Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Bushido: Chapter 8: The last decision?

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> InterFable Stories - Bushido - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  

D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Topics: 103

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Bushido: Chapter 8: The last decision? Reply with quote

What happened before: When Kihachi overhears robbers planning to destroy his village, he decides to go and search for samurai in the nearest town, were he finds two possible friends, so his companions and him split forces to meet both men at the same time. After a brisk meeting with the samurai they convince him. However, Kihachi goes to a gambler that proves to be evil, and when the Samurai tries to help, Motoko is taken hostage. Kihachi is to do nothing. After a brief fight, Motoko is freed and the group gains money and a new companion. After trying some samurai and hiring them, Kihachi wanders about, and walks into some sort of discussion. He has to choose wether or not to take some swords and rescue a girl that has been captured in the discussion. After he rescues her and she leaves, Kihachi gathers enough people and sets back to his village. They ambush the robbers and kill them, but to no avail, the village is lost…now Kihachi ignores the gambler and journey to his father…

:o Bushido :o

5 years later…

Kihachi stood opposing his opponent on the hard, packed ground. The wind bristled his hair sideways, and his Kimono flowed with the wind behind him, snapping back and then resurging again. Juanito watched his friend from a hilly rise, his arm hanging over the muzzle of his huge musket. The leaves of the tree he was sitting under shuddered. Kihachi stared ahead, unfazed. Juanito had seen him do it many times. At first as an inexperienced blunderer, now an imposing figure. Juanito had watched him grow through various phases, and he had felt part of himself grow too.

Again the wind picked up, flashing into Juanito’s eyes. He opened his eyes momentarily to see two men standing on a flat field. They were about fifty feet from each other, and yet they’re aura reached him, and he felt it.

Juanito covered his eyes with his hand as his eyes quickly jotted the surroundings in nervousness. It was a bleak day; the clouds had rolled into the sun. The little light that was left was waning, as if the battery that sustained the sun was slowly decaying, dying. Not so with the two men that sat in front of his eyes. They were vigorous men, both of them, Juanito knew that. They seemed evenly matched, but they weren’t, Juanito knew that.
The wind started an acute whistle. Then, suddenly, amid the piercing gust and the grey skies, fifty feet away from Kihachi, his opponent spoke.

“Tzuo Kozue, Mugai ryu!”

It was a while before Kihachi spoke, but when he did, his voice ran clear of indecision, fluid like a stream.

“I am Kihachi. A man with no last name or school, that is me.”

Both men drew their swords, their blades singing against their sheaths. Both men drew a position. Here worked differently their intelligence, here they differed. One man made his sword challenge the clouds, reaching to the sky, the other low, his heart intermingled with the earth. For a minute they stood, watching each other. Then, in a split second, they ran at each other with a horrifying cry, a cry of life in death, a cry of battle.

They flew at each other with astonishing speed, yet never did their swords tremble, never did their stances falter. Their robes stood against the wind. In another split second they were in front of one another, still at a terrifying speed. A glint of steel shined through to Juanito across the field, and in a flash it was over.

Juanito wasn’t sure who had won, the distance and quickness his eyes could travel weren’t sufficient to determine. One man held his sword high, the other one low.

Then the man carrying his sword high turned around. He walked slowly over to the other. Juanito dropped his gun and leaned over on his hands and knees. The man sheathed his sword as he reached his opponent. Then Juanito picked something up. The man wasn’t holding his stance anymore; he was leaning against his sword in a last intangible attempt to get up. He seemed to hold for a few moments, but then he suddenly convulsed as blood leaked out of his kimono in two strange spurts as he fell over.

The other man, the one who had held his sword high, Juanito identified, reached into his opponent’s body and drew his Wakazashi from the man’s chest.

An iron hard look crossed Juanito’s eyes, a look of revenge. Slowly he loaded his gun as the other man picked up his straw hat from the ground. Slowly he pointed it at the man. Then, suddenly, the man looked his way and smiled from under his dark hat. No other man would have known, no other man would have seen, but Juanito did. Five years had made him understand that smile well, five years had helped him recognize it.

“Kihachi!”

Juanito smiled besides himself, and leaned back to give way to a hearty laugh. Then he got up and ran down to his already departing friend.

The clouds started parting as they gave way to the sun…at least for a fleeting moment…

All lies. How could he have believed it? How could he have a believed a man who had sent him away as a boy would want him back? As soon as Kihachi had come to his father’s gate, enduring a grueling journey, he had been refused, outright refused. It seemed the old man’s disease had suddenly disappeared, and he didn’t want anything to do with his abandoned son. But since he had come all the way here, he could have one of his best samurai to train him.

Ha! Kihachi had soon out maneuvered this ‘famous samurai’, and departed on a journey. Yet, as he had been traveling through Kyoto, something had nagged him. This simple nagging had grown in Kihachi’s brain, until it became a monster, haunting his dreams.

His promise.

He had ignored it, and he had evaded all attempts at being captured. But now he knew what it is to give a samurai’s word, as now he was. His sandals shuffled through the tall grass.

He must go back.

Kihachi trudged through the dust, leaving shifting marks in the sandy road. His feet painfully rubbed against his straw sandals. He stopped for a moment to examine them as Juanito went ahead. He sat down on the ground. Kihachi pulled his feet up in front of his face and scrutinized them carefully as his eyes lost their focus. His dry throat itched terribly. He put down his foot and examined the sandals as well. Cracked lips baked in the sun. Finally, content with his examination, he put them back on and started walking again.

Five minutes later he was sitting down against a large rock again.

Kihachi’s feet had resisted many a harder voyage, which could only mean the sandals were bad quality. He sighed as he got up, trying to be oblivious to the pain. He tried to distract himself by counting swords and reminding himself to get new sandals once they got to town.

“Kihachi, we’re here!”

Kihachi looked ahead of his friend. In the glimmering evening light, he could see the top of some roof tops over a slight bump in the land.

He looked at it with grim determination. He would have to live here for at least twenty years, until the old geezer died.

Juanito watched his friend pause at the doorway. He had been told about the sacrifice Kihachi needed to make. From now on, this man he had seen blossom from a shy peasant to a confident samurai would be nothing more than a slave to an old gambler who wasn’t worthy enough to lick his boots. Any second, Kihachi would step inside, and that’s the last Juanito would ever see of him.

Juanito turned and tread away lightly.

Kihachi felt as if the ground were violently shaking him back and forth. Such was the force of his friend’s footsteps in his heart. But he didn’t move, didn’t look back, instead, he looked ahead.

Here he was. In front of the door of a man who he owned nothing. Had the attempt to rescue his mura, his village, Kihachi would have sacrificed himself as many times as the need demanded. But it had failed; it had ended in a complete disaster, ending more lives that need have. His two remaining friends had stayed. They hadn’t lost hope.

But he knew that if he returned now he would find the small village hidden in the wood’s deserted, a mere ghost town. Desperate men lose hope all too easily.

And yet here he was, in control of his own destiny, although he knew he could control nothing. The footsteps of his friend resounded in the distant gravel, a crunching, ear-piercing song of lost hope.

There’s so much lost hope in this world.

And again he thought, here he was, a mere step from freedom, or slavery. Hi own choice. But he knew what he would pick. Why ask these questions now? He had already answered them when he made his mind to come to this rat-hole of a town.

Well, he could always get used to it. It didn’t have to be that bad. Only with a little optimism, things could go better, and he could even make friends with the old gambler. Maybe the old man would free him someday.

Someday...

Who was he kidding? He would never be able to show his face to any samurai after that, mush less try to become one again. Once he re-entered the hard life a servant, a mere anomaly of a samurai, he would be smudged forever with the stain of prejudice. Had it not been hard to establish himself as a samurai after these five years, always fighting the reputation of a peasant? Besides… He knew this wasn’t the life he wanted to live. He wanted to live experiencing the constant but stirring threat, the excitement, the rushing and pre-historic feeling of the ‘hunt’ of life in death.

Here was his life’s decision. The ultimate trial. The last calculation, the last supposition, the last conjecture. the last presumption, the last postulation…the last good guess.

And he controlled the power, the incredible power, of himself. What a gift life has given us, tat indeed, we can control ourselves.

And what a curse.

Kihachi listened to the sun as it counseled him, as did the trees, the earth, the air, and every single thing on the planet. They all told him to leave, to leave immediately, before it was too late.

Juanito’s gun trailed in the sand. He could hear it still from here. He could hear in his memory, from countless times he had heard it before.

Yet he never looked back. He never looked back for one simple reason.

He knew that to the samurai, the power to control himself was stolen, purloined…at his own consent.

The power to control the samurai lies in…

Bushido.

Bushido, the code of honor, Bushido, the coat of arms that wraps itself around the samurai’s heart, and slowly crushes it till the beating thing is no more than a hollow shell.

Or is it Bushido, the flower that curls around the samurai’s heart, to aid it grow beatiful and strong and upright…and bud thorns to punish the ones unloyal to it?

But he took the vow when he was a peasant, so why should he have to pay now, when he was a samurai? They were like two different people…

But Kihachi knew that there was no excuse.

He heard Juanito weep.

“Hey you, air ye jes’ goin’ te stand thair all day?” said someone from inside.

“No,” said Kihachi as he stepped inside “No.”

“So ye want ter see tha big boss?”

“Yes, I would like to.”
Kihachi waited patiently at the hallway, with his sandals still on as the man went to fetch his master. Slowly he took them off and climbed the large step from the entrance square to the mat.

Then, a young man entered, climbing down the stairs. Kihachi picked up glimpses of their conversation.

“Who do you say he was?”

“He didn’t ter me. He wais jes’ stending, lookin’ down, so I arsked him if he were comin’ in…”

The instant the two eyes met, something radiated inside both of them. The same thing that radiates under two wolfs’ eyes fighting for the control of the pack. Under other cirmcunstances, they might have become friends, but now, only an instant emnisty between two men of equal skill, testing each other with their eyes, warily, could describe the scene.

Then Monako talked first.

“Ah, who do I have the pleasure of meeting?”

“I am Kihachi. I know you are wondering who I may be. Five years back I made a promise to your father, to become his assistant for the rest of my life in exchange for a bag of gold, which I never used, except for my travels.”

Monako looked pitifully at Kihachi.

“A rather small price for a man’s service. What an unpleasant man my father was. Fortunatly he’s not…here…any longer. I’m afraid my promise to him became true.”

Kihachi’s eyes became warm, and then cold again as he bowed to this man infront of him.

“Then I beg of you to let me serve under you in stead of your father.”

“Sir, taik him. I kain’t think of losing this’n one.” whispered the servant.

The man stood in silence above Kihachi. Then with a cold steely voice he talked again.

“If you wish so. I will be meeting with a very famous lord in three days. It is of the most importance, my future pends on it. I want you making no mistakes, no blunders, mark my words, if you destroy my chance of success, I will chase you to the darkest corner of the world… Sugoro! Sugoro, where are you!”

“Over hair, boss.”
A man peeked out of the balcony.

“Lead this man to his new room, where Lady Jinzun used to live.”

Kihachi climbed the stairs, his barefoot feet sticing to the cool ground as he walked up. The man was turned around, his back facing Kihachi. He opened the door, and Kihachi never looked at his face. The man locked the door behind him as he left. Kihachi tried to force it but it was impossible. He sat down on a cold straw bed in the corner. Lady Jinzun….bah, most likely a prostitute. Slowly, his eyes began to droop in the evening light….

The next day, the same man opened the door and awakened him with a
bucket of water, or would have, if Kihachi hadn’t sensed it in his sleep and
moved out of the way. The water landed on his bed as the man looked,
astonished.

Then Kihachi saw his face.

An ugly scar ran down his eye until it reached his lower cheek.

“What?” asked the man as he saw Kihachi look at him.

A heat of savage, wild and uncontrolled images and feelings flowed into
Kihachi’s mind.

The old grandpa, lying dead in his mill.

His wife, swarmed with flies.

The noble samurai…that died, weapons sticking gruesomely out of their bodies.

Motoko….

Everyone….

This was the bandit, the leader of the bandits.

Kihachi’s hand rested on his sword as he played with the hilt, holding it in indecision.

“What?” said the bandit again.

Kihachi waited three days.

Monako hadn’t asked him to do anything. So instead, Kihachi had walked by the
river, trying to control his anger.

But then he could wait no longer.

It seemed he still had one last decision to make
….

Last edited by D-Lotus on Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
ethereal_fauna
Perpetually Distracted

Topics: 58

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what I read. Some of this chapter was almost poetic.
D-Lotus wrote:
Both men drew their swords, their blade singing against their sheath.
While you should say 'blades' and 'sheathes' to even the sentence out, this had to be one of my favorite phrases in the chapter. Quality images and quality writing.

I'll have to re-read before making further comments. Good job.

D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, I ACTUALLY WROTE WELL ENOUGH FOR SOMEONE TO RE-READ MY CHAPTER!
ethereal_fauna
Perpetually Distracted

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like it's time to avenge all the wrongs in Kihachi's life. He's feeling like a shell of himself right now, but I think there's a dragon inside him restless to get out.
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...ok. Well...I'm off to advertise since there's only one person...sigh, people have lost interest.
Mordok

Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reading it. Sheesh, I just got here.

I just have to go eat before I finish.
Mordok

Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say go back and beat the father down after making the scarface guy into two even halves.

Then start a pawn shop. Very Happy
Suneila

Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hard decision. i want him to serve justice, not revenge, but i think (according to his personality) he would want revenge. but he has had samurai training and, though i don't know much about it, i know that samurais were taught to value justice. maybe he can be content knowing that the guy has been reduced to hardly more than a slave, but maybe he feels he needs to kill the guy to feel fulfilled, or maybe he'll kill the guy, and realize that it didn't fulfill his need for revenge. Confused i don't know.

-sunny
Reiso
Respected Citizen

Topics: 17

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't lost interest. I never had it.

<rimshot>

Ok, seriously D, it's been up - what - a day? Two? Give people time man! Between my own two storygames, moderating, changing the name and numerous non-internet related jive I have on my plate - I been BUSY man, dig? Your chapters ain't so short either. Not to mention I still have to get back to the RP story.

But I have finally gotten around to it, and I agree with ethereal_fauna. It is time for vengeance! I am really enjoying the way you intercut the time lapses. It's a nice shift from working his way through the monotonous details. I think Kihachi is a very dynamic character that is caught between his honor and his need, which makes him a very tortured persona - and we love our tortured heroes. In many ways, he is his worst enemy because it is his own choices and ideals that keep him right on that line where it hurts the most.

The next chapter should be very interesting.

Sector 17 -- Rebuilding... ... ...

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
Who, squatting upon the ground,
Held his heart in his hands,
And ate of it.
I said, "Is it good, friend?"
"It is bitter--bitter," he answered;
"But I like it
Because it is bitter
And because it is my heart."  -- Stephen Crane

Last edited by Reiso on Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha! I knew it would work. I had that signature thing to reel you in, Reiso...

Quote:
I haven't loss interest. I never had it.

Now you do...you just read it! Very Happy

Quote:
Ok, seriously D, it's been up - what - a day? Two? Give people time man!

blah blah blah....who cares?

We all know I really knew that people hadn't lost interest, I was just making everybody feel sorry for me!

Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel sorry for your parents. Very Happy

M-Lotus
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel sorry for your wife....
Reiso
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ha ha! I knew it would work. I had that signature thing to reel you in, Reiso...

Oh . . . um, sorry D, but I didn't even notice that. I was just responding to you saying you had to advertise. I mostly ignore sigs.

In the desert
And ate of it.
"But I like it
Because it is bitter
MajkJew

Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: sup Reply with quote

i thought the story was verry imaginative and i think it was verry well writen. You did a nice job. Well talk to ya later. mcl
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impatience is one your flaws, D. Despite that one flaw, I think your story is well-written. And like Ethereal said, in some places you have some very poetic lines.

Kihachi, I think, has a lot of pent up anger and has dealt with rejection and loss so many times that I think it has built up to the point it wants to come out. So I say take revenge, kill the leader, so he can feel teh pain and sorrow the village went through when it was attacked. 8)

Samadhi Traveler 2005 Nano Wrimo winner (53,019 words)

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
-Confucius
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Impatience is one your flaws, D

Aren't most geniuses impatient?

Quote:
I thought the story was verry imaginative and i think it was verry well writen. You did a nice job. Well talk to ya later.

Thanks

Quote:
Oh . . . um, sorry D, but I didn't even notice that. I was just responding to you saying you had to advertise. I mostly ignore sigs.

Suuuuuuuuure

Anyway, I think you guys are the impatient ones...Monako ain't gonna like it when he's eating lunch with his future employer and this man comes sceaming down the hall

"Murder!"

Get my point?
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your point, but it still would make the plot interesting. 8)

-Confucius
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's up to you guys..... just warning you of the consequences....

I'll wait for some more ideas, etc, and then post the poll....

All in all, I think this story is proggressing nicely, don't you think?
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it is or we wouldn't be reading your chapters. 8)

-Confucius
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, what parts do you guys think I should improve in?
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes you have sentences that are quite awkward, even though people understand the gist of it.

Like this one:

Quote:
Kihachi’s hand rested on his sword as he played with the hilt, held in indecision.

Like in this sentence, who is held in indecision? From your sentence it sounds like his hand. And of course that doesn't sound right. So you may want to work on restructuring sentences so they sound straight to the point and apply to the right subject.

-Confucius
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol....akward... you're right, sometimes I try to make cool sentences and they don't sound right, but they're easy to fix with a word or two....but then they don't sound poetical...I always try to make everything sound fluid, like a river running gently down the mountain...
A river...

A quick urge of taking his shirt off in front of sax came over him......

Quote:
Kihachi’s hand rested on his sword as he played with the hilt, held in indecision

Well, I can fix this one easily:

Kihachi’s hand rested on his sword as he played with the hilt, holding it in indecision.
Reiso
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Lotus wrote:
Quote:
Suuuuuuuuure

What a riveting, well planned and flawlessly executed argument this is. There is simply no disputing this proof of my true motivations. Can't get anything past you, D. I am caught!

Exposed!

Humiliated!

Found Out!

My horrible horrible secret has been unearthed, and there is no going back!

Oh - wait a minute. That's what I'm suppose to say if you're right.

Gosh, I feel silly. What you do or don't believe is irrelevant in the face of truth, D. Think what you want to. I'm sure that's easy.

In the meatime, looking up curse words in the dictionary seems a better use of my time, so off I go.

Very Happy

In the desert
And ate of it.
"But I like it
Because it is bitter
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Lotus wrote:
lol....akward... you're right, sometimes I try to make cool sentences and they don't sound right, but they're easy to fix with a word or two....but then they don't sound poetical...I always try to make everything sound fluid, like a river running gently down the mountain...
A river...

A quick urge of taking his shirt off in front of sax came over him......

Quote:
Kihachi’s hand rested on his sword as he played with the hilt, held in indecision

Well, I can fix this one easily:

Well other than trying to prove me wrong here. Your nice fluid poetry is ruined by the distractive awakwardness. 8)

-Confucius
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What a riveting, well planned and flawlessly executed argument this is. There is simply no disputing this proof of my true motivations. Can't get anything past you, D. I am caught!

Exposed!

Humiliated!

Found Out!

My horrible horrible secret has been unearthed, and there is no going back!

Oh - wait a minute. That's what I'm suppose to say if you're right.

Gosh, I feel silly. What you do or don't believe is irrelevant in the face of truth, D. Think what you want to. I'm sure that's easy.

In the meatime, looking up curse words in the dictionary seems a better use of my time, so off I go.

You may think it's funny, but it is flawless...it's your word against mine, we'll never known if the signature brought you here!

Besides, the short answer was due to my lack of interest in you. Very Happy
Reiso
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
we'll never known if the signature brought you here!

We? You may never know (which is fine by me), but obviously I do.

Quote:
Besides, the short answer was due to my lack of interest in you.

Of course it is, D - your sig so clearly reflected that before you changed it.

In the desert
And ate of it.
"But I like it
Because it is bitter

Last edited by Reiso on Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:42 pm; edited 5 times in total
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My signature?

Are you sure?

Read it again....I think you need glaSSES....
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really like to badger people don't you? 8)

-Confucius
Muaddib
Comrade

Topics: 30

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont worry D, i read ur story a lnog time ago, i just chose not to comment. like ethereal said, it gets very poetic, but then it returns to a normal prose style. i think yuo shud keep the poetic rhythm goin, it makes it a lot cooler, just like some great tragic movie at its ending.
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course we read the story, or else D would come after us with who knows what. 8)

-Confucius
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious Daniel:

Yes, I always try to experimaent and try to understand how the reader would feel when reading my stories, and I try to make it poetic, but when I'm tired or want to get on with the point, I reverse back to straightforwardness.

Not serious Daniel:

Hehehe...this is working...next victim....:

RANDOM!
ethereal_fauna
Perpetually Distracted

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kinda liking Mordok's pawn shop suggestion, the more I think about it.....

Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, 8 people read it.....and I'm waiting for Random....I
ll give him one last call. Tommorrow I'll post the poll.

- D-Lotus
Random

Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice chapter D! It always make me smile to see people improve their writing so much. You get better and better with every chapter.

I would suggest that Kihachi come to terms with what has happened. The old bandit leader is no longer a threat to anyone, although Kihachi could definitely confront the man. I can see Kihachi become a right hand man type of person for his new boss. Cleaning up the degenerates is one to do that.
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would suggest that Kihachi come to terms with what has happened

You mean talk to Monako so that he'll give you permission to kill him?
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Lotus wrote:
Quote:
I would suggest that Kihachi come to terms with what has happened

You mean talk to Monako so that he'll give you permission to kill him?

To me, Random is suggesting that Kihachi should understand that the whole bandit thing is over. And that he should allow the bandit leader to suffer from his present position.

-Confucius
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we need Random to confirm it before I put up the poll.
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was just an inference, but like you said it was Random's suggestion.

-Confucius
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'll put both optons on, then.

This chapter is closed.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> InterFable Stories - Bushido - COMPLETE All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: