Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Death Day - FINAL CHAPTER UP!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Topics: 122

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: Death Day - FINAL CHAPTER UP! Reply with quote

Death Day 0

A girl, no older than twenty-five, lay curled on her side in the middle of a small town road. Rain pelts her slowly stiffening naked body and a thunderstorm rages overhead. She'd always loved thunderstorms. They made her relaxed and excited at the same time. The thunder claps fall on now deaf ears, bringing no comfort to the figure laying in a swiftly dissipating pool of her own blood. The rivulets of distilled blood dribble down into a nearby sewer grate. She had always kept her local sewer grates clean. Though she liked floating boats on the street river created by clogged sewer grates, her thoughts drifted more and more to the safety of the drivers forced out into this inhospitable weather as she got older.

Her eyes stare unblinking and unseeing at the apple trees across the street from the corner store. Both store and trees are less than a block from her home. She loved those apple trees. When caught outside for hours when her parents or siblings were in a bad mood, they made good supplement for a hyperactive little girl. Not so little anymore, her tastes having moved on to more heavy food as soon as she started getting a paycheck. Her hazel green eyes are glazed over, not blinking as raindrops and blood from the bullet hole in her head drips into their now hardening surfaces.

Her only attire, a medium sized, long, red, soft polyester ribbon, tied close but not choking around her neck it the only thing the killer left. The limp loops and legs lay, soaked and ragged, on the unforgiving stone and tar road beneath her robust body. She'd always like claiming that she's a hobbit, that's why all her sibling could rest their chins on her head without lifting them. Why she seems to keep growing outwards despite the fact that she exercises. Her claims of sizism against all people under 5'5” would ring through the house every time she was forced to drag her 5 foot tall sack of meat and bone on to a counter to reach something.

She had been a happy girl. Remembered by all who met her, even if it was for only a moment. Fiercly protective of all she considered dear to her. Even going so far as to take one 16 people at once to defend her dear brother, and winning. She was a truly free and fiery spirit. The lights and sirens of the approaching police and ambulance would have caused her to jump up, and hunt down the “action” in this small town. Her small body is photographed, documented, then removed.

After a week of futile searching, her description is finally released on the news. Her mother, having been out of town, returning only today, hears the description, and about how the girl had the red ribbon about her neck, and lets out a wail. Running from room to room, searching high and low for her little girl, she finds no trace. She calls her son at work, frantic for it not to be true. His claims of her staying at collage sends the woman into a pit of despair. With trembling fingers, she hangs up, then dials the number that had blared out of the radio along with what she now knew to be her child's description. In less than an hour, they confirm ID.

Her little girl was dead. Her Odie, Sharptooth, Baby of the set, Toothead, was no more. The woman finds herself leading the police into her home. Looking for clues they say. She descends into the basement, before the techs can get to her little girl's “Cave of Infinite Possibility”. Posters and wall scrolls she'd once have torn down and burned now seem beautiful and precious in her eyes. She walks to the wall furthest from the stairs, her tears now dry, and numbness setting in. Sitting down in the right hand corner, she runs scared fingers over volume after volume of what she had once called “The devil's temptations”. The Manga feels smooth and soft beneath her fingers, and she recalls the way her daughter would crack open a new book for the first time and press her face between the pages, inhaling deeply. “Nothing quite like the smell of a fresh book!” She'd say, a huge grin on her face. No, nothing quite like it.....

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Oki, I know this is wholly depressing, but bear with me. If it doesn't turn you guys off too much, I'd like to write a speed game on what lead up to this ending in the girls life. I'm sure you can all find a way to enjoy it! Eventually. =^.^=

To Be A Knight
And my first Finished work Death Day

Last edited by PopeAlessandrosXVIII on Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:22 pm; edited 25 times in total
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Topics: 103

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very dark and foreboding. Is there anyway we can avoid this fate through our decisions?

Btw, I enjoyed the limited omniscient narrative style. It was interesting to explore the thoughts of the dying girl.
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: Ummm..... Reply with quote

I havn't decided wether or not it can be avoided. It all depends on how the story goes.... Thanks for reading, and I's glad you like the style!

To Be A Knight
Thunderbird
Elder

Topics: 104

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of like the idea that we can't avoid it - but our decisions may make for a different overall outcome that may be more profound than cheating death.

This was some of your best work yet Pope! It took some serious concentration to follow but when I was able to get my poor head to focus hard enough, I found it intensely insightful and emotionally powerful. You've even been quite clever with some of your wording and the crafting of your message. Truly a work of art here.

I'll be very interested, then, when you begin the story in full.

CHAPTER 25: Near-Light Speed (NEW CHAPTER! (12/4/2011))
Zephyrrr! And...
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Death Day 13 Reply with quote

Death Day 13

The girl wakes, like any other day, to the sound of her brother in the shower. ^6AM, every week day, without fail....damn annoying brat.^ But, despite her distaste for the early morning, she rises. Moving to the computer, she checks up on her favorite sites before looking over her brother's. 'Good, no one suspicious' Ever since they were young, she's always kept an eye out for her dear “older” brother. Looking down, she pokes her ever inexplicably expanding belly. ^Why couldn't I get the high metabolism? With his -hem- exercise, he'd stay thin no matter what!^ Once again cursing her draw of the short straw in the twin arrangement, the girl head up to the bathroom.

Climbing the steep steps, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, she reaches the top in a huff. Seeing her brother exit the bathroom just in time, he scuttles aside as she strides forward. His white skin seems to glow in the pre-dawn light. “Ghost...” She quips. “Whale” He shoots back. A quick dodge and a half stumble down the basement steps are the only thing that saves him from a thorough thrashing. Shaking a fist, she heads off to do her sh*t shower and shave for the morning. ^I hate shaving...it's all itchy! I'ma so kill him when I catch him...Insensitive prick^ She smiles to herself imagining all the ways to kill him and dispose of his body. ^Vat of acid sounds nice^ Once clean and dry, she heads back down to their room. He's standing in front of the full length, naked, drying his insanely long hair with a towel.

^Perfect^ She lunges forward, deciding her revenge. “Uwa! No! Itai!” Her rough hands begin drying his hair roughly, tangling it horribly in the process. “You are evil!” He cries, finally pulling away. He whips around, glaring at her with harsh red eyes.

“Oh come now, brother, it's not like I cut it off! Not like Mom....” Her voice trails off as she sees her brother flinch. “Sorry, I didn't mean to bring it up. ^Mother cut it all off once she did. He was young, but it was still horrible....^ Sliding up to him she pulls her brother into a hug. He rests his chin on her head and wraps his long arms around her.

“S'ok sis. At least I have it all back now!” He smiles, pulling back and twirling so that all 5 feet flares out around him like a shroud. The beautiful white hair catches the dim basement light just right and seems to gleam.

“Yeh yeh, rub it in....” She mumbles, fingering her own mid back length dishwater blonde hair. Her brother pulls her into another hug before moving to the bedroom to get dressed. She slides back in front of the computer to check again that no one's bugging her brother. ^We don't need another incident like that.....Years ago, he met a friend from online in person, and that person had been....^ She clenches a fist, growling at the fact that she wasn't there. Smooth white arms wrap around her shoulders and pulls her back on to a still damp chest.

“I can guess what you're thinking of, and stop it! No more blaming yourself, I mean it LITTLE sister.” She swats at him, shooing him away so she can do her morning updates. He kisses her head, then ruffles her hair before moving away. ^Damnit! You'd think I was several years younger! He's only got 43 seconds on me!^ Finishing up, she snatches up his brush before trotting over to his shirt chair. The floor around it is the cleanest in the whole basement. ^Can't have him getting this lovely mass dirty!^

The longs silky strands between her fingers feel so smooth, she can't stop herself from petting it gently. ^So beautiful....My beautiful brother, I'd do anything for you, you know that right?^ His eyes close, lost in the feeling of being pet. After about an hour, the mass is almost dry, and all brushed out. After a few extra strokes, she plants a kiss on his crown before stepping back. The, without warning, she clonks him one with the hard handle of the brush. “Itai! What was that for!” He cries, jumping up and spinning around, making his hair fall over his left shoulder.

“Sill brother, you thought a few snarls would be enough revenge for calling me a whale!?” She cries, giving him a shove, pressing him precariously close to the fireplace. The glass cover ensured no flames touched skin, but the plate is hot enough to take off several layers of skin.

“Hey, hey! C'mon! You know you're getting big, and you need to work on it! You're the one complaining about being overweight, and if I don't pick on you, you'll go out and buy a bag f those doughnuts on the way to school!” His frantic waving of arms and pitiful voice make her smile. Grabbing his hand, she twirls him around into the living room area.

“I know, and I won't stop you, but you know first thing in the morning is too much!” Planting a kiss dead on, she trots over to the bedroom to dress herself. ^Ah, brother, how cute you are....I need to find a guy at least half as hot as you.^ Slipping on her usual sweats and tee, she swishes past her brother, sitting on the computer, working hard on something. “I'll whip you up some lunch, then I'm out!” She calls over her shoulder. A hand peeks out between hanging clothes as the only response. ^I swear he's starting to like those writing people better than me...^

With a sigh, she jets up the stairs, and turns a sharp right into the kitchen. ^It's going to take forever to get used to this new layout^ Looking up to her left as she walks in, her mind scream ^SIZIST!^ as she gazes upon one the newest additions to the kitchen. A row of shelves climbing almost to the roof now holds many of the foods stuffs she uses on a regular basis. ^Damn you tall peoples, this whole world is against short people^ Hiking her way up on to the counter with ease from years of practice, she pulls down the instant potatoes for her bro's lunch. ^A chop and a scoop o' hot snow, with a side of mud and dirt^ She grins at her creation. Leaving the meal in a portioned tupperware, she flies outside.

Hopping on to her bright, shiny new purple girls bike ^Sexist pigs^ she speeds around the house and into the back alley. A sharp left and down the sidewalk. Her mind on other matters, she doesn't see the car even after it's too late. Her body bounces off the front bumper, her leg getting smashed a bit between bike and fiberglass. ^Thank god for toy minivans^ she thinks as she feels her leg. People around her are screaming, and the driver climbs out of his vehicle, looking petrified. ^Ugh, all this noise is going to give me a headache.

She waves off the onlookers best she can, and when they don't leave fast enough she growls and barks at them in a very convincing dog impression. “Are you alright!? I didn't see you there, you just came out of nowhere!” She nods over and over.

“I agree, I wasn't looking. Now, kindly extract my bike from under your plastic mobile so I can get to school?” Taken aback by her gruffness, the man obeys without question. ^God this hurts, but no worse than running 2 miles.....Of which I should have never done, but I'm a moron that way^ Brushing him off her bike, the girl mounts and is off before another word can be said. ^I hate people making something from nothing.^ She speeds past a house with apple trees on her right. ^I can't wait for those to ripen!^ In less than 5 minutes, a cop car pulls along side of her just before she reaches the stretch of road she takes which has no sidewalk.

Not wanting to cause too much trouble she stops and waits for the window to roll down. Behind the wheel is an infantile looking officer. ^He can't be 3 years older than me, if that! Tells me how important a hit and flee is in this town^ He coughs, looking her over. Her wounded left leg is out of sight. “A girl matching your description was reported to have been hit by a mini van about a mile back, near 16th. Is that you?”

Shaking her head in disbelief she replies, “Yeh, that's me, but I'd rather not be late for school, so can I skip the report this time? Or are you implying my massive behind did some actual damage to that matchbox?” She grins wide as her comments makes his jaw drop literally. ^Yes! Score one more for my quickie comebacks!^

His mouth snaps shut and he stutters, “N-no, but most people who get hit want to file a report. Don’t you?” ^Ugh^ She rolls her eyes and looks down at her leg. ^Ahh dung^ Blood had begun flowing from a break in the skin she hadn't noticed before, and is now staining her white ankles highs.

“Umn, no thanks officer,” She says, looking back at the “boy”. ^Maybe !I! Should be a cop. Set these buggers straight^ “I's just like to get to class. Later!” With that, she takes off down the buisy road, riding the curb close. Another 15 minutes and she's at school. ^Ah, Bay, a mighty fount of knowledge and small town depravity....^ Settling her bike in the rack, she heads off to classes.

Between classes she ignores most other people, greeting only the other Otaku members. ^Not that it's running anymore^ Having changed location the their basement, The Otaku Society has all but secede to exist. The monotony of the day is broken by only a few moments of evil glee as people gaze and wonder at the decent sized bruise and dried blood on her leg. ^Why wipe it off if it can amuse me?^ At the end of the day, she returns to where she left her bike. ^Gat damnit!^ Looking all around, she can't see it anywhere. Her leg throbs, and she curses aloud. “Fudge snakers! Where could it have....?” Her mind drifts to the few people who would have dared incur her wrath. ^John? Samurai? Some jerkwad from the creative writing class? If John took it, god brother or no, he's a dead man. Samurai, god, her dorm is on the other side of the campus! And those asses that don't know a noun from a verb....I'll kill them anyway!^ Her leg throbs again making her scream out, “Snicker balls!” ^God, he's killed my swearing too. Silly brother....If I don't find it soon, it'll be better to walk home...Or maybe I can hitch from Mom....But I can't, she'll want gas money and I'm broke...AUGH!^

++++++++

What to do? How to get off that leg!

WARNING! This game is going to last exactly 26 days! If I don't get responses/voting in time for a new chapter, I will move on without. Just a little note. Sorry if this seems unreasonable, but it's a challange for myself. *Bows* Thank you.

To Be A Knight

Last edited by PopeAlessandrosXVIII on Fri May 20, 2011 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Items

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jump on the other leg aal the way home with a stick in hand.
Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll read this later today Pope! running out o' time here... dangit

Zephyrrr! And...
Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the character, true to form for her age and quite real-person like. I'm not sure why she would not want to deliver a report but I'm interested to keep trying to sort that out. I was touched by the clever display of family love that you delivered us in the scene with her brother.

You mix other character's dialogues and her thoughts in the same paragraphs a number of times which I find a bit disorienting. I would take thoughts in the same 'rule' vein as dialogue, which is to switch para's when a new person begins commenting (inside OR outside the head). Might help a bit. But I know that means more paragraphs, which you oppose Wink

I would think her Mother, if she's a Mother worth a damn, would quickly react to help her given she's been hurt, gas money aside. Call her anyways and get some advice if nothing else.

Zephyrrr! And...
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Polling Reply with quote

Now polling, lets see some votes!

To Be A Knight
Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted (and, as I'm the only one who has - winning!)

Zephyrrr! And...
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Poll Results Reply with quote

How to get home?
Hop home on one leg
0% [ 0 ]
Call for a ride from Mother
100% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1
Who Voted: Thunderbird

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: Death Day 12 Reply with quote

Death Day 12

With a huge sigh, the girl pulls her cellphone out of the leather holster at her hip. With another hisst of pain, she glares at the wound. ^Damn stupid moronic guys who want horse power, but end up with passenger capacity...^ She flips the phone open and taps out her mother's number. While she waits for an answer, she watches a small band of giggling girls walk by. Several glance in her direction. ^I swear, if you bishes ask about my brother ONE MORE T-^

“Yellow?” The girl glares down at her phone, but is happy for the interruption. Having been about 10 seconds away from chasing the girls off with snarls and snaps.

“Yo, Ma, I got bounced off a minivan this morning. Can I get a ride home? Legs killing me, and bike is...Borrowed...” ^Step one, plead my case....^

The woman at the other end of the phone sighs. “Want me to take you to the hospital?” Her strong voice gives the woman a youthful feel.

“Naw, just a ride home. I'll soak and I'll be fine.” ^Step 2, alleviate worry. SO glad my mother taught me to take care of myself. I miss one day of school, I'd prolly eat my own left foot.^

“Alright, wait by the parking lot.” The girl nods, somehow believing that nods go through phones. The click in her ear tells her 'Mommy's' to the rescue.

^Now, if we can juuuust stay off THAT subject, we're good!^ The wait isn't long. ^At least to one with a Terry Goodkind novel!^ When her mother pulls up in Faith, her 16 passenger van, the girls ears per up first. ^Ah, an Oman vehicle.^ Without looking up, she wander over to the white and teal beast and climbs in the front seat. ^Ugh, Neal.....^ Reaching down, she pulls her seat forward so that her knees are nearly against the dash.

Her mother spots the blood on her leg and says, “I hope it's not still bleeding, otherwise you get to pay for the carpet cleaner. Faith may not be new, but blood isn't something she needs right now.” The girl rolls her eyes and looks at her mother. They're both smiling.

“Yes Mom. Luv you too.” The girl quips. ^As if she really cares about the blood^ They both laugh a little before her mom pulls out of the parking lot. The ride home is laced with light conversation, mostly about coming fishing season. “I wish they'd factor in intention when doing the whole 'Fishing License' thing. But as Bro says, *Intention is an incalculable factor*. Her mother just nods in reply as they pull up to the Half tan, half white 2 story that is their home.

^Mom had SOOOO wanted to be a lil different, so we get a house that looks like a bone with only the bottom half dipped in bleach.^ It's 7pm, and Brother is already clacking away downstairs on his computer when she gets downstairs to their lair. She drops her few school stuffs she usually brings home with her before toddling over to her brother and half collapsing on to his back. The white stick figure nearly collapses upon his keyboard.

“Ugh. Welcome home Sis. Good day?” He asks, his soft voice almost as high as a girl's. She just buries her head in his hair, trying to ignore the fact that she just banged her hurt leg against the trunk in which her brother sits on.

^Stupid black piece of junky crap balls^ When she can breath again, she replies with a, “Duh!” Before plopping down next to him. She nudges him to continue typing, wanting to wait as long as possible before her brother finds out about the injury. She watches him type, smiling at his convo with some of the most oddly named people in his favorite website's chat room. ^Oh dear lord, now he's “serving drink”. Sometimes I swear my bro is waaaay to into this site.^ Then it happens, like it always does.

“Does your leg hurt?” She sighs, watching him reach down to his own left calf.

^Sometimes I wish we weren't so connected. Sometimes I wish I could actually BE the older sibling.^ With a tug he spins her around so both feet are now up on the trunk with them so he can examine the wound. ^All these years, him rushing right past me into a successful career. Into a life long relationship....^ She watches his slim fingers gently probe the cut and surrounding bruise. His worried brows finally relax and he smiles at her, his crimson eyes turned up in mirth.

“It's not to bad, but it need soaking and dressing. To the bath!” His light tone makes her giggle.

^He's not even going to ask how I got it. Jack ass. Show off.....You worry too much.^ She gives him a rough tug off of his seat. “You're coming to dear Brother.”

He giggles as he's almost tossed flat on the ground in his sister's enthusiasm. “Oh, most certainly dear Sister.” The twins, their bodies near complete opposites, tumble up the stairs and into the bathroom. Stripping down, the girl watches her brother set the water temp.

^Knows just how we like it^ The two still don't understand the problem people have with the arrangement, but they can't help but enjoy bathing better when the other is there. ^Why not? Born together, bath together! They’re both 4 letter words^ She giggles at her own funny. Slipping in under the faucet, she waits for her twin to join her. ^So beautiful^ She watches her brother undress, gawking quite openly. Her brother had told her that most opposite gender twins either get so used to seeing each other as kids, or are kept from seeing one another as kids, that they get over their fascinations with the other's body before puberty. ^Not me! My brother is too much of “My ideal guy” to ignore^

When he finally join his sister, she's trying to clean her wound, but pulls back every time her fingers brush across the spot. He chuckles at her and takes over the task. His mass of hair pulled up and twisted so that the water cant get to it, the knob sticks strait up as he leans over her leg to work. ^Almost like a massage...He gives killer massages....^ She just leans back against the still spewing faucet and lets the feeling of the water cascading over her shoulder ease her day's stress.

After the cleaning is finished, the two adult sit in silence, only broken when she reaches over her shoulder to turn off the water before overflow. The constant beating against her back gone, it isn't too long before she shifts around to sit tucked up against her brother's chest. She smiles. ^I can hear his heart^ The slow and steady rhythm makes her happy. ^Means nothing is worrying him. I hate when work stresses him so much that he can't relax....^ His long arms come to wrap around her shoulders. He presses a kiss to her head, smiling as her hair tries to tickle his nose. Content with each other's presence, they sit like this for a long time.

When they finally notice the water cooling, they hop out and dry off. The girl can't help snapping her brother with a towel before scuttling out the door and strait down to the basement. Slipping into her Pjs, she plops down in front of the computer to do some checks on her regular sites. When her brother comes down, he gives her a playful poke in the head ass he passes. ^Brat^ Content that her sites can survive without her for another day, she hops up, gives her brother a quick peck on the lips, and wanders over to the back left corner of the basement. There hemmed in by a dresser and an old fasioned changing curtain, their shared futon lay flat on the ground. ^Well, on a foam mattress and several issues of national geographic^

“G'night Sis!” He calls, his fingers already back at work on his computer.

“Oyasumi, Ototou...” She sighs, falling face first on to the plush futon mattress. ^Ahhhhh, blissful oblivion. Careful to lay on her right side, she soon drifts off to sleep. She wakes only once. The feeling of her brother crawling into bed, having to crawl over her to get to the wall side, jostles her just slightly. She throws a halfhearted protest over her shoulder. He giggles, then throws an arm over her waist. Together, the two drift off into their respective dream lands. The only places that are truly separate in these two's lives.

-Next Morning-

The girl wakes the next morning in excruciating pain. ^Oh god, flying flaming donkey balls!^ She reaches down, clutching at the pain. The small patch of gauze her brother hat slapped on after hopping out of the tub last night is gone. ^God, oh this hurts....^ She stares at the ceiling just below the bathroom upstairs. ^Ugh....I can't let him know about this. He'll stay home....And he needs to work....^

+++++++++++

Oki, how does she hide this? Go to school? Pretend to go to school? Go to the hospital? Any other ideas? I know you guys are creative. You'll think of something Razz

To Be A Knight
Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to act as if there is nothing wrong. Just go about the day as usual putting on a grand performance, but rather than leave for the usual destinations, go hide in the backyard until bro leaves for work.

This was a much more clear chapter. Sheesh, these siblings do have some interesting boundary issues, don't they?

Zephyrrr! And...
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: I think..... Reply with quote

Thank you for you coments. Much apriciated. *Giggles* I guess most people would see it like that. *Wanders off grinning*

To Be A Knight
Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Topics: 20
Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is very interesting indeed. =) the closeness of these two is odd, yes, but also, the fact that they share that strong a bond is nice.

i'd say she tries to go on about her normal day, but he catches her or something.
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Ummm..... Reply with quote

Thank you for reading as well. Glad you're liking it. They really are wierd arn't they/

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: Polling Reply with quote

Now polling for the next 23 hours! Come vote while you can!

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's witht he hurt leg?
Act normal, wait outside for Bro to leave
50% [ 1 ]
Act normal, Bro finds out anyway
50% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 2
Who Voted: Andolyn, Thunderbird

Looks like a tie, here we go.....

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Death Day 11 Reply with quote

Death Day 11

Th girl sits, pitching a silent fit for several minutes. ^Arhg, damn moronic drivers in all their little hurries, nothing THAT important to get to. Jack offs with, AUH, well that hurt....Damn god for nerves....^ With a deep sigh, she finally rolls off the futon and on to her feet. Head held high, she ignores the pain, though it threatens to bring tears to her eyes. ^If I can just get past Bro to the bathroom, I can cover this up, and he'll be none the wiser^ She takes the stairs on all fours, not unusual for her, and props herself up outside the swinging doors to the washroom.

When the doors swing open the girl rushes past mumbling, 'Gotta pee, gotta pee....” in a decent impression of Superfly. She hears her brother chuckle at the joke. Going through the motions, she gets through her morning bathroom routine, hissing in the shower as the piping hot water rushes across the now very tender leg wound. ^God...That's it, I'm staying home...But I can't...^ Her mind wanders down to her over protective brother below her feet. ^No, he can't know^ After a rough towel dry, she throws on one of their super sized bandages before trotting downstairs. She pats her bro's head as she walks past his damp self as he sits in front of his computer, his towel across his lap. Throwing on her loosest pair of sweats and collared t-shirt, she heads right back upstairs to make her dear brother's lunch.

^Going well so far!^ She decides on a traditional lunch, and with a grin, pills out a small brown paper bag. ^Ham samich, 'tato chips, an' a sippy pouch!^ She giggles at the thought of him pulling this lunch out in front of his co-workers. ^Not that he eats with them...^ He leg throbs harshly, distracting her from more depressing thoughts. ^God, ARGH!^ She packs the lunch slowly, giving her some time to straighten her face. When she finishes, she totters carefully downstairs once again. The girl scoops up her bag, and gives her brother a quick kiss on the forehead. He gives her a funny dazed look as the motion makes him look away from the computer screen. “Later Bro!” She chirps in her most cheerful voice.

“Later...” he says, his voice distracted. Out the back door, up the stairs....and a quick right turn. Walking past the bikes leaning against the tree between the houses that would normally whisk her off to a fun day of learning, she settles down with her back against the house to wait. Flanked by a canoe and a crate, she feels sufficiently hidden.

^He'll never suspect a thing!^ She grins at her own cleverness. She watches the new day's sun come slowly over the abandon elementary school across the street to her right. She can't help a little applause as it's bright radiance eradicates all shades of pink from the sky. ^Damn sexist, assigning an entire gender to a color^ After almost 2 hours of sitting and amusing herself by shredding the new spring grass, she hears the back door open. Falling silent, she listens carefully at the sounds of her brother heading off to work. When the last little noise of him vanishes, she feels safe enough to creep out of her hiding place. ^I am to good^

Slipping back inside, she drops her bag heavily on the floor. ^Can't waste a whole day^ Diving inside the bag, she pulls out her most pressing homeworks. Now limping in an almost over exaggerated manner, she shuffles over to the sheet of polished wood the two used as a bed tray, and hobbles over to the bed with it. Getting set up quickly, she sets into her work like a frantic woodpecker. He pencil flies over the paper, the scratching and tapping sounds becoming white noise. She brushes a hair aside as the fan at the end of the bed tosses it across her nose. She's working for less that ten minutes before the back door opens. ^Crap!^ Pulling the covers over her head as she flops down, she listens closely for movement.

The sound of soft, shoe clad feet moves slowly closer and closer. Visions of all rapists, murderers, and her mother flash through her mind. She knows better than to worry about such things, but she can't keep her heart out of her throat as the sound of footsteps stop beside the futon. Her heart hammers in the silence, making her swallow hard. After a few moments, she jumps at the feel of a hand on her covered arm. “If it hurts that bad, you should have told me Sis.” The sound of her brother's light voice relaxes her in an instant. Pulling the covers down just low enough for here eyes to show, she comes face to face with a very sad looking pair of beautiful rubies.

“Sorry Bro....” She mumbles, shifting her eyes away in shame. ^I'm so going to shoot myself later....^ He just sighs in response and begins clearing the papers off the board before propping it against a wall. “I just...didn't want you skipping work! You always wanna stay home when I'm sick, but you can't keep dropping everything just because I'm not feeling well. I mean, you have a JOB! It's not like school where you can keep ditching and expect to still have a place to return to. I'm not a baby, I can take care of myself!” As she peaks she becomes more and more worked up. ^We're both adults, are we not?!^ When she realizes she's taking her frustrations of being caught out in her loving brother, she falls silent and ducks under the covers once again. ^I don't mean that....I love when he sits by my side when I'm ill...Now I feel like a real ass^

She hears nothing for several seconds. Then the click of the overhead light going off. Once again she feels the hand on her shoulder. “Rest up. I'll help you with your homework later.” There is a hint of hurt behind his words, but she is too upset at herself to respond. Without really realizing it, it isn't long before she follows her brother's instructions, and drifts off to sleep.

=========

Hours later she wakes to the feeling of doggie paws on her arm. Peeking up groggily over the covers, she comes face to face with their medium black dog, Ruby. Her cute big black eyes reflect the light from the living area, while her tail fans the air behind her. She sets her head down when she sees the girl's face and gives her the upward angle glance. ^Ugh, so cute^ With a little rawr she scoops the 20lp dog up and tucks it under the covers with her. The cockermutt wriggles in joy at the attention. ^Bro must be home^

As if on cue, said brother pops up over the dresser-wall. “Morning sunshine. Leg feeling better?” His cheerful tone makes her smile.

^Guess he's not still upset. He can never hide when he's in a bad mood^ She nod vigorously. “So, homework time?” He laughs at the eager tone in her voice. Ruby pops out from under the covers. Laying there half covered, she smiles at the twins. They both laugh at her dorky expression. Her brother is swift to set up the bed table and slide in next to her on the mattress Ruby makes a general nuisance of herself as they work their way through all her classes. Only breaking for bathroom and a snack, they soon reach the last subject. Her brother slinks off and she tosses a stuffed rabbit at him. “You still suck at math, huh?” He simply ducks and heads for the computer.

Over the next half hour, she blazes through her math homework. Just as she stuffing the mess back into her bag her brother had dragged over earlier, the back door opens. “Hello?” She grins wide and waits. A muted crash and squeel comes from the direction of the computer. She covers her moth to keep from laughing aloud.

^Even after all these years, he's still a little kid about it. Too cute!^ She listens to the rather non vocal, yet quite noisy, greeting at the back door between her brother and his boyfriend M. He hears some hushed whispering and a single set of feet heading upstairs. After a few shuffling sounds, M comes around the changing screen acting as a wall for one side of the bedroom. His bright red hair rivals her own in length, and his tiny body makes her envious. Still, she's happy to see him. ^The one person in this world I trust, besides myself, to never hurt my brother^ She waggles her arms up and down. “Hug!”

He blushes lightly before meandering over and kneeling beside the bed. When he reaches forward to hug her, she tackles him down on to the mattress with a crushing pull-hug. He yelps as his back makes contact with it's soft surface. “Hello. I heard you were hurt, but I see now that you are recovering quite well.” The light blush on his face makes her all the more envious, but this time of her brother. ^I'll never find one like this. He's so fun!^ She leans down, propped up with a hand on either side of his torso, and grins.

“Yes. I am under the masterful care of my dear older brother. There is no wonder I am recovering quickly.” His light blue eyes shift away as she teases him by picking up his speech pattern. ^I hope they stay this way forever^ She leans in for another quick hug to let him know no harm meant before letting him up. He sits up, leaning so that their backs are half against each others. They talk quietly for a time as clanking and curses float down the stairs from my brother as he makes dinner. Finally, Brother comes down with spaghetti piled high on 3 plates. After handing two plates to their respective owners, he props himself up against the dresser-wall. “Itadekimasu!” They all say, before digging in.

The meal is filled with subdued inconsequential blather. When the meal is over, the two boys head upstairs to clean the dinner dishes. Afterward, they come back down, and once again, her brother takes up post before the computer. M comes back over to her on the bed and they speak some more. About her classes, and his. About his worries over this class or that class. ^Like Brother wouldn't make sure he's keeping up with them^ After a time, she notices his restlessness. She grins. Wrapping her arms around his waist, she rests her head on his shoulder. “You two use the couch tonight. I get the bed.” The blush spreads all the way to his ears at her words. Too embarrassed to talk, he just nods.

As he moves off towards a fun night with her brother, she rolls over to face the wall. ^They take forever to get started^ Exhausted from the ever present pain in her lag, she swiftly returns to her dream land. At about 2 AM she wakes for a few minutes so her brother can tuck M into bed behind her. She cuddles backwards against the red head's warmth before falling back to sleep.

======

The next morning, the smell of bacon and eggs rousts her from sleep early. Popping to her feet, she notes that her leg throbs only slightly. “Kool.” She mutters out loud. Wandering over past the computer and fireplace, she makes her way upstairs. ^This means I can go out today! I wonder what Pockey's up to...Or if the library has any new books....Sigh, there isn't much to do in this small hunting town...^ She comes upstairs to find her Mother, Brother and M all at the table. A quick glance at the stove confirms that they'd left her her portion. She receives general greeting as she wanders past to the bathroom. Sitting at her morning constitutional, she wonders what to do this fine weekend morning.

+++++++

Kinda open. What's she going to do for Saturday? It's a small town, but I'm sure you guys will come up with something fun!

To Be A Knight
Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd say go check out the new books & head to the woods for some relaxed reading time. =)
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Ummm..... Reply with quote

Thank you so much for reading. Great suggestion!

To Be A Knight
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Together, the two drift off into their respective dream lands. The only places that are truly separate in these two's lives.

He-he, this line would have been even better if it had read: "Even in their dreams they were together."

This story is so realistic, I love it! It feels very genuine, and I believe that is because you are sharing part of your life with us.

The relationship between brother and sister is at once revealing and tender. They are truly endearing.

However, I feel this story lacks some plot/excitement. The DP is the perfect opportunity to change that. I say that sis should apply for a job as a cocktail bartender. She can learn from her Bro, who is always serving drinks online. Wink
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Polling Reply with quote

Poll is up! Let's see some voting!

To Be A Knight
Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, caught up here Pope... hmm, polling already?

I pretty much have the same thing D had to say on this one. Tender and sweet but lacking in plot and complication so far. I was getting the impression you were sharing some of your family dynamics as well.

You took some of the advice on the thoughts v dialogue in a para I think and that helped a lot. This was a more clear chapter than usual and that may have had an effect on that.

Well, no need to think much on this tough DP - I'll just go vote Wink

Zephyrrr! And...
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Ummmmsssss...... Reply with quote

*Bows* I would like to appologize to my few loyal readers. I spent all day sick in bed, so the chapter that should have been up this morning is going to be delayed until 6-7 am tomorrow morning. I'm so sorry. *Bows* I hope you enjoyed the extra voting time!

NOTE: We have a tie here. A tie breaker would be appreciated!

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What to do on her day off?
Apply for a job as a cocktail bartender
50% [ 2 ]
Grab a book from the library, then off to the woods to read it
50% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 4
Who Voted: Andolyn, Chinaren, D-Lotus, Thunderbird

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Death Day 10 Reply with quote

Death Day 10

Finishing up on the pot, she does a rather audible streth-yawn-shake-augh before coughing and heading to the kitchen. Bro giggles and M smiles when she enters. Mom had already left for work during her time in the bathroom. ^Be safe Ma. Don't let any of those oldsters go all psycho on you when you drop off their meals.^ The girl remembers a few times she's visited the old people's homes with her mother on her work route. Being the only other living being these people see for some of them, Mom tends to get trapped for quite some time by the more lonely ones. “So, you two have a good night?” The girl asks with a naughty grin and brow waggle.

M ducks his head, turning pink, while her bro replies, “Yes yes, but don't go digging for details you hentai.” She rolls her eyes. True, more than once she'd caught herself struggling not to peek, but the Yaoi fan in her was something she'd learned to deny over the years for her bother's sake.

^I still wanna see M's face when.......^ Her minds take a through trip down the gutter all through breakfast. After a meal spent with a far away grin on her face, the girl waves good-bye to her bro and M, snatching a kiss from the two hansom men, before trundling downstairs, dressing, and rocketing out the back door. ^Ugh, need some mental stimulation here!^ Hopping on her dark purple 12 speed, she takes off top speed for the local library. As she pulls on to main past the junior high across the street from the house, she checks the time on her phone. ^Let's see if I can break 2 minutes^ She does a mental count down for the last 10 seconds, preparing for a one person race. Her previous record of 2 minutes 13 seconds calls to her to be broken. ^3...2...1..GO!^ With a whoop, she's off.

14 blocks, 10 stoplights, a taxidermist's, a coffee shop, and a chiropractor's later, the girl skids to a halt outside the combined library and courthouse, stopping to quickly so she tumbles off into the grass out front of the building. Landing on her side, she rolls, finishing on her back, phone in hand. ^2 minutes 5 seconds, YES!^ She giggles madly to herself, causing some passersby to stare and pull their children away. After getting hold of her mirth, she hops up, and wanders over to her misused bike. Hopping aboard, she coasts it down hill to the back entrance, which is the library's front entrance, and straps the Roadster to the bike rack.

Through sliding doors, a left turn, then through doors straight out of a high school auditorium, she enters one of her favorite safe havens in this close minded town. The new releases in front of her to the right, the check out desk just off to the left around the corner, and everywhere else, books. Page after page, world after world, she had read most of them. She had surpassed her brother around age 10, and he's never been able to catch up since. ^At least he's still trying^ Her mind wanders over their more illiterate siblings, and she can't hold back a huge pitying sigh. ^Neal's be reduced to car magazines for goodness sake^ Clapping her hands over hear ears, she heads through the anti theft walls. The high pitched whine they emit coming through her thick hands, but just barely.

Making her usual trek through the children'ss sections, smattered with toy, meandering through the young adults, to the informational texts, andfinallyy to the adult fictions. The light from the wall sized windows along side these shelves shed their warm orange and yellows on to the multi-colored book covers. Walking past her favorite authors, Asimov, Goodkind, Feist, she wanders into the mystery section. Wasting no time, she snatches up one of the thicker volumes she knows she hasn't read, and scuttles over to the desk. ^I am the most indiscriminate reader I know^ She smiles at the librarians behind the desk. Some she's known for many many years, other just recently hired. ^Wish I could get a job here^ Her mind wanders over the job idea as she hands over her library card.

Her eyes wander with her mind, and her gaze lands on the 'Job Finders' local free newspaper at the end of the desk. ^What the hey^ Slipping her card back into her black leather wallet, she scoops up her book and wanders over to the paper. With a shrug, she snatches up a copy before heading for the door. She grits her teeth through the anti theft walls, and wanders over to the lost-and-found. Pawing through, she comes across a ball cap. ^Hello^ With shifty eyes, she tucks the prize away into her plastic library bag before slipping outside. ^Score^ Hopping on her bike, she takes off down the back road towards Hunter's Marsh. Off to her right, several abandoned coal ships sit up on giant stands only a hundred yards from one of the great lakes. ^Perhaps I'll hit the beach tomorrow^ The large red hulking masses vanish from view as she continues on her hour long bike ride to one of her favorite reading places.

She soon passes out of civilization and on to a road lined with driveways that vanish off into darkened woods. Passing the only “corner store” in the area, she takes a right down a side road. Skidding, she turns off it after a couple hundred yards on to a half hidden deer trail. ^I love this smell^ Branches smack tug at her body and clothes, making her grin when she doesn't have to duck under the more low hanging branches. ^I love being short!^ She soon comes to he reading spot. A large clearing opens before her. The gap in the trees above letting in a shaft of light, landing almost perfectly on a 10 foot wide, 5 foot tall stump in the center of the clearing. Swinging a leg over her bike so she's standing on one side, she coasts to the stump and dismounts. Propping it up, she surveys the area before turning to the stump itself. “Hello old friend.” She murmurs to the ancient hunk of wood.

After a few seconds of practiced scrabbling she lays out on her stomach with a huge sigh. Pulling out her new book, she begins on some serious reading. The words begin floating around her head. People and places that she'll never see spring up before her eyes. Adventures and mysteries she'd kill to be a part of pass by her mind, unheeding of the lone girl's calls. As always, when she begins reading, she no longer exists. From mind to mind, she travels as the characters. Through their trials and sorrows, she is as them, and the girl on the stump becomes little more than a faded memory. 8 hours and 1,433 pages later, she snaps the book shut and rolls on to her back, a huge grin in place.

“I knew it was her!” She says aloud. She talks to the trees and animals all around her, telling them or murder, police, firefighters, and the last minute desperate acts of the book's hero. As always, there is no response, but that's fine with her. ^Better no response than bad response. Or worse, interruptions!^ She giggles. She sits up and tugs the library bag to her, sliding the newest edition to her repertoire inside, she spots the paper. With a sigh, she pulls it out. In the days fading light, she makes a mental checklist of places to stop by on the way home. ^Bartender sounds fun^ Sliding off the stump, she decides to walk her bike out. ^I hate twilight. If it light I can see. If it's dark I can see. This half light kills^ When she reaches the road, it's off towards the first stop.

^2 Waitressing, 1 janitorial, 3 fast foods, and now...^ She pulls up outside Ernie's Irish Pub, propping her bike against the side wall. Having passed this bar for many years, she'd never quite had a reason to enter it. Her watering hole was further down the street. Slipping inside, she first takes note of the smoke. ^Bleck^ She sticks out her tongue, but having a life long smoker for a mom, she soon gets over it. It's late, so most of the bar's residents are leaning past tipsy on to drunk. Swatting away a few hands, she sidles up to the counter. The guy behind the bar is wiping down a glass, watching the B-ball game on the overhead TV. “Yo!” She calls, making his head whip around.

He walks over, leaning in so he doesn't have to yell to be heard over the raucous noise coming from the other B-ball fans in the room. “May I help you?” He asks, his face framed by brown shoulder length hair.

^He's gotta be...early twenties. I may have a chance here!^ She nods, “Yeh, I'd like an application.” He looks her up and down, pulling a smart ass grin on to her face. He stares for a few seconds before shrugging. Reaching under the bar, he hands over an app. “Thanks.” She struggles her way up on to a bar stool and begins filling out the standard sheet of “employee seeking” info before turning it over. The back is much more interesting. The questions range from 'how is this drink mixed' to 'what do you think this job entails'. She grins. ^Thank you grandma!^ Her grandmother enjoys telling stories of her youth, which includes teaching her grand kids the showman's way of mixing drinks. She finishes filling out the form, and handing it back. The guy behind the bar ignores the first side and immediately flips to the back.

With a smile, she decides to wait around to see his reaction. He wanders towards the garbage can absently. Then stops, brows furrowed. She watches his lips move as he reads, his eyes slowly widening. Finally, he reaches the bottom of the application, his head coming around to look over at her. Their eyes lock, and she gives him a cocky grin. He shuffles back over, stopping a couple times to hand out re-fills. When he reaches the bar opposite her, he leans in again. “I'll be in contact.” Is all he says, a slight sheepish tone in his voice. She nods, still grinning, before hopping down off the stool, and jetting out the door. As soon as she exists, she mumbles a “Sexist pig,” before busting down into mad giggles. Fortunately, no one's around at this late hour to wonder about the poor girl's sanity.

^If I was nuts, my Bro would have spotted it after all^ With that, she hops back on to her bike. After a few seconds riding, she has a thought that stops her dead. ^Who in the world returned my bike?!^ Having it vanish days before, she goes over the possibilities. Shaking off the weirdness, she settles for, ^Whoever it is don't matter. It's back, and I will slay whoever took it.^ With that, she bikes the last 2 blocks home. After a little fancy biking through the ex-elementary school's sports field, she does a little bike jump up the curb and stops at her front sidewalk. Walking the bike round back, she tromps down the back steps and into her and her brother's cave. Well after sun down, the lights are off, but she can hear sounds of life. She knows her brother most likely heard the back door. ^I'll wait^ Heading upstairs, she pulls out a pot from the kitchen supplies and begins whipping up a packet of pork Ramen. ^My favorite^

Her stomach grumbles, having been ignored most of the day. Flipping on the kitchen radio, she scans over to Mix 106 and start rocking out to Metallica's Master of Puppets as she cooks. After another song or 2 the meal is ready. “Itadekimasu.” She chirps before starting in. Using chopsticks, she downs the bowel in less time than it took to cook. As she's washing her dishes afterwords, her brother comes up. Blushing only slightly, he grins. Slipping behind her as she continues scrubbing, he wraps his arms around her middle.

With a kiss to the top of her head he whispers, “Thank you Sis.” She simply nods in return. He stands there holding her until she finishes. She turns around within the circle of his arms and reaches up to hug him hard.

“Never a problem Bro...” She whispers back. With a swift kiss, they wander down stairs. After a quick change into a night shirt, she settles in behind M on the futon. Half asleep, he snuggles back against her while her brother climbs in behind her. ^Hot guy sandwich^ She can't stop a grin from creeping on to her face at the thought. Still smiling, the exhaustion of the day takes over, and the girl swiftly drops off to sleep, clutching her brother's hand in her own.

===========

The next morning, the girl wakes first. ^Waaaaaarm^ Happy where she is, it takes a loud roar from her middle to roust her out of her half sleep. ^Augh^ Wriggling carefully, she manages to get out of bed without waking the men. With heavy feet, she plods upstairs. ^Mom's not up yet....so I guess I'm breakfast girl today^ With a sigh, she does her morning bathroom stuffs before coming out and looking around the kitchen. ^What the hell, I'll go all out!^ Using 12 eggs, half a block of Velveeta, a box of sausage, and half a box of pancake mix, the girl makes a monstrous breakfast for four. The rest of the family slowly wanders in, offing praise and gratitude. She accepts it with “Yes yes, I know I'm da bomb. No need to bow, for I am a kind god.” Her mother throws her a disapproving look at the last statement.

Dousing her entire plate in maple syrup, her mind wanders. ^What to do today. It'll prolly be hot, and I'm positive that guys going to call about the job...^ She absentmindedly chews on her fork.

+++++++++++++++

Sorry that the DP ended up being the same as the last one, but not much happens on weekends here. *Bows low* I am sooo sorry. It's Sunday, what's to be done? And, just as a side question, do you think you should get the job? Thanks for reading!!!

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Ummmmnnnn........ Reply with quote

18 hours til poll goes up! 18 hours!

To Be A Knight
Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, she gets the job.

What to do? I dunno, spends the day online? Seems to be what I often find myself doing Wink

Zephyrrr! And...
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I had forgotten she is short. Does she reach the bar to serve drinks? Maybe she can't get the job.

But who cares, much better to... sign up for a hot air baloon class! The instructor is a bit of a shady guy, though.
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:16 am    Post subject: Polling Reply with quote

Now Polling! You guys really wanna stretch me here don'tcha?

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Shift Reply with quote

Hey. I'ma shift this around so I can work on it a 6PM, a.k.a., after work. SO, enjoy an extra 12 hours of voting! New chapter at 6-7PM tonight!

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Poll Results Reply with quote

Sunday, what to do?
100% [ 2 ]
Spend all day online
0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2
Who Voted: D-Lotus, Thunderbird

To Be A Knight
Author Chapter
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Death Day 9 Reply with quote

Death Day 9

“Ouch!” The girl yelps as she bites down too hard on her fork. Three sets of eyes fall on her, which she tries to ignore. ^Okay, no need to be more of a dork than usual here^ Her mother gets up and walks over to the kitchen radio. There is a collective silent sigh as she switches it over to the local christian station. ^Don't mind it that much, but she tries to keep it on ALL THE TIME!^ Hopping up with an “I'm off!” She gives M a quick hug before bouncing over to her brother. After a quick squeeze, she turns to go, but finds herself trapped in a bear hug.

“Let me check out your leg?” Her bro whispers in her ear. She rolls her eyes and whines. He refuses to let go until she nods. The two head downstairs, and over to one of the may chairs littering the area. He carefully examines the yellowing bruise while she contemplates what she wants to wear for the day. When he stands up with a “Looks good.” the girl follows him up with a punch to the arm.

“Duh! Nothing can ever really harm be, baka....” she chirps before sliding over to the hanging clothes. ^Should wear something half way nice, in case he calls.....^ She decides on a collared button up, with half mast sleeves, and her only pair of nice blue jeans. Topping it off with her Duo cos-play hat, she waves at M as he comes down the stairs and flies out the back door. Hopping on to her bike, she picks a random direction and begins peddling. Looping around, back and forth, she adds a few pages to her mental map of the town. Crossing main street at least twice, she ends up on south side when her phone goes off.

Skidding to a halt, she slides the device out of it leather holster and flips it open. “This is my phone!” She stands almost completely still, one leg on the ground as the person on the other speaks. “Yush, mhm, yeh, ok. Be there in ten.” As she snaps the phone shut, an evil grin finds it's way to her lips. ^Well, didn’t he sound desperate. I better hurry^ She chuckles, then with an exhilarated feeling, takes off full speed for the pub. Pulling up to the stop sign next to the bar, she leans her bike against it, strapping it in with a curly bike chain. After turning the 4 number diles, she spins around. Reaching up, she tugs her hair back in a vain attempt to look presentable.

The noise inside the joint is much more subdued at this early hour, giving the girl her chance to locate the kitchen by sound. Behind the bar stands the tender from last night, and an older man. The man motions her into the back. After almost an hour of discussion, he reaches across his desk and shakes her hand. “You'll be able to start tomorrow night I hope?” he inquires as she turns to leave.

“Yes sir. 7PM sharp!” Giddy and slightly overwhelmed, the girl decides to settle herself down at the beach before heading home to tell the family. Past the House of Ludington. Past Ludington Lighthouse, as well as several other historical sites, the lake comes into view. ^Ahhh, so beautiful, and sweet.^ The Great Lake stretches to the horizon off to her left, giving it an oceanic feel. The breeze is coming off the lake, bringing with it the fresh water, and slightly fishy smell it always has. ^Save for after a heavy rain. Than all there is, is the smell of new life^

Lost in thought, she arrives at the blue bridge without noticing. She slowly coasts to a stop, looking out over the water. ^Here is good^ She props up her bike against the stone bridge's wall and climbs atop said wall. Not fifteen feet bellow the lake water laps gently against the stones lining this side of the shore. ^Best place for pan fish^ she muses. Her mind wanders over all the fun she's had here, in this small town, growing up a free spirited girl. Spending only half her life here, the other half in Minnesota, the memories seem fragmented.

Nights spent on this very bridge, either star gazing, or storm watching. The darkest place in town, many a night you can find future astrologers and astronauts splayed out in soft grass or cool sand, their eyes turned to the heavens. Or on more turbulent nights, storm chasers and tornado hoppers, daring each other to take more and more risks in an attempt to get a good thrill. Sit in the top of a supple tree during a strong wind storm! Stand on the bridge wall during a fierce lighting storm! Go down to the end of the floating docks without holding on to anything. The girl chuckles. Her and her god brother had dubbed the activity “dock surfing”. Holding her hands up, she watches the sun through her fingers. He brother has continually warned her about looking at the sun, but there is something about it at times like this that won't let her look away.

Suddenly, she spots something that almost knocks her off the bridge. ^What in the nine hells?!^ A large green and gray hot air balloon drifts past. Between her and the sun, it almost seems to glow. ^Well, what in all the foreign halls is that doing there?!^ Jumping up, she scans the shore. Spotting a large group of people and colorful signs, she locks on her target. ^Bingo^ In a flash, she's on her wheels and is rocketing down the road towards all the commotion. In less than a minute, she pulls up to a large banner reading, *Hot air balloon lessons, free this week from Terry's Tempests!!!* She grins wide. ^I could go fer some of those!^ Hopping off, she doesn't bother to lock up her bike. She runs over to the sign-up table and fills out one of the applications.

She watches as the balloon comes in for a landing. Many of the girls around her giggle and squee as a relatively attractive(In her personal opinion) jumps out of the basket before opening the door for his student. ^Man a lot of girls are here. Silly fangirls....^ The girl steps out of the basket, blushing and giggling. One of, what she assumes are attendants, comes over and picks up the stack of applications. The instructor reaches over, and without looking, picks one. The girl can almost taste the tension. ^Ugh, I'm going to die from fan girl overload........^ When she hears her name called, she claps her hands over her ears. The deafening whines and sobs die down eventually, letting her uncover them.

She can feel her heckles rise as she gets closer. ^I don't like this feeling^ Second guessing herself, the girl more thoroughly examines the instructor. Tall, short stylish brown hair, white smile, casually open shirt. ^I don't like him^ Half of her mind is screaming to go back, but the other half is urging her on. After all, how often does the chance to fly for free come up? Really? As she steps into the basket, he makes the decision for her. The second she feels a hand on her backside, she whips around and lands a punch square against the left side of his jaw. ^Ow ow ow, thaaat hurt^ Not the strongest person in the world, he manages to keep his feet.

“What the hell?!” He screams. Using her god given accuracy, she fires a loogie straight into his left eye before striding away.

A long string of curses and damnations run through her mind as she gets on her abandoned bike. ^Gat dang, mother son of a peach kit flaming donkey balls of dung!^ It's a full 5 minutes before she calms down enough to think. ^No one lays a hand on me unless I want them to...^ A sudden throb in her wrist calls her attention to the fact that using her hand right now may not be the best of ideas. She looks it over. Unable to find any blood, she uses her other hand to pull her injured hand backwards. A scream tears out of her before she can stifle it. ^ARGH!^ Her eyes prickle with unshed tears, and she begins licking the tender area. She sniffs. ^I need a drink...^

+++++++++++

What to do? She's hurt, but we don't know how bad, she wants to get drunk, and she's a good 15 minute bike ride from home. Bar? Friend's house? Hospital? Other? What cha think?

To Be A Knight
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Ummmmnnnn........ Reply with quote

Hmmmmmmmmmm...........So NO sugestions? Well, I'm too brain dead atm to come up with a chapter today, so I guess I'll let it go another day..I'm sorry if the last chapter suxed, but I would like a few suggestions........Thnx fer reading...

To Be A Knight
Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry pope! Rurouni Kenshin ate my reading time this last week, but i finished the manga series now, so i'm back! haha

i liked these chapters. =) i'd say since they have that connection, brother knows we're hurt. perhaps he comes looking for us & finds us wandering around with no real direction?
Thunderbird
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one slipped past my radar apparently... Sorry for that P.

Well, this gal sure gets hurt a lot Wink I think at this point she needs a friend's shoulder to cry on, and said friend would surely be able to offer her a drink as well?

Zephyrrr! And...
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Polling Reply with quote

Now polling, come and vote!!!!!!!!! How will she heal after this one?

To Be A Knight
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 339

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Popes, sorry to be harsh but...

You have one day to post a new chapter, or it shall be moved to the snail area.

Thank your for your speedy attention. Very Happy
PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. I'll have it up in an hour or so. I need to read yer chappy first Laughing

Where to heal?
Go to friend's house for a drink
50% [ 2 ]
Go out with a friend for a drink
25% [ 1 ]
Wander around until Bro finds her
25% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4
Who Voted: Andolyn, Chinaren, Thunderbird, Tikanni Corazon

To Be A Knight
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: