Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Twisted Fairy Tales
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazybookgal

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Twisted Fairy Tales  

Okay so here it is-after much thought I finally decided on what kind of competition I want to will set up.

The deal is that I will name a traditional fairytale and you guys have to make it your own. Modernize it, change it, make it funny-I don’t care! Anyone can enter, and I will be accepting stories for a month (until December 18th).

I want to do more of these but it depends on the reaction I get. The winner will get 200 fables. (Oh guys I think I know how to give people fables, but just to make sure will someone enlighten me?)
The fairy tale you have to change is a nice and common one: Snow White. There are many different versions of this story, but I will give you a quick summary.

A queen has a child with black hair and pale skin so she names her snow white. The queen dies, and (her sister right?) takes the throne. When Snow grows older, she gets more beautiful than the evil sister, so the queen dresses her in rags and makes her work.

Eventually she sends someone to kill the girl, but Snow gets away and finds dwarves’ cottage in a forest where she stays and cleans for them.
The evil queen finds out she’s still alive. This is where there’s like a million variations. In short, the queen tries many ways to kill Snow, and eventually succeeds with a poison apple.

The trouble is the queen disguised herself as a crone and now she is ugly and can’t turn pretty again. Snow gets woken up by either a prince kissing her or her glass coffin bumping the ground. (it jolts the apple out of her) either way the prince takes her away and they live happily ever after.

Happy Writing!!!
:anggrin:
Emperor

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject:  

Not sure if I'm going to be able to participate -- buuut, I LOVE the idea of this contest. Looking forward to what people put up.
crazybookgal

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject:  

:D Thank-you!!!
Phantomfan

Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject:  

Count me in! This sounds right up my alley. :D
crazybookgal

Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject:  

P.M. me your storys so they remain anonymous til the end
Swordfish

Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject:  

I'm in. And oh will I weave a delicious tale.
kkdestiny

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject:  

so, what happened?
DeadManWalking

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject:  

Oh hey, I was writing something for this, then I stopped when I realized that I missed the deadline. Is it getting pushed back or is it dead completely?
crazybookgal

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject:  

I'll push it back, but don't pm them to me, just post ur story and i'll do a poll no deadline-i'll do a poll when i have like 5 entries or something
crazybookgal

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject:  

ok this is officially dead

Storygames Home -> The Vault
Page 1 of 1