Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

April 2011 Author Acceptance Thread
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Auditorium Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thunderbird

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: April 2011 Author Acceptance Thread  

Greetings Ifians!
The time has come, once again, to honor the next up and coming great Storygame with our Spotlight Competition!

You may have noticed a number of storygames have recently been recognized with Sticky status. This is because you have been selected for inclusion in our contest in recognition of your hard work and efforts (and skill and talent and so on.)

In fact, here are the actual guidelines for Sticky status establishment so those of you with other storygames on the site that would like to earn such a place in the forums may be aware of how you may achieve this for YOUR SG:

Any Storygame which has...
Chapters submitted on a regular basis (at least 2 chapters every 3 months)
Chapter length of approximately 1000 to 2000 words
High standard of spelling, grammar and punctuation
Spaces between paragraphs
A decision point at the end of the chapter
Subsequent chapters written based on the outcome of each poll ...is Stickied at the top of its forum. (Note - if there's not been a chapter posted in 3 months, Sticky Status expires!)

ALL stickied SGs are in contention for the prize and its up to YOU the author to accept or decline your automatic nomination.

So for the next week or so, you may chime in with your acceptance or denial of the opportunity to capture YOUR OWN FORUM and a spot on the FRONT PAGE!

Congrats to those already on this list.

In the meantime, all IFians should be getting familiarized with these local favorites so they can become informed voters. There's some great stories here!

Ok, so the list of possible contestants are as follows:

Brandi's Story by crazybookgal - Accepted!

Is this me? by PopeAlessandrosXVIII - Accepted!

Rise of the Operatives by Vishal Muralidharan - Accepted!

Murder in the Intergalactic Garden by Lebrenth - Denied

Legion of Soul Breakers by warriorofdoom - Accepted!

There's a few more I would've liked to have included but were not posting regularly enough, were from the same author (and we wanted to allow each author one story to represent them), or were just not quite there yet in terms of development (maybe next time o-) .)

Also, on a personal side note, I took some code from a previous post much like this one and noticed that so few of those stories kept going afterwards. I really hope to see all of these fine tales through to their finish - whether they win here or not!
PopeAlessandrosXVIII

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Yay!  

Yay! The Spotlight is back on! I can't wait! I'd be honored if Is This Me? would be counted in the running! I can't wait to see how things go! Question...do we have to submit samples of or work again?
Vishal Muralidharan

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject:  

I accept. Good luck to everyone! :D
warriorofdoom

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject:  

Im in!
Thunderbird

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Yay!  

PopeAlessandrosXVIII wrote: Yay! The Spotlight is back on! I can't wait! I'd be honored if Is This Me? would be counted in the running! I can't wait to see how things go! Question...do we have to submit samples of or work again?

Yes, of course. If you've accepted and will be in the running, go ahead and send me a selection of your story text.
Vishal Muralidharan

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject:  

How many words?
Lebrenth

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Decline  

I decline for Murder in the Intergalactic Garden (but encourage everyone to go check it out anyway!). I hope this competition goes well, with many votes and close calls. :)
Amichan

Location: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject:  

I think a fair length for the Spotlight is 250 to 500 give or take .. that excpert will also be included in the IFQ if it wins so keep that in mind when it comes to word length
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject:  

In previous competitions we've asked for excerpts not to go beyond 600 words. Of course they can be less than this if you want. Check out some of the excerpts in the previous Spotlight competitions if you want an idea. :)

It's worth keeping in mind that for some voters it might be the first time they've read anything of your Storygame, so choose an excerpt that shows it off to its best!

:D
crazybookgal

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject:  

i accept :D
Thunderbird

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject:  

Yay! We're finalized then and can begin the voteoff as soon as I get everyone's excerpts. I have one so far...
worldtripper

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject:  

Ah, this is a fine idea. I hope to enter next months spotlight. I think I was just a tiny bit late, I've only posted my first chapter thus far. I will definetely be reading all of these stories. May the competition be fierce and sanguine. :D

Storygames Home -> Auditorium Archives
Page 1 of 1