Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
A myriad of Mentionables

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

NeverNeverGirl
Honored Citizen

Topics: 68

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: A myriad of Mentionables Reply with quote

This is the thread for all those bits of stuff that dont quite fit anywhere on IF. You will know what I mean if you have them - if you are unsure then PM me!

Loves
Ne

Last edited by NeverNeverGirl on Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crossfire
Citizen

Topics: 5
Location: Somewhere between here and not-here, now and not-now... in the half-light, the borderlands, between.

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote this a long, long time ago, in a language wholly dead. I tried the best I could to translate it into English, but it'll never feel the same.

There are some concepts that are wholly unique, no matter where you go to find them.

R e s o n a t e | A w a k e

I'd rather be here, walking in the coldest winter
To see the red against the snow flow softly with the wind

To know that far away
Cherry blossoms soar before full bloom
Nightingales fall in raptured sleep

Beneath the ground uncounted souls listen quietly for my footsteps
The echoes that I radiate

Resonate, awake
Watch them start to take

You, so gently, for the frost
Watch them try to smile

All alone the mountains sing
Watch them fade away

As I run the long-lost trail
Steal away to face the change that was so hard to make

All that's made of more than clouds, not forged from quiet lies
Watch the growth to a single thread that pierces unsearched skies

See it fade, thinner, higher, let it slowly break
Taste the calling wind today, look around, and wake.

Silent eyes decide the wise and unwise - for one that lies. Let it arise.
Crossfire
Citizen

Location: Somewhere between here and not-here, now and not-now... in the half-light, the borderlands, between.

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A plot synopsis of a twenty-thousand word story I wrote a long time ago in another forum. A lot of people liked it, but when I came back after a long hiatus I lost it! Oh well...

I found this summary somewhere in the back of one of my terminals. If anyone actually bothers to read this topic, I would appreciate a PM to the effect of "You should make this again/you should burn this and jump up and down on it repeatedly/I really don't care".

A young girl, frightened that she may be a thief, tells stories of a dark and faintly paranormal nature.

It's raining very heavily. There's a storm just about to hit, and her father needs to collect the dividends from his stock sales urgently.

Back at their houseship, the Irellai, he is telling a crewman about his automated rudder system, recently purchased at no small cost. He bewails the fact that his family forced him to spend so many years training in its use.

However, he is informed that they are highly reliable in this kind of weather and that it was an excellent investment. It was a lucrative invention of his family company, Aestrien Holdings, and the crewman compliments him on its creation.

Within his first dozen flights outside the family estate, he's grounded by the appearance of skyfire, a deadly meteorological phenomenon that ripped through his starboard reapthrusters.

Sending his daughter out into the driving rain to get the funds needed for repairs from Brudcliffe Bankings, a low-profit investment fund on the shadier side of town, may seem like a cruel and unnecessary thing to do, but she was determined to prove to her father that she could do things on her own.

He had recently attempted to demonstrate her utter dependence on him in a variety of unpleasantly unusual ways. In any case, he didn't really care what happened to her these days.

Setting out to find this hard-to-find place, she encounters Noslur Flooddale, her uncle and a rather seedy man who trades at the same investment bank. He attempts to entice the young girl into trading in high-risk, short-term ventures with him.

She tells him the reason for her journey, and just incidentally he asks just how much profit she was collecting from her father's recent sales. She responds by saying that it was approximately ↕500 Kaerekana (it's actually 1175, but she's a little suspicious).

He encourages her to bet it all on a single, very high-risk venture, a caravan of souls going out this very moment and returning in precisely twelve point six nine five four eight seconds, or 4.5356444444... times the difference between the average weight of an adhesive sponge and the total circumference of Luna Deius and the common ball of twine in Reniniuan Dinnernets.

She is supremely successful, but he refuses to give her the profits! He hands her ↕500 back, and naught else.

Long-suppressed kleptomanic impulses come to the fore, irresistable temptations overriding her psychologically implanted inhibitions and making her hand reach into his wallet.

She knew he had no intention of repaying a small girl and is only giving her back the money she was supposed to collect in case her homicidal father comes after him.

"YOU INFANTILE THIEF!!!" he screeches maniacally, slapping her roughly across her pretty cheek.

She falls to the FarmaCrete sidewalk, lowering her head and muttering.

"I am not a thief, they checked after the time before, ran experiments on me, I am a butterfly! My back is straight, I STAND TALL AND PROUD!!!" she whispered passionately, intensely, to herself.

Mistaking her quiet words for sobbing, he said "Well, little girl..." leering, "If you really need the extra money I'm sure we can..." pausing with subtle menace and winking slyly, "...make some arrangement..."

He reached for the thin, soaked, diaphanous garment she was currently draped in, tearing it clumsily to expose her heartchilled body to the wind.

She stared horrified as he collapsed, a thin trickle of blood flowing down his left temple. Her hand had, purely of its own voilition, crept into the man's pocket, retrieved the stolen statue (recently purchased) he'd just recovered from her father's safe deposit box at Brudcliffe Holdings.

She had hit him over the head with it so hard that one half had had crumbled into finest dust on impact and a shard had ripped straight through his skull into Noslur Flooddale's brain.

She ran away, into the driving rain, one hand holding her shirt together and the other holding quite a large amount of money and a broken, beautiful statue that once belonged to her.

It was her first kill.

Crossfire
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Monologue.

Love. Hate. Fear. Hope.

Darkness- lit by light but brief, sacrifice- for little gain, destruction... of the perfect, the supremely beautiful.

Such is the harshness of my waking real, soon to be replaced by unending grey.

My purgatory lies between the rapture of my memories and the torment of my life as Persephone forever darkened.

It's such a wonderful place. A place for thought. A place for repose.

A place free, of any stimuli, a place where I could close my eyes forever... if I didn't see your face every time I tried to.

That's where I'll go, but my world today isn't much different.

I look around. The skies are bleak. Jagged peaks, rending the blasted earth, are burning knives scything through the heavens.

The grass is so very green, and the clouds dance in the bright air when I escape to the world of my memories. Shadows haunt me. I see them, just out of the corner of my eye. Like pieces cut out of reality.

Awful, inchoate. Anathema to look around, but every one's a rotten tooth in the screaming mouth of life. I dare not speak, but only run.

Obsidian shards litter the ground, and cut my feet. I ignore them. I'm no longer concerned about such things.

They're red already. They say the blood of the Iaorae villagers made a river when the nanites struck. They don't like blood, for some reason. Must be all the iron. Nanites don't like iron, but it doesn't matter anymore.

There's nothing to protect.

I made my home here, in the Raek|Irain Mountains, after you died. Iron in the soil, understand. Just for luck, you know. The only food here is... me.

I taste something. Something strange. Suddenly, it hits me, and I have to turn to the side of the road and vomit. A fluid, dark, thick and crimson, flows out, tinged with yellow. I don't know what it is, exactly, but I always knew in testing that the tiny bits of harmless radiation might prove to be a problem a little further down the track.

It didn't matter, I figured. There'd be another time or two to test them.

I guess this was it.

They flow towards you, so quick, like dark, fluid electricity, the current through a maelstrom. They're flawless, entrancing. You stand hypnotised, listening to their joyous mesmerade, the melodic hum they make as they burn a trail towards you.

When they hit, you're worse than dead.

You feel them inside you.

Second by second, you become less and less, and moment by moment, they become more as they feed off your living flesh.

They move like moonlight through the lithosphere, Mercury the messenger, bubbles in the air. Maybe a little like Charon, too. Ferrying stories from one side to the other, behind the perfect veil's gateway. In so many ways I see it's true. There's a little piece of you inside of each and every one now.

In a way, I'm feeding you.

But we all contain pieces of people long dead, they say. Atoms don't discriminate, I suppose that's just a human thing. I see them, reflecting the dying sunlight in the distance, forever searching for their food. That's the way I will go, as I walk along the beaten path with a hunk of ghostly iron in my frozen, storm-grey hands.

THAT'S THE WAY I WILL GO, THAT'S THE WAY I WILL GO, THAT'S... the... way... I... will...

Soaring, into the night. I'm leaving the safe zone now, the hyperpressurised canister's in my hand. I spent twenty years developing it. The mountains around me are a little less red now. I can see the scars I rent with steel claws, relentlessly searching for my blood-tinged treasures.

There aren't many people left, but the Princes keep records intact. Think it's funny, I guess. They'll use it to rebuild after I'm gone.

I alone am responsible for the annihilation of my race, through the forging of a transcendent weapon in the fires of hell.

The Princes. Genetically modified soldiers, armed with implants, no thinner than a hair. A few seconds, a brief link-up with their little friends and they could use an entire city and its inhabitants as fuel for the construction of massive fortifications armed with unimaginable power.

I created them. With my loving wife by my side- you, Juliette- I designed a team of engineers for the terraforming of alien planetscapes, supremely able and ideally suited for the job. What an idiot I was. The felons consigned to death row I used for my experiments proved Valinshov's theories.

Memory isn't just stored in the brain.

Their brains were blank slates, but it wasn't enough. I brought the first out of stasis myself.

I brought THE FIRST OUT OF STASIS MYSELF...

You were the first to go, my love. *chokes*

Oh, gods... I hope I can get to the transmit point before... *vomits*

It's so very cold now. The frost begins to break me. The radiation crashes into every cell, like a squad of drunken Princes looking for something quick to eat.

Still, there are worse ways to die.

I could have decided not to keep this little iron knife you gave me, the final gift from my soul's redemption.

Just for luck.

Crossfire
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How cool the fires, love, sustaining your young fading life
How fast the rivers, love, flowing down your red-streaked breast
In the dark the red moon rides
The foxfire of your waiting breath

As the flames of dying blood all fade from red to black
Your smile gleams in spreading pools
The embers stir, yet slowly grey
The ash of so few years reclaimed.

How cold the burning flood
Bright flames once soared
Now quenched, unyearning.

Last edited by Crossfire on Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Black Hawk
Citizen

Topics: 6

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I'm best at writing Sgames and linear stories so I don't have much to offer but I can appluad Crossfire for his wonderful writing

-Will Rodgers

Michael Crichton one of the greatest writers of his time 1942-2008 rest in peace
NeverNeverGirl
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot! Much glad that i added this thread x!

I like your style my ethereal wafty misty grey smokey like substance friend!

GO YOU!
Razz

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something for a friend of mine...

If I could give you anything as you graduate from high school, I would give you a candle that burn as BRIGHTLY as the light within you, the light you are… I would tell you to keep it burning, NO MATTER WHAT. I would say don’t let the well-intentioned extinguish it. Don’t let the mean spirited blow it out. Don’t let your light flicker and FADE because of everyday challenges and CONCERNS. The world is large, and no one can illuminate it alone, but it is AMAZING how a single candle, BURNING BRIGHTLY. Can light so many others. The world is your candle. Hold it high. Enjoy each day coming and going.
NeverNeverGirl
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee Crady that was beautiful. Such a sweet sentiment towards your friend - I hope that you showed him/her what you had written Very Happy

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure I did give her it. Very Happy
Crossfire
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Storms, and screams, and waking light.

We hear the fire roaring along the ridges, and we smile, with brief fatality, as we man the guns. We're trying to drive the Dead away, but they just keep on laughing, and crying, and stumbling on.

The hail of ice from the barrels of our guns continues. Some of them fall to the mud, still twitching, stumbling, crawling up the hill. We stare at them, and we smile, with mocking sorrow, knowing that they'll never make it.

We carry on.

Vicious mercenaries hold the front lines, and we watch them from the barricades. Silver daggers, wickedly curved, gleam with blood and rain and ash, driven by the gales, from Nibelheim in flames. We see the forests burn, and we smile, with brief fatality, as we kill those once our own.

We are not afraid. The Perimeter lives on.

We let loose a thousand wild screams, as they struggle bravely on. We launch the flares, and watch them flinch, laughing as they weep.

The Perimeter always lives on.

We love this war.

Crossfire
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We tremble at its passing, though we smile in its wake.

We see it in the distance, and yet watch for its signs.

We build around its chaos, as we seek beauty with its essence.

What is it, this genesis? What have we now discovered?

Shall we fear it? Shall we love it, with every fibre of our souls?

Do we, at last, find a note of twilight...

...or of dawn?

We cannot see beyond the skies, though ten thousand times we've tried.

Crossfire
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Music of the Damned.

"What ho! What lash!
What crimson clash
Did crash upon these shores of war!

What steel, what sword
For bloody hoard
On tides of fate, to thieve this ward
Di'n't whisper here, with death its lord...
...all left shipwrecks these days to board.

In swift-dark times, flash flows to ford.
The scarlet seas seem shadow-scored.
The currents deep, the reefs... blood-cored.

Cool carmine, yet crimson-ored...
...in all dead hearts, to strike a chord.

A futile beat of wings long soared...

The music...

...of the damned..."

Items

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Equipment
Moddeling clay toolkit (also known as a pottery clay toolkit)
Plaster of paris (those white power that can harden)
Dala moddeling clay (also known as teddy moddeling clay)
2 X plaster bandage (the rolls of plaster)
Big bowl (big enough for a face)
Small bowl
News papers (quite alot)
Wood glue (three small bottles)
A tap that can go hot or cold.
Shoe box (not large, but a normal shoe box)
Scissors
Cling wrap or plastic bag
3 black bags (dustin bags)
facewash
masking tape (the one that can easily come off)
Vaseline
Sand paper (the fine one)
Paint

Things you need:

Drawing of your mask, (front view and side view.)
You need a model (don't have to be a real model, but a human) for the process of making a mask.
And a helper for you when your hands are dirty.
Constent reassuring your model about the face cast.
Model should have Hair pulled back, and not in fancy hairstyle.

FAQ:

Q: I don’t know anyone who’ll let me close to their face with sand paper and scissors...

A: You don't come close to their face with the scissors and sand paper. It is the bandage that is all that comes close to their face and the face wash is for cleaning their faces and vaseline is so that they don't get hurt, plus you have to ask someone who hasn't sensitive skin. You talk them through it. But you have to work gently when you start face casting.

First off you use the dustbin bags put one around the bottom half of the persons body and put the other half over the upper part of the body, there has to be a hole cut for the head to go through. You use the masking tape to tape it over the clothes to stop water from dripping into the clothes. You take the cling wrap and wrap it around the person's head and you make sure it is flat against the head. You then secure it with masking tape or you can leave it like that. You then take the big bowl and tap in luke warm water. You cut the plaster bandages into different size shape like large squares, enlongated squares, small strips, Bigger strips, cut the plaster bandage in half and cut it so that it goes as long from you finger tips to your palm. You have to have different sized squares.
Once you have cut the plaster bandage you reassure your model that everything will be ok. You take vaseline and smeer it on their eyebrows and eyelashes, make sure it’s not vix or their eyes will burn. Take the bowl with LUKE WARM water, take the longest piece of plaster bandage and create a halo from the crown to the chin, by dipping the bandage in the water and starting from the top of the head, imagine a straight line going down the sides of the face. Make sure you make it high enough and strong enough by adding layers to it. Make sure you work fast with the plaster bandages. Take a middel sized piece and stick it on the forehead, make sure when you cover the face with the plaster bandage that you make sure you leave nose holes so the model can breath, ask the model if they are ok, if they start struggling you have to pull the mask off, it rarely happens that the model isn’t use to being covered in plaster. If everything goes well you have to pull the mask off, while saying tot he model to sake her/his head a little, pull it off from the top and say fort he model to move everything he/she can. So when you are finished with that. You have to help your model out of the plastic and help him/her wash their face.
You have to put the face-cast in a shoebox filled with news paper after you have held it up to the light and secured it with adding more plaster to the face cast, then you have to close the nose holes with plaster bandage with three layers. Leave the face-cast for a day.

After the face cast is done. You take it and use the Vaseline, you smeer the inside of the face cast with the Vaseline, putting Vaseline where holes are, making sure it is smooth at the inside. After face cast is smoothed out. You have to mix luke warm water with the Gypsona. Make sure it is in a thick form and mix it with your hands, make sure all clots are gone, pour the gypsona mix into the facecast, face cast has to be put correctly in box. Make sure the gypsona is straight so that the face don’t come out skew. Tap the Face cast and make sure you pop the bubbles in the face… Let the face cast dry for a day. After a day has passed pull the face out of the face cast by breaking the face cast’s sides and gently pulling the face out. Please throw away the facecast when finished, you can use it again, but better to make a new one. When the face is finished take the fine sand paper and sand away the holes in the face, making it smooth and usable to make a mask. You can work in groups in order to do a face cast. Use Teddy clay (or(use to be) dala plasticized clay) to start sculpting your mask. Make sure after you have formed the mask that you smooth it out with the modeling clay tools. If you can’t see any problems look from the side of the face to see any bumps and feel with your fingers to make sure there are no problems, make sure the face is straight, if the face is skew please put clay at the bottom of the side that is lower than the other side. Look at the nose to make sure the face-mask is correct. After face is completed, take water and mix it with glue, make sure you tear the edges of the newspaper and then tear little squares. Start dipping the little square in the glue and water and start pasting it onto the clay. Make 12 layers of newspaper, don’t be lazy. After each layer you have to blow dry it, you can also use a phone books yellow pages to make sure where you are currently at, Yellow, white, yellow, white etc.
After the mask is made, leave it on for a day on the clay. Pull off the mask, (take out the clay with moddeling toolkits) and if the mask is still to soft add a few more layers. After that… You can texturize it with glue and tissues or if it is strong you can take CRACK FILLER (tub form not powder) and start adding it to the outside and inside of the mask, after it has been added, make sure you smooth it out with fine sand paper. Add crack filler to the inside of the mask as well to make it extra strong. After that you can start painting with dala paint. Mix the colors with primary colors.

TADAAA!!! A make up artist's mind when working, when learning new things... Very Happy

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The slaughterhouse:

Meat hangs from off hooks and ropes. Salt bags lies in the corner of the refrigerator. Within the cold fridge was someone chained to a hook her back to 5 pounds of meat. The meat hanging on the same hook didn’t look ordinary; the spine was twisted and malformed. The face of the creature was that of a komodo dragon’s, only with the flesh missing from it’s face and body. She hated the stench coming from off the meat. Her arms were paining and her clothes reeked of blood. She heard voices coming from outside the refrigerator. Her voice was hoarse as she shouted, “I-I’m here. Help me.” She was afraid the daemons would come back. The door opened and in came walking a man with a huge wingspan. The wings looked tattered and torn. He had black horns curling downward. Wherever he walked were fiery footprints. His eyes burned with hell's fire. "Hope you find it comfy. Quesfilla…" Quesfilla spat his way,"You jerk." The devil simply smirked and he exited the place. Moments later a woman entered wearing a kimino with a red ribbon around her waist. She had white-white hair. The woman ran over to Quesfilla and unhooked her from the chain. "Who are you? What are you doing in here?" Quesfilla cried, "You should get out of here…" The woman replied, "My name is shizuko sakura and I'm here to help you" Quesfilla replied, "You can call me Ques and thank you" Shizuko and Quesfilla exited the place. "Oh… It was getting cold in there. I'm so use to heat." Shizuko replied, "No time to talk. There are daemon gaurds about this place. Ques asked, "Now, what are you doing here and how old are you?" Running around a corner Shizuko replied, "I'm twelve and I'm here because I heard you were going to be killed" Ques was shocked. "You mean the devil wants to kill me" Wham! Someone hit Shizuko's head and Quesfilla screamed. Shizuko drifted off to a dream where she, her brother that was 18 years old and her six year old sister was fighting over a golden rock. As Shizuko awoke from her dream she saw a dead Quesfilla on the floor and Ecomillon her son standing over her, his wings fanning the air about him. Shizuko screamed, “murderer!” she was about to cry at the way the blood spilled out of Quesfilla. Ecomillon stood back and with a quivver in his voice said, “I –I didn’t do it. My father did” Shizuko stood up and was silenced by a tall boy behind her with Ginger, long hair and wearing black clothing. It was Gabriel OnyxRose the actor around the place. Gabriel appeared happy, but his tone of voice was serious for such a young child of fourteen. He was around the underworld more times than he could count, but he was mostly around the upper world. “I saw it all. You had red eyes and attacked your mother.” Ecomillon screamed, “I did not. I was possessed by my father” “Great way to cover it up, well see.” Gabriel and Shizuko saw impish creatures running their way. The imps started hoarding over Ecomillon and pushed him down to the ground. Just then Ecomillon’s father appeared down the red cave. He looked at his son pinned to the ground and said, “You’ll lose your wings for this” Ecomillon screamed, “No!” His father grabbed the back of Ecomillon and tore his wings out of his back. As the wings came out it turned into ashes. Gabriel ran away before the devil thought of taking his voice and Shizuko took quesfilla’s body and dragged it away. A few hours passed and Ecomillon was confronted by three people and hit five times over the face. He even started to feel the pain that humans felt. He could still imagine his wings on his back swaying around. He was not use to being without his wings. Then finally he was banned out of hell. It was a rare occasion that those that have sinned badly in hell could leave the place. Leaving hades gates he crashed into earths ground, wearing only the clothes on his back. Through his life on earth he was fused with a lot of magic he could use to his advantage, like summoning and controlling. He felt like a free man, like he had a weight lifted off his back, but still he wanted revenge for what his father did. As he was walking along the street someone remarked his tail and short horns, “he looks like a devil mommy” he mother shut the child's mouth and ran off. Reaching the park he saw Gabriel dancing infront of a crowd, he simply walked over to the gathering crowd and hit his shoulder against Gabriel’s. Gabriel laughed and said, “Well, if it isn’t the killer. What are you doing on new earth. Isn’t this place bad for you” Ecomillon hissed, “I don’t want to talk to you. You could have believed me what I told you, but you didn’t”

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 1 teachings

This was the night dark and dreary, Shadowing jumped from a roof landing gently in front the orphanage door. Shadowing knocked and awaited the man to open the door.

The keys were heard rattling and then the door opened slowly, seeing her he swung the door open, “To what do I owe the pleasure of meeting you here, again”

Shadowing answered with a quick glance up the stairs, “I’ve come to take them”

Lorne laughed, “Take whom?” His eyebrows rose as if to show he knew, but he gave her the impression that he hoped to hear another answer.

She answered seriously without muse, “The orphans, Lorne. I have come to take them”

Lorne gasped, “They are to young to learn of the dark. I haven’t even thought them of necro-abilities”

Shadowing folded her arms, “Exactly that is why I am taking them, let them learn from a expert”

Lorne hesitated, “B-But. Tearz hasn’t even gotten rid of her fear of dragons”

“Dragons…I have not seen them around, since. Well, a hundred years”

“Still they are to young and in dire need of getting rid of their fears that lurk in the dark”

“I will teach her along with the rest, to teach them would be my pleasure.” She looked over his shoulder, “Without a doubt I am the one who knows what is best and I have never gone wrong”

Lorne looked pitiful, “My friend,” She shot a glance his way and he continued, “there is a first time for…” He went silent nodding without arguing any further he showed her to the orphans’ rooms.

“Here they are, the gifted ones.” He pointed with in room, each room held about twenty children all with their own beds and cupboard; he had it lucky on him, “I’ve always know what you did and how your description was like, but what is your name?”

“Age had caught you, Lorne. I had no name when I first came to this place, but now I have one through means of helping the other young boy. It is shadowing”

Soon she woke the orphans, one by one telling them that they were coming with her for a bit, a child asked why not stay here and Shadowing answered simply, “This orphanage is on holidays children. We will go to my orphanage and I’ll teach you all during mornings”
The orphans was so use to being woken up by a leaking tap, a fire started in a room or the toilet flooded again, that not even one asked a question.

Shadowing pulled a few bed covers from off a few here and there. “Come wake up. It’s not hard you’ll just have get use to it. Lorne your wizard-teacher has said he’d let me take care of you all”

Lorne said, “I’ll visit later a day and see your progress, my friend” Though his eyes had a bit of fire in them and the same time knew he was getting to old to take care of them.

Shadowing nodded his way in a kind smile, “I’d look forward to that, and then well speak of the past” Lorne then returned her smile.

The children collected their belongings, as they moved off each one bid a goodnight to Lorne. Shadowing exited the orphanage carrying a few bags and a child sleeping on her shoulders-The one from the necromancer attack.

Shadowing came to her home; an abandoned building that was only a few blocks away from the orphanage. The children stirred and pressed closer, the cold night air running chills up their spines.

Shadowing caught sight of the boy on her shoulders looking up at a stone gargoyle, its red eyes gazing into the boy’s eyes. Suddenly it moved and shook a bushel of moss that had grown on him. The boy flinched as it flew his way and suddenly the gargoyle turned to stone again.

Came a small squeaky voice of a girl. “Where are we?”

Shadowing answered grinning, “Your at the new orphanage”

The boy on her shoulders then said, “It looks dodgy”

Shadowing held one hand on the boys two legs; she dropped the bags and opened the door. Heated air escaped, it made them feel warm again and it felt inviting.

The outside of the building was in a different condition than inside. The windows was boarded outside, but within was that of a churches’ tinted windows.

The inside of the main hall was magnificent, clean tiled floors, white steppes leading up to different doors. “This is beautiful!” The light within the room sparkled with glitter and blue tinted glass.

Shadowing motioned them inside and they all dropped half their luggage going up the stairs. As they all went in search of their own rooms she was left with the child on her shoulders.

The boy spoke, “What is so great about a inside of a church”

Shadowing laughed, “This is not a church, but the inside does have the look of one. By the way my name is Shadowing”

The boy climbed from down her shoulders and said, “I thought you had no name”

Shadowing ruffled his hair; “I guess I have made a mistake, everyone has a name, even orphans” She looked at the boy tilting her head, “What’s your name boy?”

The boy picked up a bag lying outside saying, “My name is Braq” Shadowing held her hand on his back and lead him up the steps.

She came to an ajar door that had been forced open, black lines was on the ground showing in what direction the door was pulled. The voices of the children were heard some fussing over what bed they’d get.

Shadowing then watched as Braq ran over to a bed jumping on it and landing back onto the mattress. He jumped off finding a spider crawling about and he stomped it.

Shadowing thought, you seem to amaze me Braq.

Soon they all settled down after a bit of cleaning and fetching of their belongings. A few rows about whose-whose-bag were held, but it soon was settled by Shadowing asking them to open the bags and check the different contents inside.

Soon the orphans all lay snug in their own beds and so Shadowing bid them an additional few words, “Don’t let the bedbugs bite” Shadowing slinked off to bed after hearing a child squirm at the name bedbugs.

Diary extract:

This is a silent night nothing stirring. I sent a letter to a scholar asking for a shadow potion. I hope to get an answer soon from them.

The monks how do they keep themselves tranquil between the likes of us? Sure they are kind, but they get robbed and they barely even shout at a child for doing a wrong—like me.

Next morning the children went in search for Shadowing. Searching high and low they came upon a battered trap door. Opening it they could see a lamp’s light reflecting onto a black wall.

Braq called down, “You down there, Shadowing”

A small girl then asked, “Is that her name?” Braq nodded to her, “Yes, liana” The girl’s name could be easily used to tell what she was use to, and it was climbing.

Shadowing’s voice sounded melodious, “Yes I am down here”

“What are you doing?” asked liana

Shadowing dropped a pen and buried a book with in a drawer; It was carved out of the finest wood and shapes, that she never got confused in the dark when feeling the diamond shaped handle.

She then walked over to the end of the steps wondering how long have they been searching and she looked at all the faces staring down at her. She smiled and motioned them to come down, “Come I’ll just switch on the lights, so you can see where you are going” Shadowing walked over to a box opened it and flipped the switch.

The lights brightened the room with a huge flash of white and everything was revealed to be a type of classroom. “This is where I keep most of my work in teaching orphans, and it was also where I trained them” The chairs were packed in a line each had not been used or cleaned in sometime, cobwebbed strung down to the floor, but the spiders were all squished on the ground by Shadowing.

The orphans came down all settling down on the foot of the steps.

Braq came last passing a picture he glanced at it and sat down.

Shadowing noticed he had taken the time to even try and look the picture. The tall man wore a cloak and a tilted hat. The green-shocking eyes that stared like a living necromancer sent shrills down her spine and the stitched name at the right was Soul Raider.

Shadowing quickly turned around and saw how the place looked, “I haven’t cleaned it for sometime, so I’ll be teaching you at the Monks temples. At least their good temper is still there. No need for any fuss about walking. We shall go by horse carts” One child wearing thin glasses asked, “Now how do you expect twenty to fit into a cart?”

Shadowing hadn’t thought about it, she scratched her head thinking long and hard on the traveling problem.

She then thought of Lorne he could help out, but then she’ll have to drag the children after her then go ask him and see what he’ll suggest, last time she hadn’t been patient to the old man, but he was a bit clingy to the orphans, but she could blame him.

She then started thinking that she could always let the orphans visit him for a bit and then she can apologize somehow by making it up to him, by doing a favor for in return for the carts to the monk’s temples.

Then she thought they could walk the distance to the trader center and then be off in two carts, each which can hold ten children and then they’ll have no problem.

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where I found this but here is something weird, that I found on my sis's computer... HAHA *destorys privacy* Love stories always wierd me out...

She was in the tub when he saw her. He never hides what his feeling inside. Not about her. He is just going to keep it old school. They like the same music. He wants to ask her to stay longer. “Welcome to my world.” He started.
She saw him dancing his way into the bathroom. He brought his Ipod with and her favorite song was playing. Baby, you’re my dream come true.
“Get out of here! It is my favorite.”
They shared one lengthy kiss.
And he knelt next to her to ask: “Stay a little longer.”
“Aw, honey I…”
He loosened his tie.
She changed her mind.
“I’ll call in under the weather.” She said, smiling.
Smiling he told her. “Thank you. And I’ll do the same.”
Your sweet green eyes, how can I say no? She wondered to herself. She gave him a peck on the lips.
“The softest lips in the world, baby.” He complemented her.
This morning they were so in love that they knew there is no way out. With every kiss and every hug they fell deeper in love with one another.
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: