Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Lunatic Snow
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

(currently a favorite of )
   Storygames Home -> -> The Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Lunatic Snow Reply with quote

Lunatic Snow

Her first sight in the world was that of blood, staining the snow around her, staining her. The first sounds she was aware of were the harsh cries of carrion crows, arguing over the flesh of her dead father. She whimpered, in the soft, lost way of all newborns, and crawled to where her mother lay, laboring to bring her siblings into the world. The she-wolf licked her pup halfheartedly and made sure that the pup began to suckle.

Slowly her brother and sister were ushered into the world, a world that became cold all too soon as their mother breathed her last when the first snowflakes fell. Yet, in that instant before death, the cunning she-wolf passed on the knowledge of generations to her eldest daughter, just as her mother had passed it on to her. The pup knew that they were truly alone now until the help her mother had waited on arrived.

It was dark by the time they came and the little pups were close to perishing as the soft, cold snow piled around them. Both were bitterly hungery, having had no chance to eat before their mother passed on. The eldest pup had done the best she could but when all was said and done she was only a pup herself. A pup with aincent eyes.

Now she woke as the eyes that shone like flames in the darkness came ever closer to where she lay. Through the driving snow others of her kind materialized from the icey shadows. Slowly one came and took her sister, then another came and took her brother. But when the third came for her he pulled away with his ears flat to his head and lips pulled back in a feral smile.

The big she-wolf then came forward and snarled at him in words she didn't know that the pup understood. "She is only a child. How can you see her as a threat Merrick?" Yet the wolf would come no closer and only snarled back.

"Look at her Therese, and tell me she is no threat. Get a good look at the child your sister has borne us!" Slowly the big she-wolf turned to stare at her older sister's eldest child. What she saw, sitting calmly in the snow, looked like it belonged there.

The pup had white fur, so pure and sparkling in hue that the snow seemed dirty by comparison, and its eyes...oh its eyes. They were huge and the deepest shade of indigo blue, melding seamlessly into midnight violet. They were the haunting eyes of something far older than this hours old pup, something that had seen centuries in seconds and watched mountains grind themselves to dust.

She two pinned her ears back as a shudder ran down her spine. The prophecy was true, the legend was here. Worse, it was a pup she had sworn to protect. She could not revoke her word, not when it had been given to dying kin. Instead she marshalled her courage and nuzzled the snow out of the pup's fur.

But the pup was no fool, she heard the words hissed between her guardians teeth as they lifted her by the scruff of her neck. But it was the last word that caught her attention for it was by that word she would forever be known. Sirriath, wolf for End-Bringer.

Sirriath hung in silence as her guardian carried her through the chilling night. Soon the pace was picked up and the small group began to become edgy. Something was wrong. The smells were confusing, even with her anicent knowledge everything was still so new. But she wasn't confused enough to not notice that they were traveling through the territory of another pack.

Suddenly Sirriath knew what had killed the father she never knew, what had driven her mother to her death. The other pack must have been the ones responsible and their small group was having to double time it in order not to get caught. Suddenly Sirriath felt a tingling in her body. Her mind jumped into high gear. She knew they were in danger but, as she was only hours old she could not speak, how would she let her guardian know in time to warn the others?

A strange feeling welled up inside her, a feeling born of the aincent knowledge locked deep within her. Outwardly she did nothing more than close her eyes, inwardly she threw her head back and sent out a howl that echoed through the spirit world. She felt the answers echo back to her, some from a past so distant they would be no help at all, but some echoed from only a few paces away.

The four living wolves could only surmise what had happened. One moment they were ferrying three pups through dangerous territory by themselves, the next...terror gripped them firmly in it's talons as the spirits of the dead joined them. One by one they formed from the windbourn snow till a pack fifty strong and growing surrounded them.

The spirits themselevs weren't what scared Therese though, it was that Sirriath's parents were leading the charge. As these two grim specters drifted closer Therese saw the dissapproval in their eyes, they knew how their first born was being treated and were not pleased. Therese felt a cold that had nothing to do with the snow as her dead sister's shade drew abrest of her.

"Give me my daughter." The shades voice echoed in her head. Knowing full well that this could well be some kind of trick Therese hesitated. Spirits had been known to return and steal pack members into the afterlife with them. Yet Sirriath was no normal pup. If she had presumably summoned these wraiths then it was safe to assume she could control them...or was it?

"Music makes you braver."

Last edited by Kalanna Rai on Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:06 am; edited 17 times in total
Author
Smee
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh - I like this one. Very Happy

Welcome to the city Kalanna Smile

This is a perfectly established first chapter, so I see no problem in this one being moved from Ideas to one of the New Storygame forums.

Are you aiming for Fantasy, Sci-fi/Horror, or Humour/Experiemental?

PM the mod of this forum and he'll move it for you.

As for the pup giving a warning - can't it do what all new borns do and cry? Although immediately on typing that I realise not a good thing to do in enemy territory.

I think the pack must be well aware it's in danger, and I don't think the Sirriath should do anything to distract them from their swift escape.

I look forward to the next chapter.

Happy Writing Smile
Author
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to IF Kalanaiania*! Nice start. Very Happy

I echo Smee's comments.

*I tend to get carried away with names, sorry.
Author
Smee
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I echo Smee's comments

Laughing Even my dumb one?
Author
Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the first chapter, Kalanna Smile

Unfortunately, I can't think of any suggestion to better Smee's. Anything the young wolf can do to attract attention from its foster-pack is also going to attract the attention of the enemies, as far as I can see.

Do nothing and hope that they can run swiftly enough to get out of the danger zone before they get hurt.

*sits and waits for the next chapter...*
Author
Muaddib
Comrade

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! And your name is Star Warsey too!

Shall I move it for you? Where to?
Author
Smee
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - it looks like it's been moved for you. Very Happy

Now you can set it out like a normal Storygame.

Each subsequent addition to the story needs to be in a sperate post after all the comments on the previous chapter.

If/When you win Storygame of the Month you can then seperate out all the chapters into individual threads, or put them all in one big thread - it'll be up to you.

You add a poll by editting the first post - if you want a second poll (i.e. after chapter 2) then you need to PM the mod to delete the old one first.

Any questions just ask.

Happy Writing Smile
Author

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Check it out. Reply with quote

Thanks smee and I finally got the poll up and running too.

Might sick to Linear for a while though.
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was from me guys, I forgot to log in. But I guess you figured that out.

Author
Crymzon

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh yes I like this one. Nice to see something a we bit different (as in different from humans doing things I mean.)

Tough decision too, sayin that I think the she should be given up to her mother, no so much as to control the spirit rather that her mother probably wants to tell her something.

Just a thought. Very Happy

Keep going this really is good.
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks folks but Crymzon you might get dissappointed a little later on...things tend to happen around Sirriath.

Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Still tied. Reply with quote

The Poll will go for one more day. If it's still tied I will make a judgement call then.

Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Chapter Two: The Rom Seeress Reply with quote

Give Sirriath up and keep Sirriath were both tied at two votes each so I have cast the tiebreaker. Read on.
-----------

Chapter Two: The Rom Seeress.

With a disgusted motion Therese handed Sirriath over to her mother. "Take her Sabrina! Take your Gods dammed pup and I wash my paws of her!!" She almost regretted her words when mother and pup vanished like so much falling snow. Where ever it was they were going at least Sirriath was no longer her problem.

Then she noticed that the pack of spirit wolves that was their only protection was slowly shrinking as they vanished in ones and twos, not to be replaced by fresh recruits. Therese was never so happy to see her home territory as she was when her small rescue force passed a pair of burly guards that marked the border crossing between her packs' territory and that of their enemy to the south.

Yet her small band didn't stop or slack their speed, instead they ran on into the night on bloody paws. Soon the lights of a trappers cabin loomed large in their eyes. Unlike normal wolves, which would have avoided it entierly, they rushed onto the doorstep all scratching and whining at the door.

Slowly a bent old woman with iron grey and white hair opened the door. In rushed the five wolves, the males staying only long enough to drop their burdens, the pair of females left to take care of the pups. Slowly the old woman, her features distorted by sagging skin and the deep wrinkles that carved valleys into her face, shut the door tightly and dismissed the young female and two silver pups to an upstairs room.

Then, with mutch muttering and popping of joints, she settled herself into a chair by the fire...the only chair. Therese took up her usual spot on the well worn rug next to it. Finally the woman spoke. "So you rid yourself of the white one...Sirriath?"

"Of course. The little wretch summoned her mother's shade, who am I to stand between mother and daughter?" The old woman merely nodded, her hands rubbing and rerubbing themselves as if to chase off the chill of old age.

"The other two, you have not named them?" Therese didn't bother to reply, the woman already knew her answer. "The male shall be called Varbodane, the female Alkesta." The answers, though shocking, were matter of fact. There was no arguing with the old woman.

"So my sister has bourn us End-Bringer, War-Monger, and World-Shaker. Three of the final Seven. I would curse her but I am disinclined to speek ill of those I have so recently seen in spirit-flesh." The old woman reached into a pocket in her voluminous, orange skirt and pulled out a pipe. From another pocket a match to light it. "Must you?"

The old woman didn't spare Therese a second glance. "If my tobbacco bothers you so much change forms. You can't smell nearly as well as a human." A low growl escaped Therese's throat.

"You know I am one of the Cursed. I am directly decended from one of the five wolves that slew the moon goddess. As such I am unable to shift my form save at the time of the full moon." The old woman cackled.

"Never stopped your sister. Ever fluid was her form? Why Therese? She was your elder of the same litter, from a mother just as bound as you, so why was she exempted your fate?" The massive she-wolf stood, ears back, eyes savage.

"Because she was a freak!" The old woman smacked the wolf across the nose with her pipe.

"No fool! Because she gained the moons favor! She apologized and nearly killed herself doing so! You remain proud, unrepentant, and so you remain bound. Bound to walk as wolf under the moon forever, as beast under the sun! Or you may sacrifice all you're powers and become a weak human for the month, blind by night, sightless by day! A fools pact you keep!"

"Then it's a fools pact that the pups shall keep as well! They bear the Curse as well, on both their parents sides! There is no way for them to recant their sins, they have not two lives to give!" The old woman relit he pipe and gave it a few soothing puffs.

"They are of the Seven. Do you really think that a Curse can stop them? And now let me show you something..." The old woman stood and drew up a pouch from her side. She took a pinch of dust from within the bag and tossed it into the flames.

Instantly they became as clear as a window showing a vision of a beautiful young woman with a wild and feral air around her. Her skin was milk pale, her hair long, wild, and white as snow, her figure curvy, athletic, and strong, like the anicent people of Loki. But it was her eyes that drew Therese. They were huge and mezmerising, with inky black pupiles, delicate gold flecks, and a deep indigo iris. They were Sirriath's eyes.

"Sirriath. The name has two meanings. One retold with every telling of the Prophecy, End-Bringer. The other dates to the dawn of your kind. So old I had to learn it when I was but young in the world. Sirriath, The Healer. Healer of what is something it would be wise to find out Therese." The window faded and with it the old woman as well.

"Wait, Atropos, don't go! When will this vision come true!" The old Rom woman only smiled.

"You have but twenty-five years to wait. Then Sirriath shall surface again."

As Therese turned round and round with worry in her mind she could only think who would Sirriath appear to? One of the pack or another child of Loki? Worse would she appear to none of the people at all but..." Therese shook like she had been frozen in ice. "What if Sirriath appeared to a human?"

For a moment Therese wondered if she should call the council and tell them that Sirriath had been born...but would she tell them that she had Sirriath, let them think she had the End-Bringer safely under wraps, or tell them the truth. Maybe she wouldn't summon the council at all...it was a tough call.

Last edited by Kalanna Rai on Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Author
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurrah! Nice chapter, but don't forget a D-point!
Author
Muaddib
Comrade

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are yo a Rom?Or a gadja?
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No but I have great respect for the Rom. Secondly chen, the D-point is there now...just like your non-existant path of fire.

Author
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, cool. And...

Quote:
...just like your non-existant path of fire.

Ah, but now I have thought of...er, I mean, I had planned it like that from the start. You shall see. Ahem. Wink
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poll needs to be deleated again...who can tell me how to do it?

Author
Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask the moderator of the fantasy forum to delete it for you. PM Smee, it's his job in fantasy to delete the authors' polls. Smile

EDIT: Oops, sorry, misread the section. Yeah, Lordy's right Smile

Last edited by Shady Stoat on Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM one of the moderators - either Shanty or Tramp in a Storm

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tnx much both.

Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay polls up...cast your vote...

Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voted and winning

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winning again?

Author
Smee
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - I didn't have chance to comment earlier.

I've voted for spill the beans - although I must admit that's mainly because I'm a little confused as to what's going on and an excuse to lay it all out should make it much clearer to me.

I'm still enjoying though - I expect to be confused with stories that are set to become very interesting as we learn more.

Happy Writing. Smile
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the confusiness Smee...all will become clear shortly...

Author
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted, but no 'e' on council.
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tnx, that's the sleep depravation spelling...

Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, i assumed that was deliberate - to signify it was a title or something

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me too but then everything sounds good right now...ummm flying monkey crunchies *munch munch*

Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah wonderful chapter, Rai. An interesting tale you have started. I only wish I had began reading this earlier, so I didn't have to miss the discussion and poll.

I would recomend reading over your chapters before posting or typing and then copy and past from a word processor into the box. Either way read over your chapters. I think I saw some confusing sentences in both your chapters. Any word processor can catch those with spell check. But of course the best solution is just checking the chapter for errors yourself.

Other than that, writer the next chapter. You leave us in the loop. *Grins*

Samadhi Traveler 2005 Nano Wrimo winner (53,019 words)

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
-Confucius
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Chapter Three: Secrets and Prophecy Reply with quote

Okay here you peoples go...
--------
Chapter Three: Secrets and Prophecy

She knew she couldn't keep something this big a secret and if the Council wanted her hide...they could have it at this point. For a few moments she paced back and forth...wondering how she would broach the subject...finally she gave up.

With no way to open the door and enter the woods outside she was forced to use the fire as her gateway...not something she relished. Fire was the least stable of the elements, the most prone to leave you stranded half way between here and there.

Slowly she summoned the Howl of Ages, using the vibrations of her voice to shake the foundations of the spirit world closer to the world of the living. Slowly the fire, where Atropos has so recently practiced her own magic, swirled until a hole in space and time opened...a rift in the fabric of the world.

With a tremor running through her body, Therese stepped through, one paw at a time. She was lucky, the portal held until all but her tail-tip was through. She gave a sharp yelp as it was severed from the rest of her by the gate's collapse.

"Therese!" A booming voice from the darkened woods before her echoed in the still night. "What brings you here Cursed one?"

Ignoring the stinging pain in her tail she padded forward into the sacred grove where the Council of Five sat. Here the other were's sat in judgment over the gravest matters...and the sudden apperence of Sirriath was the gravest matter to any of them.

"Majesties I bring news of the most damning kind. This very day Sirriath was born unto a wolf of my pack...my own sister." The ears on each Council members head flattened and their lips peeled back to reveal their long fangs.

"Go on." A large black wolf who's ruff was only just beginning to silver locked eyes with her.

"My sister had an affair with a male from our brother pack even though it was forbidden. We had all known she was carrying pups and were well prepared to deal with this ocurrance...until she vanished. Three days ago she and her mate vanished from all the territories of the Cursed packs, fleeing over enemy territory."

The other's were leaning forward now, nearly hanging off her every word. She steadied herself then continued. "They didn't get far in that time, they ran into a patrol from this pack, our Guardians, and were forced to fight. Her mate was gravely injured and her labor pains were brought prematurely. They made it a few more miles before he died. Unwilling to continue she stopped and gave birth to three pups."

"Three?" The Council whispered amongst themselves worriedly. "What of the other two?"

"I will get to that in good time sir, may I continue?" The black wolf only snarled at her but the others urged her on. "We found all three of them only hours after their birth and already Sirriath's powers had awakened. She understood everything, even if she could not speak, and when we later were forced to recross enemy territory she summoned the spirits of the dead to guard us until we reached our territory again."

"And where is the pup? Why have you not brought her to us? Or why have you not brough proof she has been dealt with?"

Therese back up a step, out of bite rang, and cleared her throat. "I'll apologize in advance for this but I gave her to her mother." The Council hit the roof, for a few moments there was no reasoning with them, only hiding under shrubs where they could not reach her. When they finally settled down she still did not come out from under her bush.

"The pup had summoned her parents shades, I didn't know what else to do when the shade of her mother asked for her. At the time I was glad to be rid of her and I thought that the spirits would treat her as they have other pups in the past, take them for revenge on the living."

She came a little closer to the edge of the bush. "When I returned to my lair Atropos was waiting for me." Again the uproar that made her hide back under the shrub. "She told me that Sirriath would return in twenty-five years and that her siblings were to be called Varbodane and Alkesta..." Therese got no farther. The Council tore up the shrub and soon afterward Therese was no more than a few blood spatters and lumps of fur.

"We must keep this a secret. Quinn!" A sandy colored wolf pricked his ears forward. "Bring me the pups. We shall train them to defend us against the coming of Sirriath."

"No offense sir but what good will that do? What can World-Shaker and War-Monger do against End-Bringer?" The black wolf looked at him.

"Maybe nothing maybe everything..."
-------------

Twenty-Five years later....

The bar was bustling with activity as the bikers, thirsty from a long day on the road, ordered pitcher after pitcher of tall cold ones. Bar-maids danced through the crowd in short shorts or mini mini skirts, full platters of alcohol balanced above their heads. On tiny stages, a few of the best built girls danced in skimpy outfits, not to strip, just to tease.

The girl leaned against the door, the weight of the knife a reassuring thing...still did she go in? She could just walk away right now and forget the whole thing...

Author
Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good chapter. Poor wolf - that's what you get for telling the truth Shocked Wink

I'm a bit confused by the last part though. Could you expand it just a little, so we've more information to go on? We don't know anything about the girl or her reasons for going into the bar or staying outside. It seems like kinduv a blind decision point.

Unless you can tell us more as the Author, than you can in the text of the story? I'd settle for that Very Happy

I'm enjoying this one too. You write well!
Author
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally f5 Stoat, and just want to add.. More of the best built girls! Yeah! Very Happy
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange indeed. The girl is probably Sirriath reincarnated as a human. And as a human she is contemplating killing someone in the bar. This only speculation. But like Stoat has requested, could we have some details about that last bit you typed up?

I only a little bit sorry for Therese, but she sort of deserved it in the way she behaved to the council, and her story telling was a bit slow. Why couldn't she just of said, Sirriath will be reincaranted. I have her siblings, but End-Bringer I returned to her mother. Dealing with a pup's parents is not something I wanted to deal with.

Good writing, Rai. This is coming out to be an interesting tale.

-Confucius
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Author

Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the author I can tell you it's not Sirriath with knife in hand...

P.S. Sirriath never died!!! It just seems that way...
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, if it is not Sirriath with the knife at the bar. Is she perhaps within the bar, and going to be a witness to something murderous in mind? She could be the vicitim that is precurioulsy injured. You leave us in the dark. The only logical thing to do seems to be to enter the bar. There seems to be no other choices.

-Confucius
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the old poll could be deleted then???

Author
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to PM Shanty or Tramp in a Storm to get the old poll terminated.
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done that already...it's just my style to ask in a post...sorry if it's annoying but I don't like to go buggin people privately Chen...that's not my style get it?

Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calm down, Rai. China was only saying. Sending a PM is not bad. Sometimes it is the way to reach somebody, especially if they don't post in your topic that often. And most of us don't mind a PM now and then. It keeps our inboxs full. Wink

-Confucius
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I seemed short, wasn't trying to be. I was actually trying to be funny but...I guess I'll stick to my quirky satire....

Author
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted, and no problemo. Takes more than a quirk to get through my thick skin! Very Happy

*runs of and sobs in a corner* Wink
Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voted, and winning

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chinaren wrote:
Voted, and no problemo. Takes more than a quirk to get through my thick skin! Very Happy

*runs of and sobs in a corner* Wink

LOL. Poor China.

Hm, I am going for the rushing in idea. We need some action to go on again.

-Confucius
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Chapter Four: Blood of my Brethren Reply with quote

Okay most people wanted her to hide the knife, sorry Rave, so I'm going from there...
------------------

Chapter Four: Blood of my Brethren

The girl took another deep breath then turned to walk in the door, shifting her grip on the knife. Suddenly she stopped. Walking in with the knife held in plain view was only going to get her tossed back out of the bar, or killed, and she didn't like either of the options.

Slowly she hid the knife from sight, rather difficult given the outfit she was wearing. I mean where do you hide a six inch blade in denim cutoffs so short they could have passed for boxer briefs and a tank top that would have made the Go Daddy.com girl blush. Yet she did and then, with a stride that said I'm a confidant man-eater, she strolled into the bar.

Heads turned and dancers missed a beat as they hissed at the new competition. She ignored them all and continued to swing her hips in a rolling gate until she reached the man at the counter. She quietly put down an ad that she'd ripped from the newspaper this morning...an ad for dancers. "Where can I find the owner?"

He either chose to overlook the ad or he never noticed it but he looked at her with mild surprise. "What for kid?"

"I'm a new dancer. I bet he wants to check out the color of my thong."

"Damn, wish that was my job. Through the door and to the left." He jerked a thumb behind him and resumed his work with the bar patrons. With an air of cool confidence she didn't feel, the girl strolled through the door.

No sooner had it shut behind her than she dropped to a crouch and sniffed the air. Yeah they were here all right...both of them. Quietly she unsheathed her knife. This time they'd pay...this time she'd avenge her mother and brothers...this time Varbodane and Alkesta were going down. "Nobody can stop me now."

She stood and gripped the knife in a fighting style. Down that hallway to the left awaited her prey. Like a wolf stalking a deer she walked noiselessly to the mouth of the hallway. She took a few deep calming breaths and closed her eyes. When she opened them she knew what to do. "Nobody can stop me now." She repeated.

She was just about to start down the hallway when someone grabbed her wrist. She whirled around, slashing with her knife, only to encounter empty air. She sensed there was someone behind her back and whirled, again lashing out with her knife, only to catch empty air. "Get a grip on yourself Celest! Nobody's there. Nobody's stopping you."

She turned to looked behind her one last time. Then she turned around...and nearly died of fright. Leaning against the wall infront of her was the last person on Earth she expected to see there...and this unexpected apperance chilled her to the bone.

The woman was tall, around six-one, six-two, and slender, maybe only one-sixty, one-eighty in weight. She was dressed in a pair of combat fatigues, military issue combat boots, and a wifebeater tanktop covered by a well-worn, much loved denim bomber jacket. Her skin and hair were pure white and they glowed, really glowed, under the unhealthy flourescent lights of the club's back hallway.

The woman lightly pushed off from the wall and turned to face Celest. Her face was gorgeous, high cheek-bones, a delicate, slightly up-tuned nose, a beautiful lush mouth, and a pair of huge indigo eyes. They were her most dominating feature, rimmed in ebony lashes, they were the only color on her. They were a deep, pulsing, idigo with brillaint gold rings around the pupils that dissolved into golden flecks that seemed to float on the surface of an ocean of uncharted depth.

"Celest, we should go home." Her voice was rich and melodic...hypnotic some would say. It was compelling on it's own and Celest knew that at the moment the woman was only making a suggestion...not issuing a command. This time the suggestion would go unheeded.

"No Rath. This time I'm going to finish what they started. I don't know how things work in the pack you came from but in mine we didn't let murderers go unpunished. There are two wolves down that hall that have blood on their muzzles."

"So you think that cutting their throats' will solve the problem? Will their blood take away your grief? I was there that day Celest, I know what happened..."

"Yes and I owe you my life Rath but the fact of the matter is you should have left me to die." Rath shook her head, her long white hair shifting like a velvet curtain down her back. She stepped forward till they were nose to nose. The wolf in Celest wanted to cringe and whimper. Rath was an alpha, absolutely superior in every way. Yet she wasn't playing that card...never had. Not with Celest, Ricky, or any of the other strays, loners, and misfits she seemed to oddly collect.

"Fine. Go get your pound of flesh but know this..." She grabbed a handful of Celest's hair and drug the girl so close that their eyelashes were touching. "It's my blood you spill today." She shoved her back so violently that Celest lost her balence and hit the floor, the knife spinning away from her.

Celest blinked to clear the tears from her eyes and by the time she could clearly see, Rath was gone. She sniffed the air a few times but all she could catch wind of was her enemies. She quietly picked up the knife and gave herself the once over. She took one step and faltered. Just what did Rath mean by it would be her blood spilled?

Quietly she walked down the hallway toward the door at the end, each step growing more nerve-racking and shakey. Finally she reached out her free hand to turn the doorknob...and found out she couldn't. With slumped shoulders and a beaten air Celest walked back down the hall. She stopped to look only once...and would forever wish she hadn't.

Just as she turned the door opened and a man and woman walked out. The man was dressed simply in a pair of khaki chords and a polo tee with polished Doc Martin boots, the woman in a red pleather mini-mini skirt and black lace-and leather halter top with black five inch stilettos with red bows and fishnet stockings.

They saw Celest at the same time Celest saw them...and it was on! The woman broke into a dead run, manicured nails already blurring into deadly claws. Celest fainted at Alkesta and then hurled her knife at Varbodane. She was rather shocked when it buried itself to the hilt in his side.

Far away in a modest kitchen Rath doubled over clutching her side as blood spattered the floor around her. A little trickled down the corner of her mouth.

He looked at her in shock, blood welling from the wound. "Allie! It's treated!" Alkesta broke off her attack midway and turned toward her stricken brother. She paused long enough to hurl a hateful glance at Celest.

"This isn't over whelp!" Celest could hear the sounds of pounding feet coming closer. She reached out, seeking the power of transfer, the Great Lope, that had seemed to come so easily to her in the past few months. She didn't have much time, and it was coming so much slower today for some reason, so she simply grabbed the fraying edge and willed herself home.

She moved sluggeshly through space and time, arriving home in an instant. Ricky was sprawled on the couch and raised an eyebrow at her arrival. "You and Rath have a fight? She seemed a bit peevish a moment ago."

"You seen her?" He jerked his head toward the kitchen. "Thanks."

"Hey, you better wash before dinner. You smell like blood." Celest looked at herself in puzzlement.

"It's not me." For a few moments they both sniffed around then, following their noses, they entered the kitchen. For an instant they didn't believe what they saw then reality hit home.

Rath lay crumpled in the middle of the kitchen floor, blood pooling around her in a crimson lake. As Celest approched closer her huge eyes fluttered open. "You knicked a lung." She coughed, bringing forth more blood.

"Damn, damn, damn. Rath what do I do! How can I help you! Ricky help me!" Ricky had already taken off his shirt and pressed it to the wound.

"Call and ambulance."

"Are you crazy! They'll figure out what she is in a second. They'd whisk her off to some government lab somewhere faster than you could blink! It'd be like the X-Files Ricky!" He winced but continued to look at her. "Maybe she'll heal on her own? She has before..."

"And pigs will fly Celest! If you don't hurry she's going to die here!" For an instant Celest debated then she made her decision...

Author
Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Tough decision point - and great chapter Very Happy

Both sides are right. We can't just let her lie there and hope she gets better on her own. Nor can we take her anywhere official.

How about a black-market doctor? These wolf-people seem to have contacts. Is there anywhere they can go, where other people go to get stab and bullet wounds patched up unofficially? Barring that, is there a friendly doctor who might do the job for a bribe - or a threat?

I think we need to be looking for a halfway option here. Play the odds Smile
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like and yes I'm purposefully making things difficult. Wink

Author
Smee
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this story has really moved on.

And it is definately making more sense than it did at the end of Chapter 2.

Doesn't make the decision point any easier though. Shocked

How would the hospital know so quickly? Is that a definate certainty or just a big risk? Are we talking strange internal organ arrangement that'd show up on X-ray or some other give away?

A black-market doctor - a good idea if it's something that's around. Although myself I wouldn't know where to look, if it's something that can be found then great. What sort of payment do we have available?

I can't think of any other possibilty unless there is some mystic/wise woman/shaman type somewhere? Any healers amongst their kind?

Happy Writing Smile
Author
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, good chapter!

I am with Smee on this, I don't think the hospital would find out so fast, though there would no doubt be questions about the wound, you could say she was attacked or something thought.

Either that, or the underground doc is the way to go.
Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indeeed - btw rai - have you by chance played vampire: the masquerade, bloodlines?

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah so you caught that quote did you Lordy? I'm surprised you missed the one about astroturf that was earlier in...crap I forgot which story it was in...

It's in there just for all you VTM fans, and if you'll look closely there's also some stuff from the White Wolf rpg in there too...

I'm using those games to help me formulate some of the plot, and I'll admit, I was a bit tired writing that scean so I didn't tweak the lines as much as I normall do...

Keep reading for more clues...

Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, it was just that one line - taken directly from the asylum

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice chapter, Rai. Definitely a turnpager chapter if this were in book form.

I agree with the suggestions given. Going to see a black market doctor does not seem a bad option. But I do wonder, how would the doctors know that Rath is a wolf-person? Is it there a glaringly obvious sign?

Hmm, maybe there is a hedgewitch or someone like that. They maybe be less inclined to question the wound.

-Confucius
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay everybody keeps asking how they'd know she wasn't human. The answer is her blood. She's lost a lot of blood and will need a transfusion immidiantly...that means bloodwork to determine her type. Once they start analyzing her blood...shows over..

Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i knew that

or rather - i guessed

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*nods* That makes sense now. I just wasn't sure thats all. Well I still like the idea of either going to a black market doctor or finding a hedgewitch or somebody.

-Confucius
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New poll. SAVE RATH...or not...

Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

went for the blackmarket docter

and winning

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to go with the hedgewitch. Not just because it's my idea, but because I think she may have a better idea of how to deal with a wolf person.

Is that the right term to use? Confused

Another reason was to add to the competition. *grins* I can't let the black market doctor win with an unanimous vote. Cool

-Confucius
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Chapter Five: That Which Must Come to Pass. Reply with quote

The Blackmarket doc wins...here you go...
------------------

Chapter Five: That Which Must Come to Pass.

"Ricky go find White. Tell him we'll owe him a favor if he can find Cornelius for us." Ricky looked striken and relieved at the same time.

"Cornelius I understand but White! You know what..." His words were stilled as Rath coughed once. He took hold of Celest's hand and pressed it firmly to the improvised shirt compress. "Keep her together until we get back." Celest nodded, tears welling in her eyes as Ricky became little more than a blurr of speed.

"Hold on Rath." Rath coughed and covered Celest's hand with her own. Her smile was heartbreaking.

"There's something I need to do Celest and I've got to do it alone. Things were said that must happen...this is one of them." With that her eyes glazed over and she was no longer there.

Instead Rath moved to the side of a great rushing river, her human form of little use to her here. She dove into the current and, with strong strokes, pulled herself to the opposite bank. The moment she touched that soft ground her human forme melted and was replaced by that of a massive white wolf, dripping wet from the current.

Slowly another wolf moved out of the mist that obscured this side from prying eyes. She was a silvery tan and about half the size of the white wolf. "Hello mother."

"Sirriath you came."

"I had little choice thanks to your tampering...you knew I wouldn't let Celest go through with it but the unsealable wound...if you wanted a visit you just needed to ask."

"Your companions must think you've been slain darling. Especially when your siblings arrive."

"Their grief will turn to rage..."

"Can we continued this conversation somewhere private?" The white wolf nodded. Before them lay a much smaller stream, the last line separating life from death. They crossed the stream into the supernatural mist beyond.

Celest knew nothing of this conversation...she only knew that Rath was dead. Her tears fell openly and her form blurred into that of a wolf without her knowing it. She threw back her head and let loose a long, mournful sound, so full of grief that it broke the hearts of the heartless.

Far away, Ricky was trying to get White to help him by playing White's favorite game. White was on the sidewalk, Ricky above him on a fire escape and they were flicking a penny back and forth at one another, hurling it with all their sizable supernatural strength. When Celest's cry of anguish reached his ears he hurled the penny back at White with a black fury. This stupid delay had cost him Rath's life.

White's eyes opened in shock as he watched the penny fall from the sky. When the penny dropped it hit him like a cannonball. Ricky sped away, striving to reach Celest in time before she did anything rash, tears falling to the pavement like raindrops behind him.

In a posh room under the seedy club, Alkesta and Varbodane were trying to puzzle out the riddle of a treated knife that, once removed, left no wound and no pain. When Celest's mourning howl reached their ears they realized that they had more important things to do...like take care of the bitch that had tried to kill Dane in the first place.

Ricky came in the kitchen window just as Allie and Dane blurred into the kitchen. The four wolves faced each other down over the body of Rath. Surprisingly she was still in human form.

"You." Allie and Dane growled. Ricky and Celest were about to reply when Rath's body blurred and a white glow surrounded it. An eathreal howl seemed to ring in their ears.

When the four wolves looked again no body remained only the faintly shimmering, translucent form of a massive white wolf bigger than any of them. "Fight no more for there is no need. You are not enemies but packmates." Dane and Allie bristled at the glowing wolf.

"Sirriath, sister ours! You finally come within reach of our jaws only to take deaths embrace! Ajax will be most put out with us for not killing you ourselves...yet he will be pleased none the less by your death!"

Sirriath turned then so that Alkesta and Varbodane could clearly see the blood soaked fur of her right side. "How is it that a knife made to kill those such as you leaves no pain and no wound after a blow being struck?" The siblings were struck dumb and Sirriath turned to the younger wolves on her other side.

"And now you understand my words earlier spoken Celest. Seek not to avenge your pack for that was something that had to happen or I myself would have stopped it. After all I was there."

"You were the one they sought." Ricky's voice was hushed.

"Yes. It was my presence that night that doomed your pack. For that I am sorry but it had to be done...otherwise the future would have been in jepardy."

For a few moments all was silent...then Sirriath spoke again. "Listen well to me. You two have been brainwashed into thinking I am evil yet in all your memories of me have I ever harmed you." The siblings shook their heads, the very core of their belief in the world shattered. "And you two are too young to be abroad in the world alone therefore I say this,"

Sirrath's glow became painfully bright as her form faded. "Become a pack, become four of the Seven. The other two will soon become known to you and when you all are together come again to the place of my birth, where the bones of my parents still lie and there shall we meet again." With that she vanished.

The four wolves were left staring at each other, all with predjudices to overcome and hatred to bury. Yet the command still rang in their heads. Become a pack...but how?

Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that the descion point? how to become a pack?

and good chapter, btw

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's the point...

Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, now just how do you set about becoming a pack? co-operation not really my thing.

if it was a scheme for world domination then i'm your man. or daemon. or whatever.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for finding a doctor... *laughs* Nice chapter, Rai.

So we have to decide how to become a pack? Cooperation maybe one thing we need to consider. These guys first need to decide whether or not they even want to be a pack. I am sure there is going to be a few dissenters in this group. And that someone is going to take the lead here.

Also, they're going to need to find Sirriath's birthplace, so they can make the group of Seven. Again that will take some cooperation and organization of the group.

That is all I can think of for now. But you have given us a strange decision point here, Rai. It is certainly more than a simple yes or no question despite the way it is framed. Cool

-Confucius
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here's a few things for you guys to take into consideration.
1. It is prophesized that there will be Seven whether they like it or not.
2. Varbodane and Alkesta know exactly where Sirrath was born, they were born there too and wolves remember everything since birth.
3. They can fight all they want but soon somebody's going to investigate the disturbence.

Author
Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good chapter, strange decision point.

I'd say, if they want to become a pack, then sooner or later, there'll be a dominance fight. At least two of them are going to need to be the leader, and normal wolves have a very strict pecking order of who's boss, and who's second and who's bottom of the rung.

Other than that, I think they should hunt together, live together, stop trying to kill each other and do some communicating. Then they should visit Sirriath's birthplace Smile
Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolves are also born blind though, and remain that way for about two weeks - would they be able to find it from scent alone?

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sirriath, Varbodane, and Alkesta arn't your average wolves...they aren't even your average werewolves. They could see when they were born, albit only Sirriath actually understood what she was seeing and yes, like salmon, they could find their way back by instinct alone if need be.

Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, just clearing that up.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shady Stoat wrote:

I'd say, if they want to become a pack, then sooner or later, there'll be a dominance fight. At least two of them are going to need to be the leader, and normal wolves have a very strict pecking order of who's boss, and who's second and who's bottom of the rung.

Other than that, I think they should hunt together, live together, stop trying to kill each other and do some communicating. Then they should visit Sirriath's birthplace Smile

Good points, Shady. It may be likely that Varbodane, and Alkesta will be the more likely canditates to be leaders of the pack I think.

I guess first there has to be a fight for dominance. and after that they're going to have to learn to live with each other. Is there a possibility we can gather to add to our numbers? We already have 4, that means there must be 3 more to make the group number 7 members.

-Confucius
Author
Smee
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went for share life stories as their first action.

Once they understand each other a little then a natural order may establish itself.

However it seems likely that the first option will follow soon after.

Happy Writing Smile

Last edited by Smee on Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

went for fighting, discover dominance over the others

and winning

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smee wrote:
I went for share life stories as their first action.

Once they understand each other a little then a natural order my establish itself.

However it seems likely that the first option will follow soon after.

Happy Writing Smile

You're probably right. Should sharing life stories win, it would delay the fighting.

I would say get on with the fighting. Life stories can be a time of peace afterwards.

-Confucius
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Chapter Six: Alpha Wolf. Reply with quote

So the battle begins...
-----------------

Chapter Six: Alpha Wolf

They stood there on the kitchen linoleum for a few moments...then a growl rose in Varbodane's throat. He glared at Ricky and Ricky tried to muster something more than blind anger...but could not. Varbodane would have taken him apart. With flashing eyes Celest met his audacious challenge.

She said we needed to become a pack. She didn't say you were going to lead us. Suddenly Alkesta was there, throwing her up onto the counters with a snarle. An all out, knockdown, drag out, bloody, brawl ensued shortly after and though Celest and Ricky fought bravely they were outmatched by Sirriath's siblings.

Too soon they found themselves in the living room, licking their wounds. Like it or not, Dane would be leading the pack, with Allie his close second. Yet neither one of them considered Celest or Ricky weak, just too young. "You fought well today. It's pleasing to know that for two so young, you're strong."

"We're not that much younger than you are!" Celest huddled closer to Ricky. "Just because you have six years on us is no reason to think we're just kids" Dane nodded.

"Yes that's a reasonable request. You're old enought to hunt and rear pups, I can't really treat you like a pup can I?" Celest's eyes blurred with tears. It was something almost like Rath, Sirriath that is, would have said.

It was hard to think of Rath as the End-Bringer. Yet it was so obvious that Celest wondered how she hadn't noticed it before. Neither she nor Ricky had ever seen Rath in wolf form and yet she was too powerful for them to even think about challenging. Still, Rath wasn't evil yet the prophecy clearly stated the 'white wolf' would bring and end to her people.

"You must hate us." Allie licked a long, shallow cut on her forearm. "Here you've lived with quiet, simple hatred for some time, and now suddenly we come and shake it up. You're leader suddenly becomes the most reviled wolf in history and you're sleeping with the enemy."

"Yeah something like that." Ricky muttered under his breath. "What about you two. Must have been turned on your ear to realize that Rath saved your life."

"Not really." Dane shifted uncomfortably in the armchair. "See we wouldn't be alive were it not for Sirriath. Our mother died at the moment of our whelping. Without her we would have starved and frozen in the snow. She huddled us together, baid us drink from a corpse...that was something we'd never have done without her urging and it saved us."

Allie looked up. "Yes, we never really could bring ourselves to hate her. No matter what the council said, every time they tried to hammer it into our skulls that our sister was evil and dangerous some disaster would strike and Sirriath would come out of nowhere to pull our tails out of it. We'd have been long dead by now had she not always been looking out for us."

Celest looked at the hole in Dane's shirt and blushed. "Sorry about that. I was pretty angery at you but I guess I can start to get over that now. I mean if it had to happen then nothing anyone could have done would have stopped it. You two just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and became the agents of distruction."

"Ah but if we were in the wrong place at the wrong time then you'd never have had reason to hunt us down. With no reason you'd never have thrown the knife that peirced Sirriath and she'd never have crossed into the spirit lands. We wouldn't be sitting here talking now and things wouldn't be moving toward the final conflict. Can you ever forgive us?" His sad eyes pleaded their case eloquently enough. Alkesta shed a tear that traced her fine cheekbone. It sparkled like a gem and vanished like a beggars promise.

Ricky looked thoughtful. "I wonder what she meant when she said the other two will soon become known to you?" They looked around at each other. They where all that were left. The last. The lost, and the lonely. The only weapons of a prophecy that must happen, no matter what. Ricky opened his mouth to speak again when gunshots echoed out in the night.

They rushed to the window as an inhuman howl tore through the night. "Let's go!" Instantly Dane was out the window, the others following just after. They bolted in the direction the cry had come from, a deserted building a few blocks away.

Later they would often remark, with passing irony, on that night. They learned one valuble lesson that night. Misery doesn’t simply love company; it insists on it. Inside the building two wolves had been brought to bay by human hunters. Fine wires of silver wrought under a full moon already encircled their legs and wrapped around their necks.

"Filthy, mangey beasts. We'll..." He never finished. Just as he opened his mouth Dane tore it out. His parner was already down, being feasted upon by Ricky, who was half starved by his exertions this night. The third, however, wasn't panic striken. He took a good hold on the thick, silver shot, rope he held in his hands and lept down an old elevator shaft. As the rope pulled tight a final, desperate scream rent the night.

The wolf who's neck it was wrapped around slid dangerously toward the open shaft, it's scream of panic reverberating off the walls of the room. With a swiftness like lightning, Celest scooped the rope up in her jaws and severed it with one powerful bite. The third man's scream of death echoed back up nicely...the thud he made sounded even better.

Slowly the four turned to survey the newcomers. One was a brilliant golden, like liquified sunlight. She moved with a flawless grace, marred only by a slight limp, and was every inch a regal queen. The second was obviously a loner. Like a shadow he was with the darkest pelt they'd ever seen. It was, wasn't black, it was more an absence of light.

He looked like he'd never taken orders in his life, looked like he'd used his outsider status to do whatever he wanted. Empowered by non-conformity, he took exactly what he wanted. For an instant Dane held control of the pack, the next he was second dog in all but name. While the black wolf didn't want open leadership it was clear that when he spoke he would expect to be obeyed.

"Hello friends. I am glad to see you. My name is Kohaku." The golden wolf blurred and a slender Japanese woman replaced her. "This gentleman is named Xerender." The black wolf blurred to be replaced by a man so hansome he made modles look ugly. Celest sucked in her breath. Xerender...Soul Crusher. One of those mentioned directly by name in the prophecy, a name right out of the prophecy.

He said nothing, not to explain his presence nor why he'd been conserving his strength in the battle against the hunters. He could have taken them apart with half a thought, yet had no done so. Slowly Dane took control of the situation. "We have a den not far from here. It would please us if you would come with us." Then he turned not waiting for an answer, sensing that the two would follow.

He worried all the way back to the den. Once all were inside he excused himself to use the bathroom and sat on the toilet with his hands in his hair, nearly crying in frustration. He stared at his hands, noticing for the first time a small mark, like a snowflake on his hand. It was a moon glyph. He gawped disbelievingly. That hadn't been there this morning! The mark of one of the Chosen of the moon! What could it mean?

Now they were six. As they sat around the TV Dane wondered if he should wait around for the seventh or if he should start the journey to his birthplace...his and Sirriaths? Yet could these new members be trusted, especially Xerender?

Author
Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good chapter.

I think Sirriath said that 2 more would be arriving shortly. I don't think they can wait around forever, waiting for a seventh that might arrive only when they start on their journey to her birthplace.

As for whether we can trust the latest 2 - I think trust will come over time. They should work together for now, because Rath said they should. If anything happens to change that, I'm sure they're mor than capable of dealing with it at the time. Smile
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did she say two or did she say more than two, that is the question...

Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I just realised I neglected to comment here - must be what happens if you read without logging in.

I'd say inform HQ, with advice to send more agents.

Then I'd remember that was the other story, in which I've already replied, wake up from my daze and instead say...

Wait for the other arrivals.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think you're confused Lordy? I'm the one writing all these things! And I'm plotting to unleash two more of them on you people here pretty soon, finished others or not.

Author
Smee
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would request you hold off on any more.

I can't keep us as with them all as it is, and I'd like to be involved with them, rather than reading them in the archive.

But I'm just one reader, it's your choice.

Happy Writing Smile
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*nods and puts pen away* Okay I'll finish at least one before I post one more. I'll keep it that way too just because I value everybody who want's to participate in my stories. I only wish I could spare myself from bodily harm on this end....*batts away another sharp stick* Poke

Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*slaps self* I finished reading this chapter, but forgot to comment. Forgive me.

I agree with Shady, I think we don't have time to wait for the seventh. If there this last wolf is really part of the Seven, he or she will find the pack nonetheless.

Not much of a decision really. I know Smee wants to hear some life stories, perhaps they could be told as they journey to their destination.

Oh and I agree with Smee. Hold off on any more stories. It's hard enough trying to keep with this giant influx of stories this year.
Cool

-Confucius
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vote now!

Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*cowers* Yes Ma'am! *salutes*

I say go on. Whoever else who is supposed to join, I am sure will either meet us in transit or at the birth place. Cool

-Confucius
Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Chapter Seven: A Winter Wood Reply with quote

Well I have to get cracking on these SG's if I ever want to finish any of them so it's sharp turn arounds on my polls folks. This one went with the pack of Six moving out so...
-------------------

Chapter Seven: A Winter Wood

Dane realized he couldn't hide in the bathroom forever, every second he stalled was a second lost...and he had a feeling Sirriath would brook no delays. Mustering all his courage he strode back out into the living room. Four pairs of eyes instantly snapped to his face, awaiting his orders with an easy acceptance. The last pair negligently swept over him from under a thick thatch of black hair.

"We must move, there is no time for rest. For those of you with injuries I must ask you to heal them if you have not already done so." It was a risk, asking them to use their powers when the moon was this close to full, but it was going to be an even bigger risk to use the Lope to travel across space and time...without the Council knowing.

With a shake of his head he blurred into wolf form and, for the first time, knew what others felt like when they saw him. To have Xerender walk up next to him in wolf form, and dwarf him, was a humbling experiance. Yet he only locked eyes with the black wolf who's ears flicked back a fraction of an inch. That's right pretty boy, just wait till later and we'll find out what you're made of.

To his great surprise Xerender answered. Now is neither the time nor the place to rip you to shreads. The stars move in troubling patterns and I'd hate to have you injured when they need you. Dane widened his eyes in surprise. His mental sheilds were nothing to Xerender.

To take his mind off this troubling discovery he turned to adress the rest of the pack. "Tonight we shall take you to the Winter Wood. It is a dangerous place, being directly in the center of the Cursed Lands. The three packs that claim that territory for their own are vile, cruel, and more than willing to spill our blood just for tresspassing. They grant no wolf safe passage and show no mercy." Before he could speak more Xerender came forward.

I don't claim to know more that one who was born in such a place but if you need a visual aid you might take a good look at the scars on my muzzle. I ventured into the Winter Wood once and only once. I took with me one companion, a wolf by the name of Vaner. He and I were all that was left of our pack, the High Tor wolves. Allie sucked in a breath and she and Dane exchanged glances.

The High Tor pack all had outstanding warrents of execution on their heads. It was said that a few years ago a young wolf from that pack had delivered a deadly insult to the the Council Alpha, Ajax, and for his insolence the whole pack must suffer. The details weren't clear but it was known that Ajax had two ears before the encounter...and only one afterward.

Yet Xerender continued his story. Vaner and I thought that the only place safe from the Council was in the Cursed Lands where no law could go. What we didn't realize was that the Council didn't bother with the Cursed wolves not because they were 'unclean' but because they were mad. There were mouldering bones everywhere, chewed and cracked for marrow. Bones of our people chewed by our people. It was sickening... Celest shifted nervously, Ricky looked green, Allie and Dane were shaking their heads, and Kohaku looked ready to faint.

They came out of nowhere on the fourth day. Vaner fought well but...when they were finished there wasn't even enough to lick up. I...I used my powers... He abruptly turned away from the group and silence dropped over him like a hastily lowered portcullis. It was clear that the topic wasn't up for discussion. Whatever his 'powers' were it was clear that Xerender wasn't going to elaborate.

Allie cleared her voice. That's not to say that the name of the Council is unknown in the Cursed Lands. Every wolf knows of them and the pack Alpha's even have the abilites to reach the Council Glade, but being affiliated with the Council will get you nowhere...being affiliated with us...well Dane and I technically are members of the Shadow Pine pack. That means that two of the packs are our bitter enemies and one pack...

Dane stepped forward. The Shadow Pines are a little more honorable than the other two...but not much. They won't turn us out but don't expect kindness or any extending of rights beyond those of food, water, and rest. Seek not to enter the dens or any of the sacred groves. And whatever you do don't go Moon-mad! The Cursed ones have no choice, they'll become true monsters as is dictated by the curse and when all is over some will still be wolves, others will have changed into men. But I warn you if you go mad in the Cursed Lands you will bring the Curse upon yourselves. Are you ready to move?

There was silent assent from those assembled. Dane swung his head to look at Xerender. I trust that your powers are not those of the Lope? Xerender looked at him scornfully. Celest stepped forward.

Sir I have the power of the Lope. Kohaku moved next to her.

And I the power of the Howl Dane nodded. The pair of them working in concert with the rest of the pack lending support...

Not I. Xerender's thought broke in on his own. I cannot lend my power lest it kill us all. We'll leave it at that. Dane turned to look at Xerender. He was a big wolf and if they had to drag him through...Xerender shot him a scornful look that seem to say 'drag...I think not'. Well he was still another set of fangs when it came down to it...provided he'd fight this time.

Whelp! Of course I'll fight! The humans...I once made a promise to someone special I'd never harm a human when the moon neared full... That made sense...if Xerender went mad...Dane shuddered.

With gestures and flicks of his expressive tail Dane managed to get Celest and Kohaku to concentrate their efforts while power from Allie, Ricky, and himself flowed into them. The world lurched as the pack began to move through the tunnel of space and time. Dane was shocked. He'd expected the black wolf to be a dead weight since he was contributing no power, yet he seemed to weigh no more than a shadow or a breath of air.

The landing was jarring and sudden, the pair exhausted by their sudden loss of energy. Dane swore in the language of wolves. He was a rather poor leader. Here he'd only just gained control of his pack and already he was driving them beyond their limits.

They hadn't slept in who knew how long, hadn't eaten in about the same amount of time. He knew next to nothing about each of them, save Allie, and now he'd just stranded them in the middle of the second most dangerous place on the planet. Xerender chuckled.

There is a cave not far from here where the Cursed ones fear to tread.

How do you know?

I recognize this place from my first venture into this wood. I was injured and tired and I decided to make my last stand in that cave...but they would come no farther than the edge of the trees. I shared it only with the bones of an Elder long gone and a tiny pool of fresh water in the back, a Geia's pool I think they're called. Come I will show you the way. He waited for no reply but began to move off in the direction Dane thought was west.

The pack looked after the black wolf then turned to face their leader...Which way would they go?
------------------
Well?

Author
Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go west. You have no better leads at the moment. Follow Xerender Smile
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shady Stoat wrote:
Go west. You have no better leads at the moment. Follow Xerender Smile

Does Stoat like the furry black wolf? Love

Author
Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*grins* I like puppies. They're more fun to tease...
Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect she'd get eaten.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'd use her pelt as a dish rag. Very Happy No offense Stoaty...

Author
Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*grins* None taken. Weasels survive by not getting into those sorts of situations in the first place Wink
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh but you're a Stoat. Even if stoats are members of the weasle family that's like saying a ferrit is the same thing as a mink...

And I know some ferrits that might take offense to that...

Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speak to many small furry creatures do you Rai?

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small furry creatures go many places that a large scaley dragon may not...

Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's similar to Aseops Fable about the lion and the mouse then?

Voted, and winning.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm perfectly capable of pulling out my own thorns and getting out of my own nets thank you...

Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf, stoat, ferret, whatever creature I maybe, I don't want to be casually wandering a cursed place alone, and tired. With that much said, Xerender seems to be more experienced in the ways of survival.

-Confucius
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Chapter Eight: Tales of tails Reply with quote

Right it's life story time as they can't go anywhere without resting first...
------------

Chapter Eight: Tales of tails

While Dane was reluctant to seem subseviant to the black wolf he had to put his pack before his pride. He gave the rest a curt nod and one by one they fell in line behind him as he loped up to Xerender's side. The black wolf gave him a quick glance out of the corner of his eye before slowing his pace just a bit.

Kindness...from you?

It's not beyond me. I just choose not to exercise it much. For some wolves in some places, such as this, kindness is a weakness. A soft spot for your foes to lock their jaws into and hold until your life gives out. Varbodane could understand that sentimate and, as he trudged through the chest deep snow, he gave grudging respect to this wolf. He had no right to judge if he knew not the motives.

Slowly the cave came into sight and Xerender let out a breath Dane didn't know he'd been holding. Worried you were lost? The massive black wolf shook his head.

Was worried we'd been spotted but so far our luck holds. With that he scrabbled the last few paces to the cave's entrance and ducked inside. He emerged a few moments later, his tail waving slightly. This is the place. Quickly inside! He stood guard at the entrance until they had all filed in.

With a slight sigh Xerender followed them. How did he ever get himself into this mess. Because you followed the vision. You saw her and smelled her and had to have her. He shook his head, trying to clear the lingering scent of the white female out of his head. When he'd first encountered the pair of them, Varbodane and Alkesta, his heart had lept in his chest.

They had smelled so like her, were such close kin...it had been such a letdown to find out that she wasn't with them, that she was somewhere else. He padded into the cave, claws clicking on the slightly warm stones, and settled himself on a bed of moss and lichen. Around him the weary pack licked their wounds and settled into the familier rhythem of a resting pack.

For a moment no wolf spoke, neither aloud or in the silent way. Then Varbodane's quiet voice filled the empty, ackward, space. "For the moment we are all safe, or as safe as we can be in the Winter Woods. We have depended on each other to reach this place because of a quest laid upon us by one we all barely know. For all the time any of us has spent with Sirriath we might as well have been chasing snowdevils.

But she is not the only one we know nothing about. We know very little about ourselves. Most of us never laid eyes on each other before this day, now we find that we must hunt together or fall seperately. I'm not asking for you to bear your soul to us, to unlock the deepest secrets of your selves. But a little bit of your story would be much appriciated."

For a moment he was faced with blank looks then, to everyone's great surprise, Xerender spoke up. "You know what my pack was. You know how I came to know of this place, how I came by the scars on my muzzle. But I owe you more explanation than that. I cannot explain all my actions and I ask neither your pity nor scorn. My tale is simple and easily told...once I find the time to start."

They fixed their eyes upon him, unblinking, and Xerender curled a little tighter to himself. "I was born on the high bluffs and the red cliffs of the High Tor pack. My father was the leader of the pack, the alpha wolf, stern and proud. My mother...my mother was a human, from the town just inside the edge of our boarders." Xerender looked defiantly into their eyes, daring them to make the slightest remark about his mixed parentage, but when none of them spoke he continued.

"When my father first met her he was young and foolish and in desperate need of blending in amoung the humans. My mother was kind enough to take him in, give him work on her ranch. Yet the animals shied away from him, sensing the wolf within' him and not liking him for it. Yet my mother wouldn't dismiss him.

I know not how the courtship began, nor how it ended. I know only that my father had been long returned to his pack by the time I was born. He left before my mother even knew that I was to be born into the world. For the first fifteen years of my life I lived as a mortal, a human.

I thought that our world, our kind, was no more than an urban legend, a myth made by hollywood to earn money. Then, shortly after my sixteenth birthday, I learned the truth. My mother had gone to town that night and I had told her I was going camping. All that week I'd been feeling itchy and irritable. Ever since I'd..." He stopped his telling for a moment, grasping for words to fill the blank.

Finding none, he continued on. "I was curled up in my pack the first time it hit. A scent, drifting past my nose. I couldn't sleep, not with it hovering around me like a cloud of expensive perfume. It seemed to be poking and prodding at me, urging me on to do things I'd never done before, had scorned others for doing. Then, at last tormented beyond reason, I struggled out of my blankets.

They seemed to tangle around me like some entrapping web, hot as a womb, and I was beginning to feel pain. I thought I had stones in my sleeping bag, but that didn't explain the kinds of pain that were sweeping me. Be grateful, all of you, that you were born wolves not men. You knew what to expect when your form first blurred the line between man and beast. You knew and didn't fight it, welcomed it with open arms.

I did not." His ears flicked a moment as a growl for the pain he'd suffered escaped Celest. "I don't know how I did it, made it out of the sleeping bag, but the next thing I knew I was standing on my feet panting...my four feet. I thought I was crazy, didn't want to believe that all those myths might have been tue. Then she came.

At first I thought she was a ghost, so silent and white, just a fragment of the cirrus of the moon come to earth. She was beautiful, my teenage mind could only equate her beauty with that of the Homecoming queen, and the queen paled by comparision. I knew, instictively, that while she was physically my age, her mind and soul were much older.

I won't lie to you and make up her words. Nor will I tell you what passed between us that night. But I will say that I wasn't ashamed of my inner beast after that. I went home the next morning and made my mother breakfast. While she showered I laid out a table for one and left a note in my place.

I havn't been back since, don't even know if she still owns the ranch or not. Instead I became the wolf and sought out my father's people. At first they wanted to call me a lone wolf. I was much battered and beaten before they threw me at my father's feet.

At first he didn't want to believe, but too soon he was forced too. In both wolf and human form I took after him, smelled like him, and after I came into my full powers he no longer had anything to be ashamed of. I, the half wolf, was stronger than any other in my pack. Too soon my father began to see me as a rival and he sent for the wisdom of the Coucil to see how he could be rid of me.

I will end my tale here, saying only that since the distruction of the High Tor pack, and maybe even before, I have been left to my own wits and my own devices. My one goal in life has been to find the white wolf. I've tracke the scent of her all the way around the world, and that's what eventually led me to your city."

For a moment silence again came over the group then the golden she wolf stirred from her position on the floor. "My name is Kohaku, which means Amber, and I was born to a pair of Japanese wolves. You may find it strange that werewolves can be found in Japan but since the time of the first ancestor it has been so. My father was bitterly disspointed at my birth, he'd been hoping for a strong son yet the spirits deined him once again. Thus he was left with my sister and I.

He trained us as he might a son, trying to hid his guild in the honor of having two noble daughters, yet my golden coat helped matters not. In Japan it is the silver pelt such as you twins bear that is much favored. I was seen as an ill grace child for all my good points. Yet my mother loved me and taught me the mystic ways, that I might find shelter with any pack because of them.

One night, while I was frustrated trying to master scrying in a pool of water, the moonlight shimmered into the image of a white wolf. With infinite paitience and care she showed me the right of it, and the right of the Howl as well. Then she told me that when the spring of Orange cherry blossoms came I was to go to America and seek her out.

Thus I did, though my mother wept and my father scorned me, warning me that should I ever return to his house such punishment as never before was seen would befall me. I have not dared to question that statment. Instead I came here and I was sorely treated. I knew too little English to understand that I was being taken advantage of.

Had not Xerender found me I know not what I might have done, perhapse even lowered myself to begging on the street. I just remeber that I was standing in an alley, every rib in me sticking out through my fur, and fleas crawling through the dirt and filth that was matted over me.

A noise startled me and when I turned he was there. At first I wanted to run, being to tired and weak to fight, and the I decided to give him whatever it was he wanted. Instead of doing what many an uncooth male might have done he simply looked at me and asked 'Little sister are you hurt?' I was so grateful I could have collapsed right there. Instead he led me back to the warm place where he stayed, showed me food and kindness and asked for only one thing.

Had I seen a white wolf. When I told him of the wolf who'd taught me scrying I realized they were one in the same. Since then I have travled with him, never feeling safe unless I was by his side, and yet not once has he ever asked of me that which so many males would. For that I give him honor above many and you should as well."

As if to make her point Kohaku got up and moved on shaky legs to where Xerender was curled. Without so much as a sigh he moved off his warm bed of moss and lichen, settling down again once Kohaku was comfortable. Celest looked at them.

"So you're...what I mean to say is...are you..."

"No little one. We are not mates." Celest's ears waggled in embarassment and it was Ricky who came to her rescue.

"There's a song out there about a boy named Ricky who wasn't any good. That was me. I was always a little too wild for anyone, a little too dangerous. Then, one night as I nursed a bottle of tequila, she walked up looking like jailbait and sounding twice as good to my booze soaked mind. When she crooked her finger I couldn't stop myself from following.

I was her errand boy, ran and got this, fetched that, made sure things were running smoothly. Before I knew it I'd been clean and sober a year or more and wasn't looking back. I never thought that she'd ask for payment, thought that working for her was enough. See she had some curious habits and I wasn't inclined to ask about them like someone else might have been.

Then, one night when the moon was shining like a silver dollar in the sky, she asked me what I felt like doing. Before I could stop myself I answered 'I want to run in moonlit medows and feat on a new slain deer.' I was horrified. Her I'd just let the biggest secret in my life, something I'd never given away in a boozed fit or fuzzy high, on a whim.

But she only laughed. I didn't realize until later that she was a Hunter, that she'd known me for what I was all the long. Soon she started bringing others of our kind to her house. They'd all look shocked when they saw her tousle my hair and send me to get something else. It was one night when she was 'entertaining' that the white wolf appeared to me.

'Go find the Forked Tree pack. They have need of you.' I couldn't disobey. I fled that night and ran until my pads ripped open and I left a blood spore a bat could have followed. I barely made it to the pack's lair in time."

"Yes," Celest pipped up. "I remember. I was a member of the Forked Tree pack. Born and raised amoung my Mother, Father, and seven brother's and sisters. Our pack was large, simply because we took in any wolf willing to obey our rules. I was a bit wild, a bit headstrong and I loved to greet the newcomers.

When Ricky arrived I didn't know what to make of him. He looked as if he were fleeing some great evil, and at the time he seemed perfectly safe. We took him in, cleaned him up, and he proved to be a useful fighter. Then, one night, the Hunter lured us all to an abandoned werehouse.

She was working for the Council it turned out, looking for traitors and spies. You two were with her...you know what happened." Dane and Allie turned their eyes toward the stone floor in shame. "The werehouse burned to the ground. Everybody...gone in a flash. I would have been too if it hadn't been for the white wolf. She picked me up like I was a newborn pup and whisked me outside, dropping me only a few feet from Ricky. We've stuck together ever since, trying to build a pack from the dregs of our kind.

Rath was the best, the strongest, the nicest...and now we all know who she is. She's the one who brought us together, who's making us share all the pain, hurt, and anger. She's saved us all at one point or another and now she's asking payment."

Dane cleared his throat. He looked at Allie who nodded slightly..."Don't you wish to hear our tale?"

Author
Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since it's a time for tale-telling, go ahead - listen to 'em all Smile
Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, just keep going.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why stop the stories now? Best hear what Sirriath's brother and sister have to say about their childhood.

-Confucius
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vote and be damned. Very Happy

Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't you be saying vote OR be damned?? Razz

Voted.

-Confucius
Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I already was - damned that is.

Now I'm winning too.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lordy, we're all winning. And yes you're already damned, now you're damned twice.

-Confucius
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Dane and Allie...spill your guts...
-----------------

Chapter Nine: Twins

With the exception of Xerender, who probably could have managed a look of intense boardom when a meteor hit Earth, the wolves crowded in close, waiting to hear what they hoped would be a profound explanation. Slowly Dane outlined the events on the day of their birth, their dead mother, their flight through enemy territory, Sirriath's call.

They remembered how the spirits had come out of the snow on silent feet. How they'd woven in amoung the real wolves but had been like blasts of icey air. How the small pack had been jumpy and nervous, save small Sirriath, who'd hung limply in Therese's mouth with eyes like whirling ocean depths.

"And I remember just staring after her as those spirits took her away. I wanted to ask why but my whimpers were just interperated as hunger, fear, and cold. They didn't think I cared, didn't think we understood...but we did. We felt her loss from the first, an empty chill between us." Allie took over for her brother, blending her narrative seamlessly with his.

Her voice was pitched low, strained with emotions shame cheif amoung them. The memories were painful, the remembrances of an hours old pup being shunted and unwanted. Xerender's tail twiched in involuntary empathy, he could understand what it was like to be unwanted. Near him, Kohaku thumped her tail in encouragement and Allie, taking heart from her tale, continued in a steadier voice.

"We were nursing with a strange she-wolf when the Council's courier came to collect us. Never said a word, just scooped us up like a man would pick up dynamite covered in fecal matter. And we were off, flying through time and space until he dumped us out in Council grove at Ajax's feet. At first we were scared, we didn't understand. We didn't know anything about the Prophecy they were speaking of."

For a moment the weight of the Prophecy, the entirety of which was unknown to all present save for a few propagandic passages and the hated names they contained within it. Xerender, Alkesta, Varbodane, the wolf of the stars, the wolf of the streets, the wolf of the jewel, Sirriath...

Dane cleared his throat. "But we were fed, sheltered, and brought up with the knowledge that our sister, the white wolf, would some day destroy us all. We were told, every chance they got, that we were the only hope for the Children of Loki, and we believed it." The last bit was only a soft whisper.

And Alkesta's voice was even softer, even though the keen hearing of the wolves picked it up as easily as a shout above the wind, which was beginning to pick up outside. A few more snowflakes drifted down from the sky, thickening and quickening with each passing breath the wolves drew. A storm of epic proportions was brewing out there.

"And yet, each time danger threatened us, she came back. She'd always be there, a wolf only moments older than ourselves, yet somehow ancient and all powerful. A broken leg here mended, scorched fur there regrown. Nightmares chased off, evil spirits banished, dream haunts destroyed. Anything that could have caused us harm...the white wolf was there." Tears stood plainly in Allie's eyes.

The wolves could well understand, such things must not be easy to tell, especially to near strangers. Despite the stories already told, much had been with held from those tales, and did you really know a wolf until you'd been back to back in battle. Who knew what really lurked behind the gem-like eyes of the others.

"At first we hid her visits from the Council, we didn't want to believe, couldn't believe, that she was evil. But then, as we grew older and it was pounded into our heads, we saw less and less of Sirrath and each time we did, we told the Council. They knew that she moved freely about the spirit realms and worried that she'd seek to possess us. We began to believe that all those times, when she'd helped us, were purely for her own selfish reasons."

The pair of them sat, shoulders rounded, ears drooping, hunched in shame and despaire. For what was not told in the words of their tale, what they could not tell, came through in a thousand other ways. The scents that wafted off of them, the way they leaned on each other for support. They were telling little more of their story than the others had, with holding all that was too painful or simply stuck in their throat, unable to be voiced. And if Xerender was reading their minds he was keeping that information to himself.

"Then," Dane's voice was hardly more than a whisper. "Then came the day when the Council told us she'd returned. We felt the moment she crossed the barrier in our bones. It howled in our ears like the song of the Gods, a beautiful, terrible thing. And we knew our duty, as the Council had instructed it to us, and we began to hunt down the wolves whom were pointed out in the Prophecy. We hunted down the High Tor pack, The Forked Tree pack, declaired that the Amber wolf should receive no aid...we were terrible."

"Can you forgive us?" The plee was plural, the voice choral, the meaning amplified, and the import doubled. Slowly Ricky touched his nose to the dirt, showing his loyalty. Celest belly crawled forward and licked their muzzles. Kohaku beared her creamy throat. Xerender only snorted and flicked his ears a bit but they noticed his lips remained firmly over his teeth...he was willing to give them respect if not forgiveness.

Outside the storm howled, white and furious, and something howled within it. Xerender snarled softly and walked to the mouth of the cave. "Damn. There's at least twenty of them out there...most of them almost as scarred up as the marker trees around here." Dane joined Xerender at the cave mouth.

Any ideas?

Besides fighting and dying?

Options would be preferred.
For a moment Varbodane thought that the big, black wolf would simply charge out there and take all the Cursed one's on. But instead he only gave a low, evil sounding snarl and turned to face Dane.

You're right options would be nice.
------------------------
What options might they have?

Author
Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the shape of the cave? Is there anywhere they can group to defend a narrow pass? If only a few wolves can get to them at a time, then they should be able to fight their way out of this, or wait their way out.
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shady brings up some good points about the cave. I can't think of much to add at the present moment.

-Confucius
Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe send Blackie out by himself, while the others make a break for it.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it certain that there is going to be a fight? From what I gleaned these other wolves could be just circling the place, so perhaps the Dane and the others could wait for them to leave.

-Confucius
Author
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voted... yay

haven't we already heard their tale? why do we need to hear it again Confused
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was last chapter's poll WB. Wink We're still discussing what should happen now that Allie, and Dane's tale have been told. And now we have enemies outside our doorstep.

-Confucius
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for my lazyness...

The cave entrance is so narrow that Xerender and Dane are too cramped to do anything other than move forward or backward. Xerender can't really fight in it at all but Dane should be able to hold it by himself.

Once through the tunnel the cave opens up into a circular space that could comfortable fit twenty wolves with some old bones to one side and pool in the back. The pool is fed from a stream that comes from a crack in the rock, too small for any wolf to fit through.

And yes, the wolves outside are just circling the 'fight or die' option referres to the fact that, to their thinking, they only have the options fight the wolves outside or die of starvation here in the cave. However I'm hoping you guys can come up with other options soon so I can post the new poll.

Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only other idea I can think of right now is the one of surrender.

I guess another option now that I am bit more awake is trying to talk with these wolves, but that seems pretty hopeless since they seem intent on killing the group. But it could be likely that one of the Seven could be in that pack.

-Confucius
Author
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on... am I missing somthing here? Wasn't Sirriath, End-Bringer, meant to be one of the Seven? I'm not ruling out the possibility that she, with her knowledge, is going to be in some way still with them as the last one of the Seven in spirit. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Angel
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think she was one of the Seven. Maybe. She is the one that has organized this group, and she told them to meet her at the place where she and her brother and sister were born.

-Confucius
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right as soon as this poll goes down, if I'm online at that time, the new poll will be going up.

Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait, Rai. Cool

-Confucius
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay the poll's finally up! Vote!

Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted to do something unexpected, and winning.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah do something unexpected like this. *gives Bob a thwack*

-Confucius
Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely thwacking Bob is quite expected by now?

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voted for the unexpected, and winning. dont thwack bob. Be nice to him, give him a quick death, like this.
*gets out her machine gun and shoots bob full of holes, then runs so the law won't catch up.*
Gun :biggrin: Gun
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I am sure people know. But it doesn't hurt to make mention of it once in every topic. Very Happy

-Confucius
Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still hurts Bob.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Lord. We have an animal rights person in the vicinity. Very Happy

-Confucius
Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me? Animal rights? Mwhahaha. I don't even give to charity - unless it's a charity sponsered event which I'm doing - such as skydiving.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you were just pitying Bob just for the sake of it? Playing the devil, as usal.

-Confucius
Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know the saying Devil's Advocate - ask Soily just how much that applies to me.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we stop disscussing bob? I acidentaly killed him with my gun, and I wanna stop talking about it. Otherwise the Police will know, and I'm already wanted because of that attack on the Stickmencalledbob club last week. That was me. Shocked

Tea Cures All.
Author
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Thwacks Bob as he votes*
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright...hope this is unexpected enough for you...
---------------------

Chapter Ten: Seven Warriors, Tenfold Trouble...

We could always try reasoning with them. Xerender snorted, fangs gleaming.

You'd have more luck talking to a rock. For a moment he only stood there, then his ears flicked a bit and he closed his eyes. Come, I have something everyone must hear. Slowly, head an inch lower than he normally carried it, he walked back to where they all lay. He stood aside as Dane passed and waited for him to settle on the floor next to the others.

"This isn't easy to say...but while I've told you the truth, I have not told you all of it." The huge form of the black wolf shimmered, shifted and grew bigger. Then, as surely as there had been one, there were now two. "This is my brother." The large wolf, not as big, black, or scarred as Xerender, inclined his head to them.

"Hello. My name is Xerender." The wolves looked at each other. Celest cocked her head to one side.

"But his name's Xerender." The wolf formerly known as Xerender shook his head.

"No my name's..." Before he could answer a challenge was issued from the gathered wolves ouside. The seven of them turned their heads toward the sound, then snapped them back to the pair of black wolves. "Never mine the name...just called me Wolf." Slowly the brother's exchanged a look then, as one wolf, they bolted outside.

Wolf turned a moment and called back into the den. "Run for it! Xerender and I will draw their attention while you escape." He turned to leave when Kohaku clamped her teeth onto his tail.

"But how will we find you!"

"You won't we'll find you. I promise." With that the black wolf was gone to join the battle his brother had started. Dane looked at Allie.

"At least now I know why he wouldn't share his power with us."

"They were using it to remain a single wolf! Can you imagine what it would be like...being the same!"

"I bet they're identical twins, save that because 'Wolf' was the one doing most of the wolf form he's scarred and bigger and darker while he looks different in human form from his brother...it's too confusing!" With a nod Allie bolted out, leading Celest, Ricky, and Kohaku toward the birthplace while Dane followed behind.

He noticed no traces of the brothers, could barely smell them over the storm, and heard nothing of the Crazed One's either. Both a blessing an a curse. He ran swiftly and close behind Kohaku, as the swirling snow kept visibility to no more than an arms length and the flakes stole the scents as well.

He worried, the brothers would never be able to find them in this. He tried reaching out to them with his mind but was repusled with a terse snarl that made his mind ache. He ran on, keeping the end of the line clear, staying alert for trouble...unfortunately he didn't recognize it when it came.

One moment they were running along...then next...a million Council enforcers were surrounding them from every angle. The burst through the snow, from trees and shrubs, they'd been waiting, waiting for the Seven to pass by them. Wolf! Xerender! Don't follow us it's a trap! He caught an energy signature that might have been a yes...might not have, and then a sharp blow crossed his skull and he knew no more.
---------------------------

When Dane woke he was in human form, bound with chains forged under a full moon in the Council grove itself. Worse than that the Council members sat, just beyond his reach, in a semi-circle of judgement. Ajax loomed large and deadly at the head of the circle.

"Five...only five...The Prophecy calls for Seven...seven who shall aid the Endbringer." He stood and began to circle Dane, who's chain was tagged to the stone floor with nine bolts of titainum, keeping out of range the whole time. The faint light caressed his ragged countenance with it's one ear, making him seem faintly demonic. He snarled at Dane.

"Where are the other two Varbodane...I might spare the two females if you'll tell me." Dane laughed.

"Oh yes. You'll kill Allie and I and Ricky too...then, when we're not around to protest, you'll kill Kohaku and Celest. I know your methods One-Ear." At the sound of the hated nickname Ajax snapped and a bloody wound appeared on Dane...It didn't instantly heal. Dane's eyes widened just a bit.

"Oh yes. I've learned that trick too young wolf. Still care to stand against me? I should have learned not to trust something like you. Not after...him..." For a moment whatever passed between Ajax and the black brother's hung in the air. Then it was gone, as intangible as mist. "But no...I perservered, hoped you and your sister would turn out differently and I was wrong."

Ajax paced behind him, forcing Dane to turn swiftly and that made his head wobble in a squashy sort of way. "You've named more of the Prophecy wolves. You, your sisters, Kohaku...Amber...the wolf of the jewel. Celest...celestial...the wolf of the stars. Ricky...a tattered, shattered outcast...the wolf off the streets." He paced a little more.

"Where are the other two? Where is Xerender...Soul Crusher. Where is..." another of the wolves snarled.

"Sir, he knows not all the names. None but the Council know all the names." Ajax narrowed his eyes.

"It is too late to protect Him. If He was going to stop it He would have." He turned his gaze back to Dane. "Varbodane...where is Fenris?" Dane's eyes widened. Fenris...wasn't that...?! Surely not! Xerender...Wolf...whatever his name was...he couldn't be Fenris...could he?
---------------------
Far away two brother's sat in the grove where Sirriath had been born. One dark, bleeding, a warm soul too long trapped within his harsher brother. The other black, scarred, too jaded and roughened by his life. They looked at one another, gazing at the pair of skeletons that graced it's now snowless floor.

"They'll know now. Know who you are." The black wolf looked at his 'brother'.

"No. They'll still think that I'm you, that you're me. We have some time."

"Then what are we going to do? All of them need to be present for it." Slowly, the black wolf, who was truely Xerender but was known as Fenris, turned and looked at his brother.
--------------------
What are they to do?

Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they're going to have to try and rescue the others I suppose, but just how I don't know.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was certainly unexpected.

I agree with Lordy, the two brothers should rescue the others. But I think first the five captured are going to need to do something to allow for a rescue.

Maybe keep Ajax and the others talking...

-Confucius
Author
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tink Fenris and Xerender should try a rescue mission

Tea Cures All.
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New poll start voting.

Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted for stealth, and winning - unsurprising as it was the first vote.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to add some competition. Voted.

-Confucius
Author
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted! Winning!

Just a thought- Are we three the only ones reading this story?

Tea Cures All.
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe. Probably. But who cares? I like it. Very Happy

-Confucius
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rave! It means the world to me that more people than Lordy are reading this story!

Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'm not good enough for you am I?

*is hurt*

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am a picky person when it comes to reading material. That is why I probably read a lot.

Lordy, you and I are only two people out of a huge pool of people, I am not daring to estimate. We are not even a whole percent I think.

-Confucius
Author
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just think aboat the total views on thi9s page and divide it by a random number. Then you get how many people read it. Or not.

Tea Cures All.
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this topic has 997 views, and 145 replies. But I don't think most of those views factor in the number of readers. 'Cause you know the author could be checking up on this story several times a day. So could a dedicated reader. And the number of replies, most of them are probably not focused on the SG.

-Confucius
Author
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats why I said divide it by a random number. Then you have some kind of estimate that takes into account the people viewing it 17 times and whatnot.

Tea Cures All.
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True enough, Whitey. Very Happy

-Confucius
Author
Viridian

Items

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting story, so far. As it is, though, there doesn't seem to be much the brothers can do but attempt a stealth attack...

Last edited by Viridian on Wed May 24, 2006 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Author
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

use [s, not carrots for italics Vir. Anyhow, when is the next chap up?

Tea Cures All.
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitey means that you should use the brackets--[ ]--since we have to use board code here.

-Confucius
Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry - carrots?

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Viridian

Items

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, OT: Argh! BBCode vs. HTML! Kills me.
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caret= wedge-shaped mark made on written or printed matter to indicate the place where something is to be inserted (Merrium-Webster Dictionary online)

It's pronounced the same way as the vegetable.

-Confucius
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right...the long vacation has left me a bit puzzled as to what I was going to write...gimme a night to chew on this one.

Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right resting over I've come up with something you might consider...interesting...
-------------------------------------

Chapter Eleven: Rescue

"We'll have to use the Lunar Mirror." Fenris snarled fur standing on end and snapped his jaws.

"No. You're not strong enough to use the Mirror...not until after the Crossover!" Xerender snapped his jaws, the real Xerender, and swished his tail in an irritated manner. Fenris continued. "That Mirror is one of the last remaining shards of Selene's power. Tamper with that and you'll tamper with Sirriath!"

"Without that Mirror we'll be walking right into the Council's jaws. And if I'm not mistaken it takes Seven to open the Gateway...the Five Lines, the Key, and the Sacrifice. How are we supposed to compensate if the Council kills the other five?"

For a moment the two wolves stared at each other, one willing to risk everything to save the future, one willing to risk nothing they couldn't afford to lose. As the smaller wolf looked into the golden eyes of his scarred brother he shook his head. "No fair. You know that in the end I can't refuse you." Xerender smiled.

"You always were the better of the two Fenris. Now fetch the Mirror."

"Fenrear's got it. This may take a while." Xerender growled.

"Tell him I sent you." Fenris opened his mouth to speak and Xerender's growl turned into a snarl. "Me, Fenris, Me...and warn the Ravens as well. I want no surprises when I return for my sword. I'm going to scout the Grove, see if there's any way I can loose them without the Mirror."

Fenris bowed low, his coat losing the last vestages of darkness and becomeing the mottled rust brown of the ancient red forest wolves. "Yes lige. Thy will be done." As the demi-god bounded off in search of the dangerous artifact Xerender turned a tight circle between the two skeletons.

His claws lengthened and his coat seemed to grow denser as he himself grew bigger. He longed to shed this itchy wet skin of mortality..."Not until the Crossover." He turned to see the skeleton of Sirriath's father rise, the wolf it had once been a ghostly overlay on the animated remains.

"Yes she's already working from her side. The world of spirits will be ready when the time comes...not before." Xerender turned as the skeleton of Sirriath's mother padded up behind him, her transparent form more than a little disconcerting.

"Heh, it's ironic isn't it. One of us looking to die, the other wants nothing more than to live." For a moment they shared a moment of perfect understanding, then Xerender shook himself. What had he been doing?

He looked around the grove but it remained unchanged, the skeletons laying where they had been for twenty-five years. He looked out at the snow. The Others! Something had happened, it was all a little hazy in his mind, but the Council had them! He paced back and forth for a bit, wondering what he was going to do.

An idea dawned in his brain, one hatched from his dangerous days as an Outcast. Praying for the spirits of the Ancestors to help him he parted the barrier between worlds and stepped through the opening. Moving through the world of spirits he by passed the many layers of protection around the Council Grove.

Reemerging into the world of mortals he sent the Ancestors his thanks, he was no Sirriath, to cross worlds as he pleased. Keeping his belly to the ground and his tail flat behind him he slunk, like the preditor his was, to the edge of the trees that surrounded the Grove.

The Council was all there including Ajax, that bastard. He repressed a snarl, realizing that the slightest sound would alert the guards that circled just feet from his position. He turned his attention to the other five and was forced to bite his toung to keep from roaring in fury.

They were chained like common house dogs, in human form, and it seemed Ajax had been busy 'playing' with them. Celest was sprawled on the turf, streaked with blood, one outstreched hand inches from where an unconcious Ricky bled from a nasty gash above his eyes. Alkesta looked like she'd been stapled to the ground with massive silver brackets at each joint driven deep into the soft loam. Kohaku was a shivering, ball, her blond hair turned scarlet, her pale skin ruddy.

But it was Varbodane who drew his sympathies. He looked like he'd been in a dog fight...as a human. He bled from numerous scrapes, slashes, and deep bites. Chained so that he was kneeling with his arms pulled tight straight out behind him he couldn't have defended himself if he tried. Taking a risk Xerender sent him a mental message. Be brave kid. I'm here.

Heads shot up as the mental signel was detected but untraced. Ajax roared his frustration. "They're here! Find them! Bind them! Bring them to me!" Xerender slunk back into the bushes a few yards and waited, taking down the two guards that came to investigate.

Then he circled, silent and stealthy, ripping out throats before a whimper could be made. The Grove, air already saturated with the scent of blood, soon sported little red rivers of blood. "Find him!"

"Oh they found me alright." The Council jumped out of their skins, save Ajax, who turned his one-eared head to stare at Xerender as he sauntered out of the bushes, fangs stained red with the blood of the many Council guards.

Slowly Ajax turned to face him, lips peeled back from his own yellowed fangs. "So half-breed you finally reach the end of your chain." Xerender snarled a bit at slur then smiled.

"No chains on me One-Ear, bit short-sighted on your part isn't it?" They sized each other up for a bit, the other Council members put in their place by a terse snarl from Ajax.

"Stay out of it! This is between me and the half-breed." They exchanged a nod of recognition, neither was going to give up their chance at satisfaction...or vengance. "You're bigger than I remember."

"Did you think I'd be a half-grown whelp forever? What I lack in purity I make up for elsewhere." Yet he was bigger, bigger than he had been at any time in his life...funny he thought he'd already reached full growth.

As anger surged through his veins, rage transforming into adreniline and testosterone, he seemed to grow bigger. Ajax backed up a step. "What sorcery is this? You're not Xerender." The massive black wolf chuckled.

"At the moment yes and no. The body belongs to Xerender, the one and only, the half blood, the Outcast, Soul Crusher. But that's not who I am. That's not the name of the spirit that's lurks just under the surface. The name of the soul that slumbers in Xerender's subconcious, that takes control from time to time. Can you guess my name?"

Ajax backed away from the now massive Xerender while the five wolves in chains, Ricky having come around in time to witness this moment, exchanged puzzled glances. "Fenris! Begone Fenris!" Ajax swished his tail. "In the name of Loki BEGONE!" A rent in the fabric of worlds slashed into the middle of the Council Grove and a howl split the air.

The massive black wolf gave a sharp bark and, stepping high to avoid sinking into the blood churned mud, the real Fenris came into view. Ajax backed up even further, putting as much distance between him and the Prophecy wolves as he could, backing right into the Council ranks.

"Here you are sir, the Lunar Mirror." Slowly Fenris sat the object, swathed in black velvet, at Xerender's feet. He gazed at him reproachfully. "You're doing it again." Xerender nozed the cloth.

"Can't help it. As the time draws closer I synchronize with him more and more. Too soon we will draw apart but for now..." As the mirror was exposed a flash of silver lit the Grove, vaporizing chains and flashing the remaining wolves into the form of men.

With the long handeled silver mirror in his hands, Xerender walked forward. "Do you want to know the funny thing about this whole Prophecy Ajax...do you?" Without waiting for an answer Xerender continued. "The funny thing is there's nothing you can do to stop it."

Slowly, a howl that no man should have been able to perform spilling forth from his lips, Xerender raised the mirror into the moonlight that illuminated the Grove. There was another flash and...
--------------
What might the mirror do?
----------------------
Well how do you like it?

Author
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It curses the guy it's used upon with being stuck in between Human and Wolf.

Tea Cures All.
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New poll's up...people should do some voting. The story nears it's end.

Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange DP...So the group needs to get away...I think the mirror should delay the enemy. Thus my choice goes to that of trapping the werewolves between their human and wolf counterparts.

-Confucius
Author
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally the last chappy of this, the original Rai Story Game. Enjoy.
----------------------------

Chapter Twelve: Crossover

Suddenly Ajax stood in the center of a pack of hideous creatures, half man, half wolf. It is given to all of the Children of Loki to be able to take the forms of men, wolves, and a creature halfway between...the Lokian form or War Form. What the other Council members had become was not the Lokian.

Instead they were men with the limbs of wolves, limbs incapable of supporting their weight, sparse patches of fur and mismatching eyes. They alternatly whined and begged, asking to be delivered from the pain of this half existance. On the other side of the feild, Xerender sagged into Fenris's arms, Mirror sliding from his limp grip. "I warned you Lord, it's too much for this flesh to handle. Your life force is ebbing."

With a terse snarle Xerender shoved himself upright. "It matters not now. The time is at hand, the stars are aligning, the Crossover can soon begin."

"No." Snapping out of his shock Ajax, the last unharmed Council member, lunged at the weakened Xerender, only to be thrown to the ground by Varbodane. "Insolent puppy I shall..." Dane backhanded him savagely, snapping Ajax's head around.

"Bastard! You really piss me off you know that! Maybe it's time to quit holding back, to quit trying to please everyone and start trying to live up to my destiny hum?" He reached down and grabbed Ajax by the hair, unmoved by the big man's struggles. "Maybe it's time to show the Council Alpha what happens when you piss off War-Monger."

A hand gripped his shoulder. Varbodane turned to stare into Xerender's eyes. "No. Dane you can't kill Ajax."

"Would you like the honors?" He proffered Ajax's bared throat to his pack mate, for Xerender truely was his pack-brother now, for as long as they lived. Xerender grinned coldly.

"Oh I intend to have that honor but not here, not now." He knelt wobbly and stared into Ajax's eyes. "You see Ajax, when I said you can't stop the prophecy I was telling the whole truth. As long as you're alive we can go on. Because the prophecy calls for seven wolves. The War-Monger, the World-Shaker, the wolf of the jewel, the wolf of the stars, the tame wolf or the wolf off the streets as it is known, and the Soul Crusher. But the last wolf is the god made flesh."

He coughed a bit and cast an eye to the stars as Fenris shook his shoulder. "These you have been called for a very simple reason. Because each of you five are the last of the five original bloodlines. You must all be present for the Crossover to begin. Then there is the Key, the god made flesh, he who must open the door. But the most important is the Sacrifice. You Ajax."

Ajax stopped struggling and stared at the possessed wolf before him. "What! I'm not mentioned in the Prophecy! Nowhere am I mentioned."

"But you are. The name Xerender is a'Xerender in the Prophecy. Simply not Soul Crusher but THE Soul Crusher...one who crushes souls. You Ajax." Varbodane drew a sharp breath.

"But that would make you..." Xerender stood, tottered, nearly fell, but managed to remain standing.

"That would make me the God made flesh." He smiled. "And believe me I'm feeling my flesh at the moment. It's not holding together too well all of a sudden." Fenris gripped him, holding him steady.

"Lord we must..." Xerender nodded. "Allow me to support you."

"No. Keep Ajax from escaping." He turned to the five stunned wolves. "My pack will support me for the last leg of this journey." As if it was a sign the Mirror in the moonlight pulsed, a ring of silver kissing each of the humans in the Grove, turning them into the wolves they were, stunning the half wolves.

From it's glass surface a beam of moonlight fanned out, forming a triangular doorway to a winter wood where a misty white shape waited. Xerender took a step forward, faltered stumbling, and was steadied as Ricky took one side Dane the other. The three of them passed through the shimmering portal, followed by the girls.

For a tense moment the five feared that Ajax might escape Fenris's watchful eye but all was well. The demi-god had no trouble with the last Council member. As soon as they were through the portal began to waver. The last image through was that of an ancient looking grey wolf, Fenrear, taking up the mirror with a nod.

Xerender returned the nod and turned his muzzle skyway in a deep howl. Slowly the others followed, even Ajax pulled unwillingly into the song. "Let the Crossover begin!" With a cosmic bang suddenly the world was full of spirits, all the restless Children of Loki, those under the Curse, who had died rushing to a point in space at the center of the circle the seven wolves made.

From the direction of the Council grove came the shredded spirit of Therese. She turned blazing eyes upon Ajax who suddered, knowing that soon enough he would be spirit flesh and subject to her jaws for all eternity. He tried to bolt but found himself rooted to the spot.

Then came those still living Cursed. They ringed the edge of the small clearing, rank after rank, row after row. Followed by those who were not Cursed, all who could come, and those who couldn't came in spirit as the two worlds overlapped. Everything grew brighter or dimmer, bigger or smaller, as their spirit shone through their earthly forms.

Towering over them all was Xerender, his spirit blocking out the very sky itself save directly over the center of the circle. where the cirrus of the moon disrupted his blackness. There, in that haze, was the essence of Sirriath though she herself was nowhere to be seen.

The bones of the dead, animated as their spirits joined them, stood amoung their living counterparts until all the Children were here, or as there as they could be. Where so many spirits had passed, holding the spirit world anchored in place, in the center of the circle a gate appeared.

Slowly, regally, walking with no hesitation though all could see his failing lifeforce, the massive scarred black wolf walked up to the gateway. "I command that the Gate should open and the spirit become the flesh again!"

From the assembled Children there came an answer. "We demand the price be paid." Ajax, nosed by Fenris, stumbled forward and vanished, never again to be seen. Slowly the Gate began to open, glowing ever brighter. As it opened though the mortal flesh of the black wolf began to fail, his soul rushing out of him too fast, being tugged by the glowing Gate.

"Lord!" But Fenris got no more than a step forward before he was frozen by the power in that clearing. In the center of it all the black wolf looked at the gate and shook his head.

"If necessary I will give my all to see this through. I will give everything I am to undo the wrong I did not trouble my self to stop. I'm sorry but I must." As if those were the words it had been waiting for the Gate blew open, pure white light streaming forward. Through that gate came a white wolf with eyes the hue of the night sky, a sliver glow blazing off of her. "Selene..." he collapsed.

"The price is paid, a life for a life, power for power. May the moon goddess long live. Hail Selene." The white wolf Sirriath, no Selene strode forward to where the black wolf lay.

"Rise Loki. Your court has been paid, your suit I accept. Come Lord of the Wolves. Show me you'll continue to feel as deeply for me." She nosed him, softly, her silver power restoring what the use of the mirror had taken from him. Instantly the wolf, whom all had known as Xerender, cesed to be. Mortal flesh transformed into god flesh, Loki rose.
----------------------------

After that the Curse was gone. No Child of Loki ever suffered the Madness or the moon-bound troubles that had plauged them since long ago three jelous she-wolves slew the moon goddess Selene in a fit of rage after hearing Loki had chosen her as his mate. Sirriath was in truth an end bringer. She broght an end to that terrible affliction.

Ricky and Celeste married after a long, rocky courtship, bent on restoring their pack to glory. Varbodane, now called Dane only, went on to rally wolf-human relations while Alkesta, Ally, wrote several popular fiction-romances based around enduring relationships. Kohaku returned to Japan where her father greated her with honor, accepting her on her own terms.

All five served as the new Council, judging fair and wisely with help from time to time, from Fenris and Fenrear. Under their guidance the Children of Loki lived in peace.

And every once and a while a white wolf with dark eyes and her massive black companion would stalk through reality. Wolf, man, or somewhere inbetween, the pair could never be forgotten by any who saw them.

And one night, as the Council gathered in the Sacred Clearing, the new Council Grove, snow made from moonlight fell on the place where two lunatics had once died so that their children might save the world...
--------------------

Well the tale has come to a close...I'm all choked up about it. I hope you enjoyed the tale...it's been a wild ride.

Author
Masterweaver
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*chanting* Sequel! Sequel! Sequel!

Great tale, left us hanging, but in a good way.
| |
\//\\/ ?
| \ |
| ||| \ /
|,||| ,|| \/
Reply to topic       Storygames Home -> The Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: