that Zeke queried.

~

> Accept the offer, in the hope there may also be more work in the future
> Sort of accept the offer, but admit to Mart probably moving the cargo by now.
> Accept the offer in a bid to stay under the radar. Complete the contract and get far away from the Overseer.
> Negotiate the dagger as additional payment.
> Insist on discussing the offer with his partner.
> Attempt to seize the dagger and stab the Overseer!
> Suspect the Overseer and Boss are working together and demand more information on how the Overseer knows so much.

I think that covers all suggestions... a nice variety there folks, thanks :D

Get your votes in - poll appearing presently

Thunderbird

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject:  

I was thinking Whitey might be right on this... about the overseer working with the boss...

Which is why I thought it was important to try to make it appear that he's delivering to both of them... let them sort out the mess! (I'd split the contraband cargo equally). For this plan, I suppose the second option seems to be the closest.
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject:  

Zeke, I like what you're thinking. I never thought of attacking the Overseer with the dagger. But looking up and down the options and trying to figure out which puts him in the best position, none seem great - he'll be in a sticky situation, sooner or later.

Targh has something the Overseer wants. He can afford to get a little violent. It might open up for more negotiations and clear the air a little.

Attack! Attack!

(...and voted. :D )
Thunderbird

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject:  

I must admit... I liked that option too... just figured it could lead to some REALLY negative results...
Smee

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject:  

If you're enjoying the story, don't forget to add this SG to your Favourites list by clicking the link in the top right of the page.

:cool:
Thunderbird

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject:  

Ah yes... fav's... I do so often forget... sorry 'bout that.
scissorkitty

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject:  

phew! This is getting complicated! I love how intertwined this is all getting, Smee. Very fun!! Hmm. I had a very hard time deciding, but I went with "talking with partner", as maybe he can get some sort of rescue from Mart, as well as update his about the possible loss of the Bestower, and send the low-down about the creepy Overseer.

(edit 'cause i apparently can't spell at night. whoops!)
Smee

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject:  

Another day or two to vote folks... there's a tie at the moment, but I'll combine them unless someone comes along to mix things up.

Smee

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject:  

Right then my lovely bunch of bloodthirsty stabbers. Poll is closed.

We'll be out to get some more information, and attempting to grab the dagger and stab our captor.

Expect a chapter some time soon. :-D
Mirel

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject:  

I see I came to late to contribute to the poll. With a tie however inbetween suspecting the Overseer and Boss as working togther (and hinting to as much) and attacking the Overseer...the next chapter should prove to be very interesting to say the least. I'll be waiting to see what happens next.

Storygames Home -> Trade Windows
Page 1 of 1