Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> InterFable Stories - Bushido - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D-Lotus

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Bushido: Chapter 8: Poll  

OK, decide.
Chainfire

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject:  

Hey D, I haven't gotten a chance to read all the chapters yet, but I voted and I will read them all with time. Even though the black with yellow hurts my eyes. LOL
D-Lotus

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject:  

Voting without knowing what the story is about is kinda stupid. I would read before I vote.....hhmph, impatient youths now a day.... :D

Anyway, at least you took an interest, that's all I ask chainfire....or should I say...

Ethereal Jr.??????? Muahahahaha :shock:
Mordok

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject:  

Wait! change my vote to the innovative "Kill yourself". Thats what I really meant.
Reiso

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject:  

He can not move on and forget - it is too difficult for him to let something this important go. Chopping him into Sushi would be neat - especially considering the need for artistic presentation in sushi dishes - but I think he still has too much personal honor to kill him without permission. And while seppuko would satisfy honor and remove any implied dishonor to his name, his need for vengeance is too strong for him to be satisfied with this. So my choice is that he ask for permission to kill the guy. It seems the most Samurai choice.

- My two cents
Random

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject:  

By coming to terms with the past, I simply meant that it is time for Kihachi to deal with the past in one way or another. All of the choices you gave will accomplish this feat.

Except for the one I picked of course. I went with asking Monako but what I really should point is that Kihachi is now a samurai. We are obviously near the end of the samurai era when the honorable warriors were considered old fashioned and obsolete. But there were a great many who still respected the samurai for what they accomplished. It was the bearucrats that wanted them gone.

I think Monako would see the wisdom in keeping a samurai happy and in his corner. A business man left with the choice of losing a useless garbage man, or having to live with a brooding samurai, would be able to deal with the loss.
fauna

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject:  

He is now a Samurai. He's travelled a lonesome, dusty road to get there. Now the angry scar on the face that brought Kihachi to this bitter point in life confronts him once again. And its taunting light burns from the face of a useless garbage man.

I just think this would all be too ironic for Kihachi to handle. Be damned with honor, valor, or what others might expect of him. He's going to want to flay the man, wrap him around sushi meshi, spice him up with some wasabi, and prettily display him on a dish. Itadakimasu!
Ravenwing

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject:  

I would have to agree with fauna. As much as I would like to see Kihachi do the honorable thing by either asking his friend to kill the guy or just ignore him, it doesn't seem possible. He has all this pent-up anger and revenge would definitely still be on his mind. Go ahead chop the guy into bits, wrap him in salted seaweed, and add some soy sauce and wasabi and that should be the end for him. 8)
D-Lotus

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject:  

Hai, itidakimusa. Anata wa, sushi o tabemaska?

Quote: We are obviously near the end of the samurai era when the honorable warriors were considered old fashioned and obsolete

Actually 200 years more to go before that happens.
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject:  

D-Lotus wrote: Hai, itidakimusa. Anata wa, sushi o tabemaska?

Definately, I want you to chop him into sushi!
D-Lotus

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject:  

Anata o wakarimasen!!! (You don't understand)

Actually, what I said is:

Want to eat sushi?
D-Lotus

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject:  

Anybody else?

Storygames Home -> InterFable Stories - Bushido - COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1