Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Chapter 15: The Loved and The Lost

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> Galleons of the Stars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Topics: 173

Items
Legends
41350 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Chapter 15: The Loved and The Lost Reply with quote

Alright, just to make sure you all know how much I need you I'm adding the death scene. It's told from Jade's point of view this time around but don't worry, it'll be told from Jasper's in the next chappy. Hey, this might work out better than I expected. Enjoy!
Warning: Contains Mature Content! Reader Discretion is advised!
----------------------------

Chapter Fifteen: The Loved and the Lost

The moment the pendant fused Jade felt like someone had taken a knife to her soul. Everything seemed to drain away, the world became grey and fuzzy around the edges. She automatically reached for Jasper in her mind, needing to feel his strength. Instead she felt nothing, a wall of empty air that stretched on forever. Turning her eyes toward him as she sank to the sand in a boneless heap, she saw the color drain from his face as his lips soundlessly moved. She strained to fathom what he was saying as she thudded to the sand, body barely feeling the jarring impact as her soul continued to slip away.

Her name, she realized with a start, he was saying her name. She tried to respond, to reply, to let him know she was still there. But her voice worked no better than his, only empty air rushing past her lips as her lungs expelled more than they could take in. She was growing so cold, all sensation fading as blackness threatened to engulf everything. Then...warmth...strength...Ambrois. Holding her, his hands running across her scalp as they had when she was younger and frightened and Jasper had been locked away from her for the first time. His heartbeat, stronger and louder than any other sound she'd heard, pounded in her ears.

He was so warm he was almost too hot to touch and that almost burning sensation held her full attention. She reached out with her mind again, seeking somebody, anybody to fill the void. She hit a steel wall, smooth and unclimbable, without crack, dent, or blemish. An icy chuckle reverberated in her head. Oh no lass, you couldn't handle me if you tried and I've no wish to be sharing my inner thoughts with you. Best try for the lad.

She scrabbled helplessly at that fortress-like wall but slid off of it into oblivion, too weak to try again. She reached one last time for Jasper, struggling harder than ever before to reach him...only to rebound to her body as she reached the edge of death. For a moment she struggled vainly but something was holding her back. Some force greater than herself would not let Jade hurl herself over the edge of death.
---------------------------------

Ambrois held onto her, one hand stroking her hair, the other pressed against the pulse point on her wrist. Tears streaked his face, his beautiful blue eyes bloodshot as he looked from his best friend to his first love and back. Donovan was compressing Jasper's chest, Saul breathing into Jasper's mouth, but though valiant their efforts they were in vain. Slowly, disbelief in his eyes, Donovan sat back and shook his head, tail curled tight between his legs and ears as droopy as they could be. He had the look of a beaten hound and, without warning, tossed his head back and howled. The cry of a Canin for the lost.

Saul furiously scrubbed at the tears that were falling from his eyes before coming off the ground and charging Angelo, who casually backhanded the boy with his left hand, an audible snap filling the air. "Not my fault lads, not my choice. I warned you not to go poking around but I suppose you just couldn't listen. I expect better of my crew."

"We're not your slaves bastard!" Saul said, trying again. This time he used his right, which was still clenched around the brilliantly glowing pendant.

"You're my crew, I AM the captain. You live or die by my orders is that clear?" He huffed a bit, slowly unclenched his fist and staring at it with a strange expression on his face. "Oh damn, not again." As he turned to leave Ambrois found the courage to speak.

"You said it wasn't your choice but you chose to fuse that damn thing back together. How is that not your choice?"

The slim man stopped. "When I split this pendant up I had no idea Red would be so foolish as to divide it further. The further this pendant is divided, the harder it seeks reunion. Putting it on his infant children, already twins of the closest nature, was the most foolish mistake he could have made. For all their lives they have been bound to and bound by these pendants who have poured their power into them, seeking to make them the physical catalyst for their rejoining. Now that they have rejoined, fused into their whole, they have retracted that power. Jade was lucky, being the elder and the dominant, Jasper had more power to loose. Without Jade to draw upon he couldn't handle the loss...and so he died."

Without another word the slim man stalked off into the night, leaving three stunned orphans with a corpse and a comatose friend to tend. They were torn with grief and loss and the need to ensure Jade's recovery. In the end, Jasper was left cooling on the sands while the three sat at Jade's bedside. They didn't see the slim man come back and bury the lad, nor did they see the way his right hand looked as though it had been dipped in liquid steel...
---------------------------

Two and a half years later....
--------------------------------

Jade stood in the dying embers of the sunset, arms folded across her chest as she watched. The fragrant blossoms of the clifftop garden swirled around her, one that was tinged with the softest shade of pink becoming entangled in the streaming banner of her scarlet hair. As her fingers plucked it clear of the heavy strands and she inhaled it's fragrance a memory jumped clear in her head. When she and Jasper had first explored this garden together Jade had remarked how much she loved the blossom and it's fragrance.

And Jasper had searched all over that garden until he'd found the bush they'd grown from, drug her over there, and handed her the most perfect blossom he could find. Then he'd stood there warily, waiting to see if she'd have any adverse reaction to the touch or smell of the plant, not trusting the bloom to not be poisonous somehow. Jade smiled, brushed away a single tear that trailed down her face, and crushed the blossom in calloused fingers. That memory was now streaked with blood, as were nearly all her others, all those memories she'd shared with him...all his memories now contained within her.

She turned and looked back at that blossoming bush, it's branches etched against the twilight, and the simple stone nestled within their heart. Letting the crushed flower fall, Jade walked over to the grave and brushed away the loose petals. "Hello Jasp. Sorry I haven't visited in a while...I've been busy." She settled herself down next to the stone, long legs tucked up under her small body as much as they would go. "I know that's no excuse but it's the only reason."

She sighed softly. "I can't believe it Jasp. You've been gone almost three years now..." Jade shook her head. "Well, two and a half." She amended. "And you know what? Angelo still hasn't opened those damned doors! I don't even know what you died for! All he ever says it 'when it's time' as if we're all supposed to go 'oh okay' and forget about it!"

Taking a few deep breaths Jade calmed down. Waving a hand in front of her face 'drama queen' fashion she pantomimed 'letting it go'. "Okay, I'm over it. Oh what am I saying? I must look like an idiot out here talking to a stupid stone in the middle of all these damn flowers. Later Jasp...I'm going to go work out my anger."
-----------------------------

Ambrois rubbed his eyes, trying to stave off the massive headache that was brewing behind those blue orbs. Something soft and wet hit his neck followed by several more. With a disgusted wrinkle of his nose he wiped the spit wads off. "Saul! Do it one more time and I'll..." He was unfortunate enough to be turning just in time to catch the last spit wad right between the eyes. A titch started jumping in his left eye. "Don't move...I want that look on your face...when I kill you!"

Donovan was suddenly there as the arcex lunged across the table, scattering soft white feathers like rain behind him. Despite having achieved his full growth, and therefore his full strength, Donovan was surprised by the sheer force contained in Ambrois's light form. Arcex were damn strong when they put their minds to it, especially after they'd endured Angelo's 'special training' for so long.

Saul twirled his wooden blow gun in his long fingers, grinning wildly. "Oh let him go Van! Let's see just how fast Daddy's little boy can be!"

"You heard him!" Ambrois hissed as he tried to break free of Donovan's hold.

Donovan grunted as he shoved against Ambrois, sweat beginning to bead his temples. Ambrois's long fingers latched onto the Canin's ears and began to twist, drawing forth a yelp and bringing tears to Donovan's eyes. "Dammit Saul, quit baiting him!"

"But it's fun." The youth said with a snicker. "Ever since he started loosing his feathers..." Saul's face blanched as Donovan's grip slipped for an instant and Ambrois's fingers came very close to latching onto his throat. "On second thought I've just remembered I've pressing business elsewhere!"

Ambrois laughed a bit at the dust trail that the youth left behind him as he swiftly departed the room. Then, as quickly as he'd become enraged, he blinked and his ruffled feathers smoothed. He sat down heavily in his chair, massaging his temples with his middle finger and thumb, hand over his eyes. "I didn't hurt you did I Van?"

The Canin plopped down warily next to him, rubbing his now sore left wrist. "Not really. You okay?"

"I will be as soon as this damn fledged is over. I'm too old for this shit!"

"Late bloomer." Donovan said with a chuckle, a chuckle that quickly died as one of Ambrois's blue eyes fixed him in a heated stare. "Forget I said that."

Ambrois let out a shaky breath. "No, you're absolutely right, I AM a late bloomer. I should have been done with this when I was Saul's age. It's enough to drive a man to drink...I'm moodier than Jade for Flight's sake!"

Donovan suppressed a laugh, making a sound half between a snort and a choke. "Well I wasn't going to say anything but friend, you're mood swings have been enough to drive a sane person to drink. Would you like some advice?"

Ambrois lofted an eyebrow. "And what advice could a Canin give me?"

"Plenty. You can't smell yourself," at Ambrois's look he rushed on. "Not like that! Anyone can smell themselves when they've got the hygiene habits of an ass. I mean I can smell the fact that you're out of whack. That your body is trying to compensate for something."

"Oh really?" Ambrois said in that lordly tone of voice, that 'I'm just humoring you peasant' tone of voice. "And what am I trying to compensate for?"

Donovan suddenly looked uncomfortable a bit. "Well...you've lost almost all the old feathers right? You've got your adult set now right?"

Ambrois stretched wide his white wings. A few loose feathers dangled off the surface but for the most part hard, slick white feathers gleamed in the library lights. They were different from the feather's of Ambrois's previous wings in that they were stiffer, better suited for plying the air currents. Close down, near the joint where his wings fused to his back, they were extremely soft and sensitive. The few dangling feathers, and those that littered the floor, looked like those of an adult but were far too flexible to do much good in the air, and far too rough feeling to be considered actual down.

Ambrois gave them a shake, sending a few more loose feathers drifting to the floor. "Yeah and..."

Donovan coughed, subtly changing the way he was sitting to make a hasty exit if needed. He looked as uncomfortable as ever. "Well maybe it's time you started acting uh...'adult'? It might put you back in balance."

Ambrois looked at Donovan in silence for a moment. Then he took one long finger, stuffed it in his ear, pulled out a gob of wax and flicked the gob off the end of his finger. "Come again?"

Donovan readied himself to run. "You need to get laid."

Ambrois nodded slowly. "...That's what I thought you said..." For a moment there was silence...then the arcex lunged. Had Donovan not been anticipating it, had Angelo not been drilling the need for speed as well as strength into their heads since they'd landed on this forsaken world, had he been anything other than a Canin...Ambrois would have hit him like a ton of bricks.

As it was the arcex merely hit the padding of an empty chair and went tumbling head over wings. "DONOVAN!!!!" His angry shout reverberated through the heavy doors even after Donovan had slammed them behind him. Dropping to all fours, Donovan bolted off down the corridor until Saul's neatly outstretched foot tripped him and sent him flying.

"How'd it go?" The rangy young man said as he helped his longstanding best friend to his feet. There was the sound of doors slamming open far off.

"Run." Donovan said simply, bolting back off down the corridor as if he'd never been slowed down.

Saul lifted an eyebrow. "That good huh?" A shadowy form moved further off down the passage, a form with wings. "Yeah...running sounds like a plan...Donovan wait for me!"
-------------------------------

Ambrois is going to kill his friends if you don't do something.

Angelo sat back and wiped his brow, smearing black grease into the sweat that already decorated it. Sounds like fun, I'm tempted to help.

Angelo! Haven't you already done enough damage?

Curiosity killed the cat Cele...and Satisfaction didn't do a damn to revive it. He reached forward again, sliding his arm down the long shaft to reach the components he was maneuvering. If his calculations were off even the slightest...He gritted his teeth and swore vehemently as a shock wave traveled up his arm. Zap me again love and I'll leave you with your body.

You wouldn't dare!

Angelo grinned at the tone in Cele's voice. Oh try me love. Right now I've got just about the least amount of patience I've ever had. Parenting was definitely not what I was cut out for. I can't take much more of their crap. His fingers twisted the small crystal, easily sliding it into it's socket. Pulling his hand back, he scooted out from under one of the Muse's massive engines.

Standing he massaged the back of his neck gently, flexing his wings and giving them a few hard flaps to loosen stiff muscles. I've got one half of a set of identical twins who seems to have inherited all the bad traits of the other and forgotten all the good traits she possessed in the first place. I've got a canin who couldn't pull his tail out from between his legs if a spine walked up and bit him on the arse. I've got a son going through the most dangerous phase of his life and he's paying less attention to me than he does to dirt. And to top it all off, I've got a prankster who's obsessed with some of the most dangerous objects I possess...

You mean he's STILL trying to raid your pockets?!

He hasn't lost any fingers yet so I don't think he's learned his lesson well enough. One of these days he's going to go too far and my damned coat WILL eat him. And then I get all the fun and joy of his remains randomly showing up in the oddest of places when I'm looking for something...I'm still finding bits of Seamus you know.

Or you may not find him at all like Toby...

To be fair I don't think my coat ate Toby...I think it spit him out. It actually cares about it's health you know.

Which makes me wonder what it's doing with you.

Angelo shrugged and then grinned. Hey, you didn't have to say yes. Silence ruled the renovated ship as Angelo moved through the interior, heading for his quarters. He grinned to himself, pleased and relieved that repairs were finally complete. Hell, it had only taken him four years but what's four years when it's the love of your life you're talking about...both the loves of your life?

He'd just settled down, relaxing totally for the first time in a very long time, when a blue glow began to condense around him. Before he had more than a moment to acknowledge that a very bad, painful thing was about to happen, every nerve in his body was struck by a bolt of energy that left his newly shortened hair standing on end and smoking. Alright, I'll go stop the boy from doing something incredibly stupid and make him do something against his personal code of ethics instead.

I win. Cele said with a smirk in her voice.

This round...damn you woman.
----------------------------

Ambrois had managed to calm himself down, taking deep breaths and flexing his wings to relieve the sensation the few remaining feathers still caused. They were painful and it hurt even worse when he tried to flex his wings around to pick them out, they were in the most unreachable of spots. "Dammit!" He hissed shaking his head. Had Donovan been talking to Angelo? He had to have been, they were both saying the same thing. But he wasn't going to use Jade like that. He wasn't going to do bed her just to make himself feel better. That was a very low, very despicable, very Angelo thing to do. So wrapped up in his thoughts was he that he didn't notice Jade as he passed her by.

Jade was sweaty from a workout that had left her more tense than before when she saw Ambrois pass in the corridor outside. His face was troubled, his blue eyes stormy, his whole posture that of a man at war with himself. Maybe he felt like sparring a few rounds? He was, next to Angelo, the only person she didn't feel guilty working her anger out on. She knew he'd stop her if she got too rough and she didn't really give a crap if she managed to hurt Angelo, something none of them had accomplished to their knowledge yet.

Falling in step with him she tapped him lightly on the shoulder, and ducked under the sweeping backhand that followed as he spun around. His eyes lightened and his whole demeanor changed as he observed her. "Jade, you know you shouldn't be sneaking up on me right now."

"Oh don't whine at me Ambrois. I don't want to take your 'I'm moody' crap right now, I'd much rather just fight with you."

"Well that's pretty apparent! You're doing a damn good job of pissing me off and I'm already angry enough as it is Jade. Stop before I try and take your head off."

"Like you could!" She dodged under his blow even as he jumped over her leg sweep. Before either of them knew it he'd wrapped her up in both his arms, wings curling around them as his back hit the wall. "Oh to hell with it." Jade said, sliding one hand around to run her fingertips lightly across the downy patch of Ambrois's right wing. The effect was instantanious, his eyes darkening as a shudder ran through him.

"Jade don't..." She kissed him, cutting off his final protest as Ambrois yielded to forces working inside himself. Pulling back he hissed through gritted teeth. "I think we need a room."

"I think you read my mind."

Half a dozen discarded rooms later found Jade and Ambrois doing something that had been on both their minds for quite some time. Their clothing lay strewn around them, much of it piled under Jade so that she had some padding between her skin and the cold stone. She kept running her hands along the soft patches of Ambrois's wings, sometimes dropping them lower to trail along the bands of muscle that traced his ribs...bands like those she'd commented on Angelo having what seemed like an eternity ago.

She enjoyed the way it kept him moving, drew involuntary noises from him. And of course she enjoyed the feeling of those soft feathers under her fingertips, the feeling of hot skin. The feeling of him...she would have screamed had he not kissed her at exactly that moment and swallowed the sound into himself. His wings flexed above them as if trying to lift them into the air, his pinions scraping the floor vainly.

With a shudder all motion ceased, the pair of them spent and enjoying their moment. A moment that was suddenly cut short by the sound of the room's access panel being keyed.

Who's opening the door and what might their reaction be?
-------------------------------

Okay well I'm sorry for downplaying Jasper's death, don't worry it will come back to haunt folks just not now. I'm trying to move away from seriousness and into humor so if it leaves you feeling a little disappointed that's only temporary. And this Dp is fully open for all those wicked little comments I know you're dying to make, suggest away!

"Music makes you braver."

Last edited by Kalanna Rai on Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:56 am; edited 5 times in total
Cyberworm
Respected Citizen

Topics: 5

Items
Legends
2410 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another fine chappy, Rai. I thoroughl enjoyed it. (I know it sounds odd, but I really did enjoy it lol)

Whoever enters the door, the reaction should be WOOOOT!!

Laughing

Beyond Good and Evil
Could it be that being good is not good at all?
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Topics: 15

Items
Legends
5046 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New character. We need one.

As to what their reaction might be, that depends on the character doesn't it?

Tea Cures All.
The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Topics: 13

Items
Legends
2439 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are we going to add a new character? On a deserted [Insert location noun here].

Quote:
think it spit him out

Spat. Not spit.

The very last bit of the chapter was somewhat disturbing. It was all a bit sudden and, well, a bit rushed if you ask me. Missing out the part about Jasper dieing Was, from my point of view, a bad decision.

We missed out on a heckload of the character development and when I read this I can't help but feel like these are completely different people. The only one who hasn't changed a bit is Angelo.

Speaking of which, Angelo should be the one who enters. Let's see where we can go from there.

:EDIT: I just earned 11.11 fables for that post. Very Happy

Doors to the truth, an SG where a boy is propelled into worlds he is unfamiliar with. He crosses many worlds, and sees many things that force him to throw away his innocence, once, and for all. Fourth Chapter, out for viewing!
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
41350 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to say it Whitey but Meanie is right, there's no way for a new character to suddenly crop up at their present locale. It's not like anybody has the coordinates or anything.

As for missing out on all the character development, wait and see. I've got a plan that involves yet another time honored comedy element...yup I'm talking about flashbacks.

I had to weigh the difference between humor and agony and since this is supposed to be a humor story I decided it was about time for the funny to start showing back up.

Mephistopheles
Respected Citizen

Topics: 16

Items
Legends
6104 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i have to agree with meany, in that it should be angelo. Can see him opening the door, a big grin on his face, and some dry comment like "Glad i didn't have to take the lass and show you how to do her boy." or something like that. then make them do extra sparring practice or something. try to exhaust them before they have the time and gumption to do it again, at least, not again today.

Good read, though, yes, i feel it is a bit rushed to have just visited the grave and then called it good. A flashback may not have as much impact as real time telling.

eminem

without the threat of death,
there is no reason to live at all

marilyn manson
Kirranna
Resident

Topics: 2

Items
Legends
616 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great chappy. I f5 most everyone in that I wish you had included the death scene, but I also can appreciate the use of flashbacks. Smile

As for the DP I think it should be all three of the others- Donovan's curiosity had won over his common sense when he smelled the trail of pheromones th two would have left behind them, Saul because he is always curious and decided to tag along, and Angelo because he couldn't find his son right away and so he used some sort of locating device and met the other two curious creatures outside the door.

I think Angelo should be "so did he prove himself worthy to be MY son?" Saul should be really grossed out and Donovan should smile but get really embarrassed...he can smell what happened.

Mephistopheles
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
6104 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was sorta harsh crunchy, but, sorta true too.

eminem

marilyn manson
The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
2439 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Meph, you got it wrong, Angelo should give "advice" or "suggestions" to the two, making it extremely awkward (and hilarious).

Doors to the truth, an SG where a boy is propelled into worlds he is unfamiliar with. He crosses many worlds, and sees many things that force him to throw away his innocence, once, and for all. Fourth Chapter, out for viewing!
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Topics: 168

Items
Legends
10415 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no more new characters!

I guess it would be Angelo. I can't think of anything else.

I felt disappointed and cheated at not seeing the climax that would have followed the end of the last chapter - not just for the spectacle of it all, but it has completely glossed over the reason one of them had to die at all, except for my suspicion, which was that the death was pointless and that it was Angelo being a complete bastard.

At the moment I feel we were made to choose just for the fun of it - and despite all the responses and ideas we may as well not have been given a DP at all, just a poll.

I appreciate that this is supposed to be a humourous story, and it is great to see it swinging back in that direction, but the timing of that decision has made it lose something, IMHO. Had the business of the death and its reason been finished off, I think settling back into a more humourous tale afterwards would have been more fitting, I think.

Still I'll probably vote for Angelo, and see where the next chapter takes us.

Otherwise, very well written.

Smile
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Topics: 82

Items
Legends
9744 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*grins evilly* Could this possibly be the return of the pluni brat, Cobalt? (Along with the crew of Tabor that she's taken over after killing him, of course)

Enjoy the suggestion.

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
41350 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay all of you disappointed readers out there. I've added quite a bit to the beginning of this chapter so you'll want to re-read and I hope that makes you feel better.

I wasn't trying to cut you, cheat you, or make you feel less than in control. I was just trying to keep things moving and make things funny again.

And Lils, I'll say it again. Nobody has the coordinates to this place so how would Cobalt and co find it?

Lilith
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
9744 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And Lils, I'll say it again. Nobody has the coordinates to this place so how would Cobalt and co find it?

*shrugs* I'm sure you'll come up with something, clever girl you are.

Wink

Btw, the added scene up top.. nice work.

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Mephistopheles
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
6104 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for the death scene rai. I feel better about having had to justify my choice now, seeing as how you were asking a lot, then giving us nothing before. Smile

eminem

marilyn manson
Kirranna
Resident

Items
Legends
616 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, the death scene leaves us more fulfilled, but it was also still a good chappy before. My suggestion for the DP still stands btw!

The Meaning Of Fear
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
2439 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. Much better, Rai. That sucked before...

Quote:
The moment the pendant fuzed

Fused, not fuzed. There are about 5 other same mistakes in here. I'm not going to bother listing them.

Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
41350 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright folks. Thanks for all the feedback and I garuntee no more time jumps that span more than a couple days.

But now there's a poll for the next chapter...vote so I can redeem myself.

Lilith
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
9744 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehe.. Broke the tie Rai.... Wink

I say, all three walk in! Shocked heheheehehe!

*evil laughter* Cool

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Syranore
Citizen

Items
Legends
1633 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All three of them. When Saul walks in, he immidiately runs back out blushing like crazy. Donovan just would kinda avert his eyes, and walk slowly out muttering stuff about the evils of having a good sense of smell. Angelo would be giving advice and doing everything possible to make things embarrasin, or at least, the way I imagine it.
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
41350 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more day of voting left. New chappy goes up tomorrow.

Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Topics: 168

Items
Legends
10415 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm sorry I didn't get to vote, but I dont think my choice would have made any difference.

The added death scene definitely fills the void that was left, and it is a better chapter for it, IMHO.

Although this raises a few questions now....
Quote:
Jade was lucky, being the elder and the dominant, Jasper had more power to loose. Without Jade to draw upon he couldn't handel the loss...and so he died."

So giving Ambrois the choice was purely academic, Jasper would have died anyway. And despite being asked why he had to fuse the pendants right there and then, Angelo evaded the question.

So I still think the whole thing was about Angelo being a bastard. Very Happy

However it has revealed another mystery. They all thought there were 3 pieces of the pendant, but now we discover there are 4 because Jaspers and Jades were actually just one split into two - there is still a pendant piece out there somewhere!
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
41350 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. There was the piece Angelo wore as a medallion, the piece he took off Bloody Red that he had wrapped in his hair, the two he took from Jasper and Jade, and the gem from his pocket...which he'd 'lost to darkness'...heh.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Galleons of the Stars All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: