Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Hello All! Airwings Here With Some Art!

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Artistic Avenue - Poetry and Member Art -> Art Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The Airwings Oracle
Tourist

Topics: 3

Items
Legends
Fables
151 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Hello All! Airwings Here With Some Art! Reply with quote

Hey there! This is officially my first post here on IF and i thought I'd start off by posting a couple drawings I've done. They're not much, but I figured I should at least try. Most of the character drawings being posted are based off of a series I've been toiling over for 6 years or so now. If anybody is curious or has any questions, feel free to ask!

Headshot of Vain Nightwind:

Relaxing Valor Nightwind:

Much more can be seen on my DeviantArt page, but I would recommend messaging me for that! Happy viewing!
Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Topics: 30

Items
Legends
Fables
581 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to IF, Airwings!!

Thats some pretty nice artwork up there. I love the detailing on the clothes of "Valor Nightwind" in his relaxing pose. And I am curious as to what this series really is.. Never heard of Nightwind before.. Or did you mean you created the character??

Anyway, if you have any questions about IF or anything that you'd like to ask, Im just a PM away. Once again, welcome to IF and I hope you enjoy the city!

Be sure to read HATE in Romance section Wink

Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome! very good traditional art!
Andolyn
Mayor's Ambassador

Topics: 20
Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Items
Legends
Fables
1578 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE THIS!!! i'm a traditional artist, myself. pen and paper are my best friends. XD i hope you decide to make an SG with these characters! i'd love to learn more about them, and i'd love to see more!
The Airwings Oracle
Tourist

Items
Legends
Fables
151 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikas Muralidharan wrote:

Thats some pretty nice artwork up there. I love the detailing on the clothes of "Valor Nightwind" in his relaxing pose. And I am curious as to what this series really is.. Never heard of Nightwind before.. Or did you mean you created the character??

Anyway, if you have any questions about IF or anything that you'd like to ask, Im just a PM away. Once again, welcome to IF and I hope you enjoy the city!

Oh man, did I forget to put that down? Yes I designed and created these characters. It's for a series I've been working on for around six years or so. Thanks so much for the feedback!
The Airwings Oracle
Tourist

Items
Legends
Fables
151 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barking_Basenji_Splitpin wrote:
welcome! very good traditional art!

Thank you!
The Airwings Oracle
Tourist

Items
Legends
Fables
151 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andolyn wrote:
I LOVE THIS!!! i'm a traditional artist, myself. pen and paper are my best friends. XD i hope you decide to make an SG with these characters! i'd love to learn more about them, and i'd love to see more!

I might consider doing a SG not focusing on the main parts of the story. it might prove to be really fun X3 And thanks so much for the comments X3 I'll have to post some more up at one point or another, so keep a lookout!
Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Topics: 30

Items
Legends
Fables
581 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Airwings Oracle wrote:
Vikas Muralidharan wrote:

Oh man, did I forget to put that down? Yes I designed and created these characters. It's for a series I've been working on for around six years or so. Thanks so much for the feedback!

I'd love to see how it's coming through.. How about putting it up as an SG so we can read it? Wink

Be sure to read HATE in Romance section Wink

PopeAlessandrosXVIII
Arts and Poetry Mod

Topics: 122

Items
Legends
Fables
7870 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Mwahahaha Reply with quote

*Stalks* See, told ja they'd like ya Cloud Razz *Puts in a request* Can you put Death up? The original one, I wanna see it here! Pweeeese?

To Be A Knight
And my first Finished work Death Day
Cremuex Levier
Resident

Topics: 6

Items
Legends
Fables
11 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got some excellent colouring there and very nice art, though to be honest, I think the zoom in might have detracted from it a little bit in the sense that you can see the pencil lines that have dragged and scratched the paper where the graphite is a bit denser.

Nice work, I'm looking forward to seeing more of it. From Pope's post I assume you found your way over here because of him? He's the one that brought me over here too >w<

It's nice to meet you Airwings (I'm just going to call you that unless you prefer to be called Oracle), I hope to see you around.
The Airwings Oracle
Tourist

Items
Legends
Fables
151 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cremuex Levier wrote:
You've got some excellent colouring there and very nice art, though to be honest, I think the zoom in might have detracted from it a little bit in the sense that you can see the pencil lines that have dragged and scratched the paper where the graphite is a bit denser.

Nice work, I'm looking forward to seeing more of it. From Pope's post I assume you found your way over here because of him? He's the one that brought me over here too >w<

It's nice to meet you Airwings (I'm just going to call you that unless you prefer to be called Oracle), I hope to see you around.

Airwings is what I prefer X3 And yes, it was a combined effort of Pope and KKDestiny that had me walk into this city Very Happy Also I'm not quite certain how to make the picture smaller. Any advice on that would be awesome. I've also seen some of your art and I thought it was really nice! Thanks so much!
Cremuex Levier
Resident

Topics: 6

Items
Legends
Fables
11 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for resizing an image it really does depend on what program you use...

From the shadow in the second picture where he's relaxing it gives me the idea that you're either using photoshop or corel which I'm not too reversed in either of I'm afraid.

I can tell you how to scale an image down in Microsoft Paint, if you're using an apple computer it should have something similar available, I'm unsure about what Linux uses.

When you open your image on Microsoft paint you go to the image tab then sketch skrew (or 'control' and 'W' if you prefer to use quick keys), from there you can choose (as a percentage) on how big you'd like to make it or how small you'd like to make it. The second way to resize an image using Microsoft paint is clicking the edit tab and then the select all tab (this has a sticky keys of 'ctrl' and 'a') and then grabbing the bottom right corner square and moving your cursor either in or out to make it smaller or larger respectively.

Granted, that was much ado about nothing and you'd probably figure that out on your own in no time, sorry for page stretching your thread Airwings.
HalfEmptyHero
Headmaster of the Academy

Topics: 33

Items
Legends
Fables
423 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cremuex Levier wrote:
I'm unsure about what Linux uses.

Gimp. Or if you are cool you can scale images using imagemagick. I don't think there is a bbcode tag on this forum that can do it automatically.
The Airwings Oracle
Tourist

Items
Legends
Fables
151 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the tips! I have an old edition of PhotoShop if anybody is curious C:
The Airwings Oracle
Tourist

Items
Legends
Fables
151 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Mwahahaha Reply with quote

PopeAlessandrosXVIII wrote:
*Stalks* See, told ja they'd like ya Cloud Razz *Puts in a request* Can you put Death up? The original one, I wanna see it here! Pweeeese?

Wellllll my good friend, I suppose I can try to hunt down an old picture of Death. Are you by chance referring to the shot of him holding his scythe?
The Airwings Oracle
Tourist

Items
Legends
Fables
151 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, just thought I'd update you folks with a few pieces I've done since my last art splatter on this site! I'm gonna post links this time, that way my art doesn't engulf the page!

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/273/5/3/request_entry__aesir_in_stratus___outfit_by_stormstrife16-d5gei7q.png

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/272/c/2/what_is_this_i_don__t_even____by_stormstrife16-d5gaoao.png

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/271/4/7/request_entry__ace_in_doulcx__s_clothes_by_stormstrife16-d5g74ga.png

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/260/2/b/request_entry__zeke_valiant_in_stratus___clothes_by_stormstrife16-d5f0i9f.png

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/223/0/3/contest_entry__how_meeting_you_changed_my_life_by_stormstrife16-d5aqywr.png

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/140/d/f/soul_eater_fc__raphael_sinclair_by_stormstrife16-d50iz0c.png

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2012/276/e/b/contemporary_self_portrait_by_stormstrife16-d5gohbq.png
Vishal Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Topics: 24

Items
Legends
Fables
508 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOAH! That self portrait was EPIC! xD

Wonderful artwork, airwings! Would love to see more of it xD

The eyes are useless if the mind is blind.
The Airwings Oracle
Tourist

Items
Legends
Fables
151 Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vishal Muralidharan wrote:
WOAH! That self portrait was EPIC! xD

Wonderful artwork, airwings! Would love to see more of it xD

Thanks a ton man!!!! The self-portrait was a bit tricky. I actually had to do that as an assignment for Electronic Imaging. I was proud of it so I thought I'd let you guys get a look at it X3
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Art Gallery All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: