Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Revivoscent
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Arena
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crossfire

Location: Somewhere between here and not-here, now and not-now... in the half-light, the borderlands, between.

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:33 am    Post subject: Revivoscent  

Let's start this up now.

*overpowering perfume.*

Okay.

So, who wants to learn how to play this game? It's actually pretty damn good, so if you want to organize a game (let's say, NOW RIGHT NOW NOW NOW), that would be smashing, simply smashing.

Thoughts:

I actually wanted it to have complicated rules, like Elevation and that. Losing yourself in the board and its dynamics. It is at present a simple enough game.
Thunderbird

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject:  

Yeah, good idea!

I really need to read up on how to play... too bad that link just takes to the main IFki page... perhaps copying over the rules into the forum could help.
Crossfire

Location: Somewhere between here and not-here, now and not-now... in the half-light, the borderlands, between.

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Rules  

Sequence of Play

Terrain Change

First, add the number of hexes under your control. Using this number, you may perform the following actions as long as the value would not be brought below zero by them during this phase:

-4: Change a hex you control one stage.
-6: Change an uncontrolled hex one stage.
-8: Change a hex controlled by your opponent one stage.

Movement

Creatures you control may make any legal land moves; flying creatures may choose to instead take flight.
Flying creatures must make this choice at the start of this phase. Additionally, if their endurance has been expended, they must land at the end of this phase.

Combat

Any number of creatures may target a single hex as a group, if their attacks are in range. The range of a melee attack is always zero.
The group with the lowest combined power loses a creature at random, and must retreat (detailed below).

Retreat

Attackers retreat to the hex they attacked from, if they moved into an occupied hex.
Each defender retreats to a random legal hex controlled by their player.
Creatures with no valid retreats are killed at end of phase and their death effects, if any, take over.

Equip and Mount

Creatures may equip items or enter vehicles during this phase. Any number of items may be equipped or unequipped, and any number of vehicles may be entered or left, although a creature may only be in one vehicle at any given point, and each vehicle has a set limit of the number of creatures that may enter it.

Winning

Conquer the centre hex of the row furthest from your starting row.

I wonder how I can repair the formatting.
Ingrothechundyer

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject:  

I think this is the link you need to use :?
Crossfire

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject:  

I figured that out just thirty seconds ago. Thank you, Ingroth. You want to come to Chat?

Storygames Home -> Arena
Page 1 of 1