Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Chapter 23: The Reunion

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> Galleons of the Stars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Topics: 173

Items
Legends
41350 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Chapter 23: The Reunion Reply with quote

Alrighty, Saul's going to tell the truth...and you'll never believe him. Enjoy!
Warning: Adult Content, Reader Discretion Advised.
-------------------------

Chapter Twenty Three: The Reunion

Ambrois looked at Saul disgustedly, holding up a hand, cutting off the youth's stuttering. "Why don't you pull your pants on while I tie Cobalt back up. Maybe you can think of something creative to tell me in the meantime." Even Cobalt flinched at his frosty tone, unable to look him in the eye as Ambrois re-secured her hands and feet. Never once did his gaze stray from his task, concentrating solely on his hands and the knots he was tying. "When I find Cherry...." his growled threat was left hanging in the air.

"Ambrois? What's wrong?" Jade's soft voice echoed from the doorway, the back of one hand rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

Ambrois stepped back and stalked out, satisfied that his work would hold, knowing that Saul was following him. "Watch her," he snarled as he savagely brushed past the still bewildered Jade. She shot Saul a querying look, but he didn't even meet her eyes.

They hadn't gone very far down the passage before Ambrois whirled around, catching the smaller youth and hoisting him into the air, fury giving him strength. "Why Saul?! Can you not control your hormones or is she just too much for your weak wit!"

Saul couldn't look into Ambrois's eyes, focusing on the arcex's nose instead. "I realize that I've given you every cause to think so little of me Ambrois...but it still hurts. I...I know what I was doing but I've got a good reason! Honest!"

"You've a good reason like Angelo has good reasons Saul...but let's hear it."

Saul swallowed hard, dragging his unwilling eyes to meet the hurricane of sorrow and icy fury that churned in Ambrois's eyes. "Cobalt needs to think somebody is on her side. She knows rather obviously that you're not, that Cherry's not, and she's scared to death of Angelo. She knows Jade never liked her, even when she was dating Jasper. That leaves me and Donovan. I hate to say it Ambrois, but Donovan's incapable of even pretending to double-cross anyone. That leaves me."

He hit the floor with a thud as Ambrois quickly released him, looking away with a snort and a sardonic smile on his face. "So I'm to believe you're 'taking one for the team' Saul?"

"Oh hell no." Saul said with a lopsided grin, dusting himself off. "I still owe the wench twice over for her little ruse with me. As you put it Ambrois, pay-back's a bitch. However, the job comes with some excellent perks." He flashed Ambrois a cheesy grin and a thumbs-up, drawing a stifled snort from the arcex. "Besides, it makes me feel useful. Subterfuge has always been a bit of my thing."

"I thought kleptomania was your thing."

Saul shrugged. "Who says they don't go hand in hand. You've got to be quick with your wit to explain why you happen to have something that doesn't belong to you."

Ambrois grinned at this as memories flooded back. "As I recall, that's always been my thing."

Saul reached up to clap a hand on Ambrois's shoulder. "Yes and leading was Jasper's thing. You've taken up that mantel well Ambrois, now it's time for the rest of us to start towing the line." He placed his other hand on Ambrois's other shoulder, increasing the pressure of his grip and adding a little shake. "Let me do this, trust me."

Ambrois returned the grip, rolling his eyes as if to say 'why do I put up with this?' and shaking his head lightly. "I hope you know what you're doing Saul."

Saul flashed a roguish grin as he broke contact and ran his hands through his tousled hair. "No damn clue actually, but that's what makes it so fun!"

Ambrois leaned against the wall of the passage as he watched Saul dart off towards his quarters. This was the second time in a very short while the youth had shocked him. First he'd brought up a relevant point in conversation, now he'd hatched a none too well thought out plan that had a whole lot of merit in concept. If he actually managed to pull it off...Ambrois shook his head again. "Good luck Saul."
----------------------------------------------

The time had come, Angelo could feel it. It wasn't just the change in pressure as the sustaining fields of the Starhawk and the Wyvern merged. It wasn't just the sounds of the squad of men with drawn weapons outside his cell door. It was the feeling of her as the edge of her mental shields glanced off of his. He was yanked roughly to his feet, a few heavy blows about the head meant to daze and disorient him. They did their job, layering on top of the bruises from the other beatings he'd already sustained, leaving star bursts dancing in his vision.

Someone took hold of his wings and savagely twisted them, obviously wearing a pair of thick gloves as no cries of pain other than his own accompanied the action. A heavy chain was wrapped around him then, cinched unbearably tight. His cracked ribs were on fire, his smashed wings burning with agony unimaginable to those that lacked them. A hand roughly grasped his chin, forcing him to look up at Elias's face. The pluni's features were twisted in wrath, a mirthless smile turning the corners of his mouth. "How the mighty are laid low."

Angelo managed a smile of his own. "How the cocky are busted back to cabin boy." There was a loud crack as Elias struck him hard across the face but he merely smiled and turned the other cheek for the man. "May I have another captain."

Elias raised his hand then dropped it again. "Why bother, I actually think you enjoy it. Anyway, in five minutes you won't be my problem any more sir pirate."

Angelo's voice was glacial when he finally spoke. "Oh no Elias. I'll be your problem for years to come. You'll spend the rest of your miserably short life wondering just when the hell I'm going to walk up behind you, tap you on the shoulder, and rip your damned head off. Because I promise you, you have earned the pleasure of seeing just how long a decapitated head is aware and in pain."

Elias blanched before snapping at the guards. "Get this scum out of my sight! He's the Admiral's problem now."

Angelo bit back his cries as he was roughly hauled toward the deck, Elias vanishing in front of them. No doubt he'd play off Angelo's injuries as the pirate's own fault, it was believable enough. But there was no way he'd be able to play off the recent mental damage and Angelo knew she was going to pick up on that in a half heartbeat. As he was slammed around like so much dead meat, leering sailors laughing at his obvious pain, he ground his teeth and hardened his heart. Every single one of the men on this accursed ship was going to die. Every single one.

It was with such cheering thoughts that he was finally hauled up on deck, roughly shoved forward. But, to the utter dismay of many of the gathered throng, Angelo stumbled only once before standing on steady legs, head defiantly aloft. He felt her gaze at once, felt the gentle pass of her mind across his. Then, her voice, more beautiful than any sound he could ever wish to hear, cut through the air like a velvet razor. "Captain Fairbright! What is the meaning of this!"

Angelo hid a savage grin behind his curtain of hair, watching Elias's face contort slightly as the pluni flinched. "Admiral, the prisoner was involved in an altercation during his arrest and incarceration. We had to be quite rough with him for the safety of all on board."

"His physical injuries are of little concern to me Fairbright. However, he bears the signs of recent mental attack. This was expressly forbidden by the Counsel themselves. Arrest this man!" Before Elias realized entirely the sudden turn of events, the guards so recently hovering over Angelo took command of the former captain. "Where is the first officer?"

"He's rather unfit for command just now Admiral." Angelo said in a mocking tone. "He's got a rather bad case of insanity...didn't quite realize it was catching." the last was added with a smile as he tossed his head, clearing his vision and laying eyes on someone he hadn't seen in a very long time.

Trinity looked as good as ever, auburn locks falling in a wavy ripple across one shoulder, a massive iron shoulder plate rising off the other. Her copper eyes gleamed as her plump lips curved in a smile that could have been the twin of Angelo's. An iron collar ringed her neck and several leather straps mingled with a swath of lace to cross her upper chest just above the swell of her breasts. Her wings were swept outward, held low, and one elegant hand was on one curvaceous hip. Her legs seemed to stretch on forever and she tapped one well polished boot on the deck in amusement.

"I take it he is the one who was foolish enough to make the attack then? In which case further punishment would be to no avail. Very well, Second Officer!" A grizzled canin with only one yellowed eye stepped forward. "Your ship sir."

He snapped a smart salute. "Aye Admiral."

Trinity's blazing gaze scorched the ship once more, lingering the barest of moments on Angelo, before she nodded. "Mr. Valwright, I want the prisoner in my chambers immideatly. I've orders to proceed with his interrogation as soon as we take possession of him." She turned and, as almost and afterthought, added over her shoulder "And for Heaven's sake be gentle with him...and get those damn chains off. He's not going anywhere are you Angelo?"

He grinned. "On my honor, no."

"Then it's settled, you've your orders Mr. Valwright." And with the air of a very confidant woman, she strode across the gangplank and vanished into the depths of the Wyvern.

"Aye Admiral." A pluni called after her, barking sharp orders to the few remaining Wyvern crew members.

Angelo found himself able to breath again as the chains came free, hands gently leading him in the direction Trinity had just vanished in. If any wondered why the pirate was smiling, they attributed it to the ease of his pain. They'd never in their wildest dreams have guessed the truth.
------------------------------

For an instant she didn't know how to react as her guards led him in and left him with her. He simply stood there for a moment, before casually snapping the shackles and dropping them to the floor, rubbing his wrists. That lazy smile split his features and, before she knew it, she was rising on the balls of her feet to kiss him, his fingers wrapped so tightly in her hair she knew he'd pull some out. Things moved quickly from there as she snapped the clasps holding the upper portions of that coat of his on his wings. The thing didn't so much as snap at her when she did it...smart coat.

"Oh god," she said as she gingerly touched the bruises that mapped his pale skin. "They certainly did a number on you."

His breath hissed as she applied a tad too much pressure on the heavy bruising of his wing joints. He caught both her hands, kissing her fingertips. "Not enough to prevent me from taking care of unfinished business."

He took over, he always had, maneuvering them skillfully until he practically threw her on her desk, sending everything that had been on it flying with a single sweep of his arm. His smile was the same as always, exactly as she remembered it, save that the errant hair that haloed his head was no longer ebony but platinum, his eyes no longer lapis but silver. For a few moments there was no sound, save involuntary noise on both their parts, merely motion. Hard and fast, maybe too hard and too fast but she didn't care. She didn't realize how quickly it hit until his hand clamped down hard on her mouth to keep her from making a fool of them both and announcing to her crew exactly what she was doing. And it sure as hell wasn't 'interrogating' him.

He pulled back, moving away to pick up his coat and put it back on while she lay there a moment more. Her hissed breath as she tried to move drew a chuckle out of him. "Too much too soon Trinity." He walked back over to her, lightly running his fingers across her skin, making her shiver. "Or not enough too fast?"

"I missed you too Angelo." She winced as she moved again, then missed a breath as he did something clever where she couldn't see. "And I forgot what it's like...There's a hell of a difference between you and Kelso you know?"

He laughed again. "And how is that husband of yours?"

She looked up at him and gave him a bitter smile. "Dead. They found his ship a week ago, torn to hell. Mange by the look of his body."

"Which means to say there wasn't enough left for a decent funeral...damn Trinity, you have shitty luck with men."

She laughed and grabbed one of his hands. "You and I...we didn't do too bad. And it's not like we couldn't always start it back up."

It was then that she watched his gaze dip to the scar low on her abdomen, felt him run a tender thumb over it. "No, we had our chance. I don't fit into your life Admiral and you won't try to fit into mine." And just like that he moved away from her, shrugging back into his jacket and re-cuffing himself. "Now I believe you were supposed to be interrogating me?"

"Bastard." Trinity panted from her desk. She hurt so badly she couldn't even move back to her chair. "You enjoy this don't you?"

"Well," Angelo said slowly with an even larger grin, eyes riveted low on her half clad form. "I'm certainly enjoying the view."

"Angelo." She said in a highly frustrated tone. Several straight minutes of cursing later, she finally managed to dress herself and begin moving again, albeit rather gingerly. Settling herself with a grateful sigh behind her desk, she eyed the mess they'd made. "I'll be sorting paperwork for weeks."

"Paperwork be damned. We don't bother." Angelo said with a wink, easing himself into the chair across from her.

"Yes dear, but you're a pirate. You're not accountable to anyone."

"Naturally I'm not simply because there's not a living soul idiotic enough to 'make' me do anything. But most pirates are accountable to the Lords."

Trinity sighed then leaned forward, her mind reaching out for his. Somewhat gingerly, he formed a connection with her. Easy love, I'm still healing up.

How'd he get in in the first place?

Drugs. Something you'll need to look into.

Trinity's frown deepened. No doubt. There was a long, pregnant pause before Trinity finally asked the question that had been plaguing her. So Angelo, why are you here?

Gingerly, with a wince of pain and great care, Angelo twisted a hand around. His coat shivered and contorted, slipping a pocket over the outstretched hand. When it retreated, a small black device was left on Angelo's palm. A question Trinity. Do you know anything about 'The Culling'?

Trinity wrinkled her nose in thought. No, I'm afraid I don't. Should I?

Angelo let out a breath he didn't realize he'd been holding. He hadn't expected Trinity to be a part of the Council's mad scheme, but one could never be too careful. You'll have to decide if you need to yourself. Activate a privacy shield and listen to those love. Transcripts of your other 'Admirals' and what the Council has them doing.

Slowly Trinity did as Angelo bade her, cold fingers of ice wrapping around her heart even as dread and fury warred within her. The mad fools! It's called 'Forbidden Knowledge' for a reason! Those weapons nearly destroyed us all...how can they even consider... Her thoughts became incohearant with fury and Angelo waited patiently for her to calm down. At last, she looked at him again. Why tell me this? Your stake is obvious Angelo. If they get a hold of this, they'll use it on the pirates before anyone else.

Oh my stake runs far deeper than that love. But I told you this for one reason. To see where you stand. He struggled to block the images that threatened to spill over. It wasn't yet time to play his hand.

Trinity snorted. Where I stand...Angelo you can't expect me to...

No, not blindly I don't. I'll make you a deal. I'll tell you part of the tale and if you decide to stand with me, I'll tell you the rest.

Angelo...

It's either that or stand against me Trinity. And I will cut you down. The force behind that thought was almost stun worthy.

Trinity swallowed. She'd made one hard choice all those years ago, now it seemed insignificant in the face of this knowledge. I know Angelo...but it's hard.

Take your time love...but for the love of life as we know it don't take too much.
-------------------------------

The shiz is hitting the fan folks. Trinity is an Armada Admiral, left out of the loop for unknown reasons. Now, it seems she must decide where her loyalties lie. With the Armada, or with Angelo?
---------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed this!

"Music makes you braver."

Last edited by Kalanna Rai on Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:14 am; edited 2 times in total

Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure who she should trust. Why not be sceptical of both and see who is the most she can trust. Either that or she trusts Angelo, for all I know, just follow the one that doesn't have an angered voice.
Mephistopheles
Respected Citizen

Topics: 16

Items
Legends
6104 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obviously, seeing as how he just screwed her on her desk, she has trust for him, so why allow the hint of doubt rai? all she needs is the evidence that the council is plotting, and she will fall from the ranks and head off with angelo.

eminem

without the threat of death,
there is no reason to live at all

marilyn manson
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Topics: 82

Items
Legends
9744 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna have to say the Armada. Sex is sex. She got laid, now back to work. Angelo's not done anything for her and she's been with the Armada her whole life, right?

Stick with the job and what she's good at.
Syranore
Citizen

Topics: 2

Items
Legends
1633 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say it doesn't really matter due to the fact that several Armada officers are about to burst in and execute her on the spot for treason. I think that would be totally awesome, plus since Angelo seems to at least have some sort of relationship with her, it might add a little bit to his portfolio of reasons to hate his enemy. I do think she'd be more likely to side with Angelo, seeing as the alternative is death.
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
41350 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trinity is one of only four Admirals or the Armada. She answers directly to the Star Council themselves.

Gallant
Citizen

Topics: 14

Items
Legends
1645 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to kick my brain into thinking of a third option but it ain't happening... Got it! Why doesn't she strike out on her own. Don't stand with Angelo or the Armada. She doesn't like what the council want to and she's wary of Angelo's plan. She must have a loyayl crew and powerful ship by her side. She can use it to do what SHE feels is right. The option probably won't be picked but it certainly would be interesting if it was!
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
41350 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay all, the poll is up. Does Trinity stay the admiral she's always been, become one more pirate, or does she live in both worlds? Choice is yours and yours alone so VOTE!

Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Topics: 168

Items
Legends
10415 Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the third option will cause the most problems for Trinity in the long run, and will make for more interesting events - hence - have voted for it.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Galleons of the Stars All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: