Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Kingdom of Isteraal RP
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Role Play Rules and Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilith

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Kingdom of Isteraal RP  

This is a custom-plot Freeform RP run by myself and Tikanni Corazon.

The plot itself is based in the genre of High Fantasy. This means that while Magic, Dragons, Elves and Dwarves exist in our world, not everyone is going to be an elf, half-elf or dwarves. We will not be allowing Half-Dragons or "Dragonborns" as a playable race. Dragons in this world are massive, fire-breathing creatures that while highly intelligent and telepathic, think humans beneath them and do not have the ability to shape-shift into a human. They are also very rare and tend to be rather aggressive, no matter what color.

The Kingdom of Isteraal is one huge continent with five major cities spread around in the strategic power points of the land. In the cities there is a temple placed at the very center of the coalesced power point of the land. The whole of Isteraal follows the teachings of duality through the Trio of Gods and Trio of Goddesses, also referred to as the Divine Ones or the Divine as a whole, and in each temple there is a priestess and a priest that represents every face of the God and Goddess in the trios. These Chosen few are held to the utmost highest standard of the faith and every day conduct themselves to adhere to the Divine’s will.

For centuries, the humans that lived in Isteraal peacefully associated and traded with the Elves and Dwarves; the Elves lived across the chilly waters of the Arctic Sea in the West in their lands the Forest of Meldanreth where they could make their magically-imbued bows, arrows, and staves, while the Dwarves that lived past the warm Tropic Sea waters to the south in their volcanic islands called as a whole the Isles of Virrimar where they could mine and forge ores to bend to their will for the great War-Shields and double-edged Long Swords of untold strength and magical qualities.

But this blessed peace was not to last. Historical records say that it was about a millennium ago when the skies over the Isles of Virrimar and the Forest of Meldanreth turned black and rained down stones of fire onto their lands, destroying everything. The remainders of these races fled to the Kingdom of Isteraal, accepted by the humans that had long been their neighbors. While the fleeing races were willing to share their knowledge of metallurgy and animal husbandry as well as agriculture with the humans, the Temple folk seemed to think that they were owed more than this and declared that since the Elves and Dwarves were unwilling to share their other knowledge (such as engraving spells and protection into the weapons they were able to make) that these Outsiders were not faithful to the Divine. As the Temples’ word was accepted as close to law as the royal proclamations, soon the Elves and Dwarves became nomads and either live in the wilderness outside of the great cities or simply hide what they are from the humans around them if they decide to take the risk and live in the great cities.

Three years ago, during the annual Mid-Summer ritual, the High Temple in Tirola, (the major epicenter of the Kingdom where the royal family normally lives) lost all three of their priestess in one fell swoop. The accepted explanation is that the Divine called them from their bodies to serve them in the Spirit Realm. So three new Priestesses were appointed from the likely group of Acolytes that served in the Temple by the men and women of: the Air Temple in the City of Cirreous which is located in the far east up in the foothills of the High Mountains where the best Healers are trained and recommend many ill folk to come and breathe the calm, clean breeze that whips through the mountains and drink the melted glacial milk directly from the ice-caps; the Fire Temple in the City of Galli to the far south in the desert sands that lead to the warm Tropic Sea where rare and exotic fruits, spices and nuts are brought from far away merchant ships and the finest metalsmiths can be found hunkering over their anvils close to the metal-ore-rich mines; the Water Temple in the City of Lorelai to the far west sitting on the cliffs over the raging and tossing chill waters of the Artic Sea where the ports are rich with edible fish and crustaceans as well as the ships that come and go from the far away lands; and the Earth Temple in the City of Brennae to the far north in the fertile lush farmland where most of the Kingdom’s food supply is grown.

High Temple in the City of Tirola

Crone Priestess: Rhyanon, 33, Chosen to replace Celestia 3 years ago.

Predecessor: Celestia, died three years ago at the age of 84, having reigned for 29 years.

Mother Priestess: Lenoré, 22, Chosen to replace Kylara 3 years ago.

Predecessor: Kylara, died in the same ritual as Celestia at the age of 45, having reigned for 20 years.

Maiden Priestess: Sänra, 15, Chosen to replace Viane 3 years ago.

Predecessor: Viane, died in same ritual as Kylara and Celestia at the age of 17, having reigned for 5 years.

Earth Temple in the City of Brennae

Crone Priestess: Chantrea, 49
Mother Priestess: Theia, 31
Maiden Priestess: Elian, 17
Wiseman Priest: Mithras, 57
Man Priest: Nathaniel, 36
Youth Priest: Pythros, 19

Water Temple in the City of Lorelai
Crone Priestess: Moana, 50
Mother Priestess: Larissa, 30
Maiden Priestess: Selene, 20
Wiseman Priest: Leander, 55
Man Priest: Nereus, 32
Youth Priest: Taneth, 22

Fire Temple in the City of Galli
Crone Priestess: Althea, 66
Mother Priestess: Saffron, 29
Maiden Priestess: Astraea, 18
Wiseman Priest: Castor, 63
Man Priest: Pyrrhus, 40
Youth Priest: Ash, 17

Air Temple in the City of Cirreous
Crone Priestess: Esen, 61
Mother Priestess: Kalani, 33
Maiden Priestess: Sora, 16
Wiseman Priest: Tangaroa, 78
Man Priest: Zeru, 37
Youth Priest: Wayra, 18

All entries will be reviewed and approved for playing by myself or her.

You will follow the rules listed below:

1.) RESPECT YOUR FELLOW RPERS. This is number one on our list because respect to your peers is very important to us. Anyone found/reported to be acting rude and inconsiderate to other RPers will be booted from the game, immediately.

2.) Admin's word on ruling of actions and whether or not something works is FINAL. The admins are myself and Tika.

3.) Stick within the common sense bounds of our setting, please. No silly things like showers, cars, guns, electricity, ect.

4.) The post style for this Play-by-Post is preferred to be Round Robin. That means everyone who is participating posts in turn, that way, no one thread-jacks or gets left behind. HOWEVER, things to do come up, people do get Writer's Block or just can't post otherwise. Therefore, if the person whose turn it is to post hasn't posted within two days of the previous person's, one or both of the admins will prod the next person in line to post again, skipping the absent person.

5.) If you've been skipped a total of three times in a row, your character will be put on ice, which means comatose or disappeared or whatever we come up with plotwise, and you will be on probation. Probation retractions are discussed with the admins directly.

*As time allows, we may be able to run the RP in REAL TIME once in awhile on a medium such as Skype (No we aren't going to make you speak or video chat with us, Skype just makes it very easy to save logs and remember what happens in its IM feature) or mIRC/IceChat/LeafChat. If these options are viable to you and you like them, please say so on your application/character sheet. *
Andolyn

Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject:  

I like this! very interested!! I know everyone can't be an elf...but seeing as one of my personas here is in fact...an elf...may i be prease?? lol
Cyberworm

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject:  

I need a jump-start, so I'll participate. :D When can we expect to start? Does it depend on the required number of players enrolling, or is there a set time limit to aply for the RP?
Lilith

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject:  

Okay dears! The final product of our long labor of love is up! Who else would like to join us?

*Andi: We'll talk when you apply for your character. Remember to stick to the backstory we've set up for the Elves and such.

Here's the character sheet! Please use the coding I've set up in the formatting of it. When it's done, PM to myself or Tika.. OR upload it to google docs and let us know so we can comment on it if need be. ((It will end up there anyway when we review your application, but with private permissions.))

Code: [b][i][u]Your Character Sheet![/u][/i][/b]

[b]Name:[/b] (Please be realistic)

[b]Nicknames/Aliases/Titles:[/b] (Make some sort of sense please)

[b]Age:[/b] (Use your common sense please when picking ages for Elves or Dwarves, they age much SLOWER than humans)

[b]Birthplace:[/b] (Where were you born?

[b]Race:[/b] (Meaning Human, Dwarf, or Elf. No halvesies. And you would have to REALLY impress us to be allowed a race other than human as the other two are rare.)

[b]Home:[/b] (Which City is your home?)

[b]Gender:[/b] (Male or Female)

[b]Character Appearance:[/b]

[i]Height:[/i] (In feet and inches, please be realistic for the age)
[i]Weight:[/i] (In pounds, must be realistic for age and height)
[i]Hair Colour:[/i] (Brown, Blonde, Black, or Red. Nothing weird.)
[i]Eye Colour:[/i] (Blue, Grey, Green, Brown, or Hazel. No weird reds, blacks, pinks, or violets. Just creepy.)
[i]Body Type:[/i] (Curvy, Wiry, Slim, Willowy, Stocky, Ect. Make it reasonable)
[i]Ethnicity:[/i] (Meaning Skin-Tone)
[i]Miscellaneous:[/i] (Anything extra - tattoos, piercings, scars etc)

[b]Relationship Status:[/b] (Single, Married, Widowed, ect.)

[b]Personality:[/b] (A brief description please of your character's personality.)

[b]Favourite Colour:[/b]

[b]Biggest Fear:[/b]

[b]Biggest Desire:[/b]

[b]Family Members:[/b] (Names and relationship to character)

[b]Character History:[/b] (At least 2 Paragraphs, a paragraph is 3-5 sentences. Remember to mention how you went from where you lived to the Capital City or if you lived there already, how you came to be at the MidSummer Festivities sponsored by the temple. All characters will begin the story at that point, so easy place to link to. Later on, if more people want to join the story, we'll have to require that they give a very good reason for their character to be coming across the party.)

Andolyn

Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject:  

question...what is the average lifespan of the people? Elves, Dwarves, Humans?
Lilith

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject:  

Fantastic question Andi! I've done a little research on Dungeon & Dragons' & Tolkien's Elves & Dwarves (which is the basic classic for most I know) and what has been decided is that for OUR SETTING is the following: (Please note that this is customized for our setting, so don't start saying things like, "but in Lord of the Rings it says this" please.)

Elves:

Average Height: About the same as a human, maybe a little taller.
Average Weight: Usually a little less than a human's.

00 - 35: Child
36 - 45: Pre-Adolescent
51 - 75: Adolescent
76 - 135: Young Adult
136 +: Adult

Elves rarely die from old age, but are not Immortal, due to the fact they can be killed by the same physical things like humans (knife wounds, ect). They have a bonus of Lowlight Sight, Immunity to Poison & Illness. They also have a downfall of carrying children for an entire year before birth, low fertility rates, and slow to heal from a cut or wound that is not fatal. Elves consider humans to be beneath them, and so mating with a human never happens; truly, the fumbling, bumbling beings are repugnant in that fashion.

Dwarves:

Average Height: Not higher than 4ft 5in. at adulthood
Average Weight: 150-175 lbs at adulthood (Quite often squat and bulky, but the weight that makes up most of this is due to the heavy muscles toned by their crafting.)

00 - 50: Child
51 - 125: Pre-Adolescent
126 - 200: Adolescent
201 - 350: Young Adult
350 +: Adult

Dwarves age even slower than elves in this setting. There is a rumor that they were never actually born but morphed into being from spiritual places of power in caves and cliffs. They do not feel comfortable near water or in forests, but prefer to be surrounded by earth. Rarely will a Dwarf die from old age, but they do not have the same immunity to posions and illnesses that Elves to. They are MASTERS of craftmanship and can often be found hiding out in forges close to the City of Galli.

Contrary to popular belief, there ARE female dwarfs, and strangely enough, they do NOT have beards! They tend to head into wars and fights right alongside their men, shields raised as their keening battle cry rents through the skies.

Humans

00 - 09: Child
10 - 13: Pre-Adolescent
14 - 19: Adolescent
20 - 25: Young Adult
26 - 45: Adult
46 - 55: Middle-Aged
56 +: Elder

Humans are... just that, humans. They live short lives but are quite adaptable to weather changes, terrain changes, natural disasters, ect. They have no special bonus except their ability to LEARN ANYTHING! They're quite fantastic in this because both Elves and Dwarves are too stuck in their traditions to even consider some of the new ideas and inventions that Humans come up with.
Vishal Muralidharan

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject:  

Another question! What's the "normal" height & weight for the dwarves and elves?!

Also...

Quote: Mother Priestess: Lenoré, 22, Chosen to replace Viane 3 years ago.

Predecessor: Kylara, died in the same ritual as Celestia at the age of 45, having reigned for 20 years.

Kylara. :)
Lilith

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject:  

See Above Additions to Racial explanations.

I wasn't honestly expecting people to express a whole lot of interest in playing Elves or Dwarves, as this RP/Plot has really been formatted for humans.

If there are no other questions, we have one person approved and ready to go.

We only need one more before we're ready to begin the RP. If we get more than that, great! However, if we do not get another character approved and ready to play by tomorrow night, we'll start the campaign solo for the current player and have people join in when they are approved.
Reiso

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject:  

Ok, I am officially interested in this. I was in an RP here ages ago, and the only things I can remember about it are that I think I played a Minotaur, and it was run by Random, but most people don't remember him either. Anyway, I remember having a lot of fun and being disappointed when it petered out. Hopefully this one lasts longer.

Also I have no problem playing a human, cause I'm sorta sick of elves and though I always preferred dwarves, they're just too easy, so this looks like something I can get into.
Lilith

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject:  

Hey guys! Sorry about the hold up, I had a bunch of poop go haywire this weekend and some family CRAP magically crop up.. all when I'm struggling to start a new business. Joy.

I'm posting a new GM post this evening, as I do not know where my co-GM ran off to... but it'll be up shortly!

Storygames Home -> Role Play Rules and Requests
Page 1 of 1