Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
IQ issue 19! Wax about Town! ( May 2008 )

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Info Street - FAQs and Guides to the City -> IFquirer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

NeverNeverGirl
Honored Citizen

Topics: 68

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: IQ issue 19! Wax about Town! ( May 2008 ) Reply with quote

Issue 19 May 29th 2008. Price: 0 Fables.

IQ Shake Up!

In a move that startled the masses the long time Editor of the IQ our own miserly orange guy Chinaren has handed over the reigns to IF's sweetheart Ms NeverNeverGirl...

Chinaren had this to say (as he stuffed his pockets full of stationary and office supplies)

' I'm working on other projects to expand the Chinaren empire!'

..before swatting at our journalist with a rather large pile of fatbacks.

He was last seen leaving the offices of the IQ carrying an expensive looking computer monitor..

Will this change in editorialness see the demise of IFs premier news rag?

We at IQ think NOT!

The Mayor himself gives her his full endorsement..

'I think it's a bold move, but I think the new editor has the wit and humor of the last, so it will be a great transition with just as much, if not more humor and wit! I think also that it will be great for IQ and If alike!'

Only time will tell...

A new Mayor in Town!

The polls are closed and the votes are in! The King has offically sworn him in... Sir Wax has stormed the polls to take office in a fortnight of unforgetable election campaigning!

The first stage of voting saw an unprecedented turnout of Ifian voters... Ms Lilith of Fantasy Forest stormed into the lead with the support of Ifians old and new alike!

In what many credited as a surprise.. she drew ahead to an unsurpassable victory in the opening stage.. only to see a swell of Lordy support bring her under the 50% mark.. pushing it through to second stage voting...

In a bold strategy few claim to understand, Ms Lilith asked her voters to back the brave Sir Wax.. tying him in second place with Lordy and making the next round of voting a three way gamble.

It was during this next phase that the tides changed.. Lordy endorsed Sir Wax as best candidate for Mayor and no one will ever know if Lilith's revealation prompted her voters to turn to Wax - yet turn they did seeing him slam home to a shower of applause to become the new Mayor of IF.

Waxing the World - an interview with Sir Wax - Mayor of IF
By NeverNeverGirl

Our intrepid reporter NeverNeverGirl arrived at the Mayoral residence just in time to view some major changes being undertaken. No longer where the chipmunks in evidence but the staff was exclusively Elven.. prompting our reporter to contemplate on the possible ‘speciest-ness’of the new Mayor.

Mounting the stairs NeverNeverGirl rang the doorbell of the Mayoral Mansion:

Ne: Its Ne from the IQ - could i trouble the Mayor for an interview please?

Elven servant: "welcome, we've been expecting you"

Ne enters and takes in the changes, gone from the hall are the scantily clad man servants in green lycra body suits, replaced with the ethereal beauty of elve’s. Prints from several large Ifian stage shows (including ‘Best little pie shop in IF’, ‘Rocky Horror SG show’ and ‘If side Story’) adorn the walls...

Ne: Is the Mayor available?

Elven Servant: Please take a seat, His Lordship is busy in a city planning meeting, he'll be with you shortly..

The catchy music of Girl of Ipanema plays in the background as Ne is ushered into a waiting room, the classic decor of the Mansion suddenly brings to mind film noir.

Ne laughs and sits down to wait patiently. A considerable amount of time passes with still no sign of the Mayor. Ne puts ipod on and pops headphones in ears, sings loudly and badly to the tunes..

Elven Servant: The Mayor is ready to take your Questions.

Hearing a noise behind her Ne turns her head just in time to witness Sir Wax sliding down the banister on his skates and lands artfully before gliding across to sit next to Ne.

Sir Wax: hello

Ne: hey there Mr Mayor

Sir Wax: hello Mistress Ne.... how may i... help... you?

Ne:I'm here to do an interview for the IQ's next edition and was hoping you could spare some time for an interview *hopeful smiles*

Sir Wax: for You, i can make time... shoot..

Ne: SO the Mayoral Race was a crazy one this year.. heaps of candidates, tough questions and a close vote... Why do you think that You won

Sir Wax: that's a good question Miss Ne *gathers thoughts for a second*

Ne: i am rather good at asking the tough ones...

After a long period of interuptions with several servants running in an out of the room, Ne clears her throat.

Sir Wax: *chuckles*

Ne: *tucks her hair behind her ear and employs best serious journalist face* um Mr Mayor.. you do realise we are in an interview right?

Sir Wax: sorry, people keep whispering in my ear

Ne tuts at unprofessionalness of Mayor and waits ever so patiently.. longer period of time passes until finally..

Sir Wax: i believe that i had the best vision for the progression for the City - i still do

Ne: what is your vision? for those that didnt pick it up during the election
Sir Wax:
i want to make this City flourish with the capabilities that is possible in a land that is called "If" and that is anything. If is a community first and foremost. what we need to do is build on this community

Ne: yes so anything is possible in IF.. but what is Your plan to help her reach this potential...

sir wax reaches forward and places a finger on Ne’s lips

Sir Wax: shhh, let me finish

I want to make this community a center for multimedia, where we can share, collaborate, and make new projects together. Every true Ifian knows that is what we do.. Role-playing is why we are here
I want to bring more role-playing fanatics, but also want to bring in more from different crowds, different backgrounds, different walks-of-life. This variety is what makes a community. Storygaming is what we pride ourselves in, it's a thing that is most definitely ours. However, the 'idea' of it is hard to grasp as interesting to most newcommers, what we need to show is that SG's are not all we have to bring to the table. We are basically a neighborhood, and that is why people will stay. I want to add more 'enticement' to coming on to If... come for the coolness, stay for that and the community

For example: one of the things i want to do specifically... is make it possible for one to embed videos into posts. I have found a way to do it, and i am working in ways to make it happen. My hope for this small enhancement, will be for players and authors to use and integrate it into their SG's. Making 'trailers' for their up coming or using it for a sort of "title" sequence for their game.

Ne: i must pick up on that line 'Role playing is why we are here' ... do you believe that value of IF as a site is its roleplaying capacity or indeed the true intention of the site which is StoryGaming (in itself a RPG) and may be seen as a site for Writers.. It has been suggested in council that we take her in the direction she seems to have naturally evolved into - being a writer/reader site not RPG

sir wax takes a swig of beer, Ne notes to herself that the gesture is one of a knight who is very casual and relaxed, at ease with his new position.

Sir Wax:
Even though this is a 'reader/writer' site. Role playing is an everyday thing, here on If.

*takes another swig of beer and places it neatly on an elvin servants head*

You have to to believe that, because it's true. I think the direction of If needs to be focused on... where the people are now and where people are going. We are on the go; making it feasible to make a storygame chapter to be a downloadable podcast that you can listen to OR read. Making it easier to participate in and thereby at times making it more fun to be a part of, instead of a 'worry' to be a part of. I could be wrong, but it is worth a shot.

Sir Wax's phone rings and he stands to take the call, moving away across the room as he chats.. Ne sits waiting for his return for a long period of time.

Ne:
Why have you never written an SG? Isn’t it crucial as Mayor that you have an understanding of what it is like to be involved in this process?

Sir Wax:
I have never written SG that has been played, i'm still developing a trilogy and one comedy. I don't tend to commit to something unless i can follow through with it, which also has to do with i wouldn't want to release something before it's ready as well. I have written in a StoryChat, which is the same process as SG. What i have done more than anything, is participate in other peoples SG's, helping them with their stories and also participate in the community. As i said, this City isn't always about SG, and SG alone. When we start to believe that If will surely progress no more, and will be constricted to limitations that we held her to, i've only been here two months so i can't attest to knowing all about the City, but i have learned quickly and i do peruse the vaults and the history of InterFable. Which i believe gives a knight like me perspective.

Ne:IF - how did you find it and why did it draw you in?

Sir Wax:
My friend and i are developing a board game, a role-playing board game. I was looking up different sites to help us self-publish this board game when i stumbled into If. Looked around, saw some stuff, then left. As i wandered about for other stuff, and getting what i was looking for. I remembered this City and came back to see what it was about. I came, i saw, i stayed. The rest is history in the making.

Sir Wax's rabbit bodyguard hops up to his feet – anticipating an end to the interview coming Ne hurriedly asks another question.

Ne: What is your fav SG at the moment?

Sir Wax:
My rabbit informs me i only have time for a few more questions... oof, that's a tough one

Sir Wax rests his head in his hand as his face settles into the repose of one thinking
Ne:
yes i thought perhaps he might... *frown crosses face*

Sir Wax:
let me ask you that and then i'll answer, what's yours?

Ne:
Until it ended just recently The Dark was my favourite. At this point i am yet to become ensnared in another..

Sir Wax:
yes. i can't wait to read and give The Dark an indepth review. Right now, my favorite is your Enigma believe it or not. It's well written and i hope i see more of it

Ne:
*blushes* thank you Mr Mayor... i hope it finds longevity and readership..
*collects herself*
What is your Fav IF moment and also What's the first thing you do when you log into IF ?
*looks away from the very flattering and distracting Wax, pulling herself together, waits an obscene amount of time for an answer.*

Hello? *puts hand on Mr Mayors arm* Are you with me?

Sir Wax: my bunny was informing me of something that happened in the Inn while i wasn't there

Ne:*: my question?

Sir Wax:
My favorite If moment? geez, there are a lot of those.
hmmm, man, that's a tough one

well, my favorite one i cannot speak of here, but my second would have to be the day we were constantly setting MasterWeaver on fire after he asked Mephisto if he could borrow 40 fables

Ne: *tilts her head* strictly off the record... do tell..

Sir Wax: off the record... i think you would know

Ne:*Coughs*

Sir Wax:
The first thing i do when i log onto If is check the new posts and my PM's, see who seems to be on and i head to then i head to the bar
These days it's a little different, when i log on i usually have many things i focus on while still visiting the Inn

Ne: *smiles* the life of the busy mayor

Sir Wax:
yes. i'm making things organized before i take If to the next step its time consuming, but i feel is worth it

Ne:
i would agree with you... now some word association
... Inn...

*waits and waits and waits*

its called quick questions cause they are suppoused to be quick.. i know my beauty is distracting but hello..

Sir Wax: Cheers
Ne: *lol* Book
Sir Wax: awesome
Ne: : Film
Sir Wax: me
Ne: Soul
Sir Wax: love
Ne: Vinegar
Sir Wax: hot sauce
Ne: Whip
Sir Wax: chain
Ne: Sanity
Sir Wax: in
Ne: *laughs* Dream
Sir Wax: you... er i mean.. fun *clears throat*

It is at this point that the interview was again interuppted by the bunny and Ms NeNe departed having given up on getting to the bottom of the engima of Sir Wax...

Advertising!
Do you wish to advertise your SGame in IQ? Please submit your inquiries to the editor

IQ needs you!
So you think you can write? If so, please contact the editor for submission rules.

Articles and in-depth reviews of any Sgames welcomed!

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> IFquirer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: