Free online storygaming

Election
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Election March 2013
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Election  

Hey everyone,

It's time again to choose the Mayor of our fair city!

:cheers:

The Mayor's term is six months, and the office is open to any interested citizen. The Mayor generally keeps the City running smoothly from day to day, doing such things as:
Running the Spotlight competitions, as applicable.
Disbursing fables for all prizes, including Spotlight, linear stories winner, completion of storygames, etc.
Moving storygames to the Hall of Stasis when finished or when they go on hiatus, and back when they're back off hiatus
Warning, banning and deleting inappropriate/spam comments and users as needed
Bestowing custom ranks when paid for.
Creating new groups and forums as needed
Selecting new City Council members, Deputy Mayors, and moderators as needed
Setting configurable forum options, such as inbox and signature size
Managing the money supply, including setting how many fables are awarded for what activities.
Chairing Council and Citizen discussions on City issues
Being the path of escalation if a citizen is unhappy with a moderator's actions or decision.
Mediating disagreements between citizens
Post here if you're interested in being the City of IF's next Mayor. Our current Mayor Andolyn has decided to run again. So if there are any other interested parties, we will have an election...

I'll keep this open for a few days to make sure everyone has a chance to volunteer, and then we'll have a chance to have an open discussion with any candidates on the issues important to the City.

:-)
Tikanni Corazon

Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject:  

I've been kinda pondering going for this for the last few weeks, and I was rather on the fence...but I'm going for it. Consider the hat thrown in. ;)
PopeAlessandrosXVIII

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Election  

I believe I too will try my luck in this election. *Throws jester cap down next to Tikanni's hat*
Andolyn

Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject:  

YAY TIKA!!! :D
Key

Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject:  

All right, looks like a lively three-way election! One last call for any more candidates...
Key

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject:  

OK, it looks like we have three candidates for Mayor: Tikanni, Pope, and Andolyn. Congratulations and thanks to all the candidates for stepping into the ring.

:cheers:

The next phase of the election is the question phase. Any citizen is free to post questions of the candidates by opening a new topic in this forum, and the candidates are also free to make statements. This is your chance as a member of this community to raise any issue that's important to you.

We'll keep this phase open as long as the conversation is still going; once everyone has had their say, we'll vote!

:-)
Key

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject:  

Hi everyone,

Andolyn has told me that due to RL issues that may limit her ability to do another term as Mayoress, she has decided to withdraw from the race. So a big thanks to Andolyn for her service to the community, and best wishes for the future.

:rock:

We're now down to a two-person race, Tiki and Pope.

Storygames Home -> Election March 2013
Page 1 of 1