Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

SparkleSteps - Chapter Sixteen: Part 3 is FINALLY up!
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> SparkleSteps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tikanni Corazon

Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: SparkleSteps - Chapter Sixteen: Part 3 is FINALLY up!  

SparkleSteps ~ Chapter 16: Part 3

As she ran, Chanah extended fingers of awareness from her mind, to see if she could find out how the plan had worked out. Sorren, she could feel as clearly as her own heartbeat, trailing her endlessly, a mere few metres away. She sensed another being fleeing the clearing in the opposite direction, and one that remained alongside the foul aura of the Veeka.

Though she couldn't tell who it was using her senses, her heart told her that the one who had been left behind must be Milo, and she surprised herself by feeling troubled for the boy's safety. Even as she ran, she shook her head, as if to clear it of the nuisance feeling, but it remained lodged there just the same. Thoughts tumbled through her mind, one after the other, making her re-evaluate her current plans. Up until now, all that had mattered was Sorren, and getting him away from this place and back to their home. But now she found herself...caring, about the others too.

She huffed, and drew her awareness away from the people she'd left behind, directing it ahead of her, to see how much further she had to go. The birch wasn't too far ahead, and a smile formed across her face, in the knowledge that she would undoubtedly succeed in her task.

Suddenly, she found herself thrown off her feet, and forced off the path, by a weight that far exceeded her own. Pain burned through her shoulder and abdomen, as though her insides had been set aflame, and the scent of rank, carnivorous breath filled the air around her. She hit the ground with a hard thump, that knocked the wind out of her lungs, and felt the weight of her attacker wholly on top of her. She found herself looking into a wide, grinning maw, dripping with putrid-smelling salivia, and large, golden eyes, narrowed into malicious slits regarded her in return.

Chanah attempted to struggle against the Harlimane's grip, but cried out as it dug it's claws deeper into her flesh, piercing through her stomach as if it were made of butter. She was unable to stop tears leaking from the corners of her eyes, the pain was so intense. She began to reach for the dagger, which sat invitingly in the scabbard at her waist, but the creature wasn't stupid. At the first sign of movement, it retracted one set of claws from her shoulder, and quickly sank them into her arm instead. She screamed.

"GET OFF ME!" she shrieked at the beast, who hissed at her in return, and extended it's forked, serpentine tongue to dance across her flesh, tasting her skin and sweat.

Chanah, ignoring her torn abdomen, pushed past the pain, and rose her free arm, and, balling her fingers into a fist, she smashed the creature across the face as hard as she could. It landed directly in one of it's eyes and the Harlimane roared in fury, and instantly moved it's other paw to try and pin down the free limb. Chanah gasped as the claws were withdrawn from her stomach, feeling them pulling back through the already broken flesh, but didn't allow it to hold her back.

As soon as her lower body was free, she flung herself upwards, wrapping her legs around the creatures body, and crushing it as hard as she could with her thighs. She surprised the Harlimane, who screeched in annoyance, and leapt back to try and dislodge her, letting her arms go free once again, in doing so. Instantly, her hands were at the creature's throat, digging her nails into it's flesh, attempting to smother it's windpipe. The Harlimane gave a strangled yelp, and began to thrash around.

At that moment, Sorren ran into the clearing, and halted before the battle in front of him. At the sight of him, the Harlimane arched it's back, and hissed loudly, backing away from Chanah as it did so. Shocked by the reaction of the creature to her lover, Chanah stilled in disbelief for a moment. But as Sorren began to advance on her, she suddenly came to her senses and sprang to her feet, taking off at a tremendous speed in the direction of the birch tree. Her awareness told her that Sorren wasted no time in taking off after her, sending the Harlimane fleeing in the opposite direction.

Her stomach was bleeding profusely, and each movement she made was agony, but she paid it no heed, knowing that everything, including her own life, depended on her getting to her destination. She had to reach the tree, then she could rest.

Suddenly a feeling of strength filled her, welling up inside her like the air in her lungs. The pain subsided, and became little more than a numb throbbing. Then a voice reached her.

"Come...I am waiting for you...bring him to me, and together we will set him right."

The voice was beautiful, ethereal, almost like the song of the wind, and distinctly female. That combined with the anewed strength, made it easy for Chanah to realise that the birch tree was lending a hand again, as she'd done for Milo. She took full advantage, and sped on, blissfully unaware of the pain in her abdomen, and the blood dripping in tiny rivers down her body and splashing onto her thighs and on the ground behind her.

As she continued to move forward, the aura of the tree became clearer in her mind, and the messages of encouragement stronger.

"Come, my child...You're so very close..."

The words whispered through her thoughts like the sweet rustling of leaves on an autumn breeze, and an instant later, she saw the birch, standing proud and beautiful ahead of her. Sorren was still close, and heading straight for her.

She reached the trunk, and touched it as she breezed past, luring Sorern on further.

"Please don't hurt him..." she whispered, as she waited for her lover to catch up.

~~~

Bob kept running as the boy had told him, though he didn't need much incentive. The pull was dragging him relentlessly towards his destination, and he couldn't stop himself from getting to it as quickly as possible, any more than he could stop the beating of his own heart.

'I'm close', he thought to himself. 'I can feel it!'

Continuing to pelt through the trees, at the speed of a jaguar on the hunt, he found himself, before long, in a clearing. Beautiful clear pools were scattered around it, the moon's iridescent light bouncing off the surface of the water. But Bob could barely look at them, save to prevent himself from falling headlong into one as he walked along.

In the centre of the clearing stood a woman, who's beauty Bob had never seen the like of before. Cascading golden locks, and enchanting blue eyes, that had a look about them that made Bob feel that she could make a man feel any emotion she wished him to. At the moment, the eyes matched the rest of her features. Joy sparkled in them, and she held out her arms to him.

"You're here!" she cried, softly, as he approached, taking his hands in hers. "Finally, we will be whole again."

He looked at her, confused.

"Whole again?" he questioned, only the faintest hint of his former gruffness remaining, replaced with a strange feeling of innocence, and of being lost. He suddenly didn't know who he was, or why he was there. He only knew that this woman could give him the answers.

She smiled.

"Yes, my dear. You're not what you think you are. All these years, you've been playing the part of an old man, when in truth, you are a chunk of a puzzle, waiting to be put back together with it's fellow pieces. And now, that time has arrived."

She placed her hands on either side of Bob's head, and leaned forward to kiss his forehead.

"Do not be afraid..." she whispered, gazing deeply into his eyes.

As he watched, the features of her face began to shift and swirl, as if they were made of water, looking down, he could see that her body was the same, vaguely keeping it's human form, but seemingly in constant movement. It looked to match the water in the pools in texture and colouring, with the moonlight glittering upon the surface of her.

A moment of panic overcame him, as he suddenly realised his own body matched hers, both of them having become formless, sexless entites. A voice echoed around the clearing, the voice of the woman who'd just transformed before his very eyes.

"Don't be frightened, my dear...step into me...so that we may be one, once more..."

Something about the voice calmed his nerves, and made him feel at peace, and he did as he was bid. Stepping forward, he felt his body merging into hers, her thoughts becoming his own. He was no longer the old man, realising he's never been that person in truth. He'd been merely a piece of something shattered, that was now coming together again. This was how it was meant to be. Now he was home.

~~~

Mot watched from amongst the trees, transfixed in awe at the sight before him. He saw Tianna and the old man turn into living liquid before his eyes, and merge into each other. Saw their combined shape twist and fuse together, before a great flash of light filled the clearing. The power of it was such that Mot was thrown from his feet, landing awkwardly on his injured leg. He cried out, grimacing in pain.

He lay there, until the light had near disappeared, and all that remained was a faint glow. He groaned as he got back to his feet, trying to put all the weight onto his good leg. Looking back into the clearing, he found a sight awaiting him that made him smile.

The woman stood before him, the same woman as before, though she was also oh so different. Her beauty, unrivaled before, had increased unbelievably. Her skin had taken on a glow and radiance unknown to man or elf, while her features, perfect and ethereal, were enhanced. Her cheekbones that little bit more sculpted, her eyes a touch more blue, her lips slightly plumper, and curved into a delicate smile. Her whole being exuded strength and heart, and in that moment, Mot knew that everything would turn out well.

He stepped into the clearing, and walked up to Tianna, and, taking her hand, he bent to kiss it.

"My lady," he said quietly, still not quite over his awe of the recent happenings. "I am yours to command."

So, what's Tianna's plan of action? Head straight to the clearing? Try to find Chanah and Sorren first? Or something else that I haven't thought of? The choice is yours, dear readers. Sorry it's been such a long time coming. ;)
Andolyn

Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject:  

i miiiiiiissssed this!! Amazing as always, my dear =) your descriptions are so incredibly detailed that you can see the picture happening right in front of your eyes, yet you do it in such a way that the reader isn't lost in it. LOVE it. =D

i'd say that Tiana knows her business is with the Veeka, so she's going to want to head in that direction, i would say.
Lilith

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject:  

STAB THE FRIGGING VEEKA! Go help Milo for craps' sake! He's just a kid and helped free the old man so he could make Tianna whole again. She OWES him now!
PopeAlessandrosXVIII

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: I Think.......  

Very nice, as always. I like how you managed to draw3 me right back into the tale even though it has been a while since I read it :P

The visuals are stunning, and the feelings put bhind your words are strong, and evident. Even with Chanah, her new found emotions go sailing through me, leaving a nice warm hum. I can't wait to see what heppens!

DP. . . .All honesty, I say she head for Jeb and get the spear. Unless he will reach the Veeka at just the right time, she needs to go get the spear first, then, OFF TO THE KEELING! That's my idea. . .

Keep up the good work!
Thunderbird

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject:  

Really enjoyed this installment. I'm thinking, from a dp perspective, that she'd know about the trees and would go there first to make an alliance call - gather the troops of the forest to assist in taking on the Veeka. This, we know, would lead to meeting with the others.
Tikanni Corazon

Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject:  

Thanks Andi, Lil, Pope, and TB! Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, but I've been feeling under the weather for a while now, and it doesn't look to be stopping any time soon.

Anyways, polls are up (please remember there are 3 seperate polls, so be sure to vote on all of them. :)

I'll try and get the next (possibly final) chappie up asap. My thanks to all of you for reading! :)
Emperor

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject:  

Yay for Tikky and Sparkle being up and running. Boo for me being crazy busy and never being able to catch up.
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject:  

Okie doke, all three polls are now closed. Thankyou for voting, and I'm going to try and get what is likely to be the final chapter up very soon. Thanks again all! Much appreciated! ;)
Lupaviola7

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject:  

I can't wait for the next chapter..this is extremely well written :)
Tikanni Corazon

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject:  

Thankyou Lupaviola7! It means alot that you've taken the time to work your way through my little tale, and even more that you enjoyed it. Hopefully I won't be keeping you waiting too long. I have nearly completed the first part of the final chapter, so it shouldn't be too much longer before it's posted up. ;)

Thanks again! :)

Storygames Home -> SparkleSteps
Page 1 of 1