Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Door Handle (Multiverse version)
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Multiverse Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Door Handle (Multiverse version)  

Story has been removed for editing
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject:  

Well... I may have been quiet around the forums, but certainly not in the Multiverse. Door Handle, the CYOA version has had a bit of an overhaul, and you're welcome to read and comment on it, if you don't mind tripping over the coding blunders, notes to self, sections in synopsis form, colour anomalies and other weirdities.

In fact I'd welcome it - any reaction, good or bad. This multibranching thing is trickier than I thought. :D
Chinaren

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject:  

I had a quick look, and you've done a good job, except the bit where I went home and that finished the story. :shock:

Frankly I wouldn't touch one of these multiple choice stories, in story format, with a bargepole. Unless you plan it in advance really carefully, you'll end up writing not one, but possibly hundreds of permutations of the story, and I barely have time for a single version! They're simply too much work.

If you keep it to the 'choose your adventure' simple game type of stories though, as the old 'D&D' style books way back, and on various other story-game sites, then that's far more manageable. I used to do them when I was a kid in fact.
Emperor

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject:  

Why have I never seen this multiverse stuff before. That was fun. Even though I "lost" orrrr I think I lost. But still. Fun!
Key

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject:  

Yes, the City is deep, with many ancient passages. I had completely forgotten about the Multiverse myself, but it's still there...

:-)

Storygames Home -> Multiverse Stories
Page 1 of 1