Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Linear District
View previous topic :: View next topic  
misterbiz

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: The Hessian  

Fade in:

EXT. Woods - DUSK - 1780

Caleb (V.O.)
For as long as man could speak, there have been stories about good and evil.

An American Revolutionary is running through the woods. The Hessian follows in leisurely pursuit.

CALEB (V.O.)
Tales of good men battling evil creatures. Knights and dragons. Woodsmen and their big bad wolves.

The Revolutionary stops and turns. He fires a shot at the Hessian and misses. The Hessian continues his pursuit without breaking stride. The Revolutionary turns back around and continues to run.

CALEB (V.O.)
These fables existed to provide morals. Teach children about life. Let them know the important facts of how to live.

The Hessian pulls a small axe from his hip and throws it. It lodges in a tree near The Revolutionary. The Revolutionary stops and changes directions. The Hessian continues his lazy pursuit.

CALEB (V.O.)
The first moral is simple. The world is split into two types of people. Good and Evil. Shades of grey don't exist.

The Revolutionary shifts his course again. The Revolutionary trips. After a quick beat, he pushes himself up and continues to run.

CALEB (V.O.)
White is the color of purity. Blackness is death. All you need to do is life in the white realm and you can never be considered in the dark.

The Revolutionary slows his run as he sees a cabin. The Hessian throws another axe. It lands in the back of his leg. The Revolutionary buckles down. He limps forward while The Hessian follows.

CALEB (V.O.)
The second moral. Evil only exists to taint good. The dark just exterminates the light.

The Revolutionary barges through the front door of the cabin. It is empty. He closes the door and locks it. He pushes a table against it and collapses.

CALEB (V.O.)
Nevermind the fact that without the light, the shadows wouldn't exist to begin with.

The Revolutionary crawls to the wall by the door. With a wince, he pulls the axe from his leg and tosses it. He looks around nervously. After a few beats, he pulls an iron cross pendant from his shirt and clutches it.

The Revolutionary
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed by thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

The Revolutionary's prayer cuts off as an axe slams through the door. The Hessian outside chops at the door again. He gives it a final chop before walking away.

CALEB (V.O.)
The final Moral is the most common. It is the one that pervades all our consciousness. The one we all cling to.

The Revolutionary looks around to try and find The Hessian. He clings tighter to his cross and lets out a deep breath. After a beat, there is the sound of glass breaking. The Revolutionary widens his eyes.

CALEB (V.O.)
That moral is the belief that good will always conquer. No matter the situation. If you are on the side of good, you can vanquish any evil.

THE REVOLUTIONARY
(Frightened)
Dear God in heaven, please deliver an angel unto me. Save me from this wretched soul who pursues me. Jesus Christ in heaven, save me.

The Hessian enters from the master bedroom, axe drawn. He approaches The Revolutionary and stares down at him. The Revolutionary stares up at him. His eyes move from The Hessian's face to his weapon.

THE REVOLUTIONARY
Dear Lord, please hear me. I beg of you. Please spare me.Deliver me from this place. Save my wretched soul.

The Hessian points his axe at The Revolutionary. The Revolutionary looks up and into The Hessian's eyes.

Caleb (V.O.)
That's the thing about fairy tales though. And by extension, their morals.

The HESSIAN
Gott hat gesprochen. Mit meinem Stahl lockt er dich.

The HESSIAN (SUBTITLE)
God has spoken. With my steel, he beckons thee.

The Hessian hits The Revolutionary with the handle of the axe. The Revolutionary falls to the floor. The Hessian raises his axe and brings it down to behead The Revolutionary.

CALEB (V.O.)
They're nothing but lies.

The Hessian sheathes his weapon. He picks up The Revolutionary's head. With one hand, he moves the table and unlocks the door. The Hessian leaves and strolls back into the woods.

Cut TO:
Seraphi

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject:  

Oh my goooooooooooosh! Curse you impromptu "cut to" that goes nowhere! *shakes fist menacingly*

Excellent start, Biz. I am craving moreness. Make it so! ...Pretty please? Heheh, keep up the great work :D

Storygames Home -> Linear District
Page 1 of 1