Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Eye for an Eye
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> One-On-One Role Plays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
misterbiz

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Eye for an Eye  

This is a one-on-one rp between KK myself. Set in a land torn apart by war. A war that had just ended a year before, so everything is still pretty shaky. The elven race has almost been completely wiped out due to the fierce war between them and the joined armies of Men and Dwarves.

Player: misterbiz

Name: Varen the All-Seeing

Race: Elven

Height: 5'10

Weight: 170

Hair: Blonde; haings down just past his shoulders. Braided

Eyes: N/A

Skin: Pale

Build: Athletic

Clothes: Skin tight black leather armor. Long red coat. Black leather boots. Red cloth tied over his eyes.

Accessories: Three vials hang on a necklace. Ash in one, Blood in another, Magic in the third.

Powers/Skills(If Applicable): Skilled fighter and assassin even without his sight. Able to hit a target 200 yards away with an arrow. Able to dodge almost any attack thrown his way.

General Personality: Suave, Mysterious, Arrogant at times and self loathing at others, easily enraged, fiercely protective of his necklace and even more so of his comrades.

Background: TBR

Player: kkdestiny

Name: Aistinel D'entouronja

Race: Elven

Height: 5'6

Weight: 140

Hair: Milk chocolate brown; hair is down just past his shoulders. The hair on the sides of his head is braided with eagle feathers interlaced.

Eyes: Hazel

Skin: light tan

Build: Athletic

Clothes: Black reneissance like shirt. Skin tight black leather chest armor. Brown buckskin pants. Knee high black leather boots.

Accessories: Simple quartz crystal pendent on thin silver chain.

Powers/Skills(If Applicable): Skilled at grappling, knife fighting, and horse riding.

General Personality: Quiet, logical. Loyal and protective over his partner.

Background: Owes his partner his life.
misterbiz

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject:  

Varen stood in the clearing and took a deep breath. there was a deer in front of him. He could feel it. He pulled the longbow from his back and pulled an arrow from his quiver. Standing for a moment with the weapons in his hands, he slowly took aim. A breeze blew around him and he inhaled a deep breath of it.

Even though he couldn't see the deer, he knew he was there. Could sense its movements. It was eating. Taking another deep breath, he adjusted his aim to account for the wind and the slight slope of the clearing.

"Forgive me, gentle creature. I promise that your death will not be wasted."

Taking one final deep breath, he fired. The arrow flew through the air and caught the animal in the skull. It dropped fast and Varen lowered his bow.

"Now time to harvest the beast."
kkdestiny

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject:  

Aistinel had silently watched Varen make his kill, and now silently followed after him- skinning knife in hand. the fact that his partner and commander was able to make an exact kill whilst blind did not faze him.

He hefted the rope onto his shoulder. As they moved closer, behind his mysterious hazel eyes, he was already remembering how to skin a deer. Though he knew the process thoroughly, it was habit to review it.
misterbiz

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject:  

Varen found the deer and knelt down beside it. He placed his hand over the creatures eyes and sighed.

"Be with the gods, gentle beast. Know now that you will never again know suffering." As he stood, he pulled the arrow from the creature and placed it in the ground right next to it.

"Alright, Aistinel, get to work. It seems as if I've got a message." He moved a few feet away and after about a minute, a hawk flew down and landed on Varen's shoulder. He pulled a message from its foot and unwrapped it. He felt the paper.

"A job. Oh...oh yes. I'm going to enjoy this one. I've been waiting to dispose of this fool. Yes. Hurry up with the deear. Get us his meat. We've got work to do."
kkdestiny

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject:  

Quickly, quietly, efficiently- Aistinel dealt with the guts too. Organs had to be used quickly so he put the edible ones in their own bag. He paused and glanced up as the hawk came down.

Curious, he watched his partners face and listened to his voice. He was pleased, and so Aistinel wondered who they were to dispose of. as ordered, he quickly turned his attention to the deer. Artfully, he seporated the mass of meat from its bones, wrapped all of it in its own skin, and used some some leather string to close it.

All that was left was a mass of white with pieces of red here and there, a gift to the rest of the forest.

"I am done, Varen." he paused, "Who is our target?"
misterbiz

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject:  

"A powerful wizard. Royal adviser to a king. A monster in his own right. Though I have more reason to want him dead. I may even refuse payment on this one. This kill will be for my own pleasure."

His hand moved up and ran across the cloth that sat in front of his empty eye sockets. Memories came to his mind as he felt the soft cloth. He had met the wizard on a previous occasion. Only one. He lowered his hand, grabbed the arrow from the ground and placed it in his quiver.

"Come lad, we have a murder to plan..." he said with a wicked grin.
kkdestiny

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject:  

Aistinel froze for a moment as he spoke. They were after a wizard? And it seemed that Varen had a personal vendetta against him. Aistinel had a feeling that it wasn't going to be a quick seemless attack this time.

He tied the bags together and hefted them up on his shoulders. Quickly, he followed after his commander. silently, he wondered what he had in mind for this one. His mind went through a list, one that listed his strengths, Varen's, and the fact that their target was a wizard. He also had to calculate the fact this guy was close to a king and that Varen knew him. This might prove to be one of their more difficult missions. Part of him wondered about the idea of Varen refusing payment.
misterbiz

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject:  

Varen kept ahead of his companion as they moved through the forest. A sole hand resting on his necklace as he strode. Thinking back to the last time he saw the wizard. The last time he saw anything at all.

"I've got you this time, Vector. This time I've finally got you," he said. Realizing that he may be sounding quite mad, he smiled. "This wizard we're going against is quite cunning. Also quite powerful. I encountered him once. Thought we were comrades. It didn't end well. Now it appears someone else is angry at him."

He stopped in the middle of the path and spun around toward his companion, a serious look on his face. "This is not going to be easy. And there is a very good chance that neither of us will be walking away from this encounter unscathed. So if you want out now, I will not hold it against you. You can walk away now if you so desire."
kkdestiny

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject:  

Aistinel had kept silent on the walk back. His attention was split between watching where he placed each step and following Varen's personal ramblings. He must dealt a heavy blow or insult to him. He thought back to just before for clues and odd behaior. he wondered if this wizard was the one that took his partner's eyesight away from him.

All of a sudden, he heard Varen turn right around. he quickly stopped so as to not bump into him on accident.

Aistinel's calculations had been correct. It had to be especially so if Varen was warning him, and an even greater act of mercy- giving him the option to opt out of the mission. Strangely enough, the gesture only stirred feelings of loyalty up and made his sense of commitment stronger.

His eyes filled with an odd mixture of happy sadness and a smile slowly spread on his face - not that varen would be able to see- and he spoke the only words he thought would be at all important at this exact moment.

"My life is not mine to command, remember?"
misterbiz

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject:  

Varen smiled slightly before pulling a dagger from the inside of his coat. Reaching out, he felt until he grabbed his comrades shoulders then placed it in his hand. The dagger was a steel blade with a silver handle. Etched into the handle of it was the name Vector.

"This used to be his. It is what I want you to use to drive into that empty pit of a heart of his. It must be this dagger." he said. before letting go of it and turning and walking away.

"And yes, I want you to finish him off. Consider it a test."

He reached up and touched his eyecloth again, his hand not leaving as they strode. He remembered what the hills and the trees used to look like and he now suddenly found himself missing that sight once again.
kkdestiny

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject:  

Aistinel stood still as his commander fetched something to give to him. His eyes and hands examined the object once it was handed over. He made a mental note as he was given his instructions. He also was planning on how to make a sheathe for it.

He looked up at his commander. He enjoyed the gesture of trust, but he somehow came to dislike the knife itself.

"A test of what?" he asked as he followed Varen again, his slight annoyance was evident in his voice.

"I thought asking me to die for the cause would have been a better test." He continued, but this was muttered more to himself.
misterbiz

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject:  

"A test to see if you are ready to take over for me," he stated. "This is more than likely my last assassination. Afterwords, you will take up the bow, dagger, sword what have you and replace me as the ultimate assassin."

He smiled as he heard Aistenel mumble under his breath. "Dying for a cause is most noble, yes. But it must be your cause. Vector is mine. He's taken enough from me. You shall not die fighting him. I promise you this. No. No one else dies for my grudges. No one."

If there was anything behind the cloth, there would have been tears running down his face but instead, a small drop of blood rolled from under the cloth. He wiped it away and paused in the middle of the road.

"Quick. In the bushes. Now."
kkdestiny

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject:  

Varen's words had Aistinel wondering if he was meerly preparing to die, or if he was actually planning on it. Even in his years with Varen, the man proved too mysterious for Aistinel to assume an actual answer to his ponderings.

When there was a pause in his partner's stride, he became instantly aware of everything possible. When hetold him to get in the bushes, Aistinel quickly leapt into the nearest ones before Varen was even finished. he stayed there, crouched and knife at the ready. He gained control of his breath, and slowed it to the point where even his hyper hearing had trouble hearing it.

What was it? His eyes and ears trained themselves on where Varen had stood.
misterbiz

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject:  

Varen stood in the center of the road and after a couple of minute or so, a trio of horse bound individuals rode up in front of him. Varen made no movement but merely smiled as he stared at the ground.

"Varen the all-seeing?" the leader asked.

"Aye. I see all. Yet, I see nothing. What can I do for you?"

"There is a a large bounty out for your death or arrest. Will you come quietly?"

Varen simply smiled and stepped forward. As he neared the horse, he leaped up and knocked the leader off of the horse. As he hit the ground, he tossed two daggers into the skulls of the remaining two guardsmen. Looking to the leader, he let out a laugh.

"Let your master know that I will not be stopped. I am coming for him. He can use all the clairvoyance and magic that he can, but in the end he will be slain. Now go."

The leader rose and climbed onto his horse. Instead of riding off, he slowly pulled a crossbow from his back and started to aim at Varen. Before he could fire, Varen reached up and snatched the weapon from his hands, turned it on him and fired. The bolt caught the man in the skull and he dropped.

"It is safe, lad. You can come out now."
kkdestiny

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject:  

Aistinel sighed, both irritated and slightly incredulous. "And how is it you expect me to take your place?"

He pointedly stepped over the dead bodies and made his way towards the horses, who now were some paces further from Varen then when the whole thing started.

He whispered to them, gentle words seemed to lull them into ease of his presence. As he went up to each one, he put his hand on their saddles and pulled down a little, as if he was to get on. Only the leader's horse seemed to have a problem with it. Aistinel also noticed that it kept its eyes on the now dead leader.

He left that one alone.

Grabbing the reigns of the other two, he made his way over to his commander. "The leader's horse is a war horse. It isn't going anywhere."
misterbiz

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject:  

"Easy...you have eyes. The reason I can do what I do is I had to train all of my other senses. You will be able to do the same some day. When you wield the title of All-Seeing. Or All-hearing maybe. Wither way, you'll find you niche and the gods will show favor upon you. You have my word."

As his comrade brought him the horses, he nodded. Kneeling down, he pulled up the leader and placed him across the horse's back. With quickness, he tied to body down with rope in a saddlebag.

"Take him home," he said. The horse seemed to nod before turning and racing away. He then hopped on one of the others. "Ok. If Vector is in his usual domain then we have a weeks journey ahead of us. And that's by horseback. Might as well get started."

He snapped the reins and started the horse down the path.
kkdestiny

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject:  

"More like the all-average."
he muttered as he hoisted himself up onto his horse. She danced under him for a couple steps before settling down again. She may be tough to train.

Moving her so she trotted side by side with Varen, he spoke up again.

"I apologize for my attitude, but I don't understand how you can rightly guarantee the Gods' favor like that."

Hazel eyes searched the blind man for a moment before returning their attention to the road. He knew better than to push topics with his commander, so he decided he would stay silent, no matter what it was that Varen told him.
misterbiz

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject:  

"I can guarantee it because I am the All-seeing. I see all when I see nothing and deep in you, I can see greatness. I can see a mighty future. People trembling when your name is muttered. Just trust your master, boy," he stated.

After a good long while of riding, a inn appeared in the distance. "Come lad, let's get ourselves some roast pheasant at the inn. We'll get a room, have some drinks and get started early in the morning." He moved the horse up to a mound of hay nearby the building and tied him up.

"And maybe tomorrow, I will inform you of my history with our target."
kkdestiny

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject:  

"He took your sight."

He said quietly. He glanced over at him. "I am not all seeing, Varen, but I can see when you touch your bandage more than is usual."

He had lead his horse to be next to Varen's and was unsaddling it. His thoughts wandered to dinner. Roast pheasant sounded nice, though he still had to deal with the deer from earlier. Maybe he could get the cook to serve the organs as a side dish.
The rest of the animal would be easy enough to deal with, seeing as they had a smoke house here and he had money left over from their last mission. Smoked venison would make for excellent travelling rations. Varen said it would take a week afterall...

His hazel eyes slid over to rest on his commander yet again. Quietly, in the back of his mind, he wondered how long he would get to see him alive.

Storygames Home -> One-On-One Role Plays
Page 1 of 1